1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by reeefermadness, May 9, 2017.

1. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Makes for a GREAT medication administration device in an emergency of any type!

2. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

I went back on the thread to look and it seems I bought mine last march. Still love it. And I've had time to see dosing capsules come out as well as other assessaries for it. Always improving. And since I bought mine I've bought another for my wife, and one for a friend, and two for Xmas presents this year. So I agree, great vape/hand warmer.

Maybe you need better herb, lol. I like the bowl size. Perfect for a single user. I have a mighty, but only use it with multiple users. Yes, some may want a fierce, but both would be perfect for normal users.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  3. MetalGeek

MetalGeek Member

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate them. Once I get mine I'll report back on my thoughts.

ataxian, His_Highness, Vitolo and 4 others like this.
  4. Fogoff

Fogoff Well-Known Member

I received the Fury today
    after a few dry burn / full charge I tried it @200°c
    this lil things rips ! it remind me of the Arizer solo but with a ton of airflow and better form factor
    great vape I'm not disappointed :)

Whisper, bossman, ataxian and 14 others like this.
  5. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Very few users are!

Whisper, ataxian, shredder and 6 others like this.
  6. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

So last night I'm standing over the bathroom sink getting ready to clean my bent glass stem. Somehow it slipped out of my hand, fell into the sink with a loud "T-TING T-TING" and DIDNT break!!! Are you shitting me?! Maybe because the bowl shape of the sink broke its fall, but still, thats a piece of glass surviving a 1 foot drop onto a rock hard surface. THE WEED GODS SMILED UPON ME THAT NIGHT!!!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I bet you wouldn't have 'got away' with that with a straight stem. It's exactly you heard it (it's vibrating rather than shattering) that's a clue?

OF

8. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

@Vape Dr. Do you have a link to the GonG 18mm stem you used for the F2 nod as I like clean glass, I don't like to wait for condensate build up and coat all surfaces to cover stinky steel/wood, there is a reason PP uses glass condensers in his custom stems and it is not just looks.:tup:

ataxian and shredder like this.
  9. Vape Dr.

Vape Dr. Well-Known Member

I do not. Sorry, I made them to the length desired for the person from extra glass I got from a glass blower friend of mine.

ataxian, LesPlenty and Vaporific like this.
  10. Vaporific

Vaporific All who wander are not lost...

PSA: HR site is having specials between now and New Years on Fury 2 (and Force). I may need a new standard MP soon for my Fury which is how I happened upon the special. Happy and healthy New Year to all. :peace:

Whisper, ataxian, hyzenthlay and 7 others like this.
  11. JetTheNerd

JetTheNerd Member

I've been quietly stalking this thread for a bit and finally ordered an F2. It came in the mail today and other than the missing bubbler (messaged HR about that), it looks awesome and I'm excited to try it. :rockon:

I have a couple questions.
    1. What do you recommend I do as far as prep before using for the first time? It's on the charger now. I've read people mentioning that they clean or "burn off" something first. IDK...

2. I have a vape cart with some concentrate left in it. The cart won't work, something seems to be broken. Can I use the concentrate pad and vape that in the F2? What do you recommend?

:peace::love::leaf:

12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

First off, howdy! Welcome to FC, lots of good folks around.....but if you've been lurking you no doubt know that?

Most guys probably wade right in. Many of us, however, are concerned about residue left from manufacture. Fortunately, it's easy to deal with if you're concerned. I recommend using ISO on a q-tip to wipe down the oven (just damp, we don't want it running everywhere. Then, once the battery is FULLY charged (always do so first time before any use on a new vape using this sort of battery) crank the heat all the way up (without the MP) and let it cook. You should be able to smell/see vapor coming off in extreme cases like a toaster or new heater might when new. A session or two (it'll count down and shut off at four minutes) should be plenty for most. Gives you time to wash the MP and the blue gasket and screen. I have a small jar (olives originally?) I use for this with dish soap and warm water.

No matter what you do, the active surfaces will all get coated with condensate anyway. The job then is to enjoy it. Keep the good dry and 'medium ground' going in, avoid packing, try something like 390F to start with and follow the results you like to true enlightenment.

Yes, the 'goo' from your cart should work just fine (don't overload the pad,we don't want runs when it gets hot), only one way to find out and yer the guy.

Congrats on F2 as a 'first vape', a sound one indeed.......but I guess you knew that too?

Regards to all for a healthy and prosperous New Year.

OF

Whisper, SavageCore, bossman and 8 others like this.
  13. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Fierce or FURY?
    What is the difference?

OF, stark1 and LesPlenty like this.
  14. JetTheNerd

JetTheNerd Member

Great advice. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Awesome, I'll give it a try soon and report back.

Thanks again, this is actually my fourth vape. I started with an MFLB about 3 years ago. I got a YoCan Explore after than on the advice of someone at a local shop. (I never went back to that shop... that thing sucked.) Then I got the Dynavap M. Oh I do love that thing but I've been looking for a better portable that doesn't require a torch. So here I am, ready to ring in the New Year with my Fury 2.

Happy New Year to you all!!

15. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Has anyone experienced issues getting the healthy rips site to load ? Waited for these deals I can't see lol. Hope people had a nice nye

ataxian and LesPlenty like this.
  16. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

I haven’t tried, but you can pm them here. I’m sure they’ll take care of you. They’ve been great!!!

Whisper, ataxian, zippy and 1 other person like this.
  17. stark1

stark1 In Memoriam

Personal vape, and session vape?

Just loaded it, bubbler V2 sold out....:wave:

OF, His_Highness, ataxian and 2 others like this.
  18. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Managed to get on with another connection. Fierce incoming lol cheers

LesPlenty, OF, Jill NYC and 3 others like this.
  19. JetTheNerd

JetTheNerd Member

To start off the day, I tried the concentrate pad with some leftover from an old broken cartridge. Wow! It was fantastic. I really enjoyed my breakfast after that

Then we headed to the beach to soak up the sun It was a perfect day I used the dosing caps and took a nice walk Then I just sat back and watched the waves This little thing is my new best friend

20. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Good point.

From a slightly different perspective, "about six ounces" also fits? FIRECE is a bit over twice as heavy as Fury2, something not discussed????

And from yet another perspective, "about a hundred bucks" is also an important difference.

You also get bigger loads and more/longer sessions. Strangely, some folks seem to like that.

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you broke the code first time. It's pretty personal, what works so well for one guy not 'fit the next guy's pistol'.

Hard to argue with a satisfied guy. I've been fiddling around with 'power banks' to recharge in the field. Good potential there I think.

Regards to all.

OF

Whisper, C No Ego and His_Highness like this.
  21. LesPlenty

Or get a Fierce, save carrying 2 items that would weigh???:rofl:

OF likes this.
  22. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Total weight is less, you can easily put it all in two different pockets (how 'pocket friendly' do you find FIERCE?) and you have the option of not bringing the PB when extra capacity is not needed (or stashing it when no longer needed).

And, IMO, Fury 2 is a much more appropriate personal vape. Different for heavier users or groups of course, but I'm neither......and believe I have a lot of company there.

Personal call, but it was thought out and tested.

OF

SavageCore, bossman, C No Ego and 2 others like this.
  23. LesPlenty

I don't own a fierce but I got my wife to get me cargo shorts for X-mas so I can carry a Mighty in one pocket and a Tera in the other while out and about, my F2 only gets used at home...as a carb cap! But I do agree the F2 is a good first vape and great for being sneaky when the need arises.:tup:

His_Highness, OF and Jill NYC like this.
  24. Vaporific

Vaporific All who wander are not lost...

While the Fury/2 can indeed handle concentrate, which I’ve never tried with my Fury, a friend suggested putting a thin layer of herb under the concentrate pad to absorb any potential concentrate falling into the heater or air path below the chamber. I guess it depends on what type of concentrate is used and how much but the above is preventative for keeping the unit working, just in case. Enjoy! :peace:

LesPlenty, C No Ego and OF like this.
  25. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Sounds like a wise precaution if you're not sure. But I suggest a layer of cotton will do 'a better job' being more absorbent, tasteless, cheaper, and easier to find? You can of course, 'vape' the cotton later should any leaks get that far.

OF

His_Highness, paehtod and LesPlenty like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors