Help me choose on new on demand vape Australia

4tokin

For the shed a silver surfer might be the best bet . If the budget allows go the sublimator.

I find logs lacking as a daily user.

In my mind Vapcaps are a niche vape, that may or may not suit your situation.

If you want a butane powered vape look at the vapor genie.

4tokin,
Reactions: Krahl

little maggie

I strongly recommend the tubo. You can find it in the unreleased portable section even though it is actually released. It comes with a whip, as well as a glass stem and is very powerful. Heats in less than a minute. If you read through the thread on it you'll see how many of us love it. It's on demand but does use batteries.
I don't know about shipping to Australia. It's shipped from England.

little maggie,
Reactions: Krahl

MoltenTiger

I'm up north if you ever want a Grasshopper demo

Nice sell job on the GH @MoltenTiger :). Makes me want one for no reason at all :lol:
I'm not the one selling the things :) though I targeted your comment because I reckon you'd love one, but mainly I was just trying to clarify that the word on the street doesn't match my experience, or that of my two mates also with hoppers. People who solely rely on the GH and have them stop working are notoriously disgruntled, and it's even worse when a returned device fails sooner rather than later. I haven't had either happen to me, so it's overall been pretty cruisy. And I can say that regardless, the problems always get resolved (the company has a 100% track record for warranties). The main reason complaints crop up is because when it works it's like a dream and in its absence everything else is frustrating and combersome and ultimately complainers still want the hopper, but they know that it's not a buy once keep forever deal and they've already been stung (exacerbated by their initial reactions/situation).

My take on it is, if you can deal with the above and love vapour bongs then it's a great option. Near instant and complete extraction from a few tokes of 0.15g, massive clouds, rapid onset and awesome flavour. It ticks a lot of boxes, just not the durability or longevity ones, but with a lifetime warranty, cheap post from Aus and a back-up, I'm loving it and believe most would. I also only just got mine back so I'm freshly reminded of how good they can be after some weeks away with the EQ. I know you love your EQ too, I'd never actually sell mine tbh, but I'm telling you the GH bests it in some pretty meaningful ways. But definitely not on the durability DIY fix front! And I've said before that if Arizer had the same policies as HL, I would actually send it back for a heater realignment (especially if it was only 15.65 or whatver the hopper was). Service periods have kept my hoppers like new for the majority of my use of them, which isn't exactly a bad thing

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I definitely think a well designed vaporizer can still have flaws. The Vapcap is a fantastic vaporizer, it definitely has flaws to me though, such as requiring a certain amount of physical dexterity which makes it unusable by a certain demographic of patients. I recently got tennis elbow which makes my vapcap quite difficult to use, whereas I was not limited before. Thus I see these flaws based on individual personal perspectives, where we must search for what fits our unique preferences the best. What is a flaw for me may not be a flaw for you. I think the flaws tend to be subjective as we all weigh in differently on various attributes, and that's alright.

Personally, a vaporizer with which you don't know if the temperature will vaporize is a flaw to me. Inventors have a lot of ideas in their mind, I've designed many products myself, unfortunately things don't always work out as well in real life as they do in our heads. There is such a thing as a bad design too, which can be hard to admit but it happens.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That is the vapcap personality not a flaw. The vapcap won't be for everyone just like any other vape.

To me a flaw with a vape is an unwanted side-effect of design that interferes with anyone that tries to use it. For example, using the grasshopper naked will burn your lips no matter what your opinion is regarding flaws.

For a man like me who is normally coordinated the vapcap has no use flaws. I think your point on people with disabilities having difficulty with the vapcap is not a flaw with the vapcap. It is because a person with certain difficulties will have trouble using a vapcap as it is designed. I am sure it was designed for people that have the ability to use it.

The Vapman is a fantastic vape with no temperature setting and there are thousands of people would say this is not a flaw the Vapman. The reason for this is the Vapman performs exactly as expected for those that use it and they are able to get consistent repeatable results. Nothing gets in the way of enjoying vapor with a Vapman there for the fact that it has no temperature is not a flaw but a feature of the vape.

My grasshopper never burnt my lips ever so I'm sticking with my opinion that flaws are subjective.

Also look at pipes Induction heater and all the interest in electric heating of the Vapcap. Clearly many see something there beyond using it the way it was designed. I think those users would call it a flaw. I don't really see how a vape which could easily combust could be celebrated as a feature. The Vapcap could easily not have the click, I don't think it would have made the product better, even if George designed it that way.

MoltenTiger

using the grasshopper naked will burn your lips no matter what your opinion is regarding flaws
My opinion on flaws is that they are a mark or blemish that spoils an object, I can hit the GH naked, PFE SS or Ti though I prefer the normal front-end. Never was a fan of silicone, haven't been burnt yet.
Smokers love the GH naked :brow:
I do prefer it through water, but what you are talking about is a deal breaker, not a flaw

It is because a person with certain difficulties will have trouble using a ****** as it is designed

I am sure it was designed for people that have the ability to use it.
:p

grokit

well-worn member
A sticky brick and a good pastry torch turned low would be the most bang for the on demand buck.

A vapcap with a small double jet flame lighter would be better for portability & microdosing.

Ssv is great; it needs an outlet, but it's always ready & rock solid reliable.

I'm hoping the 3rd time's the charm with my grasshopper.

Holy shit look at that supreme go :science: !

:sherlock:

Last edited:

little maggie

I never could get the vapman to work. But even though I'm pretty uncoordinated I never had problems with the vapcaps. I know some people have refined their use with spinning or whatever but it really is easy to use. I'm not sure what disabilities get in the way of that.
There is a value to butane in terms of portability but I find that I have to refill my lighter as often as changing batteries on my on-demand vapes: milaana, tubo and mvt. The software on the tubo continues to be upgraded and can be set for temperature, timing etc which makes it a very personal vape. I also like being able to choose my color whip and vape.

One thing to consider if you want portability with a vape that uses an 18mm stem is Ddave's new portable pouch. You can fill the stems in it and so carry around extra "doses"?

little maggie,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Just an update, I decided on a tubo evic and an underdog red gum :), Thanks for all your advice everyone

Couple of real good choices right there as @little maggie said you will love them. Power/batteries are easily accessible & the UD nylon stems are unbreakable with normal usage. One suggestion is to buy 2 packs of screens for each of your 4 stem selections. With daily use you will get 2-3 years of lifespan before having to order replacements. Just clean them with a torch lighter & they will last the distance.

Stevenski,

Krahl

Hi, I was about to buy an underdog (literally paying on paypay)when my wife asked is the vapor hot without water, as she will not use water, and from what underdogette has told me it is. My wife uses a volcano and has tried a dbv before and could handle that, just.
My question is it warmer than a whip like ssv or dbv, or is a whip style more suitable for someone not keen on bong or water and hot vapor, whats the vapor quality like ?

Cheers

Krahl,

little maggie

I'm with your wife. I've always used water because I don't like coughing and I am pretty sensitive. Years ago I stopped smoking cigarettes and "herbs" because of this. Even vaping without water has been a problem.
The vapcap is the first portable that I've been able to use without water. I haven' tried the ones your wife uses but I have discovered that whips make a major difference. The vapor brothers and arizer eq have been my first non water vaporizers and both use whips. I need water with all the logs I have and I have all the US made ones.
The tubo comes with an attractive whip and can be used with or without it. I always use it with the whip and also use the tubo whip/glass set up now with all my vapes that use an 18mm stem.

I haven't tried this with my underdog but I think there is a way to use it with a whip. Alan (toasty-top/HI) makes adapters that will work with other logs and I just got a whip from him as well. There is a long waiting list to get one of his vapes but I think you can go ahead and get the UD and tell Alan what you want and he will make an adapter/whip combo for the UD. There is also the nylon stem that is an option with the UD. It's very thin, good for microdosing and a whip fits over the end. Just tried it and not the tubo one but the one I got from Alan does work. Possibly a whip that you already have will work.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Whips get dirty & smelly. A really nice way to vape with the UD (or any log vape) is to use a J hook. J hooks are cheap & can be sourced from at least two Aussie vendors in 14 & 18mm for about $10 each. Easy to clean, a much longer air path than a stem & plenty of flavour. You can also combine one with an ash catcher to make a small bubbler.

1abt55U.jpg

vp4Tvgh.jpg

Krahl

That looks like an awesome idea, what adapter do I need

Last edited:
Krahl,

Krahl

So someone suggested a vapexhale cloud evo with water, isn't an underdog virtually the same if I add water but half the price nearly and use way less medication but have to pack more often I presume which doesn't matter to me ?

Krahl,
Top Bottom