Help me decide between Milaana and The Mighty. Do you prefer session or on demand?

Teabag

Guys, need help deciding between the Milaana and the Mighty. The decision seems to be coming down to whether I'll enjoy a session or an on demand vape more.

Does anyone here own both? Your input will be greatly appreciated.

The only vape experience I have is the MFLB that I've owned for about 5 years.

I will be looking to use the vape to keep me up almost 24/7 while I work.

For Milaana:
-On demand and multisession. Mighty has a 90 second heat up time and the whole load better be vaped in a single session.

For Mighty:
- Ease of use. Just turn it on, wait and enjoy the session. No need to be sucking on and heating the vape just right.
-No hassle with swapping out the batteries, just keep it plugged in throughout the day and use whenever...

I'm stuck and having difficulty deciding. As I said I've only ever used MFLB.

I'm not sure what will annoy me more, having to wait for the heat up and only smoking in sessions, or having to constantly be swapping out batteries and concentrating really hard on getting the vape to work just right.

Right now I'm leaning more toward milaana as I think that having the fast heat up time and multisession option is a lot more valuable, but I keep thinking in the back of my mind that perhaps when I do end up using the vape, those things won't matter to me at all.

Guys who have tried both or just have a lot of experience with different vapes, please share your thoughts on what you think I'll appreciate more and why.

This is a session vs on demand question as much as it is a mighty vs milaana question.

duff

Well worn
Welcome @Teabag.

Both are great vapes.
But the answer is very dependent on your normal usage.

Tubo does either mode... instantly.
You could keep it plugged in as well and doesn't cook your material during session mode (Tubo calls it cruise mode).

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I have used both extensively.

The thing you're not thinking about is temperature regulation. You're not pressing a button and boom the Milaana is instantly at vaporizing temperature.

No - the button on the Milaana is a trigger for the power - press and hold to heatup from a cold-start, then fiddle with the button as you rip it to ensure you don't overshoot temps and hit combustion temps. Takes a bit of practice to learn how long to hold the button to reheat while drawing (power button timing depends on the rate at which you rip, so everyone is different in that regard).

If you're a newbie to the vape or vaporizers in general, the Milaana might not be an enjoyable experience. It's certainly not a vaporizer which I would share with my smoking friends who don't know how to vape. But that's simply because I loathe when my newbie friends combust in my vapes and foul up the flavor.

The Mighty however is more of a vape on cruise control. Set it to your favorite temp wait for it to heat up and forget about it, just vape away. Very easy to share with friends

Is the Milaana nice? Sure it is, did I end up buying my friend's Milaana? Naw, it's fun to "surf" the vapor waves, but it was too much hassle for me (I'm lazy - I like my ENano which is always on and running at my favorite temperature). Ultimately I ended up purchasing a Crafty for my personal collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teabag

Welcome @Teabag.

Both are great vapes.
But the answer is very dependent on your normal usage.

Tubo does either mode... instantly.
You could keep it plugged in as well and doesn't cook your material during session mode (Tubo calls it cruise mode).

Thanks a lot for the tip, I've been researching vapes every day for the last week or so and don't think I've seen this one mentioned before. Do you own it? How good is it? How does it compare to the mighty and the milaana?

I have used both extensively.

The thing you're not thinking about is temperature regulation. You're not pressing a button and boom the Milaana is instantly at vaporizing temperature.

No - the button on the Milaana is a trigger for the power - press and hold to heatup from a cold-start, then fiddle with the button as you rip it to ensure you don't overshoot temps and hit combustion temps. Takes a bit of practice to learn how long to hold the button to reheat while drawing (power button timing depends on the rate at which you rip, so everyone is different in that regard).

If you're a newbie to the vape or vaporizers in general, the Milaana might not be an enjoyable experience. It's certainly not a vaporizer which I would share with my smoking friends who don't know how to vape. But that's simply because I loathe when my newbie friends combust in my vapes and foul up the flavor.

The Mighty however is more of a vape on cruise control. Set it to your favorite temp wait for it to heat up and forget about it, just vape away. Very easy to share with friends

Is the Milaana nice? Sure it is, did I end up buying my friend's Milaana? Naw, it's fun to "surf" the vapor waves, but it was too much hassle for me (I'm lazy - I like my ENano which is always on and running at my favorite temperature). Ultimately I ended up purchasing a Crafty for my personal collection.

Hey man, really appreciate you replying.

From what I understand you're recommending the mighty, right?

Which one do you personally prefer and use more, and why? Which one do you enjoy more?

As I mentioned I've owned a MFLB for 5 years, and that also requires a certain level of "skill" to use, so I am confident this won't be an issue with the Milaana, but I am still wondering if I'll enjoy using the Mighty more just because it's effortless.

What's your take on the fact that the Mighty is a session vape with a 90 second heat up time? Do you find that it's a major annoyance and you get a lot more use of the Milaana because you can pick up,vape and put it down whenever you want, or is it not a big deal at all?

I found the MFLB a bit of an annoyance to use. I'd have to stir it every time, and holding the battery in to apply the heat is a little uncomfortable, this is why I'm leaning towards the mighty, you just switch it on, wait and enjoy, no mess, no fuss.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Milaana can always be used as a session.
I never find myself needing more than just the Milaana. If I had to sell every single vape I had, I would not in the least bit think I was missing out. Milaana does it all. Plus it conserves herb very well and flavor is superb.

I'm sure the Mighty is easier and probably a little smoother due to the extended vapor path.

AJS

Calm Consistency
They are all top shelf vapes so there really isn't a bad choice among them.
Yeah what he said. No matter what you get, you're getting a top of the line vape. As long as you spend a week getting to know your unit, you'll love it and will be significantly more satisfied than the MFLB or combusting.

One thing to note with on-demand vapes is you can use it as a session to "get there", then pack up a new one and take 1 hit every 10-30 minutes or whatever to keep yourself there. It's nice when you want a steady high instead of up down up down up down. Just another point to consider :). And dosing is easier because you don't feel compelled to finish the entire bowl.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
From what I understand you're recommending the mighty, right?

Weelll, not exactly. It's hard for me to say one way or another without knowing more about the situation

Which one do you personally prefer and use more, and why? Which one do you enjoy more?

Well I used a friend's Milaana for about a month and it was "fun" to play with, but meh, I gave it back. No need to buy my own. The Mighty was too big for my portable needs, so I ended up buying a Crafty instead.

As I mentioned I've owned a MFLB for 5 years, and that also requires a certain level of "skill" to use, so I am confident this won't be an issue with the Milaana, but I am still wondering if I'll enjoy using the Mighty more just because it's effortless.

What's your take on the fact that the Mighty is a session vape with a 90 second heat up time? Do you find that it's a major annoyance and you get a lot more use of the Milaana because you can pick up,vape and put it down whenever you want, or is it not a big deal at all?

Didn't see you had a MFLB, then you'll be more comfortable with the Milaana in that regard.

As far as a session vape goes, a session is typical a long 5-10 minute experience (sometimes longer if you do more temperature steps). The Mighty has awesome battery life and a smooth cooling unit. It's a very enjoyable session vape. But you need to commit to that 90 second heatup time. Other vapes like the Milaana are great for a quick hit it and quit it kinda sesh.

I found the MFLB a bit of an annoyance to use. I'd have to stir it every time, and holding the battery in to apply the heat is a little uncomfortable, this is why I'm leaning towards the mighty, you just switch it on, wait and enjoy, no mess, no fuss.

Ah, so you hate "riding the waves" of heat?? Well then it sounds to me like the Milaana is TOO similar to your MFLB. Instead of jamming the battery into the vape, you're pressing a button to activate the heater. It's great and all, but too identical to what you got right now in terms of performance.

Honestly, after hearing more about your situation, I'd say the Mighty does sound like the way to go. Just keep your MFLB around so you have a good change of pace from time to time!

Teabag

Weelll, not exactly. It's hard for me to say one way or another without knowing more about the situation

Well I used a friend's Milaana for about a month and it was "fun" to play with, but meh, I gave it back. No need to buy my own. The Mighty was too big for my portable needs, so I ended up buying a Crafty instead.

Didn't see you had a MFLB, then you'll be more comfortable with the Milaana in that regard.

As far as a session vape goes, a session is typical a long 5-10 minute experience (sometimes longer if you do more temperature steps). The Mighty has awesome battery life and a smooth cooling unit. It's a very enjoyable session vape. But you need to commit to that 90 second heatup time. Other vapes like the Milaana are great for a quick hit it and quit it kinda sesh.

Ah, so you hate "riding the waves" of heat?? Well then it sounds to me like the Milaana is TOO similar to your MFLB. Instead of jamming the battery into the vape, you're pressing a button to activate the heater. It's great and all, but too identical to what you got right now in terms of performance.

Honestly, after hearing more about your situation, I'd say the Mighty does sound like the way to go. Just keep your MFLB around so you have a good change of pace from time to time!

I'm buying this as a replacement for the MFLB. I'm moving to another country for a while and don't want to risk taking a used vape that smells of cannabis through customs.

I think I may have to go with the Milaana. The quick heat up times and the option of using it as a session as well as a multi-session vape have to outweigh the marginally easier to use Mighty.

I wish I could just try them both for a few days before making this decision :D

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I'm buying this as a replacement for the MFLB. I'm moving to another country for a while and don't want to risk taking a used vape that smells of cannabis through customs.

I think I may have to go with the Milaana. The quick heat up times and the option of using it as a session as well as a multi-session vape have to outweigh the marginally easier to use Mighty.

I do not own any of them but if you are moving out of the country me think you should consider reliability, mighty or crafty has not glass joint. I know people who gave up with milana due to glass replacement fees.

Andreaerdna,

Mr. Whitewall

Depends where you are travelling to. If its within the EU it should be fine with a good cleanup. In this regard either will do. If going abroad from the US or Internationally, you may wanna head to the specific threads:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapes-on-planes-traveling-with-vaporizers.239/

And some others that popped up recently:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/traveling-with-wax-pen-through-asia-safe.24398/
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...-davinci-iq-in-my-luggage-on-the-plane.24397/
I'd definately rule gas out (not allowed on planes) and check for battery restrictions (not allowed in suitcases going for the cargo compartment if I recall?).

As for choosing a specific model, if you like them both equally, I may say you have to find the worst limitation in each and rule them out that way?
You have to find the one you'd be the most comfortable with in your future setting(s).

Milaana does have a glass joint but it is recessed and is almost indestructible otherwise. I preferred it over others myself because its a completely opposite concept to 'industrial' portables, no disrespect to them, I own a few, they're very good in their category and have lots of supporters.
I'd stick with a Mighty if I went the S&B road though. A bit more power and autonomy, less things to break (app, better battery life, more stable for water filtration if it tickles your fancy).
If you're going away for a while I'd surely get some extra accessories though!

You may have to give us a few more details, if you want more clarity... I mean, if you want full replaceability/travelability you could get a Vaponic (convection) a glassy VapCap (conduction) and use them in one of Pipes' induction heaters? Cheapest solution, non-restricted power, both heating modes, battery powered box, you can buy a cheap torch at your destination for portable use too and when you fly back just mail or give away, keep the ind. charger...
Another options I may advise, if you haven't considered them yet, would be the MiniVap or the MistVapeTouch among the horde of portables? I don't have the latter but its quite popular as a convection device. The former has both modes, if you get a Teflon Core with the Decarboxilation Kit, heats up in 2 minutes flat with the Quick Core option and is both a desktop and a portable, can be purchased in either or both configurations and it has very low maintenance. Only downside is the size (in portable mode especially).

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Sounds like you made up your mind. I have the Milaana and its a very powerful portable. Kinda like a portable log vape. I don't have the Mighty so I can't comment on that. You do pay for the name brand. Many people really love their Mighty.

At least the Mi isn't as fiddly as using a butane lighter. Plenty folks don't mind the lighter. It just comes down to what YOU like.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Last edited:

little maggie

Someone mentioned the tubo. You might want to check it out in the unreleased portable section- although it is available. It is similar to the milaana in many ways. The main differences are that it's regulated so you can set the temp you want to vape at and you can easily go from on demand to session and set how long you want the session to last. Love my milaana but the tubo is a bit more advanced and a bit less expensive.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Just wanted to say comparison of MFLB to Mi isn't really a fair one. Mi is much easier to use and more intuitive, and layout with button is much easier/ergonomic/intuitive than pushing the battery in on MFLB. Of course much more power and better vaping experience (IMO), too.

One thing I didn't see mentioned above that may be beneficial based on what you're looking for is the benefit of quick on demand heating (and quicker cool down). You're only heating the load when button is being pushed. First heat on a fresh load (or cool Mi) is only about 5 seconds. Depending on how you like your vapor and a few other things, you'll probably "feather" the button a little on each hit. You can tell how fast it is cooling in use. Benefit here is that you can do half a load, just a hit or the whole load. If you don't finish it right then, just set it aside, pick it up later and hit the button for 5 seconds to start again.

Different people like different things in their vapes, but another few things I like about unregulated power that you control while hitting. Once you get a feel for it you can easily tailor your hits to what you want when you want it. You want a lighter, headier buzz because you have stuff to do? You don't take as many hits and lay back some on button feathering. You want to take it up a notch because getting ready to sit down for lunch, or getting closer to end of list of stuff to do? Just give it a little more heat and extend your hits. Beauty here is all you're doing is adjusting your button use, instead of having to change programmed temps or whatever else. In this way I guess it is a little more like an MFLB - but in a very good way. It's not hard at all to easily adjust on the go - and you're not roasting things at all while waiting for 90 second heat up time, or the time for the chamber to cool down. Button pushed - heat is on. Button released - cools right down. Very beneficial if you're hitting here and there throughout the day, and for me conserves a bit more because the load is going to give you about the same number of hits whether all in one 5 minute session or spread out over 5 - 6 hours.

Glass on Mi's hasn't been a problem for me. I try not to drop it, but mine have taken a few dives from up to chest height on my vinyl flooring (with wood underneath) in the kitchen with no issue. Falls to carpet no problem either. Have also had at least one drop to asphalt parking lot (without glass stem). No issue, but consider part of that luck. Glass stems - well, they're glass stems. Have only broken one 14mm myself, but 18mm (standard size) seem to hold up well to general abuse unless you drop on concrete or ceramic tile.

Batteries with Mi not too bad either. I usually get at least 5 or 6 full loads (and have gone as many as 8) on each charge. IMO a decent 2 batt digital charger is best and can be had for pretty cheap on Amazon or from better battery vendors. Digital has helped me while learning about them because it shows power level (voltage) when you put it on charger and tracks time to charge. Both pretty good pieces of info for not much more cost than chargers that aren't digital. If you have 3 or 4 batts, you can always be powered up while you're charging 2 at a time. Stick with a reputable battery dealer and use those batts often suggested in Mi thread here. My favorites right now are LG HG2 (brown wrap). I get them from IMR who I really like, but probably much better options over there.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

FYI, I was told by an S&B distributor that S&B are at a point past beta tests and there will soon be a Crafty 2 and Mighty2.

Besides that bit of information I own a Milaana and a Tubo and if I could keep only one, the Tubo would win hands down.

I expect that before long my Milaana will be on the classifieds.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@Teabag .... Not sure if you've seen, but another reason to consider the Mi if you're buying soon. 25% off sale this weekend (until Monday)! Sale code is FCdad. Think that would put them at best price in quite some time, and probably for some time to come. More info in Mi thread here.

flotntoke,
Reactions: Cl4ud3
Top Bottom