heater touching glass oh my ssv! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthend

I just noticed my ceramic heater is BARELY touching the glass in my ssv. What should I do to fix this? Thanks in advance!

matthend,

max

Out to lunch
If it's touching the top of the heater cover, just carefully pull up on the glass cover very slightly (pull the plug firest). If it's touching the side you'll have to pull the cover off and straighten the element.

max,

The_Algebraist

does it matter if the heating element is touching the glass? mine came with the element juust barely touching the glass.... also, doesn't it say in the users guide that it's ok? i might be wrong...

The_Algebraist,

tuttle

From page 8:
Make sure the ceramic heater is centered so when the glass heater cover goes on, the ceramic heater is not touching the glass. If the ceramic heater is toughing the glass, or is not perfectly centered it is OK and will not affect the performance or life of the SSV unit, but it is best if the ceramic heater is centered if you can.
So it sound if you can easily get it off the glass, it isn't a bad idea to do so, but don't kill yourself or you heater doing so ;)

tuttle,

Bubonic

This isnt a problem at all since the glass is inert. But if you do wish to move it down, just wait until the glass is cool, wiggle it off, and just push the ceramic heater down, but don't push it down too low because the lower you push the heating element down the higher you will have to turn the knob to get your desired heat because the air that your sucking in won't pass through as much heat as it usually does.

Bubonic,

max

Out to lunch
This isnt a problem at all since the glass is inert.
Maybe not a problem, but glass does absorb heat so it's going to slightly affect the temp. I know I don't want my element touching the glass. That's not how it's designed.

max,

matthend

Well mine was just barely touching just at the inside of the elbow where the bend is in the heater cover. I took the heater cover off and was able to bend the heater straight, but my heater cover glass is now cracked where it was in contact with the heater. I am going to try to call 7th floor today. This sucks because it came like this and I just didn't realize it wasn't supposed to be.

matthend,

tuttle

Ulgh, that sucks, sorry to hear. It seems they need to clarify their manual as it certainly (at least in your case) affected the life of the parts, contrary to what they imply.

tuttle,

smoking Joe

My surfer also touched the heater cover and called the 7th floor and said it doesn't matter if the heater cover is touching the heater.

smoking Joe,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom