Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

OF

HR said leave a note with my order, but there is no space offered to leave a note....

Actually there is, near the end IIRC? There's a fellow a few days back that quoted his excellent note to them. I misspelled mine, or rather screwed up and hit shift so '3 times 5 units' came out '# times 5' or something like that. I know it's so because that note is on both the confirmation and shipping notice to me.......yet another computer getting back at me, rubbing it in. Hopefully they were watching email addresses as they said, if not I bet (since you have record of 'making the time window') they'll work with you to sort it out. Perhaps offering you a 10 unit bonus if you order a second set?

Hey gang, I have a question.

How many of you are going to clean your caps before using them?

Just wondering how many of you plan to clean your caps before using them and if anyone thinks it's really necessary.

OF

I'll probably follow my usual practice and WASH them first. Either put them in the dishwasher with the day's dishes (in the silverware tray) or (since I'll probably be anxious to try I'll wash them in PBW. A much better alternative for such stuff than ISO or other solvents. Cheaper, safer (doesn't burn or explode), safer for the environment (how do you properly dispose of used ISO? Not cool to dump it down the drain or let it evaporate off.....). Great stuff to have around and use (try a teaspoon from time to time in the dishwasher, wipes out the mineral deposits and haze). "Just the ticket".
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

There you go, a whole thread with more than half the posts as this one on just how nifty the stuff is. A one pound jar lasts years and years......how fast to you go through ISO? Amazon carries it, as does 'home brewing stores'. It was developed for Coors to clean brewery plumbing, basically the job we face where you can't scrub well? Made work with the hardest water known to man.

A couple minutes shaking them in a small jar with a pinch of PBW and some hot tap water followed by a good rinse and I'll have squeaky clean capsules to dry off and use. When it's that easy to be sure it's an easy decision IMO.

Does a great job on the junk inside Water Tools, too. Even badly neglected ones (like the one left over from blazing you hide from your friends now?).

OF

Last edited:

Rasputin

Bobcat @ VLife. Le__Bobcat @ IG
I could end up with only 5 for my twelve bucks (the shipping notice/invoice offers no clue), which would still be fine

You are good brother. I noticed my shipping notice was the same as yours so I emailed HR.

8yyy4p.png

o70kt4.png

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I wouldn't had thought of cleaning the caps first but it makes good sense. Although I might just soak them quick in iso and call it good.

If these caps are made as well as I think, I can't imagine how long it will take to use up 15.

I wouldn't think the conc pad would fit inside the caps but I will be curious. I notice the Crafty has this for their liquid caps. The F2 pads fit snug as it is.

All in good time. HR wants to make sure these caps work right and everyone is satisfied first. But they seem pretty innovative and I don't think it will be long before they are imagining all types of accessories for the caps and the units themselves. It was already pretty unique coming up with the bubbler along with the bent stem and the multi-fit wpa.

OF

You are good brother. I noticed my shipping notice was the same as yours so I emailed HR.

Super, thanks for 'sharing' that. Also, hopefully, keeps others from interrupting their holy mission? They seem 'on top of their game' when it comes to CS.....I like that, personally......

HR, while new to me, seems like a very 'up front outfit'. Let's remember they opened this whole can of worms specifically to support us and see were were 'made whole' with what one might argue should have been there in the first place. I don't share that view. A deal is a deal, I bought it with eyes wide open. This is a very 'extra mile' effort IMO. I'm think while they might make a profit at 5/$12 they can go broke at 15/$12. Most makers would motor on after the bucks. A guy can feel pretty good giving his money to such folks?

This (capsules) makes @Vitolo's 'best first vape for serious MMJ users' even better......we hope. No, make that 'expect'? Not in a demanding way, but rather based on past experience with F2 and the folks that bring it to market for us? They've set a high bar (and at a low cost), but I for one, expect them to clear it. This time tomorrow we should all know, Members will be telling us all about it?

I wouldn't think the conc pad would fit inside the caps but I will be curious. I notice the Crafty has this for their liquid caps. The F2 pads fit snug as it is.

All in good time. HR wants to make sure these caps work right and everyone is satisfied first.

The very similar 'pods' from FM use cotton for this. It works fairly well. BTW, bubble hash in their herb pod is a real treat. Easy to clean out the residue while warm. Many of us use a bit of cotton in vapes like Solo/Air/ArGo for concentrates. Some guys go for the Holy Grail (Japanese organic), some lesser grades. Vitolo, ever the leader and sage, pioneered yanking a tuft off a handy Q-tip. I fall in the middle, I steal it out of vitamin jars. Cotton doesn't combust at vaping temperatures.

If you want to fiddle with metal pads I suggest you not try to cut them down. Bad karma there. Instead take a Volcano pad and carefully tease it apart. You'll find it's a single strand, woven into a tube. Like a long chain mail condom. Or a woven 'finger trap' made of very fine wire. Fine means maximum surface area for the mass. Weaving keeps the packing ordered with modest contact and maximum pores. Solid engineering.

So tease some out of the pad, pull it to smallest possible diameter and take your best shot at a square cut with scissors. The idea is to cut the strand as few times as possible, then remove all the roaches. I found pushing it over the end of a pencil a bit stretches it out so the random bits fall out. Your call. I haven't even looked at the F2 pad closely, but I suspect they are similar, if not buy the S&B units?

I don't mess with this much any more, having vapes that do a much better job with concentrates. 'Jack of all trades' sorta thing? BTW you can torch the Volcano pads clean if you're careful. Or replace them, one pad would fill a lot of capsules.

Weekend regards to all, what's left of it. Sleep well, tomorrow the postman comes?

OF

MonkeyTime

Hey gang, I have a question.

How many of you are going to clean your caps before using them?

In the VapCap thread when a bunch of dirty VC's were shipped most people said they would never use a vape without cleaning it first, anyway because many have machine oil or whatever on them.

I have never clean a vape before using it.

Just wondering how many of you plan to clean your caps before using them and if anyone thinks it's really necessary.
Always!

A quick ISO or PBW rinse an RO rinse and into the dryer because I'm impatient.

Before it's asked, I bought dryer mesh bags that were originally intended for the SB caps, but are now used for anything unbreakable. I keep the lint trap and ductwork very clean and have never seen anything a foul after. I have multiple bags so I keep lids separate and such.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
If you want to fiddle with metal pads I suggest you not try to cut them down. Bad karma there. Instead take a Volcano pad and carefully tease it apart. You'll find it's a single strand, woven into a tube. Like a long chain mail condom. Or a woven 'finger trap' made of very fine wire. Fine means maximum surface area for the mass. Weaving keeps the packing ordered with modest contact and maximum pores. Solid engineering.

So tease some out of the pad, pull it to smallest possible diameter and take your best shot at a square cut with scissors. The idea is to cut the strand as few times as possible, then remove all the roaches. I found pushing it over the end of a pencil a bit stretches it out so the random bits fall out. Your call. I haven't even looked at the F2 pad closely, but I suspect they are similar, if not buy the S&B units?

Stoners love to tinker. Although I don't see me messing with the shape of those compressed pads. I use organic cotton with distillate oil in my daily driver, which is a nano. Now I want to find what works best in the F2. Maybe it will be the cotton. I bought a bag of like 500 balls at the local health food store. Only 493 more to go till I need a new bag. One ball might last me a month.

We had non-herbal guests staying for the weekend so I had to put away the glassware and the plug in nano too. It was the F2 to the rescue all weekend. I'd load up the chamber and click on the mp, then keep it in my back pocket. A trip out to the garage or around the yard is plenty of time to take a few hits and pocket it again. Fuck yeah :nod:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
S-B has a whole ecosystem for their dosing caps

The S&B caps should be good, they spent years to develop them. Good on HR for listening to their customer needs and reacting to them quickly.
I missed the HR cap sale (time differences, bent head etc) but no biggie, I will just order them with my Fierce when it is released.

Last edited:

daves_not_here_mann

Maybe whoever has the the key ring case for S&B dosing caps can check if F2 caps fit in there. With S&B products being so widely available this would be a good option before they come up with their own system.

BTW $12 for 5 caps isn't the end of the world but add $15 shipping for us across the big water and this item becomes an add on when you buy something from them anyway. @HealthyRips.com said on reddit that they are NOT planning to supply the only European shop that carries their products (vaposhop) with them in the near future. The 3x5 on capsules was a really good deal and I am glad I jumped on it. I might sell one set to off set shipping cost. I mean "help out a fellow European vaper that missed the deal and doesn't want to pay shipping".

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I do so hope the DC are made from stainless steel rather than brain clumping Al. :nod:

You know, last name Zheimer. :myday: ( alzheimer )

Anyway, thanks to OF’s encouraging note, I ordered the dosing capsules, with a note to
HR regarding their 3x offer. We shall see. :cool:

Last edited:

daves_not_here_mann

Maybe they could have offered..... 3x5 for US and just free shipping on 5 for outside US, maybe next time.:)

I was actually going to ask them for that but you know, more is better. I will sell one set to get the shipping cost back. Well, depends on how I get on with them. Using 2 sets in use and having 1 as backup also seems like a good idea.

Looks like a standard dynavap tube will hold 8 of these new HR dosing capsules.

Correct. I just don't know if the rattle will not make the herb fall out of it. I keep my M in one tube and little brush, dabbing/tap down tool and tweezers in the other one I have. They are just standard doob tubes so you can always shop around for something that fits. The keyring is soooo cool though. Useful in non-legal countries.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Out for Delivery!

At least some of us will get them today. Then some of us can clean, some of us can test in doob tubes/dynavap tubes/centrifuge tubes/etc., and some of us can just load and vape.

Too bad that my mail doesn't arrive until around 4. Its a gorgeous day here in the mountains and I'm going to head out, probably until after dark. But on the next sunny day(probably Wed.), I know what will probably be in the little side pocket of my daypack: F2 and loaded dosing caps!

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
At least some of us will get them today. Then some of us can clean, some of us can test in doob tubes/dynavap tubes/centrifuge tubes/etc., and some of us can just load and vape.

Too bad that my mail doesn't arrive until around 4. Its a gorgeous day here in the mountains and I'm going to head out, probably until after dark. But on the next sunny day(probably Wed.), I know what will probably be in the little side pocket of my daypack: F2 and loaded dosing caps!

Like your can do attitude. Dosing cans, yah Mon! :spliff:

It dosing get any better!

Last edited by a moderator:

daves_not_here_mann

Out for Delivery!

At least some of us will get them today. Then obsessives can clean, compulsives can test in doob tubes/dynavap tubes/centrifuge tubes/etc., and some of us can just load and vape.

Just checked mine, already left Heathrow Airport!!!! Damn that's fast.

Also, someone already jumped on my offer of MAYBE selling one set to cover my $15 shipping cost. good news travels fast, I guess :D

OF

These things are tiny!

For anyone wondering - yes these absolutely will fit in a doob tube.

I can fit 8 comfortably in the Dynavap tube.

Super! Thanks for the news. Mine are 'out for delivery' but this PO can foul up the simplest things.

Good show they're fitting available tubes. Remember, the doob tubes are very easy to cut shorter. FWIW I'm not sure how many capsules you can use between battery charges? I'm sure I could never make the 8 in a DV tube, probably not even half that many?

This brings up the topic of 'power banks' to recharge in the field?

Please, so I can understand....
8 of what can you fit in the Dynavap tube?

I believe we're taking the dosing capsules folks are expecting today?

OF

thatoneguy445

@Vitolo yep I meant the dosing capsules!

@OF I agree, 8 will definitely be more than the battery can handle.

I imagine once everyone gets these we’ll find some pretty creative capsule storage ideas. The doob tube is more than likely uncessarily large to carry just a couple of these around.

Will be fun to experiment!

dodgy_b

Wonder if the capsules are small enough for a Hopper? Would love to reduce that oven size.

Edit: Sorry to crash this thread with GH question but figure Fury 2 owners will have 'em 1st

Last edited:
dodgy_b,

OF

I use a power bank and it works great with the Fury2. Recharges it very quickly. I don't recall if the Fury2 works while being charged or not.

Doesn't seem to, charging defaults over use? IMO even those that allow this do so at the expense of more battery abuse. If it takes longer to recharge than discharge, that's a clue the wall wart isn't able to support it all and the battery is constantly being discharged for a while, then charged again......all at elevated temperatures.

I think there's some fun bank options to explore like this one?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XQTGJ25/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Really tiny, and fresh AA alkalines are as close as the nearest convenience store?

OF

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Well, surprise, surprise!

Order is being shipped, Healthy Rips said to include a note
With the order about the 3x offer when I ordered.

ITEM DESC QUANTITY
FURY 2: Set of 5 Dosing Capsules Quantity 1

I am out of luck? :hmm: @HealthyRips.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom