Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
733e56fb5eb71a7a6c41e32a2cd660de.jpg

I'm like everybody else here...I just came here for the wine, women, and song!

Right everyone!? Right!?

Hellooooooo...anyone here!?

Anybody!?

:myday::myday::myday::myday::myday::myday:

EDIT: Seriously @vtac this forum is exceptional and a valuable source of imporant information for vape enthusiasts! Such that if you were to request an occasional donation at the front door I would happily contribute a little sumpen-sumpen via PayPal ! Now, where did I leave that mug o' mead and that feisty wench that goes with it!?

Last edited:

Tranquility

What a wonderful, honest, self-depreciating post vtac. No matter where you think you are, I am impressed with you.

I came to this site after finding out what many others have; this is a community of knowledgeable and interesting people--who are nice! Many other such forums...well, aren't so nice. After a while, however, I left.

The impetus of the leaving started with one thread concerning changing to https. The discussion was interesting, but a mod came in and gave me the impression no one cared about how the site was perceived or if it would grow. Knowing that something that is not growing is dying, I was a little sad at what might eventually happen. The thread that broke the camel's back had to do with the "Fuck You" thread where members give their barbaric Yalp's to the world about things that angered them. One post had to do with some re-registration issues on this site. A long-standing member in a thread designed for venting, vented. He knew he would be moderated and the fact he was (penalty points) was fine. But, the moderator rained down with...mean things...in response. It was rude and simply not in keeping with fair play in such a forum. Some of the things said showed this site didn't much care and I felt that when a moderator couldn't keep himself in check, there was no way the site would maintain it's high quality. So I deleted as much of my profile as possible and left.

That didn't mean I didn't check back in once in a while as the information was about the best and most current available out on the interwebs. Today I check in and see this "Hello" post.

From the laying it out there by vtac, any concerns I had have vanished and almost seem directly addressed by parts of the post. It certainly makes me want to re-engage with this wonderful community. Habits change and I have no idea if I will. I just wanted to say to vtac, you wrote an inspiring post. Thank you.

StormG94

Forever a student
You've created an awesome place, @vtac! Although I haven't participated much in my few years here, it's always nice to find a place where most people work through their problems respectfully and with an open mind. A place where people share information freely, not for personal gain, but for the betterment of their fellow brothers and sisters. I'm glad the man behind the scenes has returned!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
There's an over abundance of good community, good ideas, good vibes here. This old guy has learned many new things on many levels, so thank you, thank you to the founder(s?) and everyone involved with this whole combustion-fucking place.

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I've not been here long, but it has become the first place I check every morning. This is a wonderful caring community of folks and I have learned so much from the information and ideas posted on this forum. So, a "thank you" from me also!

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Seeing as everyone is sharing nice thoughts I shall chime in. I have no idea idea of the issues described, blissfully unaware.

However I do very much appreciate the ad free nature of this service, and whilst I have personally come to terms with having no control of my personal data on the internet. I greatly respect the lack of data mining for profit etc.

FuckCombustion could have saved my life, and it has most definitely saved my lungs. It helped me cut down from smoking every day, to vaping less than every day, something which is right for me.

One of my biggest pleasures in life now is running and cycling, and there is no doubt in my mind that I would not be where I am today, athletically, if it wasn't for this forum. I probably would not have achieved my academic success, and then finding my dream job if I was smoking the excessive amount every single day as I was before FC.

I don't use many online forums, but have seen many over the years. And this is the only one where GENERALLY the users respect each other, see the other viewpoint, debate not argue, apologise for mistakes and a whole list more of things which everyone should do. But as we know, the internet doesn't run like that. Well, well all do, and at least we have somewhere to talk about our passion in the way we conduct our self's.

Long may FC continue. :=)

FreddieFresh

Since discovering FC a couple of years ago, this site has served as an incredible source of information, and more importantly, inspiration. The kind nature, helpfulness, and generosity of this community is unparalleled by any other forum I've been to. I'm ever appreciative of what FC stands for, of how much it has helped me, and how much it continues to help others. @vtac Thank you for sharing this vision with is and never giving up on it!

mephisto

Thanks @vtac for creating a place that I can hang out with my friends.
Most of whom I have never met... Been around these threads for a good piece of
time and my life has been absolutely enriched by this forum . I have learned volumes and I appreciate
every last member that is part of this entity. Your disclosure was unwarranted and yet
very much an insight to the true nature of FC.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Thank you so much to everyone for sharing your warm and thoughtful messages here and in private. There was a lot in the OP that I hadn’t talked about with anyone and it was difficult to put into words and to put it out there. Knowing how insignificant my own problems are compared to the struggles so many others face every day makes it impossible not to feel somewhat ashamed and guilty. It’s humbling to receive so much kindness and I’ve been taken aback by some of your remarkably deep yet easily understandable words of wisdom. I can’t state enough how meaningful it is to hear that others were able to not only understand, but relate to what I was trying to express.

For me that human connection was an important reminder of what makes this community important to so many folks. People helping one another is such a beautiful thing and experiencing it here for myself was enlightening even after all these years. And of course it always brings a smile to hear that folks are enjoying vapor as an essential part of improving their health! Like some of you I’m not into the traditional social media scene, fc fills that need for me and it feels good to be a part of once again.

It’s great to see so many new and familiar faces. I’m sure some parts of the OP made next to no sense for some - when I logged in a few days ago it felt the same way. I think I’ve replied to almost all of the private messages you’ve sent in the past couple days. The server and forum have been updated for the most part. There are still important fixes to be done including getting gmail to like us again and I’ll be busy behind the scenes until things are sorted. Not enough hours in the day and all that.

Thank you to everyone here for making this such an amazing place. Thanks for showing so much class, and thanks for being kind. You set an commendable example.

Vaporhead99

@vtacand while I haven't been aware of any of the concerns you've mentioned

I noticed a link at the top of the page and ended up here, man, :uhh:

@vtac A very well wrote out and informative post and you do seem like a top person however just a suggestion here, maybe just leave this stickied in the community discussion and not link to it from every forum?

The link is next to your 'best of' links and 'glossary of acronyms' and I honestly thought the link would direct me to site or vape related stuff like site changes, updates or something FC relevant. This feels more personal and you are highlighting this to all forum traffic and the reality is only a very small minority of the visitors will even be aware of any aspect of what you posted.

Those who know you and those who want to find this post can do so by visiting the community discussion or checking your profile page, linking to it from the top of every page is just strange.
All the best regardless @vtac , it's an awesome forum and I hope it stays around :leaf:

Vaporhead99,
Reactions: vtac

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Those who know you and those who want to find this post can do so by visiting the community discussion or checking your profile page, linking to it from the top of every page is just strange.
The thread does seem to be part of the Community Discussions area, and also has a couple of links/pointers. One is the header, and I also noticed that the Hello thread was auto-added to my list of Watched Threads. He wanted people to see this, not stumble upon it.

I really appreciate that @vtac , a founder of the Forum, put this MAJOR announcement up and made it very, very available to all members, even while it was apparently a personally very difficult step to take. Some of the post applies to none of us, while some of the post applies to all of us.

Vitolo

Vaporist
He wanted people to see this, not stumble upon it.
I agree.
@vtac is most articulate, and also well versed in Forum direction, and knows what he wants the FC Community to experience.
The nature of his announcement sets a tone of trust for new and old members alike.
As a member I feel good about all members not missing the thread "Hello".
linking to it from the top of every page is just strange.
You just have to touch the "X" on the right side of the announcement, and you will have dismissed
it as a news item.

Last edited:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I too have been absent from FC for the better part of this past year, and as such I have no idea about the problems/drama that have been briefly described in this thread, but I wanted to leave my :2c: and also thank @vtac for creating this wonderful community.

I generally, as a rule of thumb, hate social media. You'll never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any of that. I dislike the drama and the narcissism that it can breed. I originally came here to research vaporizers so I could quit smoking my herb. I had already quit cigs with the help of an e-cig, just needed to find a good device to help me completely do away with smoke. Well, there is no better place on the web for information about vaporizers, and when I finally got a vape and Fucked Combustion, I ended up sticking around here and becoming an active member. Everyone here generally is respectful of one another, and there's truly a sense of community and of caring for one another. It's like an oasis in the midst of an otherwise inhospitable internet. There's just something about this place, it's almost intangible... It truly is remarkable.

So again, thank you @vtac, for everything that you have done and continue to do! :rockon:

:peace:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I want to join in the praise for posting this @vtac! I am a newer member but I lurked for years and appreciate how FC has stayed untainted and true to its roots. :tup:

Kudos to you for coming on here and sharing so openly. I don't know exactly what you're going through but a lot of what you said resonated with me and I have had similar issues in the past. I would hope we could all be understanding of that, especially since a lot of us vaporize for medical issues. I have had periods of absence from FC myself due to personal issues.

I'm not into social media much either and FC is one of the only online communities I'm part of, and the only one I really care about. It has literally changed my life, you really have created something special here. :clap:

I do appreciate you posting this announcement where it is very visible. I had no clue about the drama going on, and I am grateful for the heads up. I've done some detective work, and while I still don't know all the details I found what I needed to know.

I have to say this concerns me a little if FC is really in trouble, as I'm not good with change and FC is a big support system for me. I am going through a bit of a tough time myself right now which adds to the anxiety. However, I know we will make it, there is too much positivity here not to.

I strive to help others the way I have been helped here before, especially new members. I have noticed the same from the overwhelming majority of this community. The fact that this is true is quite remarkable, considering the majority of online forums are filled with trolls and flamers.

That ended up a bit longer than the quick thanks I intended, oh well. Much love and respect @vtac!

Last edited:

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Definitely glad this place is here.

I was victim to all the add-placed vape forums and was lead to believe a VIVANT knockoff would be the best thing since sliced bread.

Finding FC was able to save my ability to use marijuana, and had it not been for the plethora of honest information I'd have been stuck with all of those cheap knock-offs at exorbitant prices.

That, and now I have a place to share one of my favorite hobbies without any judging stares :smug:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
FC was an eye opener into the world of vaporizing. With the help of some friends on this forum I was able to stop combusting cannabis over four years ago. This placed turned out to be a shelter from the internet storm of BS out there - a calming force. I'm not into Facebook or twitter either. My thanks are to everyone on this site.

A thank you to @vtac for allowing us into the FC family. It's a big world out there, I'm glad we found everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom