Help Finding Cartomizer-Like Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
So as the title suggests I am looking for something with a cartomizer. Preferably on the smaller side.

I'm currently happy with my o pen vape and refilling that but won't lie that I'd be happier with a larger cloud of smoke instead of taking repeat hits.

I of course want it with a cartomizer-esque setup because I carry it in my pocket and tend to mistreat it. Not by banging it but by not caring which position it's in and that might have some relevance to the oils. So it needs to be a covered tank, that's what I mean by cartomizer-like, not that it needs an atomizer.

I saw the G-Pen Game version for 45 dollars on Craiglist around my parts and researched it before realizing it didn't have a covered tank/cartomizer and my oil would spill. Plus I think it was meant for dabbing mainly.

So for comparison here's the size I'm currently happy with. Not my hand.

openvapeLARGE2.jpg

It gets me medicated with two or three hits and is super stealthy. Which is primarily my concern. I'm a medical marijuana patient but my family wants me to stop. I figure out of sight out of mind, so they'll leave me alone. They aren't too pushy about it now that I started vaping with the o pen and they know what it is but don't seem to catch me even when I'm around them. It's that stealthy.

So basically I just want these features on a vape that does weed oil. Preferably not watered down PG stuff.

Price: Max 150 with all the bells and whistles. Preferably in the 60 dollar range. I paid 25 for my current system.

Size: Small/Small-Medium

Required Feature: Covered/Sealed Tank.

Your help is greatly appreciated. I will look at all options and am in no rush to buy but would like the upgrade. I'm kinda new to vaping (~4 mo) please be descriptive about the cloud of smoke that the pen produces. That is my main reason for upgrading. :D

thisperson,

thisperson

So after some searching I decided to go with the Ego C Twist Variable Voltage 1100mAh and a Mini Protank v3. The tank has a dual coil system that is bound to deliver plenty of smoke.

I guess I was in more of a rush than I thought.

I ended up paying 22 dollars total shipped (with a charger for the ego) and I'm hopeful. I think I'll be extremely pleased but it's too early to tell.

Edit: Also during my research I discovered that they are called clearomizers not cartomizers. Sorry if that caused some confusion.

I learned something new again today.

Last edited:
thisperson,

Hoosier

So after some searching I decided to go with the Ego C Twist Variable Voltage 1100mAh and a Mini Protank v3. The tank has a dual coil system that is bound to deliver plenty of smoke.

I guess I was in more of a rush than I thought.

I ended up paying 22 dollars total shipped (with a charger for the ego) and I'm hopeful. I think I'll be extremely pleased but it's too early to tell.

Edit: Also during my research I discovered that they are called clearomizers not cartomizers. Sorry if that caused some confusion.

I learned something new again today.
I could be wrong, but I don't think your mini protank 3 is going to be able to handle pure oil. I use one, but with a 2-1 oil/ej mix (liquidizer peg blend).

Hoosier,

thisperson

I knew there was a risk but took the plunge at 20 some dollars.

I have the open and it comes with only peg oil and I refilled it with pure honey oil a few times just fine. This one is pretty much the same setup with a bottom wick, I think. I could not find o pen specs to know exactly what to search for. But back to the honey oil.

Only two times did I have flow problems doing this. Once the wick could not soak rapidly and I would have to wait for it to soak the wick before taking a hit.

Another time I put homemade that had not been coffee filtered and it had kief stuff which clogged one of my cartridges.

If I have to I don't mind watering it down by one tenth part peg. I don't want to do over twenty, but to be honest I think I will be fine.

I will find out this saturday after it gets here and I load it with some liquid gold. Not the thickest stuff but my default pickup.

At worst I have a peg oil tank that was pretty cheap.

I figure I can reuse the battery with a different tank if this one does not work out.

I was looking at the mt3s tank and it looks nice and solid but is made by the same company who made the protank mini and if the mini does not work neither will the mt3s I think.

Help finding an oil tank for the ego c twist would be helpful.

All I have got so far is that it needs to reach four hundred degrees or so to vaporize but I can't find carts based on temp rating.

If you have a tank that does oils with a 510 thread please let me know.

I think I should go find out what wickless is now.

thisperson,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
The Pro Tank is an e-cig juice tank. Clearomizers and such - It is meant for PG or VG liquids not hash oils.

I sent you a PM with info on different types of tanks designed for BHO. Did you check out any of that information?

SamuraiSam,

thisperson

Yeah but I am still convinced the e cig will work for my oil. It is oil and not wax or hash.

Guess I will know once I try it out.

I will let you guys know how it goes with honey oil from organna labs in case someone thinks of trying the same thing.

I picked up two half grams from organna labs to prepare for the arrival of my pen. It is the thickest stuff I can find so that will let me know right off the bat if I will have trouble.

But I am pretty sure this can do liquid gold and pure gold without any changes.

I mean it is not like I can not up the variable voltage for more power for oils. Or at least that is what I had thought.

While I appreciate your rec I just didn't find it too appealing.

I really want something I can hold and easily cover with my hand/forearm at an angle for privacy.

I did check out your recs and while the Omicron Ti lite was what I was looking for it is just an ego battery with titanium 2 wires and a ceramic wick. Maybe if this one I ordered fails I will try a ceramic wick cartridge but again I don't see why the ego plus protank would not work.

I checked out the original omicron and tge pictures lead me to believe it was clearomizer less. Although I did read about a kiss cartridge so maybe that is the name of the stuff I need.

thisperson,

thisperson

So after some searching I finally found some wickless clearomizers that have the fluid entrance at the very bottom of the airflow tube, and not at the middle.

In case anyone else is interested, since these were so hard to find for me: http://www.ebay.com/itm/17121715063...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

$_57.JPG

The ebay listing says they are CE6, but I've looked at the CE6 and they don't come with the coil positioned like this one.

I think it also says they are Dual Coil Tanks. I ordered one to try it out and got the last black one to match my ego. I also messaged the seller asking if the coil was replaceable.

While I didn't see confirmation, I'm assuming that because it's wickless and shares the same style material at the openings as the other ones, that it is a screen mesh bowl.

I'll let you guys know how this ecig vapes once I've tried it out. The first two pieces get here Saturday I'm told.

This is probably laughable to everyone with their PAX, Solo, Mech Mod, etc. But I am fairly new to vaping and my prior tool for vaping was a pen sized e cig. So this is an upgrade for me as I explore this new world.

Tanks are so cheap that I wouldn't mind building a small collection.

Also, anyone know what's a step up in batteries? Not a large unit but about the same size that produces more wattage. I'm worried that the 4.8 volts with the unknown resistance Protank Mini 3 won't be enough watts to power the dual coils. Although I've seen another person use this setup just fine with e juice on youtube. But still I want to check all my bases.

I don't think I've ever been more excited over a 20 dollar purchase. The anticipation is killing me. Going to vape now.

thisperson,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom