1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-brand HEALTHY RIPS FURY

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by reeefermadness, May 9, 2017.

1. tgehe

tgehe New Member

Has anyone tried vaping just hash using the conc pads? Does it work or is there another way to vape just hash with the F2?

shredder likes this.
  2. usernametbh

usernametbh New Member

My buttons rattle in their slot a tiny bit but if I hold them still no rattle at all.

ataxian, shredder, btka and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cjisohsocool

Cjisohsocool Well-Known Member

For the last week or so my units airflow has gotten worse and worse, now even with nothing in the chamber it still feels like I'm trying to suck a frozen milkshake. I've tried cleaning multiple times still same. Any ideas? @HealthyRips.com

ataxian and OF like this.
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

It can really only jam up in two places, the MP or the oven. An easy test will tell you which: Does the MP draw well when not on the unit?

OF

Jill NYC, ataxian and Cjisohsocool like this.
  5. Cjisohsocool

Yep no problem at all with just the mouthpiece

OF and ataxian like this.
  6. b0

b0 Cloudy...

Maybe debris fucking up the tiny airpath?

LesPlenty, OF and ataxian like this.
  7. mccringleberry

mccringleberry Well-Known Member

Try shooting some compressed air (use a can with a straw attachment) into the intake holes at the bottom of the unit and see if that helps clear it up.

Ive been concerned about this from the start so I run a fine mesh steel screen at the bottom of my chamber to help protect the inaccessible area underneath from particles and clogging. Dosing capsules achieve the same thing (I only use the glass, so I have to use a flat screen in the chamber instead of capsules). Been doing this since day 1 and all is still well. This is probably one of the reasons they advise against using fine grind.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Whisper, lookhigh, OF and 1 other person like this.
  8. Choices

Choices Active Member

As OF noted and from your additional info, you likely have an obstruction in the air path below the chamber. Not sure if it would work but could one try blowing into the mouthpiece when attached and there is an empty chamber? If you have no success perhaps a burnoff like series of runs with you forcing the heat into the lower air path. If it works see if you can get some capsules to use in the future. I think that would help you from running into the problem again. Just my two cents and many would concur it usually falls way short of that in value...

ataxian likes this.
  9. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I want a new portable.
    So don'f get a FURY 2?

I guess I'll keep looking 4 da holy GRAIL?

Maybe back to combustion.
    My current portable sill function's well?
    Pretty old?

lookhigh and BabyFacedFinster like this.
  10. Joaon

Joaon Well-Known Member

Better get a Fury2 than combustion ! :myday:
    Or wait for his big brother,the Fierce :ninja:

btka, shredder, ataxian and 1 other person like this.
  11. Choices

Choices Active Member

I took my Fury2 and a few dosing capsules on my hike today. No problems at all except the display screen is tough to see in broad sunlight. It is a quality unit. I think the issue is not one to be concerned with, especially if dosing capsules are utilized.

shredder, lookhigh, ataxian and 3 others like this.
  12. b0

b0 Cloudy...

@ataxian my friend, get one and some capsules you gonna love it. Really convenient and easy to use vape for sure. I still can't believe how well this little guy works and you can see in my signature I owned a few vapes (not to talk about the ones I tried but never own)

13. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yup, that would be my guess as well. Perhaps from a very fine grind and packing it in enough to force some down the holes?

I like the 'compressed air' idea (good place to test that airpath isolation claim.....).

One thing sure, if it's been slowly degrading it's likely jammed in 'good and proper'. Perhaps a couple cycles, empty, at maximum temperature, with no drawing at all might help? Otherwise it may be time to send it back for repair/replacement.

Since nobody else reports this, and it's progressive, I suspect it's technique related.

And I agree, @ataxian should put down his beloved Solo and take the dare. I'd be borderline astounded if he didn't jump on board, and big time. You know how that boy can be.......

Once he puts one in his pants pocket, I bet he keeps one there a lot of the future.

OF

14. Faolan

Faolan Well-Known Member

Anyone know where to get the dosing caps? I'd love to use them but HR is sold out :(

15. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Since they sold all the first batch to existing customers, they have none to send to dealers? As yet nobody but them has ever had them, and they are out.

Another (hopefully bigger) batch is due later this month. No need to check there daily, the news is sure to make it to this forum 'at the speed of light'.

OF

lookhigh, LesPlenty, paehtod and 2 others like this.
  16. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

@OF I will keep my SOLO #1 As it still function's.
    I heard positive new's about da FURY2 @steama thank U!

17. Etsu

Etsu Active Member

Hi,

I'm the owner of a fury 2 for about 3 weeks now, and I really appreciate it!
    I orderd it after reading maybe 60 pages of this thread, so I wanted to thank you. I planned to use it exclusively with the WPA, but the dosing capsules are so convenient, even if I use it exclusively at home. Unfortunately, as lots you reported, the standard mouthpiece tastes plastic. Battery life is the only other downside but with a unit that small we can't blame HR, it's a pretty good compromise and it heats so fast I can't complain or deniy the efficiency.
    I can make 2-3 sessions with the same load so it's perfect for microdosing, the size and shape are perfect too.
    WPA is great, really nice taste, but it scratches the Fury bowl and leaves marks, is it the same with yours? Don't know if I should worry about that.
    It replaced my omnivap use for light buzz between the first and last sessions of the day with the mighty. As someone asked, in my experience, I can see more vapor with the fury, but I feel it more in my throat with the mighty. And I get more medicated with the mighty, I can't explain why.
    One thing surprised me, the device gets really hot compared to the mighty (the only other battery powered vape I had the chance to try), I read some of you made 2 sessions back to back, I do it too but I wonder if it doesn't damage the battery. Maybe the timer is set to 4 minutes for health/security purpose. Obviously I don't care about buying a new unit, I care for what I inhale and that hot electronic thing so close to my face, as I know nothing about electronic. Is it the same with other vapes?
    To finish, as everyone mentioned, customer service is top notch, shipping to Europe fast and without issue for those who hesitate. I didn't want to order on Vaposhop because I wanted the free bubble (didn't try it as it looks hard to maintain clean), the SS basket screens, and the 3x5 dosing capsules. And even with shipping costs is was cheaper on HR website than vaposhop.
    So thank you all once again, and thank you Healthy Rips!

One last thing I forgot, it fits perfectly in a 1010 Pelican Case with my material container, the nano black magic MFLB grinder, a brush, the wax tool, and maybe the 5mL centrifuge tube for caps (waiting for delivery).

[TL;DR] Love it, can't ask more for the price after 3 weeks of use. Would be the perfect unit with two things: full glass mouthpiece and swappable batteries. Mighty still stays my favorite (not the same price range so comparison isn't fair), but I use the Fury more and it replaced my omnivap.

18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

It has more or less the same heat to dissipate through a smaller (surface) package. It makes sense it would get hotter to the touch?

I would not worry about back to back sessions, I sure don't. I strongly suspect the 4 minutes is intended to give more sessions with the very limited total battery available. I too usually run two (four minute) sessions per capsule, but not necessarily 'in a row'. I've even been know to start it up and take a few hits and shut it down.......

OF

Etsu, shredder, btka and 2 others like this.
  19. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

The only time I hear a rattle is when I have a dosing cap in the unit. Otherwise, no rattle. I'd contact HR.

I just posted on this yesterday. Yes, the pads work well. I wouldn't put a lot on at any given time. I am fearful of some oil seeping into the bottom of the heater. But with a rice grain amount it works very well. I've also tried smearing some hash oil on a little organic cotton and placing it in a dosing cap. The pads give a bigger hit in comparison for me.

@ataxian I love my Fury 2 as a go to portable. Very civilized, especially with the GSC.

shredder, btka, arb and 4 others like this.
  20. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

I definitely think it’s because it’s such a simple, reliable vape! It’s a No-Drama Vape.

Edit: Piece of Cake Vape.

I hear nothing in mine. You should reach out to HR about it.

Any chance your finger is covering the airholes on the bottom?

21. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I have been checking the FURY 2 OUT & DA SOLO 2 both I'LL get!

F'N VAS & GAS = IFFECCETION in a WORLD or UNIVERSES = CIVILIZED SOMEHOW?7
    GIRL SCOUT COOKIES FROM DA CENTRAL COAST OF CALIFRONIA WAY TOO STRONG HOWEVER DECENT!

22. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

Can`t go wrong Yoda. :tup: HR Fury2 is the ducks guts, especially when mated with my D020-d bubbler. :drool:

Edit; The buttons rattle on my unit when shaking, but if I hold them, nothing.

23. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy FUCK CANCER TOO !

Happens to everyone @Cjisohsocool ...check it out and let us know.

24. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

Have a look at the furys bigger brother, the fierce. coming soon.

@ataxian go for it, did we ever steer you wrong?

Etsu, shredder and ataxian like this.
  25. Cjisohsocool

So I did a bunch of burn offs and tried blowing air but I don't think it made any difference

Now that would of been bad lol no I made sure I was thinking the intake

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors