Heavy hitting portable vapes that go great with glass

DOOM

I really want to buy Flowerpot other popular desktops but need a portable to go with glass peice. Anything that is an equivalent to FP, sublimator..?

I used SOLO and LOTUS for the past few years. I also have UD and Volcano as a desktop. My fav was the SOLO.

My range is $400-$700 for an entire set if possible. I like milky clouds with dry herbs, when I see thin vapes on youtube it discourages me from buying. For concentrates, it never bothered me to use the sandwich method, so that's not an issue.

I really want the FP but seems like a huge setup to take in the backyard and chill.

Thanks

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Tubo Evic - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tubo-evic.22992/

Not quite as hard hitting as the FP, but closest portable that I've used and frankly I'd be amazed if there was a portable as good at extraction as the FP in the next year or 2.

@disGRUNTled uses his FP out in his yard... All you need is a single extension cable. Not really too much crap.

This illusion that the Flowerpot is some super complicated machine that requires DIY is just that; an illusion.

DOOM

thanks for suggestion. that looks pretty slick. pretty impressed by videos.

DOOM,
Reactions: muunch

HD Springer

I don't think you need to spend anywhere near the $400-700 range. You could get multiple different kinds. To be perfectly honest one of my favorites to use through water is the not so well liked Alternate. It flat out milks the living shit out of my glass. I'd look at a few different ones. The crafty or mighty which is what the Alternate was based off of I believe. Good luck. Can't wait to hear what you pick up.

HD Springer,
Reactions: Morty

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I haven't tried many, but the mighty works really well with glass using an adapter or even just a piece of silicone tubing over the mouthpiece, enough to seal against the glass joint

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
CFX, Grasshopper, MiniVap (if you want to count that as portable), VapCap all work great through a waterpipe. Grasshopper is probably the best vaporizer there is through water but the reliability is terrible.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: Squiby

little maggie

Another plug for the tubo- I got a whip with mine and it works great with water. Others like the bent stems. You wont find another vape that has software updated often based on user requests and that works so well. (Have the cfx, alternate, milaana, vapcaps and others and prefer the tubo.)
If you don't mind butane- the supreme. I have never used mine. I got too intimidated by needing to use a large torch even though I have small torches for my other butane vapes. But I bought it because of how powerful owners described it. Not sure about the glass though.

elykpeace

exVASted
Lotus is like the vapcap and those pair great with glass and I'm finding are efficient as well as heavy hitting. IDK I have a ghost mv1 inbound and I already feel like my current setup (@Ed's TnT Woodscent and portable is the vapcap it came with) are perfect. I never had a vapcap before and works great out on the boat fishing or wherever you chill. You can get great flavor and vapor from both easily and it's super reliable so long as what you put in is what you will get out.

Wtf guys VAS

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I really want to buy Flowerpot other popular desktops but need a portable to go with glass peice. Anything that is an equivalent to FP, sublimator..?

I used SOLO and LOTUS for the past few years. I also have UD and Volcano as a desktop. My fav was the SOLO.

My range is $400-$700 for an entire set if possible. I like milky clouds with dry herbs, when I see thin vapes on youtube it discourages me from buying. For concentrates, it never bothered me to use the sandwich method, so that's not an issue.

I really want the FP but seems like a huge setup to take in the backyard and chill.

Thanks

What you're looking for exists but it will cost you. http://errlectric.com/index.php/hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing/product/1801-errlectric®-mobilenail®

My flowerpot comes tomorrow so I'm halfway there lol.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Arizer Air is out with a new version - the Air II. I don't have one but I have the Solo II and it has some of the same upgrades. The Air is small and somewhat stealth. The upgrades include a digital temp display and selecting the time of your session.

Both the Solo and the Air are very portable but the Air is more stealth between the two. Both will hook up great to glass. I don't know if they are the heaviest of hitters but they are well made and hook up well to glass.

The Grasshopper is a heavy hitter but it's not a dependable portable they have still quite a few flaws that Hopper Labs are working through.

The Milaana isn't stealth but it's a heavy hitter and it hooks up well to glass.

Tommy10

Here to say grasshopper!
If you want to use butane then many options. No butane I can't see anything beating the grasshopper but I have also not tried the latest run of on demand convection portables, but the grasshopper is made to go on glass!!! Milk!!!!

Edit to add I didn't mind my Mi and it is 100% a portable bong Milker just never grabbed me, lotus already is great for it and solo can be?
Only got my grasshopper today so this is purely the opinion of a man in honeymoon faze when/if she breaks I may have an altered opinion.
Supreme 3 milks harder than the evo and the grasshopper for my money, it's just major fuck around town!

Gray Area

The supreme v3 :tup:

Simple as that really...

E2a: Especially if you're looking for thick clouds in your glass. Nothing at all wispy about the supreme :D

Oh and 2nd edit: someone said the lotus was like a vapcap? Far from it, the lotus is far superior and full convection :nod:

Last edited:

elykpeace

exVASted
The supreme v3 :tup:

Simple as that really...

E2a: Especially if you're looking for thick clouds in your glass. Nothing at all wispy about the supreme :D

Oh and 2nd edit: someone said the lotus was like a vapcap? Far from it, the lotus is far superior and full convection :nod:

Not someone. Me. I meant similar as in it's portable and you use butane torch. I have no experience with the lotus .. but you place a cap over it and heat it up... No?

elykpeace,

Squiby

Not someone. Me. I meant similar as in it's portable and you use butane torch. I have no experience with the lotus .. but you place a cap over it and heat it up... No?

The Lotus and the Vapcap both use butane lighters.

- The lotus will only operate with a single jet butane lighter.
- The Vapcap can be heated by almost any heat source; butane lighter with one to four jets, a Bic lighter, a candle, stove element, campfire stick, oil lamp flame, solar heater, etc.

- The Lotus emulates a pipe.
- The Vapcap emulates a joint.

- The Lotus is heated while you toke. (Fire close to face).
- The Vapcap is heated before you toke. (Fire is at a safe distance and can be concealed somewhat).

- The Lotus will fit into a jacket pocket or backpack.
- The Vapcap will fit into a front jeans pocket and can be concealed in a palm.

I love my Lotus and will never part with it, even though I never use it anymore. My Vapcaps trump the Lotus in ease of use, flavor and delivers a smoother cooler vapor.

elykpeace

exVASted

- The Vapcap can be heated by almost any heat source; butane lighter with one to four jets, a Bic lighter, a candle, stove element, campfire stick, oil lamp flame, solar heater, etc.

- The Vapcap is heated before you toke. (Fire is at a safe distance and can be concealed somewhat).

I love my Lotus and will never part with it, even though I never use it anymore. My Vapcaps trump the Lotus in ease of use, flavor and delivers a smoother cooler vapor.

I had no idea lotus was a single flame that you heat while inhale. Thank you for explaining the similarities and differences @Squiby

Morty

Anything that is an equivalent to FP, sublimator..?
From everything I've heard, read, asked, the Sub seems to be one of the biggest hitters out there (if not the BIGGEST), but w/ caveats. It's big, expensive, janky & not the best in the flavor department. I still think it looks kinda cool though.

Another vote for supreme v3! The dually days are upon us!
That's not what I heard. I heard a certain someone bought the last 4 single SV3's & is now pestering little maggie for hers! :lol:

I know flavor is such a subjective thing, but I've never heard this before. VC trumping the Lotus flavor wise ? Damn you @Squiby! Your making me want to try one of these new Ti tips! Wish they still had the old school looking Vongs & the Amboyna Burl wood options. What stunners those were !

Gray Area

All very true, thanks for taking the time to list the differences much clearer than me. I would have added vapcap = conduction and lotus = convection maybe but hey.
However I had the complete opposite experience regarding flavour and smoothness (I'll give you ease of use ;) ) but suppose that part is subjective, and as always it's horses for courses (as they say) :nod:

I had thought of getting an M as I get a bit of decent quality Moroccan hash from time to time and have heard it's good for solid concentrates.

But... regardless of all that I still say Supreme V3 for the win :tup:

Jethro

A well heated VapCap after some experience is fantastic through glass. Once you really get the hang of it you can push the envelope to milk any glass piece. It's the closest thing to a combustion bong hit that I have encountered, but to be fair I have somewhat limited experience with other vapes outside the ones in my signature.

virtualpurple

The Tubo or tubo-x are my picks. You want a portable that hits so hard with flowers that you'll swear you're dabbing? This is your huckleberry. I do double-takes with the thick dense clouds that it produces.

virtualpurple,
Top Bottom