Help me choose on new on demand vape Australia

Krahl

Howdy. Long time follower and my first post.
My situation is that of an evening I am relegated to the shed for a vape and now it's getting winter I need something that heats up fast and I can hit quickly and go back to warmth. Any suggestions would be great.
I have been thinking something whip style.
I own a volcano digit but it's always off when I go to the shed. I also have a boundless cfx but it not enjoyable being a 10 Min hard slog to get anywhere with that.
I would like a plenty but not sure of heat up time and it uses a lot and the 2 different onesI tried taste like plastic. I am also interested in a ssv but they look a hassle to use. And lastly maybe something like an underlog if I can get one in Australia.

Thanks for any input
Krahl

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Underdog takes a while to heat up is what I hear. It takes awhile for a log vape like the Enano to heat up. More than five minutes. The Woodscents heats up within 5 min. A log vape is not an On Demand vaporizer. I usually keep my Enano on all the time. I turn my Woodscents on when I want to use it.

What about the Milaana? It's a portable and is made of wood. It uses batteries. It's on demand. It unregulated so your draw depends on how hot it gets. It reminds me of a portable log vape and it's an on demand vape. Its a heavy hitter too.

Oh by the way, welcome to FC @Krahl
Edit
The VapCap is an excellent idea that @invertedisdead had below, you can buy one very cheap like $50. Many folks love it. You use a jet lighter.

Last edited:

Krahl

Thanks. I probably worded on demand incorrectly. By on demand I mean something that can be left on and ready to go. Will look at milaana, as I prefer power or battery. . Is the vapcap smooth, reminds me of hash pipe and they are hot and horrible.

Krahl,

subway13029

I am relegated to vape shed too..we are shed brothers and I share your same concerns..gap cap is good...I would say the mighty is good option but for quick big hits i utilize the grasshopper..super quick and big a hits thru water..you could also go evo or minivap...or underdog..which is log vape as well..can be left on all day but I'm still skittish about leaving hot item on inside my hot shed all day, so I just click it on when I get off work and it's ready all night for me and click off before bed..

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks. I probably worded on demand incorrectly. By on demand I mean something that can be left on and ready to go. Will look at milaana, as I prefer power or battery. . Is the vapcap smooth, reminds me of hash pipe and they are hot and horrible.

No battery powered device is going to really be something that can be left on. That's where your Volcano Digit comes into play. When the Volcano was my daily driver I had it on about 18 hours a day.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Poostuff

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
A log vape can be left on 24/7. The Woodscents has a pretty heavy duty heater so you could turn it down. The WS heats up really fast. I also take the stem out between draws. I don't always do that with the Enano. That saves on cannabis while using the WS. I use less product using the WS.

Poostuff

Please delete
It sounds like you're looking for a butane powered vape, most battery powered ones are session vapes & will take 5 - 10 minutes for a session.

In my opinion you can't go wrong with the Lotus for on demand. You'll get delivery in about 8 days to Aus so you won't be waiting long.

It's taken me a few years of buying vaporisers to realise session vapes just aren't for me.
I like to take one or two hits then dump the load & just sit back or walk away.
For me the Sub & the Lotus are perfect for this sort of vaping.
The fastest battery powered vape I've used is the Grasshopper but I'd recommend reading up on the thread here before buying one.

Krahl

I think I have a lot to read up on now. I also think poostuff might be right in what I am looking for. The supreme3 looks amazing

Krahl

I have found sticky brick vaporizer in Australia and am interested. Just more reading and comparing now

Krahl

I will end up combustion with something like that is my worry. And after giving up all combustion for 50 days today I really don't want to risk smoke. And to be honest looks a hassle to use. . But I guess it must not be to bad seeing these style seems so popular

Krahl

By vap3 do you mean Vapolution 3, thats all that I can find when I search vap3

Krahl,

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Cool. Found them for sale in Australia
Sweet, I hope you enjoy it.
Don't know if you do concentrates they have a dab bowl.
Works ok i still prefer my enail.
Nice not to have to grind herb just stuff nugs in the stem. No need to destroy all that awesomeness.
The heater sleave is only 5$ comes with an extra so if your clumsy order an extra.
And i wish i would have ordered a wonder bowl for dry hits u should check it out.
Good luck

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It sounds like you want something more of a one and done style and not a session vape.

I use my Vapcap for that stuffed in a big bong. I also have an Arizer, a Volcano, and a wax pen. The Vapcap and wax pen are my fastest. Nothing is faster and easier than a concentrate pen. My Vapcap is basically my backup for when I run out of concentrates, or if I want to vape kief or bubble or something else.

The Vapcap has a click to let you know when you reach temperature so it's pretty easy to avoid combustion, though it is possible being a manual device if you miss the click.

My Volcano and Air don't get much use anymore, these session vapes are very chill to use but take up a lot of time. The Volcano takes up a lot of space and has a lot of parts which is kind of annoying.

Grasshopper has allegedly made some improvements in their reliability, 5 second heat up is pretty tempting.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
As a fellow Aussie @Krahl there are a couple of solutions I would propose. You need a reliable, durable vape that gets you where you want to go quickly.

A VapCap Ti XL is a perfect device for your usage pattern or a VonG if you like to hit the bong. Small & discreet it is perfect for a quickie. A VapCap with a spare pack of screens, O rings & trip torch will set you back around $110 US. Doing that will set you up for a long time to come.

A durable log vape like the Wood Scents or Underdog is perfect if you like to turn it on when you get home & have it ready whenever you are. I like to turn mine on when I get home & switch it off before I go to bed. The Wood Scent is compatible with Ti VapCaps so there is also that bonus. Underdog also make near indestructible stems & being 12v compatible means you can get a PS locally & that is where a log most likely fails.

I would avoid the Grasshopper at all costs as the cost of likely RMA's shipping will be more than the unit. Vap3 as parts are too hard to get in Oz & freight is a killer. It is a different world for us down here with accessibility.

Logs & VapCaps are great for replicating bong rips

MoltenTiger

I would avoid the Grasshopper at all costs as the cost of likely RMA's shipping will be more than the unit.
It costs 15 bucks to send it back from Tassie (it got to Colorado within the week too) though I have had to send it back twice over the last 14 months. Each time takes 2-4 weeks all up, or less if you pay for faster shipping from the states, which is expensive (standard is free). Having a couple of RMAs has meant free shipping on batteries and accessories too, so the money I've spent I've also saved in a way.
Having a back-up to use for a few weeks might be a pain for a newcomer who is buying their first vape, but it's not really a deal breaker for me. I would sell my EQ, instead I just lend it to people and claim it back if I find myself vapeless. (Just the once so far with two hoppers).
I think a lot here could cope more than easily and still hugely benefit from owning the GH (seeing as VAS has claimed so many, back-ups are a perk not a hassle).

I personally think these things get too hard a wrap online, I absolutely love mine and I think it's worth pointing out that many have replaced their log vapes, VapeXhale EVOs and other units with a hopper. Plenty still use the more durable, massive desktops, but these pens are the real deal when they're working and they are easy as to get serviced when they're not.

For a bong smoker, mainly one that travels a bit, they're one of the best devices by far.
A self proclaimed vaporist opposed to vaping through water will have a harder time liking it, but some only use it direct and love it. It has a unique signature.

BUT absolutely, buyers should be aware that these are not durable and can easily be broken, or might just seemingly randomly stop working. However it doesn't cost a lot of time, effort or money to get back to instant power hits, at least in my experience and most others with one.
It's also something I don't like going without, and there's not really a better option. Maybe a Milaana.

If returning a faulty device is strictly off the cards, so is the hopper. If potential, some say inevitable, faults and up to a month downtime is sounding alarms then stay away. But if you can tolerate it, it should be worthwhile. I have no buyers remorse although it hasn't exactly been the smoothest sailing. The highs make up the lows by far.

I don't think it's the be all and end all of vapes, but for use cases like OP's (and mine), it really fits the bill.

Also @Stevenski my mate has that same Chat Noir poster (at least his isn't framed). Cool! I've looked at that with red eyes a lot, but what even is it?

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

I would really prefer Electric, but What about sticky brick. I have noticed them for sale in Australia.
I was heading in the direction Stevenski reccomends and will most likely go a vapcap uni carbon and an underdog
The Stickybrick is a pretty good option, I've never used one, but they're a solid butane vape. Very popular and a great company.

My choice for butane vape goes to the Supreme V3 as it is the most powerful, I'm thinking about picking one up.
The VapCap is also a great option, though they're not overly powerful (I was told they work about 80% of what the GH does (that's still quite powerful)).
They will be ample, but there are better ways to vape IMO. Such a fantastic design though, worth owning and I should probably get one myself too.

All of these are awesome selections for when the powers out. Click on-click off power consistency is how I'm happily using my daily driver though, and with a portable batterybank and charger I can be remote without a hassle for a good week.

You north or south?

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
It costs 15 bucks to send it back from Tassie (it got to Colorado within the week too) though I have had to send it back twice over the last 14 months. Each time takes 2-4 weeks all up, or less if you pay for faster shipping from the states, which is expensive (standard is free). Having a couple of RMAs has meant free shipping on batteries and accessories too, so the money I've spent I've also saved in a way.
Having a back-up to use for a few weeks might be a pain for a newcomer who is buying their first vape, but it's not really a deal breaker for me. I would sell my EQ, instead I just lend it to people and claim it back if I find myself vapeless.
I think a lot here could cope more than easily and still hugely benefit from owning the GH (seeing as VAS has claimed so many, back-ups are a perk not a hassle).

I personally think these things get too hard a wrap online, I absolutely love mine and I think it's worth pointing out that many have replaced their log vapes, VapeXhale EVOs and other units with a hopper. Plenty still use the more durable, massive desktops, but these pens are the real deal when they're working and they are easy as to get serviced when they're not.

For a bong smoker, mainly one that travels a bit, they're one of the best devices by far.
A self proclaimed vaporist opposed to vaping through water will have a harder time liking it, but some only use it direct and love it. It has a unique signature.

BUT absolutely, buyers should be aware that these are not durable and can easily be broken, or might just seemingly randomly stop working. However it doesn't cost a lot of time, effort or money to get back to instant power hits, at least in my experience and most others with one.
It's also something I don't like going without, and there's not really a better option. Maybe a Milaana.

If returning a faulty device is strictly off the cards, so is the hopper. If potential, some say inevitable, faults and up to a month downtime is sounding alarms then stay away. But if you can tolerate it, it should be worthwhile. I have no buyers remorse although it hasn't exactly been the smoothest sailing. The highs make up the lows by far.

I don't think it's the be all and end all of vapes, but for use cases like OP's (and mine), it really fits the bill.

Also @Stevenski my mate has that same Chat Noir poster (at least his isn't framed). Cool! I've looked at that with red eyes a lot, but what even is it?

Nice sell job on the GH @MoltenTiger :). Makes me want one for no reason at all :lol:. You are right though. It is the kind of vape that is a 2nd or 3rd vape so if it does need an RMA it does not affect vaping. The effortless simplicity of a log vape gets me every time.

I would really prefer Electric, but What about sticky brick. I have noticed them for sale in Australia.
I was heading in the direction Stevenski reccomends and will most likely go a vapcap uni carbon and an underdog

Sticky Brick looks awesome & is on my list of vapes I want. If you like hitting a vape dry a SBJ is perfect, just get spare glass & O rings. Most of my vaping is through water so the logs are workhorses for me. Good luck with your search, anything like a VC, SB or 12v log will serve you well. Butane is a great heat source.

Top Bottom