• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Heart Health and Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruelaid

Hey FC I just Had some quick questions about heart health when it comes to vaping. I used to have an electrical functioning problem with my heart but I had corrective surgery about 4 years ago. I am new too vaping but i used to smoke weed and cigarettes every day I quit cigarettes about a month ago and switched to vaporizing/edibles for day to day use for my chronic knee pain from a wake boarding injury. I haven't had any heart issues since beyond an occasional skipped heartbeat which is normal. Does Vaping weed pose any real threat to heart health besides the raised heart beat and blood pressure? I monitor my heart rate when i feel it being raised bye the thc and usually its only about 70-90 bpm. Although on a few occasions it gone up to around 100. IN addition i have noticed some tightness in my chest on occasion but it has only been slightly uncomfortable at its worst.

Tweek

Would be interested in hearing more about this from those with more knowledge on the subject. That being said, I have read in the past, of folks who have had heart attacks switching to edibles.

Tweek,

max

Out to lunch
Does Vaping weed pose any real threat to heart health besides the raised heart beat and blood pressure?
I don't think there's been enough real data collected on this for anyone on the planet to give you an answer that's anywhere near reliable. From my own personal experience I'd say that smoking raises the heart rate, but I don't find that to be the case with vaping, and I don't see any reason for vaping to raise blood pressure, nor have I ever heard anyone claim that their blood pressure went up due to simply vaping herb.

IN addition i have noticed some tightness in my chest on occasion but it has only been slightly uncomfortable at its worst.
Now you're out of the heart and arteries and into the lungs- different topic.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Now you're out of the heart and arteries and into the lungs- different topic.

Not really. Heart and artery problems can cause tightness in the chest, this I know from experience. (Double angioplasty here.)

I was still using combustion when I had my angina attacks. I stopped immediately and when I was admitted to the hospital, I told the doctors that I smoked weed, about one joint a day at the time. None of them ever mentioned it again. I was not told to stop or that it would complicate anything. It took several months before I was willing to try again, but eventually I was back to a joint or so per day. During this time I was monitoring my BP and heart rate, and I never found cannabis to affect either to any great extent. There are slight increases but nothing that bothered me. I didn't notice any significant difference when I switched to vaping.

I should point out that I had a pretty low HR, even though I was 20 kilos overweight at the time. My resting HR has always been in the low 50s. Amusing story: when I was admitted to the hospital they immediately put me on beta blockers, with the result that at 3 AM the nurse on the critical care ward came running into my room in a panic because my HR had dropped to around 30 BPM. Eventually they got used to it.

Korben

Thrilled
Strictly from a true academic stand point there is not many studies to answer you questions. The best to date is:

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/103/23/2805.long

This is a well conducted study and powered correctly. They do say smoking marijuana is a "rare" trigger but a trigger none the less. It would very interesting to see what would happen if you ran the same experiment with the subjects vaporizing. I would think you would see an increase as well. It may not be as pronounced but I think it would be there. However, I "doubt" the risk is any great compared to smoking a cigarette, eating a triple Baconator, or about a thousand other things. All things in moderation. Vaping greatly enhances my life if there is a risk associated with it I accept them and will continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom