Help choosing a desktop concentrate vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I am thinking about putting my torch on the shelf and getting a desktop vape just for concentrates (Being able to use as a backup flower vape would also be a bonus). I have been researching the Cloud EVO, Herbalizer, VB 2, and the SSV, but I'm having a hard time narrowing down my choices.

I like the Cloud Evo because it will be an upgrade over my current ticker Cloud but from my research it seems you have to use a hydrotube if you want to use the VXN (I don't particularly like using the HT's so this is a drawback for me personally).

I like everything about the Herbalizer except for the price, but if it performs that much better than other options I'm sure I can be convinced.

The VB2 looks nice as well but once again the price is high and not having the ability to use with flower in a pinch is a personal drawback as well.

I have owned a LSV and I own a VIP 1.3 so the SSV with oil kit seems very appealing because I know it comes from a reliable company and has a loyal following. The price is also the best of the vaporizers i'm considering and the ability to use with flower is a bonus.

So I guess my questions are,

Has anyone used the SSV oil setup as well as any others of the options mentioned? If so, can you compare the experience of using concentrates between the two?

For those who have any experience with two or more of the vapes I mentioned, can you tell me which you prefer and why.

Also, any advice anyone can give or even just your opinion on the subject would be more than appreciated. Thanks for the help and tasty vapors to all :nod:

Gonzo,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I have used my Underdog and SSV for oil (doing convection dabs not with the kit). I like the UD more because the flavor is better with less silicone in the path IMO but they both get messy pretty quick. I still got my eye on an evo/vxn or a sublimator. Right now I am leaning towards a sublimator first so I can fully retire the nail, and be able to use it on my rigs.

The Herbie and VB2 both look really nice but like you I am a bit put off by their price tags. Although I am sure if I started paying more attention to the Herbie my VAS could convince me otherwise. Maybe that's why I have avoided that thread :lol: .

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I use concentrates sandwiched between flower in both the Cloud and UD but like you said, it's not an ideal fit. Get's the job done, but I would like something easier to use.

@Puffers
If you don't mind me asking, is there a specific reason you never got the oil kit for the SSV?

Gonzo,

z9

You can buy a whip attachment from VapeXhale which will allow you to use the vapeXnail without being restricted to hydratubes. You just need some tubing, a female 18mm whip adapter, and another whip adapter in whatever size/joint you prefer if you don't want to purchase through VapeXhale.

Last edited:

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Thank you for pointing that out z9. I hadn't even noticed that on their website.

Gonzo,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I love my Versa but the Hammer does fantastic nail hits and convection dabs are great.

paytonpenn,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
@Gonzo
The claim building up so quickly in the wand put me off along with the whip that I ran to one of rigs anyway so it seemed to subdue the flavor a bit more. Just seemed like more of hassle then loadin a dab or 2 in the mod and throwing it right on the rig.

Puffers,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Thank you for pointing that out z9. I hadn't even noticed that on their website.

Definitely a viable option. I don't own a hydratube either, but very much enjoy the VXN with all my glass via a whip.

I ordered the two adapters from Oregon Glass Blower, and just bought some tubing online. Maybe $30-40 for the whole thing?

Roth,

SD_haze

@Gonzo You can also use the EVO & VXN with a dry glass mouthpiece, no hydratube or whip. Since it has the capability for nice, low-temp dabbing - it really isn't harsh or irritating.

Also, vapexhale just released a new type of their VapexNail - pure quartz. They're double the price though.. not an easy decision!

SD_haze,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom