• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Help a European choose a vape number 3.

decoydk

I'll start at the beginning. I own a titanium tipped dynavap M which I love, and an Xmas starry which is allso great. Actually I allso own a haze square pro which I'm really unhappy with, I assume it's the convection vapor I find unsatisfactory.
I'd like another vape, possibly for wax and concentrates, and while researching linx hypnos zero I came across the sai, which sounded way better, but don't ship here at all, that really disappointed me since I was kinda set on it after a day of research, so now I'm at my wits end.

The idea of an everlasting titanium skillet on a modbox sounded great. I'm looking for an easy to load, long lasting dappen or similar device , that can be brought in Europe or shipped here.

So please help me out choosing something else.
Id like good efficiency, wax isn't free after all.
I'd rather pay a lot for the best quality, but can't go above 200-300$
I like having temp control, and playing with settings, although the atty selection for the sai was baffling.
Stealth is nice but not mandatory.
Looking for something heated by a ceramic or titanium surface, for ease of cleaning and reliability.

Vapes i consider

source - slim xl, I liked the look of them but read some complaints here and elsewhere.

Linx hypnos zero, looks nice, I'm just concerned about how other I will end up changing attomizer, and reliability in general.

yocan magneto or similar yocan.

Doctor dabber ligth or ghost.

"Please help me fc, you are my only hope"
-j

Last edited:
decoydk,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I dont think its convection what you are unhappy with. Square is a finnicky vape you should try a mighty and give it an opportunity in some time.

jardri,

decoydk

I dont think its convection what you are unhappy with. Square is a finnicky vape you should try a mighty and give it an opportunity in some time.
Thank you for your reply...

someone mentioned that conduction is best for ex smokers, and I took that to heart. Tried a volcano once, effect was great but allso I didn't care for the steam consistency. I'm not gonna chance getting stuck with another expensive dust collector. if I ever have the chance to try a mighty someone else brought I'll do it in a heartbeat.

decoydk,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
If you are an ex smoker the vapcap works wonders. If you need clouds and to get instantly high I suggest a flowerpot or herborizer ti, expensive but endgame and you wont be satisfied with less.

jardri,
Reactions: Squiby

decoydk

I don't know if I really need to see the clouds, it's more I need to feel I'm breathing something in..

The herborizer ti is interesting, don't think I've come across it before, at least never noticed it.
Biggest drawback aside from the fact that I can't afford it is that it will never fit in my pocket.
Still looks awesome though. Thank you again ;)

And yes, I love my vapcap a lot ;)

Mr. Whitewall

By the looks of it, seems you'd be happy with a Splinter? :shrug:

Portables are quite different from desktops, they don't really compare, you have to choose what suits you.
Bear in mind there is no best and that you may even end up with two or three vapes of the same type, as many of us do.

Sorry can't offer much help about oil portables. :p But I'd rather get different vapes for separate functions, if you're really into oils?

Last edited:

decoydk

Splinter is for greens, but yeah I'm thinking of getting that as well, just to get some use out out of my boxmods.then again it's convection , I don't really trust that after the haze.

My main concern right now something that works well with wax, or concentrates.
I don't know if I'm into oils, been living tobacco free for 3 months now, and have not really had a way of using oils. I Miss having more options, which is why I'm buying new gear.

decoydk,

Mr. Whitewall

You can use oils with a mesh/oil pad if I'm not mistaken? There's many models on the same range that perform similarly: Tubo, StemPod... Tubo is actually made in Switzerland and has pretty fast shipping apparently.

Convection in itself is a very valid and widely used heating method. The fact that you may have had a bad experience with the Haze may be due to its novelty. Most devices have teething problems, especially big brands:
Solo was mess apparently, etc, etc... Not uncommon at all. It's mainly due to how the device is made not the principle it is based on. Both conduction and convection units suffer from that.

Still, I'd recommend against mixing both, if you are a bit of a purist, since IME the reclaim from the herb will slightly taint the oil's flavour. Then again, most of these have interchangeable glass stems so you could use one for each, but depends on bringing two glass stems ofc...

Also, I'm not an expert there, but from what I recall there is no herb conduction mod vapes? They were all designed to use convection, given the power mods can have?
That is IMHO the reason why they didn't bother with conduction?
I mean, yes, there are some, but the ones I saw cost about 45E on Ebay and are prone to combustion?
They would be more popular here on FC, for example, if they were effective I guess? :shrug: I just have seen no love for these devices round here.

At the and of the day I recommend you stick to what you like; if box mods are your thing, then you won't have too much trouble following that road?
You can have a herb atty, and an oil one, to add to your existing box mods? Most people seem have trouble with firmware updates and temp/device control so you should have a good head start there?

Of course, if conduction rocks your boat, you can always go with a decent conduction vape like a Pax 3, or a hybrid like the Crafty?

At the end of the day, the more info you give us, the more we can help:
No point recommending a desktop if you're after a portable, even though it is a sensible choice. Regarding power and versatility they can't be beat... Oh, and those are all convection! :lol: :tup:

The way I solved, years ago your problem :lol:, when I faced the same issue, was getting a Persei with Hercules and Alpha Centauri atomizers, but I think the market has evolved ever since? :2c:

Mr. Whitewall,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
... Actually I allso own a haze square pro which I'm really unhappy with, I assume it's the convection vapor I find unsatisfactory ... then again it's convection, I don't really trust that after the haze ... someone mentioned that conduction is best for ex smokers, and I took that to heart ...

Are you sure you understand what conduction and convection really is.
Because I think convection vapor is superior to conduction in every way except for one thing.
It takes about 1-3 seconds of sucking for the vapor to start flowing, but when it starts, it can producce a lot more vapor of much higher quality.
IMO conduction vapes are only better if you have tiny lungs or you prefer little hits instead of huge rips.

They only way I think conduction could be better for smokers is because its harsher on the throat, so it can hurt a bit like smoking and it can give you vapor even if you take tiny hits, like a joint. If a smoker is used to that and then takes a tiny hit from a convection vape and gets nothing, that could be confusing - but it's just that it's hard to get small hits from a convection vape, it can only give you huge rips if take a big long rip, or nothing if you didn't hit it enough.

Bong users on the other hand would feel right at home with convection vapes - they are used to huge rips and convection vapes work really well with water pipes. Conduction vapes couldn't make enough vapor in a single huge rip to milk a bong.

So my point is, unless you really are into tiny hits like puffing on a joint, I wouldn't shun convection because of one bad experience.

Maybe it's a defective unit, maybe you don't know how to use it correctly, maybe you only took a short tiny hit when a convection style vape requires a longer big one. Maybe Haze Square is just not that good vape and makes a bad example for the others...?

I highly recommend reading this post I made earlier, where I explain the differences between "conduction X convection" and more in detail:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/safest-pick-for-2018-plz-help-me-choose.34163/#post-1311658

Tried a volcano once, effect was great but allso I didn't care for the steam consistency.
Could you elaborate what you meant exactly by consistency? Did you mean it was too airy? That would be true for volcano if it's used only by 1 person, because it has a giant bowl, so you have to load only a fraction of it if you are alone. I always say that Volcano is vape made for group sessions and parties.

Top Bottom