Help Me Chose Between These Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

webMistress

Hi all. First time poster, been lurking for a few weeks.

I'm a new medical card holder in Denver. I used to smoke back in the day, but gave it up. Recent health problems & exhausting my pharmaceutical options have led me to the wonder drug that is mmj.

I would like to start vaporizing. I'm currently using edibles but mostly smoking. I haven't liked edibles like I thought I would - still experimenting but I find that I get more of a high feeling than I would like if I eat enough to medicate properly. I need to keep myself medicated but don't particularly enjoy being very high. Anyway, I digress...

Unfortunately, I live in a non-smoking apartment. So smell is a huge factor. My current routine is to take 2-3 hits in the evening, 2-3 more right before bed. Hubby usually hits once or twice. I've been sticking to very low dose of edibles during the day just to take the edge off.

For the 1st week I was smoking in the living room of my apt next to an open window with incense burning. Everyone got a "someone reported a smoke smell, knock it off" letter on their door. So I've been hiding in the bathroom, door shut, exhaust fan running.

So from lurking here I see a lot of factors go into smell (big vs little clouds, strain of mmj, etc.) but can you all offer opinions on the following vapes as far as smell? That's my most important criteria. Temp control is also really important as I want to make sure to get lots of CBDs. I have asthma so draw resistance is also a factor. Other than that, portable would be nice but it's not a big deal, I don't plan on vaping outside the house. Under $200 would be nice but seems like most are more.

I've narrowed it down to:

1. LSV (this is my top pick & the price is right)
2. Solo ( I heard this has a big draw resistance though?)
3. Davinci ascent
4. DBV
5. Pax

Open to suggestions as well. I'm a little overwhelmed right now. Thanks!

Edited to add that my front door opens to the closed in hallway. Basically you enter he building then your apartment, if that makes sense. So I need to be sure smell doesn't leak into hallway, & vaping on the patio would be even riskier.

Last edited:
webMistress,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
It sounds like a log (Underdog/E-nano/Hi) would be perfect for you guys.

Easy/quick loading of stem and available 24/7 for a single or multiple hits if needed. My Underdog has very little draw resisance. Perfect to take a few hits from and come back to for another quick one later one. No waiting. Super efficient. Produces beautiful clouds.

A bonus, they blend into the background quite well. No need to worry about a neighbor spotting it and being too curious.

Logs have completely converted me to vaping so I always suggest one to newbies. If you feel the need for huge(r) clouds and large bowls, you can always go that route later.

As far as smell, as long as you have the (front/hallway) door closed, it should be fine. Most likely, the ground up herb will produce more smell than the exhaled vapor. Use the bedroom for extra precaution, but probably not needed.

Welcome to FC!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
+1 vote for the Solo. The resistance is a good thing once the holder learns not to fight it. It meters the flow of air so the oven/heater doesn't suffer extreme heat loss and can keep up with your sessions. That is why you'll read many not liking the Turbo stems available for the Solo.

Suggest getting a Solo, then the PVHES Gong (can absolutely be used in place of the standard stems). This way you get a ~30% improved flow of air that can also be used to mate directly with various water tools.....

A definite formula for Win-Win! :tup:

Caligula

Maximus
http://smokebuddy.com/ theres also a thread on here somewhere on how to make your own

Also I agree with above. Solo if you jeed portability. EpicVape E-Nano if you dont mind a cord.

Also lol at having this issue in CO of all places.

Last edited:

webMistress

@Caligula I know right? I moved here a year ago from super uptight SC & was shocked at the amount of dispensaries here. I think it should go without saying that in any apt community, 70-80% of the adult residents are going to toke @ least occasionally. I hardly ever see tobacco smokers though.

webMistress,
Reactions: Caligula

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
@webMistress I recommend that you burn wax/soy melts in a warmer-there is not much of an odor with a VAPE (no smoke ) and it just makes the room smell good! I do have a new Solo (my 2nd) and NO restricted airflow! I also recommend you check out You Tube- there are videos on vapes and by VAPE critics!
Good luck and Welcome!

Maine420,
Reactions: Ansel

Caligula

Maximus
I agree. Vapor is NOT smoke. It doesnt smell as pungent (its akin to raw herb smell) and it doesn't stick to things like smoke does (dissipates quickly).

Simply "hot boxing" your apartment should be sufficient as long as you dont crack a window for a while after you're done however the addition of incense and/or aromatherapy candles will make your life a lot easier.

Alternatively you can buy or make a smokebuddy like I linked above. That will remove ANY vapor smell if you exhale through it and you dont need to cover anything up.

Welcome to the new age!

EveryDayAmnesiac

Smokebuddy and beeswax candles!

I'd avoid the DaVinci Ascent and the Pax. They'll stink the place up.

If I were in your situation, I'd use an E-Nano or UD next to that open window and use a SmokeBuddy just to be safe. Avoid vents. Fan blowing out the window if it's warm enough.

Vapor is not smoke, but it can still stink a place up bad for a little while. I'd error on the side of caution in this case. You certainly don't want to be kicked out. :ugh:

Last edited:

webMistress

Okay, I think I'm 95% sold on the Solo. I really like the LSV but the Solo is cheaper & has more fans obviously.

I've seen people mention FC discounts in various threads. I can't seem to find where these are listed though. Can someone point me in the right direction?

webMistress,

Wizsteve

check out the
Silver Surfer Vaporizer
and firefly (over priced but nice )
personally i wouldn't buy anything without trying them out first if i had a choice since it's legal there you should be able too do just that.check out places near you smoke shops and herb selling places.

since it's legal and you are also a med card holder there as long as your not smoking but vaping instead you should be ok.
cig smoke damage will be the main reason it's non smoking ,vaping is not smoking no tar will be left

my personal choice is the pax but i like using more herb at a time and it gives me big hits i like, coming from smoking it as just what i needed.

for as the smell i would buy a few air purifiers and a ozone generator you can get cheap ones off ebay or goodwill will have some.
are you planning on growing there? smell will be your only issue

Wizsteve,

webMistress

@Wizsteve I considered the SSV too but the LSV was less expensive. How is the SSV as far as smell.

I can't try them in the store, it's legal here but not in public. Also, my lease specifically states smoking & vaping is prohibited, so I need to be really careful with smell.

webMistress,
Reactions: Caligula

Grim Chiclets

@Wizsteve I considered the SSV too but the LSV was less expensive. How is the SSV as far as smell.

I can't try them in the store, it's legal here but not in public. Also, my lease specifically states smoking & vaping is prohibited, so I need to be really careful with smell.
If you can crack a window and just blow in its general direction you should be good, I do that with my Pinnacle Pro; which many people say is very stinky compared to most vapes. In a week or less I'll be doing it with a DBV, nobody in my house ever smells it :tup:

natural farmer

I wonder why nobody mentioned the Lotus or the Firefly as they are both perfect for hitting and quitting scenarios and don't produce any vapor (smell) when not hitting them. I have been visiting an Eco-community under development these last days and I need to stay as stealth and odourless as possible. I doubt the Solo could cut it... The Lotus is perfect though. The Firefly would be even better but I haven't received it yet.
I really believe you need a heat-on-demand unit. Logs are nice but you are bound to an outlet... Get a lotus for cheap or a Firefly if you can afford some more for the added silence electricity offers... ;)

webMistress

So I'm leaning towards the LSV again. Vapor Nation has a coupon code that brings the price to $156.

I really like the Firefly @natural farmer but it's too spendy. I may pick one up later if I need portability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom