Heavy-hitter efficient vape?

Alexis

I can see I came off a bit to standoffish, and I apologize for that.

For the record, I'd have been inclined to respond the same way to the statement "(insert critic/reviewer's name here) said it's better" without including any actual reasons as to why (only appealing to their opinion of "better") from anyone who said it. If someone's going to appeal to a critic's opinion of what's "better", they should include why they agree with the critic.

Either way, enough beating of this horse. I apologize for my passive aggressive attitude above. You definitely have more experience than me, and I value your opinions here.
No worries at all bro, I have all the respect for you and your knowkedge and experience you offer here which is way more than my own. My life is a 24/7 battle with illness and vaping is a distraction and escape but Im unable to really get my fingers into any pies to actually learn and contribute on most things.

So my experience with the Ti and the other heavy hitters mentioned (plus SV3, Verdamper) at least gives me a chance to offer something back in these comparison threads, and so I do try and have a little fun in the process.
Nothing to apolagize for either, in fact you were perfectly polite, reasonable and fair we just crossed our wires a little but nice to be able to untangle them so amicably and stay good friends. ;):tup:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The SV3 is certainly one I've wanted, but have yet to try. From what I've read, it kicks as hard as anything, yet I rarely see it suggested in "heavy hitter suggestion?" type threads like this any more.

It used to be the top recommended heavy hitter Have the newer flowerpot, herborizer, etc. heavy hitters really overpowered it?

Zak McKracken

Really interested in the conversation!I'm in the search for heavy hitter portable and I had my eyes on the evo but was looking for more options,too.I avoided the sv3 because I don't want to mess with big torches.Now I'm really interested in the herbo ti.Does anyone know when is the digital version coming out /price?

Zak McKracken,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Really interested in the conversation!I'm in the search for heavy hitter portable and I had my eyes on the evo but was looking for more options,too.I avoided the sv3 because I don't want to mess with big torches.Now I'm really interested in the herbo ti.Does anyone know when is the digital version coming out /price?
The Ti is a much harder hitter than the EVO hands down, with better flavour and efficiency too.
@Ramahs I was actually badly allergic to the aluminium material of the SV3, real severe and genuine allergic reaction with throat swelling and choking.

Its the only material based reaction I have had that I know of.
The others dont make sense. I use the Elev8r and hit it super hard with massive rips. But no device specific allergic reaction to the form of vapor ir any materials (glass, SS screen).

But I cant touch the GS or EVO. Not even an invisible whispy hit without that awful allergic type reaction. Doesnt make sense. :hmm:
So in most cases it isnt material based, but it was with the SV3. I used it for 6 days of hell somehow then sold. 2 years ago now, so its hard to be objective about it.

There are still a goood few happy SV3 users out there, but most who have both the SV3 and Flowerpot for example would never dream of breaking out the Supreme now.
Its hard to rank its sheer hitting power next to these others- its such a different device but I think it can still hold its own to an extent, if that is one's cup of tea.

But I think yes there are better options now for sheer ease of use with equal or stronger effects.

@Zak McKracken the DigiTi is long overdue. Waa due in April, then May, then September. So any time now. I will alert this thread and the Herbo thread when it comes if nobody bests me to it.

Miserable damp Monday here in Bedford UK. Wishing you all a great start to the week. :)

Last edited:

VCBud

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey guys I just want to clarify that I didn't necessarily come to any final conclusions or anything regarding my thoughts about how the Herbo compares to others like the FP or Sub.

I was put on the spot live and asked to compare the flavor from those three and I said that it seems like the Herbo is closer to the Sub vapor-quality wise which can be considered by some to be slightly higher than the FP, but we're really splitting hairs here, I highly recommend all 3 and can't really choose a winner!

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Hey guys I just want to clarify that I didn't necessarily come to any final conclusions or anything regarding my thoughts about how the Herbo compares to others like the FP or Sub.

I was put on the spot live and asked to compare the flavor from those three and I said that it seems like the Herbo is closer to the Sub vapor-quality wise which can be considered by some to be slightly higher than the FP, but we're really splitting hairs here, I highly recommend all 3 and can't really choose a winner!

Glad we can keep in touch on here Bud. Otherwise , bold move my friend , Game On!

Alexis

Thanks for chiming in bro and sorry for talking for you. I know it is early still and never essy to rank vapes alongside each other so I did try not to quote you out of context and make it seem like a closed case. More like an early intro with more to come was my intention.

Looking forward to your official Herbo review Bud. :tup:

dll

Yes I've checked out the on-demand convection vapes but I have limited options in Europe and I thought I should get a desktop vaporizer since I vape at home only.
Alexis recommended me the Herbo Ti and I was convinced almost instantly. Very strong effects and finishing a bowl in 2-3 hits. That's perfect match for me.

Already ordered the Herbo Ti btw but it's good to read the different options about the heavy-hitters I think we all can learn something from it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Let us know what you think of that desktop when you get it. If there's a poor man's flowerpot for half the price that's something I want to know about.

bossman,
Reactions: Megaton

dll

I will for sure. Just fyi the only vape I had is the Boundless CFX so I don't really have much experience with vapes.

dll,

Zak McKracken

Thanks @Alexis ,I think I'm sold!Just want to have it by the end of the year so idk what to do...Probably will wait until black Friday and see if I can find a bargain ,or else I'm gonna definitely have either by Christmas.
Would love to hear how it works for you @dll !

Vaporware

I was somewhat interested in the SV3 too. I even included it in a few recommendations when people wanted heavy hitters. When I looked into it more though, the materials worried me.

I hope that Stainless Steel and Titanium aren’t causing me any harm, but the general consensus seems to be that they shouldn’t. I think the general consensus on aluminum on the other hand is that it’s not worth the risk.

Yes plenty of people have used aluminum for these purposes without noticing a problem, but I do have some concern for those people’s brains and bodies in the future so I can’t really recommend the SV3 or any other vaporizer that uses hot aluminum.

I can't wait to get mine fixed now.

That does bring up another issue where the FlowerPot has an advantage though. There’s little or nothing really breakable other than the coil and controller*, and you can always buy a replacement or keep a spare around so you should never have to send anything in for repair unlike the Herborizer or just about anything else.

For people who want something nearly indestructible or who don’t want to ever mail this stuff off to be repaired (which is the case for many in states or countries where cannabis is illegal), the FlowerPot is one of the very few that meet those needs. :)

*There were a couple of issues with the new VRod either in threading or lack of grips to unscrew it and switch out coils, but I believe these are resolved and the other FP models never had an issue there.

Vaporware,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

That does bring up another issue where the FlowerPot has an advantage though. There’s little or nothing really breakable other than the coil and controller*, and you can always buy a replacement or keep a spare around so you should never have to send anything in for repair unlike the Herborizer or just about anything else.

For people who want something nearly indestructible or who don’t want to ever mail this stuff off to be repaired (which is the case for many in states or countries where cannabis is illegal), the FlowerPot is one of the very few that meet those needs. :)

*There were a couple of issues with the new VRod either in threading or lack of grips to unscrew it and switch out coils, but I believe these are resolved and the other FP models never had an issue there.
This is a good point but let me put it slightly more in context. The herborizer ti analogue system has been out since May 2017 and I am yet to hear a single report of a problem with any
Ti unit needing any sort of repair I just haven't heard a word of this yet.

My own digital unit is the very first such problem I have heard of. So there is no reason to see this vaporizer as being fragile or prone to needing repair as long as you do not abuse it beyond its limits.
I just made a stupid error and turns the heat up far too high, momentarily forgetting that I was in celsius and not Fahrenheit I think was partly at the back of my mind, I was just trying to burn off some dark residue from some rosin I tried with the email configuration.

It probably and hopefully will be a cheap and easy fix maybe there is just one or two parts that need replacing but we will see. But this is not something which is likely to happen as long as somebody knows not to turn the heat up to a certain incredibly hi-point I really can't see anything being likely to go wrong with either the analogue or digital version and even if it should Sebastien stands behind his products and will always repair.

So @Zak McKracken it was just a stupid error on my part which is not ever going to happen again because start you really have to go out of your way to adjust the temperature up by hundreds of degrees is not something which is likely to happen by accident or without you knowing about.

If I was using this vape daily as I would like to and I was at all worried about something going wrong I would just buy an analogue system as a backup because I can't see anything ever going wrong with that.

The Ti really is a very sturdy, reliable heater. I just took the more powerful car for way too fast of a test drive, beyond its built in top speed but Im sure Seb will sort it out and no way is it EVER going to happen again.

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
I'm pretty sure several good choices for you include the Apollo2, (from Venus vaporizers) , especially the 50 W edition-Or the Helios from the same company- if you want to stay with battery vapes. I'm still saving for mine.
I remember a time when Venus was recommended as a go-to for heavy-duty use.

Tubo evic is known to be a heavy hitter as well, (and can be used in multiple modes)
and I have never been let down by my vapman.

Vapman, and Dreamwood are Butane vapes, and so the experience can be very individualized. Vapman Station is also a great accessory for home use, making the vapman a little bit easier to control.

For logs, I think Musa is in Europe, but I have only recently started connecting with the maker-I hear good things about the vape though! I'm not sure you could go wrong with any of these choices-

Top Bottom