Help me write a resume so I can work in a dispensary!

Nesta

NY’s Medical MJ program is starting up. One of the dispensaries will be 5 min. from my house- so, on a whim, I applied for a job. They got back to me- asking for my resume. I’ve never written a resume, I’m a retired civil servant (an ex-subway motorman –for Christ’s sake!).

I’m sure I can find an outline on the web, but how should I convince them that I can sell their cannabis products?

Tell them I’m passionate & knowledgeable about something that’s still illegal (for me) in NY? Say I’ve been reading everything I can get my hands on regarding cannabis? That I know the difference between a sativa & an indica? Have experience with tinctures, edibles & vaporizers? That I read FC cover to cover daily?

I’m serious though. There’s a fine line between coming off as a dedicated stoner - as opposed to a wise dispenser of cannabis knowledge. How do I emphasize the latter? If you have any suggestions about how to craft a resume & what to tell (or not tell) this big start up company, please let me know. (I wonder if they drug test?)

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Ability to stand long hours, ability to deal with medicated customers. Belief that cannabis can provide relief to medical users.

Edit: Familiarity with various forms of medicine--flower, concentrate, edibles, salve, etc.

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
Emphasizing your ability to sell would not be appropriate, IMO. Here in California, licensed medical marijuana users are dispensaries' patients rather than customers. Expect things will be that way in New York, too. Good luck! :)

Top Bottom