Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

HoffmanT

Trust me, they work just fine:
DGa91bn.jpg

For less than ten dollars you can have 50 to check out from the Amazon link in two days?

OF
Damn I wish these were on Amazon.ca they look perfect!

OF

Order placed :)

Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

And in a matter of minutes, too! Youse guys don't seem to be very big on delays.......I like that and am sure not alone in that.

They're a few cents each in quantity, EBay is full of sources. Expensive tooling, cheap materials, low labor, very high quality. Meant for demanding duty in Science you know.

Best wishes for your continued success.

Damn I wish these were on Amazon.ca they look perfect!

I'm surprised they aren't. Check EBay, a bit slower but a lot cheaper? The magic words are "centrifuge tubes". You want the 5ml size (very common) with round bottoms (not tapered).

OF

thatoneguy445

Trust me, they work just fine:
DGa91bn.jpg

For less than ten dollars you can have 50 to check out from the Amazon link in two days?

OF

Dangit thought I was done spending $$$ now... Just bought these.

Thanks for the pic. These look absolutely perfect for the capsules.

I just wish there were a way for us to share these better! Going to have to try and come up with uses for 45 of these :lol:

daves_not_here_mann

El Peligroso

That's exactly what I am after! Surely someone here will come across a perfect fit one day.

The centrifuge tubes are cool but wouldn't the plastic melt when hot capsules are dropped in?
The PCR tubes in the amazon link are used for a lab technique that requires the tubes to be heated up to ~95 C (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymerase_chain_reaction). The tubes basically go through a cycle of high to low to medium heat. The melting point is apparently ~340 F. The PCR tubes in that link say they are made from polypropylene, a compound that is used in sutures (prolene). Also by the time the capsule is out, it should've cooled a bit. If you're worried I'd look at the msds of whatever container you're dropping those hot loads into (not gonna correct that)

OF

The centrifuge tubes are cool but wouldn't the plastic melt when hot capsules are dropped in?

No doubt. Not really melt, but soften I'd expect. The list of plastics suitable for service at 'vaping temperatures' is very small indeed. Which is why you see ceramic, not plastic, bowls I suspect. And out gassing is a threat, at least potentially, even below melting and such.

I don't see a need personally (I'm in no rush, giving it a few minutes to cool while I reflect on the wisdom of 'doing some more' is fine by me). But, if I were in that market, I'd seriously consider the little silicone rubber 'jars' used with hash, waxes, and oils, like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Bassion-Non-...022590&sr=8-3&keywords=silicone+oil+container

Food grade, and suitably rated for temperature. I just ran an informal test on one, my soldering iron (at 700F) didn't 'make a dent or mark' on one in 30 seconds of trying. That's of course 'spot heating' like a capsule would, baking them at 700F would probably be a different case......

You could stash a few capsules in there if the spirit moved as well? In practice half the container (either body or cap) should work as a place to put the hot capsules for a few minutes to cool?

OF

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
WOW!! Mine also arrived here in the UK today! That is such fast international shipping I can hardly believe it. Other US vape companies must be getting too high in the daytime. . . no comparison!

The capsules look absolutely great, just what you want them to be. And look like they'll last too. looking forward to testing!

I love how quickly HR have seen and now ordered the 5ml containers , they really do rock over there! And thanks to whoever first posted that pic of the 5ml containers :tup: I've ordered them too :clap:

thatoneguy445

I had one of these laying around, bought it last year as an attempted herb chamber but never used it.

Shappy Pocket Toothpick Holder Waterproof Aluminium Alloy Toothpick Box Metal Pill Case with Key Ring, 2.8 x 0.6 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBQW038/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QTibBbNHJR0C1

“Toothpick holder” that can go on your keychain. If you take out the middle part (you can see what I mean on the amazon pics), you can hold 3 capsules comfortably. Plus I like that it’s not see through.

Edit: just to clarify in case anyone is going to get this, 3 caps is the max it’ll hold. You have to take off the middle part because the screw threading makes it too narrow. But, I figure with 3 capsules in there and one in the Fury, that should be more than enough to carry with me

StonerSloth

cui bono?
I'm running my first sandwich capsule right now - finely ground Tahoe OG flower on top and bottom with some GG#4 shatter in the middle. Hoping everything stays dry. See you beautiful people on the other side.

Edit: Performance and flavor were good and I am definitely lit. The resulting capsule was very dry and nearly black, but it looks like a little bit of liquid did make its way onto the top screen housed within the blue silicone seal. I was worried about downward leakage more than upward, so I loaded the oil about 2/3 of the way up. I will try some more loads with the oil a little lower in the pod later.

Last edited:

daves_not_here_mann

The PCR tubes in the amazon link are used for a lab technique that requires the tubes to be heated up to ~95 C (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymerase_chain_reaction). The tubes basically go through a cycle of high to low to medium heat. The melting point is apparently ~340 F. The PCR tubes in that link say they are made from polypropylene, a compound that is used in sutures (prolene). Also by the time the capsule is out, it should've cooled a bit. If you're worried I'd look at the msds of whatever container you're dropping those hot loads into (not gonna correct that)

No doubt. Not really melt, but soften I'd expect. The list of plastics suitable for service at 'vaping temperatures' is very small indeed. Which is why you see ceramic, not plastic, bowls I suspect. And out gassing is a threat, at least potentially, even below melting and such.

I don't see a need personally (I'm in no rush, giving it a few minutes to cool while I reflect on the wisdom of 'doing some more' is fine by me). But, if I were in that market, I'd seriously consider the little silicone rubber 'jars' used with hash, waxes, and oils, like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Bassion-Non-...022590&sr=8-3&keywords=silicone+oil+container

Food grade, and suitably rated for temperature. I just ran an informal test on one, my soldering iron (at 700F) didn't 'make a dent or mark' on one in 30 seconds of trying. That's of course 'spot heating' like a capsule would, baking them at 700F would probably be a different case......

You could stash a few capsules in there if the spirit moved as well? In practice half the container (either body or cap) should work as a place to put the hot capsules for a few minutes to cool?

OF

Hmm. Thanks for all the info. This is why I think the keyring pill holder would be the best. I am searching through ebay to find something nice but they all seem to have large diameter (2-2.8mm) and the capsules would rattle inside of them. Not sure if any plant material would be shaken out. The stealth factor is big fo me as I am in an illegal country.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
That's exactly what I am after! Surely someone here will come across a perfect fit one day.

I've just spent some time looking at metal containers, some with two compartments, on A
I had one of these laying around, bought it last year as an attempted herb chamber but never used it.

Shappy Pocket Toothpick Holder Waterproof Aluminium Alloy Toothpick Box Metal Pill Case with Key Ring, 2.8 x 0.6 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBQW038/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QTibBbNHJR0C1

“Toothpick holder” that can go on your keychain. If you take out the middle part (you can see what I mean on the amazon pics), you can hold 3 capsules comfortably. Plus I like that it’s not see through.

Edit: just to clarify in case anyone is going to get this, 3 caps is the max it’ll hold. You have to take off the middle part because the screw threading makes it too narrow. But, I figure with 3 capsules in there and one in the Fury, that should be more than enough to carry with me
I spent an hour wandering amazon and several other places, looking at metal tubes, mostly pill cases, and looking for the inside diameter. The dosing caps are 1 to 1.1cm and most of the containers are 1.6cm or larger, so they can hold the caps, but they'll rattle around, loosening tricomes and making noise while walking/hiking.(Perhaps I'm being too finicky!) I put some caps in an S-B caddie and didn't like the rattle. These toothpick holders have an inside diameter of 1.1mm, which should be a perfect fit. Right? Regardless, I've ordered three different metal tubes, including this one. We'll see which works best.

The S-B caddies hold four caps. I use the caddies when hiking/biking/skiing. I've rarely used more than two in a day(home by evening) and never used all four in eight months of daily use, even when sharing. So a capacity of three with one more in the F2 could be just fine.

PS edit: Dave's-not-here-mann and I must be on the same wave length. He wasn't there when I started this post, but was there when I posted. Rattles!!!!! Fear the Rattles!

Last edited:

thatoneguy445

These toothpick holders have an inside diameter of 1.1mm, which should be a perfect fit. Right?

Yep! Honestly I didn't measure anything, I just remembered I had this tucked away in a drawer. Happened to be the perfect fit for 3. No rattles!

I'm sure there are some higher quality ones out there, but I think the toothpick holder/pill holder concept like @stark1 has above are going to be pretty useful.

Ouch. These things are HOT when they come out of the chamber. LOL

DO NOT dump these out, hot, into your hand and then drop them in your pocket real quick.... especially outside WalMart as you're going shopping. No big deal but be ready to explain why you dropped your pants in the WalMart parking lot. LOL

Before I went to WalMart, I fumbled with one, trying to remove the cap for an hour. Then I filled it. No problem there. Then I put the lid back on... another hour. LMAO I had to get my opti-visor out just so I could see what I was doing.

Do you have an old blind ass man with arthritis model? LMAO

These things are really tiny.

Totally cool, though.

I packed one really really tight and I could almost get a mouth pull instead of the direct to lung. It took me 2 heatings to clear the bowl, which is maybe why it was so hot when I took it out and dropped it in my pocket.

I am going to try a chunk of hash in one after dinner.

Another winner from the folks at Healthy Rips.

mixchu69

I'm running my first sandwich capsule right now - finely ground Tahoe OG flower on top and bottom with some GG#4 shatter in the middle. Hoping everything stays dry. See you beautiful people on the other side.

Edit: Performance and flavor were good and I am definitely lit. The resulting capsule was very dry and nearly black, but it looks like a little bit of liquid did make its way onto the top screen housed within the blue silicone seal. I was worried about downward leakage more than upward, so I loaded the oil about 2/3 of the way up. I will try some more loads with the oil a little lower in the pod later.
Just some food for thought: with my mighty dosing capsules, i sometimes have an oily lid when i only use flowers (no concentrate sandwich). Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt. I wonder what it is caused by

OF

For guys concerned with rattling it's easy to fix (at least side to side) by shimming. For instance, roll up a piece of 3x5 card and insert it to reduce the ID and make it 'soft'? In similar cases I've also used small diameter flexible tube (vinyl or heat shrink, or even a straw stolen from McDonalds) slipped down between the capsule and wall (only on one side). In one I recall, I slit a piece of Silicone tube lengthwise to make a spring of sorts to slip in first, killing the rattle in that flashlight toot sweet. And for good.

If you can get a tight enough fit there's no problem. But if it's lose because the ID is oversize we can work with that.

Ouch. These things are HOT when they come out of the chamber. LOL

DO NOT dump these out, hot, into your hand and then drop them in your pocket real quick.... especially outside WalMart as you're going shopping. No big deal but be ready to explain why you dropped your pants in the WalMart parking lot. LOL

Do you have an old blind ass man with arthritis model? LMAO

Thanks, great tip! No need for us to repeat that experiment then......

I've given some thought to mass loading since @Vitolo suggested care givers could load a supply for MMJ folks. I'm thinking something like the loaders for gel caps:
https://www.amazon.com/Capsule-capsules-Holding-Dispensers-Reminders/dp/B0781D9QYX
/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1527031490&sr=8-5&keywords=cap+m+quick

It's a set of plates on a spring loaded base. You stack two plates then fill the holes (careful shaping of the lips makes this easy, put a handful on and shaking does most of them right, the few upside down are easy to flip). The upper plate, with the 'funnel mouths' is replaced by one that fits close so there's not a gap for stuff to fall into. Then herb (or whatever) is spread over the open holes with a wiper and the excess swept off. There's a 'tamper plate' if needed, does all holes at once. Then the top plate is removed, exposing the top of the tubes and a plate with larger holes positions the tops above each tube. This assembly is then pressed down against the springs, seating the caps to the correct depth with pegs under each hole. Takes longer to tell the story than do the job.

Or not.

FWIW not only are a lot of gel caps filled this way, but such gang/plate loading is how they make .22LR rimfire ammo. Seriously. It's assembled by hand (not machines like larger rounds) 100 at a time by very careful workers who work amazingly fast. One of the makers does 200 to a plate (don't recall which), some more, but the industry standard is 100 rounds to a plate. The point is this is done in parallel batches, not serially like we would fill capsules. MUCH faster and more uniform.

The plate loading is in the middle of the video.

OF

Edit: Smiss/Flowermate has a neat little grinder/loader for their pods (similar, screw top capsules). It includes a shutter that automatically opens and closes to eliminate spills:

OF

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I got the 50 tubes for $3 deal on ebay. It just takes 2-3 weeks for them to come from China. I ordered as soon as @OF said they fit well. I figured I'd better jump on it before the world's supply got depleted from their sudden popularity. :)

The caps are hot if you take them out immediately. I like to quickly pop them in my mouth, which causes them to sizzle on my tongue.

Top Bottom