• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Heat Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishkybizniz

It's my understanding the more moisture in the product, the more heat it will require to vaporize it. My question, how does heat make a difference in the strength of each draw? I've noticed more heat produces more vape. Does that mean it's a stronger dose? Or would medium or lower settings deliver the same amount of medication regardless of how strong or mild the vape is?

Fishkybizniz,

Tweek

A vaporizer will generally work best with dry herb. If you place a product with more moisture it will take a little longer to cook the moisture out and possibly give you a harsher taste.

In terms of heat vs strength of your draw, it all depends on whether you have a conduction or a convection vape:

http://www.vapeworld.com/convection-vs-conduction/

Also, THC is vaped out at lower temps, whereas CBD is reached through higher temps. THC is psychoactive and CBD helps more with pain/insomnia. So some users start low and crank to high, or settle on an temp that works for their particular goal. That is also strain dependant as well.

So I wouldn't say more heat equals a stronger dose as much as more heat extracts deeper into the herb.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i basically agree with Tweek's answer, but i wonder if it takes a higher temp to melt the trichomes to release the THC to the hot air. i think it takes around 380°F and 60 seconds for the melt. i also think the higher temps will be releasing plant resins or other plant gunk, rather than cannabinoids. all just my speculation -- i don't have the proper tools to answer this question.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: OF

JCat

Accessory Maker
That's really the beauty of vaporization ... everyone has their own preference for the right mixture of THC/CBD/etc and I find it easier to balance the desired effects through both strain and vaporization temperature than it is with just strain when I used to combust.

I prefer the high (or medicinal effect ... whatever ... let's not get that debate going again in this thread too :)) from vaporization at just below 200C ... sticking to 50-85% Sativa based strains generally during the day ... maybe with a little heavier Indica in between if required ... then switching to largely 70/30 Indica based strains into the evening and night depending on what my plans are for the evening/night.

I find higher temp vaporization than that just makes me lethargic and I tend to avoid it for the most part as well as combustion.

JCat,
Reactions: OF

Fishkybizniz

A vaporizer will generally work best with dry herb. If you place a product with more moisture it will take a little longer to cook the moisture out and possibly give you a harsher taste.

In terms of heat vs strength of your draw, it all depends on whether you have a conduction or a convection vape:

http://www.vapeworld.com/convection-vs-conduction/

Also, THC is vaped out at lower temps, whereas CBD is reached through higher temps. THC is psychoactive and CBD helps more with pain/insomnia. So some users start low and crank to high, or settle on an temp that works for their particular goal. That is also strain dependant as well.

So I wouldn't say more heat equals a stronger dose as much as more heat extracts deeper into the herb.

Wow! Thank you for this write back! Answered my question along with a very nice education. I think I need it all! My nuerologist can't find anything wrong with my central nervous system but it and my immune system are having quite a party for themselves. They did find a tumor on the outside of my spine in the thorax (around the bottom of the lungs). Because I crashed and burned over a cortisone shots to help relieve nerve pain in my knees, radiology won't CT scan me. The MRI of my spine is what picked up on the tumor but the MRI was for a shot inside the spine not out. Because the radiologist doesn't trust my tolerance to Prednisone, refuses to scan me. They need to give me Prednisone & Benaldryl in order to avoid complications with my allergy to iodine (contrast they use). I'm not allergic to cortisone. My prior physician put me through 2 rounds of oral Prednisone to try and calm my immune system with no problems. My doctor here doesn't think so either. Thinks my reaction was probably one of the 2 other agents in the injections, but I can't prove it without testing. In the meantime (back at the ranch) the nuerologist is concerned with two issues. Obviously would like to know what the tumor is about and concerned my central nervous system is suffering from what they call a paraneoplastic syndrome. That's a fancy way of saying my central nervous system along with the immune system really has it's nose out of joint (no pun intended). So while I wait for the doctors to be doctors, I threw up my hands and said 'that's it!, I'm vaping to see if cannibus can help of any help." If it does, it will automatically diminish or eliminate my nerve pain. Conventional pain pills don't work for central nervous system pain. All they have are medications that help block the signals. I can't begin to describe what a mess I've fallen into here. This is worse than Alice falling down the rabbit hole!! If I knew Johnny Depp were waiting on the other side, that would certainly help. Ok, so I tried medium temp yesterday. Ms. lightweight newbie here could barely keep her eyes open for dinner. I'd say that's as relaxing as it gets. Today I was trying the high setting. I got more vapor but wasn't understanding what I'm looking for. My product grinds well so I would say on the dryer side. I bought a PAX vape for this. I must say for a first unit I got lucky. This is a nice little unit! Great quality and super easy to use. I'm trained to use inhalers, so my only adjustment was not needing to exhale first. But I might mention for those wanting to maximize their product and save $$$ if they fully exhale and then draw their vape, they should get over double the amount. The You tube reviews said that portable units produce a lighter vapor. If users treat the portables like a rescue inhaler, that should help remedy the gap. :)

Fishkybizniz,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom