Help me pick my next butane vape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm looking to decide between the Nimbinvap (like a mini VaporGenie), Lotus, and Supreme. So far I'm leaning Supreme, as my room mate can likely use it without combusting (temp gauge), but the Lotus and NimbinVap both look pretty decent (and cheap). The temp readout is really just for him; I want big glass-milking hits, and I'm also looking for tasty. I am coming from a Daisy if that helps. Thoughts?

Last edited:
ragnorokk,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I think the Supreme may be the way to go. The Lotus is amazing but it takes practice to avoid combusting.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the NimbinVap so I can't offer any insight there

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I still say the supreme vape may be your only safe bet if you want to avoid combustion. The vapcap is the only other butane vape I know of which indicates when it's reached vaping temperature to prevent overheating/combustion

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I don't have a lotus or nimbin. Heard of them both but they both have no appeal to me really.

The Supreme 3 basically retired my Daisy. She(daisy) doesn't taste as good or give as big of hits IMO. You cannot pull too fast on the Supreme...you just end up with much more vapor when you do! I am heating up my Supreme now actually...time for lift off!

I don't have a lotus or nimbin. Heard of them both but they both have no appeal to me really.

The Supreme 3 basically retired my Daisy. She(daisy) doesn't taste as good or give as big of hits IMO. You cannot pull too fast on the Supreme...you just end up with much more vapor when you do! I am heating up my Supreme now actually...time for lift off!
Doesn't taste as good? Wow, my brain is broken. Guess I'll have to order a supreme? I was really trying to save some space with that NimbinVap or Lotus, but that's a srs endorsement.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
12 minutes later and I have done 3 heat cycles on one fully packed stem. First cycle was done without the stem loaded for more convection experience. I kept the stem in for the next two heat cycles giving a stronger conduction feeling. I get about 4 or 5 huge bong rips each cycle. Its almost like a dabbing experience as I can probably pack close to a .4 in there all nugs not ground. I am so slammed right now its probably taken me another 12 minutes to type this in my phone. I think I feel like ataxian sounds! Very well medicated and happy!

Its almost like a dabbing experience ... I am so slammed right now ... I think I feel like ataxian sounds!
Is this pretty much the experience of Supreme users across the board? Honestly, I thought I was treatin myself with the Daisy, but that sounds pretty amazing.

Any lotus/supreme users want to chime in on the benefits/drawbacks between those 2 specifically?

ragnorokk,

Morimoto

Lotus owner for 14 months, I would recommend the Lotus to anyone! It can combust but it's always because I pushed it too far trying to milk the shit outta my perc tube. I only bought the WPA and cap and never regretted the purchase once.

Also... the possiblility of combustion shouldn't sway anyone off this vape, the fact that you can run the temp that high is a good thing I think, I love that border line zone where the AVB is tapped the fuck out and ISO washing my AVB only gives a tiny amount of concentrate because it's almost 100% extracted.

Morimoto,
Reactions: ragnorokk

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I can't comment about the Supreme....although the Lotus is one of my favourite flame powered vape cause it taste very good but the Nimbivap is easier and quicker for large clouds.

I can't remenber the exact cost of the Supreme but I think you can get a NimbinVap +Vaponic or maybe a lotus + a NimbinVap for a similar cost.I noticed the Supreme use a ton of tane and need a big torch for decent heating time.

The supreme didn't excited my curiosity.

The price of the nimbinvap and a lotus was really compelling to get both, but the Supreme users seem to have such nice things to say about it... I wish the Lily was available at a reasonable price still, as I would swoop one with a water tool for sure.

ragnorokk,

Gregori

CannaBoss
I still say the supreme vape may be your only safe bet if you want to avoid combustion. The vapcap is the only other butane vape I know of which indicates when it's reached vaping temperature to prevent overheating/combustion
Wispr and Hammer vapes have it too.

Gregori,
Key points for me are:
1) Hooks up to a 14 or 18mm joint
2) Milks a bong
3) Delivers good flavor profile

If I can keep my room mate from combusting with it, that's awesome. If not, he can use my GH when it gets here and stay the fuck away from this vape (already the rule for Zion).

It's tough, because the Lotus, Lily, Supreme all seem to hit these points. Nimbivap seems to still be on the plate, for sheer vapor production. I'll sleep on it, since I can't get any Supreme vs Lotus comparisons (Thanks for the Lotus v Nimbus comparison, @PPN )

Maybe someone has a Lotus to Daisy comparison for me? I know the Lily is a better Daisy comparison, but I don't have access to a Lily, whereas I own a Daisy.

The 400 degree limit for the Supreme to be safe is kind of a bummer, I have to say.

Last edited:
ragnorokk,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Daisy vs lotus?

I reach more to my Lotus for some reasons (included stirring tool, better hit size control and no tane inhalation) and it is easier to clean (except if you want to dismantle the cap).

I love my Daisy too but it's more a special occasion vape, I like the large bowl for a long session.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Hammer is my suggestion, its harder to combust with than the NimbinVap and the flavor is one of the best out of all the vapes I've tried.

The 420Sale discount is still working so the Hammer is only 77 dollars right now.

Also gives you a solid concentrate vape if you want heavier hits than your W9 tools.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: friedrich

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
@PPN Where are you loading the daisy to? She definitely tastes way better/performs much better when you just pack it to that first little ring. That's usually less than .1g

And don't pack it even. Just load it to that, maybe a little tamp. That's it.

seaofgreens,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
You might to be right but my average load is a bit more, something like 0.15-0.2 I think...

PPN,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I don't believe any of these aforementioned vapes will get you half as dense of clouds you can get from Supreme. The hardest hitting vape if you pay attention was always aclaimed to be the Subliminator. Well just the other week someone dropped in the thread to say they like their Supreme over their Sub. I hate to say this but I dont think Daisy or the Hammer are even in the same league. The gnockoff gnome I have can get closer than those two but takes mich more effort.

The Supreme 400 degree max temp is fine. Above that you will start to get a bad taste (not quite combustion but closing in on it taste) and the sleeve that holds the temp sensor will deteriate if you overheat often to where you will need to replace it. Staying under 400 is easy and the density of the vapor is just unbelievable. You can combust in the Supreme too, its just not as easy since we don't need to push the temp to get those huge dense clouds. I can get bigger clouds at 150c than I can scorching and bordering combustion in my Daisy. I can take longer and fuller hits with the Supreme too so that helps.

If I were you I would compare some videos of the lotus and Supreme. Maybe you will find answers within the videos. Make sure you watch Ed's (the creator of the Supreme) and @IAmKrazy2 videos. And since PPN likes the lotus as much, I would be suprised if he does not have some high quality videos of it during use. I just don't see how the lotus could keep up. I can't see any vaporizers coming close in performance because the heat exchanger provides you with 1.5 feet of hot air. Tell me what vape gives you a hot air path that long....this is why you cannot over power the Supreme unless it loses temp.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Yeah, that one looks really neat. Definitely will pick one up someday I hope. How long does it take to heat it initially?

seaofgreens,

subway13029

Supreme 3 is by far the biggest hitting vape and best tasting ive ever hit..it is pure flavor and giant rips..i had gotten a little tired of butane vapes..then i got the supreme..its only 128.00 if you are in the u.s. so its a no brainer..i use the mighty,evo,surfer,and minivap and my big dog drivers but i ways go to supreme when i wannna giant bong rip and quick!!

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Supreme 3 is by far the biggest hitting vape and best tasting ive ever hit..it is pure flavor and giant rips..i had gotten a little tired of butane vapes..then i got the supreme..its only 128.00 if you are in the u.s. so its a no brainer..i use the mighty,evo,surfer,and minivap and my big dog drivers but i ways go to supreme when i wannna giant bong rip and quick!!
Where do I find it for that price, do you have a link?

paytonpenn,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Heat time can vary. Two big torchs can get the Supreme from room temp to 200c/400f range in 90 seconds or less actually. A small torch like what typically comes with the Daisy would take at least 3 minutes or more. You want a big torch for two reasons tho, one is for the speed of heating and the second is so it is tall enough to stand by the Supreme on its own so you can heat without holding either. I usually just use one big torch and heatup time is about 90-120 seconds.

If you want to shorten the session time you can just add heat while your hitting the Supreme so you dont have to go through the 90-120 second heat process. You can keep the Supreme at temp for as long as you wont by heating it for 5-10 seconds after or during each hit.

Edit:

Where do I find it for that price, do you have a link?
Lol, I dont know why you don't have this thing already but I would love to see you make a video featuring the Supreme...we probably won't be able to see you at all through the clouds as your videos seem to always have great clouds in them despite what vape you use. I hope I sold you on this one.

To order contact Ed through his email and he will setup a paypal payment. His contact info can be found here:
http://www.supremevaporizer.com/ContactUs.html

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Lol, I dont know why you don't have this thing already but I would love to see you make a video featuring the Supreme...we probably won't be able to see you at all through the clouds as your videos seem to always have great clouds in them despite what vape you use. I hope I sold you on this one.

To order contact Ed through his email and he will setup a paypal payment. His contact info can be found here:
http://www.supremevaporizer.com/ContactUs.html
Because the site said 200, and directed to eBay since its (out of stock on site). The ebay reseller has it for 240.

I was just thinking I am not going to pay over 140. Even still that is far more than I want to pay considering my vast collection and the current looks of the Supreme.

My Hammer is pretty solid, and has a much quicker heat up time, 20 seconds to 200C. I can't disagree that the Supreme has more power but it also has a greater heatsink with apparently a much greater heat up time. Performance looks phenomenal, I don't think it looks that much better than the Hammer but my temperature range is rarely under 200C.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: Gregori
I am coming from a Daisy if that helps. Thoughts?

Vaporstore.com pull their LAST Daisy's from eBay and put them back in the stores stock. "420day" sale was still working as of yesterday to knock off 15%. Just saying.. Mine arrives the 25th, lily gets to meet her big sis! The price stung, but I'm sure its worth it.. I suppose you being a current owner you'd be a better judge of that though.

I'd also consider the hammer as an easy option for a heavy hitter. You could adjust the dial right and turn most anyone loose with it with no fear of combustion. The Supremes a monster, but it doesn't seem to do well with microdoses and takes an awful lot to warm up. If I were a more social vaporist I'd be all over it however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom