1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by reeefermadness, May 9, 2017.

1. OF

OF Well-Known Member

What do you see looking down into the bottom of the bowl, are the holes blocked mechanically? I just checked on mine, which is working well, all the holes are open and you can see a flat surface below them clearly with good light. As I expected, no light makes it through all the stuff on the way to the vent (sometimes a useful tool in cases like this, plugged filters and such).

Anyway, are all the holes sharp edged and clear of any debris?

OF

2. stark1

stark1 What great whites

Love dose l’il caps—for the Fury!

Thank you, @HealthyRips.com. :tup::clap:

But, being tiny, easy to lose.

Having lost one in the spring grass, I took a step to advoid some more being lost:

A plastic cylinder with an ID of 10mm, repurposed, cut to hold 4 dose caps (one preloaded in Fury).

Hoping not to lose more. Easily, and neatly, tucked into a belt case. Walla! ;)

(An alternative, a dosing fob, holds two DC, & one in HR’s tiny Fury.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. Cjisohsocool

Cjisohsocool Well-Known Member

I just shined a light inside the bowl and the holes dont look clogged

shredder, BabyFacedFinster and OF like this.
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Then I'm afraid it time to send it in? Perhaps some part of that 'sealed air path' has shifted? Can you blow air in the input vent on the bottom?

OF

LesPlenty and shredder like this.
  5. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

That's a tough one. I think you need to send it on in to HR for a checkup.

Gather the ranks of your other vapes and choose your wingman vape to get you through the wait time. These are the times that try men's souls. Be strong my friend.

6. Faolan

Faolan Well-Known Member

I'm really liking this fury 2 so far, so convenient

7. VapeKnight

VapeKnight Well-Known Member

Just curious if it's been brought up previously, I would prefer the display be rotated 180 degrees. This would make it easier to see the display for some and allow the buttons to be pressed by finger tips while maintaining better grip instead of having the thumb fumble between them all.

Nephele likes this.
  8. btka

btka Well-Known Member

got my fury 2 today... And like it a lot... big clouds... no harsh vapor even at the highest setting for me...
    fast heat up time... efficient (used less then 0.1g and got 5 to 9 nice vapor clouds...

only cons are: the taste could be better (but yeah it is a convection/conduction hyrbrid and I only used high temps)
    and I did not like the plastic smell of the device fresh out the box...

but I think this is the portable vape already available which will fullfill my portable needs...

I did not expect the fury2 to be so good...

which temps are you using... which temps are ideal for nice vapor clouds and taste... are you temp stepping (at which temp do you start if you do....)

I like the fury more then the crafty I had in the past...

chimpybits, Nephele, AMiA and 10 others like this.
  9. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

Try 340F step up to 350, 360, 375, the taste are so good and you dont believe the cloudy vapor could come out from these low temp:brow:, i will finish it at 420 with water piece at home at night, dosing capsule working so good in this way.

and FYI, if you have vapcap's cap, that is a good tool to fill the dosing capsule:tup:

10. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Battery question: if the li-po battery has a shelf life of 300 charge cycles, does that mean it has 600 cycles if you always recharge it from half full?

I temp step differently each time, usually ending around 420F. I start at 350-355 and the cloud production on those first few draws is INSANE for such a low temp. But then it gets weird, by the time I get to 420, vapor production has dropped off significantly despite my load having plenty of life left. I dont get it. Makes me wonder if the heater is overdelivering at those low temps and underdelivering at the high temps.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    btka likes this.
  11. Faolan

Faolan Well-Known Member

How are you packing it?

shredder likes this.
  12. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

With love, I’m sure...

13. btka

btka Well-Known Member

I also have a question regarding charging is it better for lipo batteries to discharge them and then charge them or doesn´t it make a difference for their lifetime when charging when batteries for example are half full...

I am really impressed from this little vape (fury2)...

14. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

better not to fully discharge.

Nephele, shredder, Faolan and 2 others like this.
  15. TwisteD

TwisteD Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm currently debating on getting the Fury 2 or the ArGo, anyone has both so he can recommend me the best one? I want something portable, stealthy and durable.

OF likes this.
  16. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I have both, but hesitate to make such a subjective call for you. Both fit all 3 of those requirements more or less equally IMO. Durable is always a big question with new to the market vapes. Arizer has a history of excellent vapes with Solo/Air so would probably make a good vape? Then again, ArGo is a new design not using any parts form Solo/Air (except the 18650 which it shares with Air II?). F2 ha a serious price advantage and the capsules are nice/convenient which ArGo doesn't offer.......

OF

Nephele, MonkeyTime, AtomicPB and 7 others like this.
  17. TwisteD

Which one can be used like "on demand" and not always as a session vaporizer?

Nephele, shredder and OF like this.
  18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

OK, here's my understanding on these guys. First off, they are Lithium based cells, same chemistry and limitations at Li-ions with a few small differences. They just use an almost solid electrolyte rather than the flammable, toxic, liquid one in common Li-ions that works under pressure. So the cases are lighter and simpler.

Early on they were really solid, but that meant they had to be heated to 60C or more to work, not very practical...... So now they have a tiny bit of gel electrolyte in a porous membrane that does the work. They also have shorter lifespans, 300 to 500 cycles and worse still from the time they're activated (at the factory) they are on borrowed time. Unlike Li-ions they will die of old age in two or 3 years even under ideal conditions. Perhaps best to enjoy them?

They are safer, by far. And lighter although more expensive to make.

Like their brothers, avoid maximum charges (except the first 3 to five times) and deep discharges (ever). Since they 'form in place' it can take a few cycles to get maximum capacity, a process similar but not the same as with Li-ions (which only benefit from the first charge, the first substantial discharge removes any advantage). Both benefit from shorter discharges (recharging early), giving twice as many cycles if you only go half way.

Except for the first few cycles they follow the same rules?
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/the_li_polymer_battery_substance_or_hype
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
    https://www.genstattu.com/blog/a-few-factors-that-influence-the-lipo-battery-lifespan/

So my advice is to 'treat them the same for maximum life', with the exception of the first few charges. Avoid full charges, and discharges, storage discharged and heat. And stay aware they will die in a few years no matter what you do, so your job is to enjoy them often? Like your cell phone, the battery will die from 'old age'.

I'm enjoying mine at every opportunity and will replace it (or the whole unit) when the time comes. I recommend the same to you.

Neither, or both, depending on your definition. As I said before, it's more or less 'a push'. Both are conduction vapes with nearly identical load size and heater/power potential.

Compared to real on demand vapes like say VM, VG, VC, ESV or Grasshopper they are both 'not in that class' They heat too slow, and retain heat too much to qualify IMO. They are very similar in size and performance. Only one costs twice as much as the other? Either should serve well, nearly interchangeably.

As Mae West said, 'you pays your money and makes your choice'.

OF

Etsu, FabulatorPoeta, Nephele and 6 others like this.
  19. Faolan

Faolan Well-Known Member

While I don't have an argo, I'm thinking the f2 would be closer to on demand with the fast heat up

natural farmer and OF like this.
  20. OF

OF Well-Known Member

If you had one you'd know the ArGo is about as fast. Both are about a minute to solid vapor, although the display on F2 is faster (since it reads heater element, not load, temperature?). Not enough to make an issue of IMO.

Having used both, I just don't see a lot of difference. Either will serve the same basic requirements I think.

On demand means seconds, at least to me. 'Push the button and wait a while' is different? I would also suggest on demand vapes don't usually 'time out' automatically? They are set up for single hits, F2 and ArGo for a series of hits......a session. Either can be turned off early at will, of course.

OF

natural farmer, shredder and Faolan like this.
  21. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Should it be unplugged when it has 3 solid bars and 1 flashing bar?
    What about HR's literature stating it has overcharge protection? Does that change the general rule of not allowing it to reach full charge?
    Honestly its such an awesome little vape that I dont mind this.
    So basically we have to keep the battery level at 2-3 bars at all times and we have 15 minutes of run time between charges if we're following the rules. And following these rules will help the battery last 2.1 years instead of 2 years. Got it! lol (seriously tho, thanks for the tips, I'm going to do whatever I can to stretch my battery life).

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    btka likes this.
  22. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

Meh. I wait til it dies and then charge it overnight. I’ve had it since it launched and I haven’t noticed any battery deterioration thus far.
    I know the battery will eventually die, but it’s a low maintenance vape - I don’t want to ruin that by having to monitor the charging level all the time. Just my :2c:.

23. Vibiojj83

Vibiojj83 New Member

1. I dont know about Lithium Polymer but general battery health says that if you want your battery to last longer than average -
    Don't plug it in while its hot. Wait twice as long as it takes for the unit to cool, then plug it in.
    Don't drain the battery to 0%. They don't like it. Much preferred is 20%, even better is 40%
    Don't charge it to full. Only going to 80% will make it happier.
    Using a slow charger will actually give you more usable battery capacity, but it takes longer...
    If you are going to store it for a while (months) then make sure its at 50-80%
    Once a month DO bring it to 100% then down to 20%. A 2013 paper showed that while Lithium batteries are not nearly as bad as Nickel Cadmium they do still have cycle memory.

3. The rebrands are hard to pin down. I would bet that the Sutra Mini is a Fury 1 because they popped up at the same time and it costs money to retool machines so using cheaper parts becomes time consuming and, well, not cheaper. The other 5 rebrands (yes, there are that many) idk about. But the HR comes with Glass, a Bubbler, and a pad instead of the quartz cup. Thats a $45 value. $150-$45=$105. The rebrands all cost about $85 so if you wait for a sale your actually in the green with the HR (unless you really don't care about accessories). Plus you don't have to worry, oh and HALF OFF NEW VAPES!

4. Put a fine screen at the bottom of you chamber. Those heater holes are small but not that small. Anything that gets in there is gunna burn up but still leave stuff behind and there is no way to clean it out.

Nephele, btka, LesPlenty and 3 others like this.
  24. TwisteD

If you turn off the session either on the Fury 2 or the ArGo do you waste any herb? Or there is any downside if I do this every once in a while if I want to take a few puffs only and not a full session?

Thanks a lot, I'm not sure which one I need!

25. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

If you use a stem on the F2 instead of the native mouthpiece, and pull out the stem as soon as you are done with a session, you won’t waste very much. It isn’t technically “on demand” but it does conserve your herb better than many session vapes. I used to do the same thing g with the Solo and Air, and they both were similar in efficiency. I believe the Argo is the same type of stem, so should also be as efficient.
    My advice, Go with the F2, you will save a little money and be very happy!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors