• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

Feralfarmer

As a spoiled rotten Oregonian I bought a $70.00 ounce (23% OG kush X gsc ) and built a 50.00 rosin clamp press. Fresh pressed rosin on the stainless pad or sandwiched between flower in the bent glass stem (a favorite) completely solves that short battery life issue! Happy New Year

JetTheNerd

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you broke the code first time. It's pretty personal, what works so well for one guy not 'fit the next guy's pistol'.

Hard to argue with a satisfied guy. I've been fiddling around with 'power banks' to recharge in the field. Good potential there I think.
Oh yes, quite satisfied. My wife loves it too.

While the Fury/2 can indeed handle concentrate, which I’ve never tried with my Fury, a friend suggested putting a thin layer of herb under the concentrate pad to absorb any potential concentrate falling into the heater or air path below the chamber. I guess it depends on what type of concentrate is used and how much but the above is preventative for keeping the unit working, just in case. Enjoy! :peace:
I used such a small amount this time but next time I'm thinking about putting some hemp fiber under it.

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
The Fury sounds like an ideal micro dosing solution (using the pods), but I can't seem to find an estimate on how much material (by weight) fits into a pod for the Fury 2. I'd also love to know the same data for the new Fierce, if anyone knows.

Still struggling with the Fury vs Fierce dilemma :shrug:

Right now I use the dosing "cans" for my Haze Dual V3, and they hold between .06-.1g depending on how I pack it, and it vapes fine loosely or slightly packed. So I pack some cans for personal dosing (about .06g) and other cans for sharing between 2-3 people (about .1g).

Now that Haze has gone belly-up, I'm looking for a new daily use vape for my medical needs should my 3-yr old Haze fail me. I was really drawn to the Fierce, but it's a new product and I was just burned (badly) with the Haze Square (it's a gorgeous paper-weight), so I'm reconsidering the "time proven" Fury 2.

Any insights welcome!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
The Fury sounds like an ideal micro dosing solution (using the pods), but I can't seem to find an estimate on how much material (by weight) fits into a pod for the Fury 2. I'd also love to know the same data for the new Fierce, if anyone knows.

Right now I use the dosing "cans" for my Haze Dual V3, and they hold between .06-.1g depending on how I pack it, and it vapes fine loosely or slightly packed. So I pack some cans for personal dosing (about .06g) and other cans for sharing between 2-3 people (about .1g).

Now that Haze has gone belly-up, I'm looking for a new daily use vape for my medical needs should my 3-yr old Haze fail me. I was really drawn to the Fierce, but it's a new product and I was just burned (badly) with the Haze Square (it's a gorgeous paper-weight), so I'm reconsidering the "time proven" Fury 2.

Any insights welcome!
I did a few measurements a few months ago. For each of these measurements I tapped the side of the oven/glass piece so herb could settle but did not tamp at all and filled to top. I used same herb for each measurement so it could be somewhat apples to apples, but every herb will be a little different. Here ya go - YMMV:

Fury 2 Capacities
Oven - .146
Capsule - .050
WPA - .042
Bent MP - .065

Fierce Capacities
Oven - .231
Capsule - .117
WPA - .197
Bent MP - .185
Glass MP - .175

C No Ego

Any insights welcome!

I moved from V3 over to Fury 2 ... sad to see haze vape go down but simplicity of the Fury and capability of easy micro dosing with the glass WPA has me using Fury2 exclusively for over a year... this little sucker is my daily driver and some days it gets used a lot... still going strong no issues ETC... just be prepared to keep it charging when you are not using it and get a battery pack to keep it charged on the go ETC.. fast charging times make it not as much an issue...

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I did a few measurements a few months ago. For each of these measurements I tapped the side of the oven/glass piece so herb could settle but did not tamp at all and filled to top. I used same herb for each measurement so it could be somewhat apples to apples, but every herb will be a little different. Here ya go - YMMV:

Fury 2 Capacities
Oven - .146
Capsule - .050
WPA - .042
Bent MP - .065

Fierce Capacities
Oven - .231
Capsule - .117
WPA - .197
Bent MP - .185
Glass MP - .175
Thank you! Even though I didn't ask the question. But I do have a follow-up if you'll sate my curiosity: how did you measure the WPA and MPs on both? I understand the ovens and capsules, easy enough, but have a hard time conceptualizing how these measurements were made. :peace:

Whisper

@Solomon I also purchased a Haze product, the Square. While I was waiting for the eventual fixes on it, I discovered the Fury 2 and purchased it. I have only used the dosing caps, or the glass stem ( bent one ). I have not dirtied the bowl, by putting anything in it. I think it is ideal for one person, not good to share. But, after the heartache with my Square, I wanted something reliable and easy!! I got both in the lil' Fury 2. I haven't used a Fierce, but, the reports seem good. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with this little gem.
When the battery quits, I'll get another- 1/2 price to boot.

Thanks to @Jill NYC for the measurements.:tup:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Vaporific
I filled the glass pieces, tapped the side so herb could settle, added more until herb was flush with top of glass and tapping side didn’t make herb settle any more.
In the real world, I would then normally give it a little tamp which would push it below top. And then I’d vape it (or even add a little more bud). But since every tamp is different, I wanted to keep the measurements as consistent as possible.
So, in truth all of my measurements are low. If I tamped, I could fit more into each vessel. But again, was trying to be (stoner) scientific.

OF

Fury 2 Capacities
Oven - .146
Capsule - .050
WPA - .042
Bent MP - .065

Fierce Capacities
Oven - .231
Capsule - .117
WPA - .197
Bent MP - .185
Glass MP - .175

I have to agree with you, well don't have to....but do. Generally.

The 'barefoot' (oven only, no stems or capsules to reduce things) are about 1/4 gram for FIERCE, half that for F2. The capsules reduce that by half, give or take, for 1/8 (.125) and 1/16 (.063).

However I bet that the next guy could easily get half that with modest fills of 'light' (dry, typically) herb and a very course grind (with no packing). While the next fellow might just as easily get twice the weight in with dense, damp weed and fine grind?

I think that the 'capsules is about half' rule might be useful, however, since it's relative?
Thank you! Even though I didn't ask the question. But I do have a follow-up if you'll sate my curiosity: how did you measure the WPA and MPs on both? I understand the ovens and capsules, easy enough, but have a hard time conceptualizing how these measurements were made. :peace:

While I didn't answer, it seems to me that measuring the ID and depth of a stem is the same basic task as a capsule? You use the ID jaws (on the back of your calipers) and the depth gauge pin out the bottom respectively to measure volumes, to get capacities you weigh the empty container and subtract that from the weight of the full one (container plus herb) to get herb weight, which is what I've always done.

The larger point to 'how much does it hold' WRT to microdosing I think it's entirely too subjective to be useful. The capsule holds as much of your herb as you load in, or less. No magic, if that's enough for your 'needs' all is well and good. It doesn't really matter the vape, all you can hope for is extraction to the level you take it to (color of ABV?) of any vape.

As another point, IMO @Vape Dr. has a superior scheme with his 'two screens' solution with FIERCE. It holds roughly what the F2 stem does but due to the much larger surface of heated surfaces it potentially extracts the modest load at a faster rate (fewer hits). If I was going to get into such efforts (microdosing) seriously that's where I'd start. Or just haul out the VapMan.......

Regards to all.

OF

Vaporific

I'm assuming there's an explicit mark, detente or barrier (i.e. domed screen) inside the bottom of HR glass/accessories these measurements are being made against. I am unfamiliar with HR glass and don't own any nor have ever used any, and I've read that they're loaded from the bottom. I'm not trying to be argumentative at all, just inquisite. I also don't know how far any glass piece recedes into the chamber on either the Fury/2 or Fierce, not that it would matter that much if you load the glass (first) but perhaps initially folks weren't and loading the chamber and then inserting glass into it - that might change measurement parameters depending on what you're target measurement was, either chamber or glass or, perhaps now, both.

A (bad) exmple would be: overloading the chamber (no tamping - I seldom tamp with my Fury and I do understand material varies by density and grind) and then inserting glass onto it; you've exceeded the chamber capacity and now herb enters the glass realm, presumably with a domed screen for filtration but some may not use one at all. If this is possible then perhaps there's a third (or fourth) category for measuring material capacity here. Of course I could be completely off base without completely understanding how glass is used with these vapes.
:peace:

OF

I'm assuming there's an explicit mark, detente or barrier (i.e. domed screen) inside the bottom of HR glass/accessories these measurements are being made against.

No, bad assumption. There's a glass bottom to the bowl end of the stems with several holes in it that defines the bottom (or top if it's in position) of the load. You can see it clearly here:
https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p34/FURY_2_Glass_Mouthpiece.html

Look at the second image (bowl up), it's half an inch or so down (a bit more than the diameter of the stem).

Here:
https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p24/FURY_2_Glass_WPA.html

you can see it 'about even with the bar in the "H" of the logo behind it in the first photo.

When you use the stem, you generally fill to that point, invert the vape and slide it over so gravity works with you. After a hit or two the load gets 'glued in place' and you can return to normal posture or continue imitating a hamster.......

Guys add screens for a host of reasons but the maximum volume is fixed by HR.

OF

OF

Vaporific

No, bad assumption. There's a glass bottom to the bowl end of the stems with several holes in it that defines the bottom (or top if it's in position) of the load. You can see it clearly here:
https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p34/FURY_2_Glass_Mouthpiece.html

Look at the second image (bowl up), it's half an inch or so down (a bit more than the diameter of the stem).

Here:
https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p24/FURY_2_Glass_WPA.html

you can see it 'about even with the bar in the "H" of the logo behind it in the first photo.

When you use the stem, you generally fill to that point, invert the vape and slide it over so gravity works with you. After a hit or two the load gets 'glued in place' and you can return to normal posture or continue imitating a hamster.......

Guys add screens for a host of reasons but the maximum volume is fixed by HR.

OF

OF
Aha! There is indeed a "barrier" of sorts which is effectively like a glass screen within each glass piece. I hadn't noticed that before. I previously heard of some using the domed screens in concert with glass which is why I didn't think there was a bottom or screen within the glass pieces. Thank you for keeping me honest :). And thanks again to @Jill NYC for the measurements.

Now for those, the HR site has capacity specified for each piece of glass - wouldn't that be fixed by HR too? Or am I missing something still? :peace:

OF

Now for those, the HR site has capacity specified for each piece of glass - wouldn't that be fixed by HR too? Or am I missing something still? :peace:

I'm sorry, I don't follow this. HR has the capacity for each stem on their site? I can't find that? If so, why would you ask us? Can you please 'show' the link where they specify this? TIA.

And, again, capacity (in weight) is too subjective IMO. Volume is the proper way to specify such things, something that does no real good on it's own. FWIW, makers tend to exaggerate such things when they make such claims, saying things like 'holds a quarter gram' (when real users wouldn't load that much, except 'on a bet') since that improves sales?

OF

Solomon

Talk to the Beard

Fury 2 Capacities
Oven - .146
Capsule - .050
WPA - .042
Bent MP - .065

Fierce Capacities
Oven - .231
Capsule - .117
WPA - .197
Bent MP - .185
Glass MP - .175

Spectacular info! Much thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

It also sounds like the Fury/Fierce are not picky about how a bowl or pod is packed. I like that.

90% of the time I am vaping alone for pain, so a small .05g pod would work well for the 6+ sessions I do each day. I am literally surrounded by USB chargers, so I don't think battery-life will be an issue (I even have 3 power banks for travel). Great price point too.

I think I am going to order a Fury 2 as soon as those 2.0 bubblers are in stock again.

Whisper

@Solomon - I think that you will find the lil' Fury 2 a nice companion for your needs. So small, it's very discreet, dosing caps make using a breeze. If you need more of a "power" hit, there is always the glass stem options. Mind you, for small hits in the day, it's a champ. Good luck, I hope you enjoy it.

MetalGeek

Fury 2 ordered. Went with the Glass WPA/Grinder package + the Dosing Capsules. Now we wait. :D

I've been using my Fury since Saturday. The build quality, feel of the product and it's tinny size really have impressed me. I wasn't expecting it to be so small. Operation is a piece of cake. I let it heat for about 30 seconds once its up to temperature, add my flower via a capsule or WPA stem, let that heat for about 30 seconds then start dosing.

Day one I tried various heat settings both with the mouth piece and WPA. Had to stop testing because after about 10 hits I was hella medicated and testing was useleass once baked like a potato. :science:
My daily dosing routine is to take 1-3 small bong or bubbler hits of high CDB strains, either 1:1 or 5:2. With my Fury 2 I've been testing at two temps: 356 and 392 . y focus right now is if there is any major difference how the temps make me feel and how vaping feels vs smoking. My vape hits are about a 10 second draw.

So at this point I have 1 major qustion. About how many pulls can I expect to get out of the WPA and Dosing Pod. Right now it's about 5 max based on the taste and what my untrained eyey sees if I dump out the pod or WPA.

shredder

I've been using my Fury since Saturday. The build quality, feel of the product and it's tinny size really have impressed me. I wasn't expecting it to be so small. Operation is a piece of cake. I let it heat for about 30 seconds once its up to temperature, add my flower via a capsule or WPA stem, let that heat for about 30 seconds then start dosing.

Day one I tried various heat settings both with the mouth piece and WPA. Had to stop testing because after about 10 hits I was hella medicated and testing was useleass once baked like a potato. :science:
My daily dosing routine is to take 1-3 small bong or bubbler hits of high CDB strains, either 1:1 or 5:2. With my Fury 2 I've been testing at two temps: 356 and 392 . y focus right now is if there is any major difference how the temps make me feel and how vaping feels vs smoking. My vape hits are about a 10 second draw.

So at this point I have 1 major qustion. About how many pulls can I expect to get out of the WPA and Dosing Pod. Right now it's about 5 max based on the taste and what my untrained eyey sees if I dump out the pod or WPA.

It would be hard to predict how many hits you will get off your set up. Too many variables. Like the moisture content of your herb, your lungs, and what you prefer. You'll figure it all out soon, just keep practicing.

MetalGeek

It would be hard to predict how many hits you will get off your set up. Too many variables. Like the moisture content of your herb, your lungs, and what you prefer. You'll figure it all out soon, just keep practicing.
That's what I figured. I guess a nice dark brown color and a hits that tastes like dirt means it's done.
Any comments on the temp graph and recommendations from this article. If the tempos are citric it mostly makes sense.

https://honestmarijuana.com/vaping-temperature-chart/amp/

C No Ego

That's what I figured. I guess a nice dark brown color and a hits that tastes like dirt means it's done.
Any comments on the temp graph and recommendations from this article. If the tempos are citric it mostly makes sense.

https://honestmarijuana.com/vaping-temperature-chart/amp/
with enough time any amount of heated air @ least 315 F will eventually vaporize the material.. the hotter it gets past that heat point the quicker the vaporization occurs

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
@C No Ego That is pretty much my experience, lower temperature means more 'pulls'. Higher temps, mean quicker extraction, but, also the vapor is hotter, too ( can be unpleasant, imo ).
Hey! It's fun to experiment:science:.

I also find that higher temp hits (with flower) gives a more sedative high. While my F2 might give you more flavor below 370, those hits can be too racy for me. Even if I'm using an indica. I tend to stay between 380-390 for flower. It starts getting too dark for my liking at 400+. I use 400-410 for concentrates.

OF

I also find that higher temp hits (with flower) gives a more sedative high. While my F2 might give you more flavor below 370, those hits can be too racy for me. Even if I'm using an indica. I tend to stay between 380-390 for flower. It starts getting too dark for my liking at 400+. I use 400-410 for concentrates.

Good on ya, as they say. Testing to determine what results are BEST FOR YOU is important.

I pity the folks that 'read it on the web' and get opinions on what is best to follow. Not because they understand what's going on, but simply because they 'found it on the web' (as often as not from some clown not even using his real name.....).

OF

Top Bottom