• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Heavy Smoker, looking for a vape that will end the joint ritual

whakkajack

As heavy as they get i suppose. Not a good thing really but hey ho. I am looking for a vaporizer that will be good enough to end the smoking.

Used the volcano before but not an option really, my girl would take one look at the bag and think druggy :(

Also tried the pax ploom, left thinking this is no good.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers whakkajack

Sorry, I should also say hello. My first post, well now my 2nd. Ex grower uk based.

Last edited by a moderator:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the forum whakkajack.

You're going to need to give us a lot more information than you have to get a solid answer. For instance, do you want a desktop or portable? What is your price range? Do you vape mostly flower or do you need something that will also handle concentrates?

List some of your requirements and I'm sure you'll get a host of people here telling you their opinions on what to get. ;)

whakkajack

Hey thanks for the speedy reply.

I will mostly be using flower, but something that can also handle concentrate would be really good as i use now and again.

In regards to desktop or portable, i am not too sure here. I want a good amount of vapor. I want to feel the hit so to say. Portables are good, they look discreet, less druggy looking. But will they produce the hit I am looking for?

Id consider buying a desktop and a portable. no price range issues. I am after quality products. Something that will last and do the job.

Cheers!

whakkajack,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Most people have some trouble switching to vapor after combusting. It takes some dedication and you need to stop combusting completely for a couple weeks to really make the switch. You don't get the 'same high' and some feel they are 'missing something' when they vape, especially if they also combust. Most, after a couple of weeks of vaping only, will never go back.

My advice would be to start with a desktop model. There are several units that are considered 'heavy hitters.' Some look a bit more discreet than others. To name a few that might work, there's the Silver Surfer which is a whip type vape. There's the Nano which is a log vape that hits hard and is very popular. There's also the Arizer Solo which is a good hitter that can also serve as a portable.

Take a look at those threads for a start. Others will chime in with their opinions as well. There are several vapes that will fit your needs. These are just a couple.

max

Out to lunch
Id consider buying a desktop and a portable.
Good idea. The Haze is a good choice for both flowers and concentrates, since you have one chamber for each. Also a great warranty, and removeable battery. Don't know if vapor production would satisfy you though, and that ? applies to any portable if you're a heavy user. Expectations from new vaporists can vary a lot. Pocket portables are designed primarily for carry around stealthy use, while home units can concentrate on providing higher volumes of vapor.

It also helps to decide how much you want to spend, and you don't have to go up into Volcano price territory to get excellent quality. Check youtube for vids on any model that strikes you. Seeing it in action may allow you to quickly give it the thumbs up or down.

bounce5

I'm a bit of a Vapman fangirl, but I've read that the Vapman has been helpful for people trying to quit smoking, because it has it's own ritual which is similar to smoking. It is portable but uses a mini-torch lighter, so it's more for home/private use. It's a really unique, good quality product. Checkout the Vapman thread for more information.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Have and enjoy both the nano and vapman very much!

One cool thing about the vapman (or lotus) is that while you do have to heat with a butane jet, you can take that heat up to almost combustion - getting very heavy/thick vapor that will probably help most with the transition from smoking.

nano is pretty discrete and doesn't look "druggie" even if you leave it sitting out. Just a small wooden cylinder (about the size of a Red Bull can, but 2/3 as tall) with a metal tube inside. You can also get an aromatics piece for it and use it as an aromatherapy device. A few other vapes do this, too. I don't, but this may help with the GF issue. To use for vaping, all you need is a glass tube with a screen in it (this stem comes with all nanos). Also, not real "druggie" looking and small enough to stash away easily. It's a little bigger than a pen. nano can produce light vapor or pretty thick, and can handle concentrates or hash with a little tweaking.

Many other great choices out there, too!

EverythingsHazy

Hey thanks for the speedy reply.

I will mostly be using flower, but something that can also handle concentrate would be really good as i use now and again.

In regards to desktop or portable, i am not too sure here. I want a good amount of vapor. I want to feel the hit so to say. Portables are good, they look discreet, less druggy looking. But will they produce the hit I am looking for?

Id consider buying a desktop and a portable. no price range issues. I am after quality products. Something that will last and do the job.

Cheers!

E-Nano log vape + gb-186 water piece from dhgate. The combo is a cannabis connoisseur's dream. Huge, dense, flavorful clouds with minimal irritation.

You can change the water level and water temperature to increase or decrease harshness of the hit.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth

p1ssbucket

Mighty I say! German made and the first vape I think is honestly good enough to replace the joint experience.

I made a thread in here a little while back "heavy tolerance portable for flowers" and ended up with the mighty.
A log vape is good too but they have such small bowls that you are always repacking.

I love my nano but it gets old repacking after every hit or 2, no way a serious/heavy smoker can get more than 4-6 hits out of a nano pack let alone pass it around. Even on a dry stem you can cash it in like 4 hits. Mighty keeps the good flavor coming for really long :)

But nano you can use with a bong and do tons of bong vape bowls.

Walter Bishop

All of the suggestions so far are on point. So nothing to add there.

That said, may want to look into the Okin when it's available. The shape and manor of use seems like it would fit the ritual of smoking a joint very well.

Disclaimer, it's not available yet, and I have no personal experience with it. But you can find a thread for it in the portables thread candidate section if you want to check it out.

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I agree Flame Vape if your trying to quit joints or blunts. Doesn't have to be a flame but the ritual is there at least. If you have big bucks to spend on expensive non user friendly replaceable batteries, then there are a plethora of options. For me batteries go in my chargers to power my Logs, they are my portables as well as my desktop and I won't look back!
A log vape is good too but they have such small bowls that you are always repacking.
I don't find this to be true. Did you only have one stem and one gong?
German made and the first vape I think is honestly good enough to replace the joint experience.
Interesting there was no vape until the Mighty that made you want to put down the J?
All of the suggestions so fa are on point. So nothing to add there.

That said, may want to look into the Okin when it's available. The shape and manor of use seems like it would fit the ritual of smoking a joint very well.

Disclaimer, it's not available yet, and I have no personal experience with it. But you can find a thread for it in the portables thread candidate section if you want to check it out.
I'm diggin that one too, good advice!

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Buy one each of every recommend vapes on this thread. Sit back enjoy and rotation is important. If that's not doable make a list put your favorite on top. Get that one and try very hard to fight the urge (VAS) to go buy all vapes on list. Enjoy the ride don't go broke. Lol

GR

I was using concentrates only for the last few years until I got the Mighty, now I hardly touch concentrates. The Mighty/crafty hit hard and easy, smooth, lung busting hits with little to no restriction of air flow much like a joint, it also works great hooked up to a water pipe.

p1ssbucket

I don't find this to be true. Did you only have one stem and one gong?
Interesting there was no vape until the Mighty that made you want to put down the J?

I'm diggin that one too, good advice!

I have several stems and gongs but only one of each I like so effectively yeah I only have one of each.

Also no actually I have been combustion free for a few vapes now starting with the Solo but the mighty is the first one that really had the "feel" of hitting a j, all the rest of my vapes had their own way of being hit or worked more like a bong bowl I guess.

Top Bottom