1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

help appreciated!! mixing e-liquid with herb

Discussion in 'ABV' started by Orionprax3000, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orionprax3000

Orionprax3000 New Member

hi,

so my EQ arrived on tuesday, it was great and i was getting really tasty vapor.
    then one of my friends suggested putting a drop of e-liquid in the cyclone bowl to try and create a 'spliff in a bag'. which we did a few times but now everything smells and tastes horrible and im sure it must be down to E-liquid because it was great before but now like every part is horrible.
    ive tried using new mouth pieces but as soon as i use it once it then taste and smells the same.
    even with fresh weed i just get the same horrible taste.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

many thanks in advance.
  2. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

3. Orionprax3000

Orionprax3000 New Member

Yeah i put it on the herb and i've used everything the elbow, the whips, the bag its all horrible.

No i haven't i will that definitely work because i will have to go to the shop for that.

Many thanks.
  4. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard

ISO Soak all glass and replace whip tubing. Unfortunately, I've noticed whip tubing is a really great retainer of tastes and smells, be it good or bad.

also, look at top heater screen to ensure none of your liquid dropped in!
    SSVUN~YAH, Lo and paytonpenn like this.
  5. Orionprax3000

Orionprax3000 New Member

Thanks mate,
    I read a few forums which people we saying they use a few drops to get the nicotine hit aswell, but maybe i used too much because i cant even taste the weed or its the weed that's tasting so bad?

I think the heater screens ok, there some brown bits on it but it has been used for 3 days straight so thats ok right?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    DDave likes this.
  6. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard

Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad. maybe do a burnoff at full temp 260C for an hour just to clear the heater of being part cause of the smell?

good luck! Hope the smell clears soon!
  7. James C

James C EDM and vapor enthusiast

Yeah I'd reccomend just putting all the whip parts and anything that can be safetly put in iso into some, perhaps even leave it for a few hours.
  8. Lo

Lo Combustion free since '09 Staff Member

I made the mistake of trying e-liquid in a vaporizer a couple years ago and holy crap..it was nasty and I had to soak all parts to get rid of the funk. Also the liquid tasted NOTHING like it was supposed to. E-liquids are used at much lower temps than we vape at and using them at too high a temp can actually produce a toxic compound when the vegetable glycerin gets too hot (acrolein). I personally would avoid using e-liquids at temps hotter than a traditional e-cig uses.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors