• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Help me finalize my decision? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

16jps

Hey FC,

I'm a looooong time lurker here (4 years). I've come to really value the advise and opinions of this community and hope you guys can help me out :)

Initially switched to vaping to conserve material but overtime have come to really prefer the more "medicinal effects" of vaping.

So two years ago after a long binge of research here I picked up my first vape, the solo. Man I loved that thing...unfortunately it gave out on me right after its warranty was up. (Thank you btw for helping me make the choice, I don't think I could've chosen a better first vape).

Well fast forward to the present and some things have changed: I have my prescription now and the quality and choices in materials associated with having that has improved my quality of life immensely, and I'm out of school and have money to invest.

I'm just about ready to make my purchase but I want some finalizing advise from this great community.

I'm looking into a desktop unit. I understand they perform better and are more reliable than portables for the most part, and i think it just overall suits my needs better.

The top 2 contenders I've narrowed it down to are:

- the cloud evo
- the enano (or UD not sure yet)
- I've also considered the firefly 2 but again I mostly vape at home.

An important note is that given where I live these will cost about the same with tax and shipping all together. Maybe -$60 bucks for e nano. Also I don't use concentrates only dry material.

My questions are:
1) what are your opinions on these 2 (3) vapes for my needs and what do you like/ suggest.
2) how much do they smell (my landlord is not friendly to the smell)
3) can I get all of the cannabinoids out of my indica strains while vaping (I use it for sleep disorders and evening anxiety/depression)
4) does the evo need a water pipe or is the dry mouthpiece functional enough.

Sorry this is so long...
I would really appreciate you folks' help.

Thanks,

16jps

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I would suggest getting a battery for your Solo. Do you have the older style Solo? The older style came out in 2011 and was upgraded 2 years ago. The older style can't be charged and used at the same time with the regular power cord. If you do you can get a PA that will power your Solo if the battery is the problem. These PA (large electrical adapter cord) will power the older style Solo. It doesn't need the battery to operate. These PAs are still being sold through Arizer, Planetvape and I think Puffitup too. If this works you still can use your Solo.

Here's a picture. It's on the right. It's fairly large, it's bigger than the regular power cord. It's expensive too. Just an idea. You wouldn't want to buy one and find its something else. I copied from PIU. Give @OF a PM.

clear1x1.gif

Icon_FreeShipping_Small.gif

Arizer Solo Power Adapter
Our Price: $44.99
Icon_FreeShipping_Small.gif

I have the Cloud EVO and the Enano. I use my nano more often. They are both awesome units. It comes down to personal preference. You might feel the opposite? The nano I keep plugged in 24/7. It's just small and more convenient. It has awesome flavor like the EVO.

The EVO I save for when I really want to get wrecked. Usually right before bed. I keep the EVO put away because it's kinda big. It also wants to slide a bit across my coffee table because of the heavy power cord. There are fixes to that issue if I wanted to go to the trouble. I use cannabis for ongoing pain. For me, I like easy and convieient.

Another thing to consider what if you were to drop your vaporizer? I think a log vape would withstand a fall better than the EVO. The EVO has a glass inside, if it was dropped the inside would crack or shatter, it would be an expensive fix. You would have to send it into the company and they would charge. The EVO is more expensive than a log vape too.

Last edited:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... i agree with carol. i have both nano and evo and my nano gets majority of use.

i would also push the desktop if your not using it out and about...

edit: the evo can be used dry just as well as with water... .same goes with the nano!

16jps

Thanks for the reply guys!
It seems that the problem with my solo is the heating element itself (I looked into it for a bit but eventually gave up).

Either way I want a good solid reliable desktop unit. Can anyone comment on the reliability and longevity of these units?

Also the question of cannabinoids is still up in the air for me, I've read very mixed opinions on the topic.

Also I'm totally open to the suggestion of other units all together, these two choices are just based on what I've gathered from you guys as the best of the best.

Again thanks a lot <3

(I had no idea people would reply so fast...I'll definitely be more active in this community from now on!)

CarolKing

I've had 2 enanos for 16 months. After getting my cherry Enano the wood split and I loved the taste so much I didn't want to be without it while it was being fixed so I bought a walnut Enano. The cherry unit was still usable. After getting the walnut unit then I sent my cherry unit in for a fix. Turn around time was just 10 days from the time I sent it back for repair.

I haven't had any problems with either enanos. Sometimes I use one for an aroma therapy device with different scented oils. I have one unit on 24/7. Like I said a log vape would withstand a fall better than an EVO.

I've had my EVO since March 2016. I haven't had any issues with it. It's not used all the time though.

Last edited:

16jps

I'm definitely leaning towards the enano. Does anyone have experience with it being shipped to Canada? It doesn't sound like I can really go wrong with either unit however the fragility is a "solid" point (-.-). Is there a wood which is more durable? (Cherry, walnut, etc.)

Smell? Indica Cannabinoids?

Thanks again folks!

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
Either way I want a good solid reliable desktop unit. Can anyone comment on the reliability and longevity of these units?

...i've had my nano(s) for just over a year IIRC and both are on 24/7 (one in basement one in garage) and (knock on wood) i've had zero issues. (even dropped one twice)
the thing i love most about the nano is its always ready to go when i am.

... the evo is also a beast. I've had mine for maybe 8mo and had no issues either, but i only turn it on when i wanna use it.
The evo has a 1-2h(?) auto shut off (would be my only gripe!).

The evo is much larger and not as aesthetically pleasing imo and if left out the nano is more inconspicuous.

i had no issues shipping to canada! also i believe the smell would depend on the temperature being used (lower temps smell less than higher temps??)

I have a cherry and maple fiddle. I think the wood is totally based on aesthetics and has nothing to do with performance since all the cores/heaters are same.?.?

... Good luck! IMO which ever unit you decide on you wont be disappointed :tup:

16jps

Hey guys,

Thanks a ton. You've solidified my choice of the enano. A few last questions:

1) what stem should I get. The standard one or the upgraded all glass one.

2) do they use discreet shipping methods? (ie labelling on package)

3) maybe my cannabinoids for vaping indica question is kinda dumb. It's just when I was last vaping I had no idea what strain it was. Now I do. Should I expect to get the desired effects out of my nighttime Indica? Like I currently do smoking?

<3

CarolKing

Get an extra adjustable stem and a GonG is you are going to use a water tool. The glass fixed screen stem when dropped it will break right at the glass screen. Sometimes if I drop the adjustable stems they don't break. They have nice thick glass for both stems but the fixed glass screen stem seems more fragile.

It will say Epicvape I think on the package. I can't remember if someone wants to chime in or just ask them. Ask questions in the Enano thread.
Here is their website.
www.Epicvape.com

MinnBobber

3) maybe my cannabinoids for vaping indica question is kinda dumb. It's just when I was last vaping I had no idea what strain it was. Now I do. Should I expect to get the desired effects out of my nighttime Indica? Like I currently do smoking?
Vaping day or nighttime, sativa or indica or hybrid, in any and all conditions will give the desired effects much much much better then smoking!
Vaping will give you all the goodies from the herb, without all the nasty nasty smelly smelly combustion by-products!

Vaping will give you all the true effects from your bud. For nighttime effects, many prefer an indica vaped at a high temp

16jps

Vaping day or nighttime, sativa or indica or hybrid, in any and all conditions will give the desired effects much much much better then smoking!
Vaping will give you all the goodies from the herb, without all the nasty nasty smelly smelly combustion by-products!

Vaping will give you all the true effects from your bud. For nighttime effects, many prefer an indica vaped at a high temp

That's great to hear thanks for the answer!
Can anybody make any preemptive suggestions on the power dial and optimal temperatures?

I'll put in the order as soon as I can figure out where I'm going to ship it to.

Thanks guys <3

blackstone

It looks like you're nearly decided, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned the niche I became interested in recently. Which is, heat source above the load water vapes such as the Aromed and the RooR or Herborizer and Galaxy Vortex.
They're supposed to be good in that it doesn't cook when you're not drawing from it.
But maybe you're better off without water, and they're a bit bulky.
I felt I didn't need those just yet as I'm very happy with my Volcano (but I realise that probably just suits my type of person!) and my few portables.
Also, I can understand not wanting to pursue some warranty claims and postage, and your desire to try something different after Solo, but if you're ever stuck for a handy portable or backup vape...
I think the Solo warranty lasts a year or two, but the heater element is supposedly covered for lifetime? Just that you said it was the heater element on yours.
They may have already refused cover for all I know but I'll mention it as it would be a shame to see a Solo "terminated"!!
Best of luck with your new device and I'll hope to be getting a prescription myself in the next year or two fingers crossed! It must be great.

16jps

Hey blackstone,

I'm gonna take a quick look at the ones you mentioned, though i am nearly decided. I will likely continue to pursue restoring my solo to working condition once I've made the switch back to vaping. But one thing at a time.

Take care,

16jps

al bundy

Vaporist
You have nothing to lose to contact Arizer
I bet they'll help you out
Even if they offer a replacement for a small fee would be great
They're in Canada so shouldn't be a problem

You'll love the Nano I use it between 6-8
6 you could always adjust from there.

ZC

I've never tried the evo, but you can't go wrong with a log. UD is my go to recommendation. The thing hits hard, comes with a variety of stems of your choosing, and their customer service is absolutely world class.

I've never dealt with any company that provides CS as fantastic as @underdog and @underdogette do.

And on top of that each piece is a unique work of art. No 2 are the same in look, but they all hit hard!

I also use indicas for sleep. Logs work great for them.

Mr. Me2

Thanks for this thread! I'm not a desktop guy, but love reading and learning about the best.

@16jps, because I'm a portable guy, I still think you need one of those for just in cases times and for when you don't want to be tethered by an electric cord. For solid reliability, stealth, and LONG warranty, you may want to think about the pax2. And I love my grasshopper, but it's still working out its new product bugs (lifetime warranty though). Crafty/Mighty are much loved but have warranty issues... And ff2 should be kept on the list of possibles.

16jps

Thanks for the link, that was indeed reassuring.
Thanks for this thread! I'm not a desktop guy, but love reading and learning about the best.

@16jps, because I'm a portable guy, I still think you need one of those for just in cases times and for when you don't want to be tethered by an electric cord. For solid reliability, stealth, and LONG warranty, you may want to think about the pax2. And I love my grasshopper, but it's still working out its new product bugs (lifetime warranty though). Crafty/Mighty are much loved but have warranty issues... And ff2 should be kept on the list of possibles.
I will eventually need a portable. If I can't get my solo fixed. I'll either pick up a ff2 or another solo if I'm feeling cheap.

<3

16jps

ZC

Will I regret getting the enano instead of the underdog?

I doubt you'll regret it. Pretty much everyone I've seen who owns an E-nano loves it.

But for me I went with UD for a few reasons (the prices are pretty similar)

The UD comes with 4 stems of your choice. The E-nano only comes with one.

Replacement stems for the e-nano are more expensive and they have less stem options.

UD also has stainless steel tipped stems, which have smaller bowls and run a bit hotter. These are perfect for getting huge hits out of tiny loads. As far as I know E-nano just has the bigger glass stems.

The UD runs on 12v, E-nano 110v. For normal home use this doesnt really matter, but the UD can be taken on the go relatively cheaply with an adjustible 12v battery pack. Taking the e-nano on the go is possible but requires a much more expensive battery. I use my UD battery pack around the house even, when I want to use it at the kichen table or coffee table, but mostly for camping.

You can also plug the UD into a car since it's 12v, very convenient for some.

This might not matter to you, but I like that each UD is unique. E-nano's have CNC'd bodies so they're all the same boring flat cylinder. It's functional but it isn't personal.

The only con I can think of with the UD is that it doesn't come with a dimmer like the e-nano but tbh you don't really need one. You can get them off amazon or from UD for a couple bucks but I never actually use mine. You have a lot of temp control between screen placement and draw speed, imo another variable isn't helpful.

I don't want to discount their experience but mine doesn't match that in the resource above, they clearly say they can't even get close to scorching herb wit their UD which makes me believe they have a cooler (defective) unit. Mine is powerful enough to combust if I put the screen close enough and draw slower.

Take all that for what you will but I'm sure whatever option you choose you'll be happy with it, your list of choices only has great vapes so I doubt you'll be disappointed by any of them.

EDIT: I'm so sorry, I missed that you already ordered an E-nano, if I noticed that post I wouldn't have written all this up.

Last edited:

16jps

Hey,

I got an order confirmation email. Will I get one for shipping confirmation? Thanks.

16jps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom