Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I thought I remembered it being said Edge was compatible with all the F2 gear, but may have made that up... In any case I'm really looking forward to this one, @HealthyRips.com know their stuff, very nice products and truly great service.
I haven’t read that anywhere yet I haven’t seen any technical specs on The Edge other than what HR posted on the Fury thread. The dosing capsules and screens are the same size for both, not sure if the chamber is the same height or not (I’ll wager it is). I’m looking forward to the new screens for better air flow. My Snap’s draw resistance is greater than my F2 so new screens would be welcome.

Here’s what I posted on the HR thread about the new screen type:
As such I decided to clean my Fury screens and noticed that 'one of these screens is not like the other'. I bought the POTV accessory attachment and hadn't really noticed the screen that came with it and I think the mesh screen came with it which is unlike the ones I bought directly from HR or came with Fury (and Snap) mouthpieces. I'm wondering if this is the same screen that will come with the FE, and I think it is. Now that I noticed this it's time for a little experimentation, in the name of science of course...

POTV also sells the mesh screen separately too I just discovered. Hmmm :)

Hope everyone is staying cool.:peace:

Etsu

I was so glad to hear about the edge, almost perfect but still no removable battery. I Hope my fury 2 lasts a couple years more until an edge 2 with removable battery pops! :)
Anyway, I like the fact healthy rips are constantly improving their products!

SixStringToker

Naked member
I like the idea of the edge, but I'm definitely not pulling the trigger until some detailed reviews come out. My biggest gripe with the Fierce is the temperature drop during hits; for me, it can be as much as 30 degrees F. Since it's consistent, it can be worked around, and I've been getting good enough results with it that the fierce sees use almost every day, but I don't see myself buying the Edge if it suffers from the same problem.

Interestingly, my PoV One doesn't drop in temperature anywhere near as much as the Fierce during hits. I wonder if it has anything to do with the dumb sticky/snappy display temperature "feature" that these vapes have where they don't display the actual temperature if it's within XX degrees of the target temperature. On my Fierce, that range is at least 20 degrees F, so if my target temperature is 370 degrees but my Fierce is only at 351, it will display 370 instead because it's within that predetermined range. That snappy range on my PoV One seems to be quite a bit smaller, so I always feel more confident that the temperature being displayed on my One is much closer to the actual Live temperature.

It almost seems like the Fierce doesn't recognize that the temperature is dropping until it falls outside of that 20 degree range, so that if the temperature is set to 370 but falling rapidly, it doesn't start trying to drive the temperature back up until it's fallen below 350 degrees... and by that time, there's enough cooling momentum to carry the thing down to 340 before the software can catch up. My PoV One is significantly better when it comes to this.

If they can't fix the temperature drop issue, then give us a BOOST button that we can press and hold DURING a draw that'll kick the heating element up a notch so that the temperature doesn't drop as much. Hell, make the boost configurable (strong, medium, light) so that it can be tuned for a wider variety of draw strengths. And quit hiding the actual LIVE temperature from us!

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I like the idea of the edge, but I'm definitely not pulling the trigger until some detailed reviews come out. My biggest gripe with the Fierce is the temperature drop during hits; for me, it can be as much as 30 degrees F. Since it's consistent, it can be worked around, and I've been getting good enough results with it that the fierce sees use almost every day, but I don't see myself buying the Edge if it suffers from the same problem.

Interestingly, my PoV One doesn't drop in temperature anywhere near as much as the Fierce during hits. I wonder if it has anything to do with the dumb sticky/snappy display temperature "feature" that these vapes have where they don't display the actual temperature if it's within XX degrees of the target temperature. On my Fierce, that range is at least 20 degrees F, so if my target temperature is 370 degrees but my Fierce is only at 351, it will display 370 instead because it's within that predetermined range. That snappy range on my PoV One seems to be quite a bit smaller, so I always feel more confident that the temperature being displayed on my One is much closer to the actual Live temperature.

It almost seems like the Fierce doesn't recognize that the temperature is dropping until it falls outside of that 20 degree range, so that if the temperature is set to 370 but falling rapidly, it doesn't start trying to drive the temperature back up until it's fallen below 350 degrees... and by that time, there's enough cooling momentum to carry the thing down to 340 before the software can catch up. My PoV One is significantly better when it comes to this.

If they can't fix the temperature drop issue, then give us a BOOST button that we can press and hold DURING a draw that'll kick the heating element up a notch so that the temperature doesn't drop as much. Hell, make the boost configurable (strong, medium, light) so that it can be tuned for a wider variety of draw strengths. And quit hiding the actual LIVE temperature from us!

Does your Fierce have the firmware update? I take long draws and don't experience the heater struggling to keep up.

Your issue sounds like the lazy heater the preorder units had and that's been addressed for a while now, which is why I asked.

Anyway, it's the Fury Edge and not a Fierce Edge so it's an odd preemptive gripe to have since the Fury 2 heater never had that issue. The Edge sounds like a solid upgrade to the ultra portable Fury 2: better battery life, usb-c charging and haptic feedback. I doubt the longer airpath is a significant advantage but every little bit helps so I'm not complaining. And the Fury 2 was more than small enough so the slight increase in length is a fine tradeoff for improved battery life, which was my only real complaint.

SixStringToker

Naked member
Does your Fierce have the firmware update? I take long draws and don't experience the heater struggling to keep up.

Your issue sounds like the lazy heater the preorder units had and that's been addressed for a while now, which is why I asked.

It's not noticeable with slow draws, but it happens all the time with my typical 10-second draw. My mighty only drops a few degrees in comparison. The fierce that I'm using SHOULD have the firmware update since it's barely a month old and was ordered directly from Healthy Rips. I also have an older Fierce that pre-dates the firmware update; the new one very definitely performs better.

Edit: Troy re-reviewed his Fierce after the update and, while an improvement over the original, he still had some pretty big temp swings, too.

Anyway, it's the Fury Edge and not a Fierce Edge so it's an odd preemptive gripe to have since the Fury 2 heater never had that issue.

Well, I'm assuming that the Fury 2 and the Fierce share similar firmware and use the same basic algorithms for controlling the heater core. If anything, the Fierce'd have even more updated code for controlling the heater core since it's the more recent device. I'd love to be wrong about that, but if I'm not, the Edge will likely suffer from the same issue in my hands.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
It's not noticeable with slow draws, but it happens all the time with my typical 10-second draw. My mighty only drops a few degrees in comparison. The fierce that I'm using SHOULD have the firmware update since it's barely a month old and was ordered directly from Healthy Rips. I also have an older Fierce that pre-dates the firmware update; the new one very definitely performs better.

Edit: Troy re-reviewed his Fierce after the update and, while an improvement over the original, he still had some pretty big temp swings, too.

Well, I'm assuming that the Fury 2 and the Fierce share similar firmware and use the same basic algorithms for controlling the heater core. If anything, the Fierce'd have even more updated code for controlling the heater core since it's the more recent device. I'd love to be wrong about that, but if I'm not, the Edge will likely suffer from the same issue in my hands.
Well I can be the guinea pig since I'll likely get an Edge sooner than later. I think the move will be to sell or give my Fury 2 to a friend since it's been the gateway device for all my combustion friends to get into vaping.

I'll keep tabs on my Fierce the next few times I use it. I routinely take long draws from ten to twenty seconds but then I do mostly use it for sharing so maybe it's catching up when I pass it off to my cohort of limp-lunged lightweights.

SixStringToker

Naked member
Well I can be the guinea pig since I'll likely get an Edge sooner than later. I think the move will be to sell or give my Fury 2 to a friend since it's been the gateway device for all my combustion friends to get into vaping.

I'll keep tabs on my Fierce the next few times I use it. I routinely take long draws from ten to twenty seconds but then I do mostly use it for sharing so maybe it's catching up when I pass it off to my cohort of limp-lunged lightweights.

In normal use, you're not even going to see the temperature drop unless it's greater than that sticky threshold amount, which seems to be in the neighborhood of 20 to 25 degrees F; it could be showing 385 F when it's actually dropped down to 366 F.

That whole "feature" seems intended to hide the temperature drops. I can't think of a single reason to display the Target temperature instead of the actual Live temperature when the Live temp is within XX degrees of the Target temp... unless you simply don't want the end user to know that the temperature is not what they actually set it to.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing your review of the Edge when you get it. Comparing nothing but Vapor to Vapor, how would you compare your Fury 2 to the Fierce? For the way that I use them, my PoV One produces similar clouds with a slightly more nuanced flavor than the Fierce.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Comparing nothing but Vapor to Vapor, how would you compare your Fury 2 to the Fierce? For the way that I use them, my PoV One produces similar clouds with a slightly more nuanced flavor than the Fierce.
I use the Fury 2 for vaping out and mostly use the Fierce with the bent stem at home. Both are relegated to sharing situations since I prefer on demand convection.

I've never been much good at comparing vapor quality head to head because I seldom vape more than a few tenths in a session so I never fire up two bowls back to back in my session vapes. Speaking generally I'm not a fan of the Fierce or Fury 2 flavor with the black mouthpiece. With the xl bent stem I like temp stepping the Fierce from 370° up to whatever I need to finish.

My big knock on session vapes is the two for one effect where I'm taking more hits than I do with my Splinters. I'm still into it and not complaining, that's just the main reason I prefer an on demand experience. My second spot for home is an Omni with an induction heater. It's not convection but it's still one hit at a time whenever you want it.

SixStringToker

Naked member
Speaking generally I'm not a fan of the Fierce or Fury 2 flavor with the black mouthpiece. With the xl bent stem I like temp stepping the Fierce from 370° up to whatever I need to finish.

Interesting. I actually tossed the black mouthpiece that came with my first fierce. I've kept the one from the second fierce as well as the one from... the One, but I never use them. My initial impression of that mouthpiece on the fierce was just "meh". The One seems to perform a bit better with the mouthpiece, but it's only a slight bump up from "meh". :D

I use my fierce with either the bent stem or the new glass bubbler 2.0 (without water - I just use it for the extra path length); I love that I can just dip them into my grounds and suck on 'em like a straw to fill them up (just like my vapcaps), then drop them straight into the fierce. For The One, I use the accessory attachment with a Hula Stem XL V2 from Sneaky Pete's (I'm hoping this also fits the Edge):

48473316656_9bf98e924b_o.jpg

I'm REALLY curious to see if Pete's Sidewinder Stem will fit the accessory attachment; it's obviously not going to be "pocketable", but it could be awesome for use at home. Unwound, it's over a foot of stem length!

4a_e71d9d42-a943-4660-93e3-dfaac59d3b6f.jpg

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! Welcome to the FURY EDGE thread! It has been over two years since we first launched our original FURY and subsequent FURY 2. We are now excited to bring you our newest, most powerful, and slightly taller FURY EDGE!

Here are the main features of our FURY EDGE:
  • 100% proprietary - designed and owned by Healthy Rips by Green Curative, Inc.
  • Much Larger 2300 mAh battery - almost 45% larger than our FURY 2 (43.75% to be exact).
  • Kirksite alloy body.
  • Accessories Attachment for various glass attachments & mouthpieces.
  • Vibration Notifications: Vibrates when turned on/off and when reaching set temperature.
  • 5 minute session timer.
  • OLED flip display screen: Hold power button down for 3 seconds.
  • Mesh stainless steel screen on Accessories Attachment and Mouthpiece for better airflow.
  • USB-C Charging (not USB): Faster charging and bi-directional.
  • 3 Clicks to turn on/off.
  • Completely isolated air path.
  • Stainless steel chamber.
  • Stainless steel coil.
  • Stainless steel vapor path.
Of these main features - the following eight are upgrades & updates from our FURY 2:
  1. 2300 mAh battery (vs 1600 mAh on FURY 2).
  2. Accessories Attachment for various glass attachments/mouthpieces.
  3. USB-C Charging (not USB): Fast charging and non-directional (vs USB on FURY 2).
  4. Vibration Notifications: Vibrates when turned on/off and when reaching set temperature (vs LED light on FURY 2).
  5. 5 minute session timer (vs 4 minutes on FURY 2).
  6. OLED flip screen: Push power button down for 3 seconds.
  7. Stainless Steel Coil.
  8. Mesh stainless steel screen on the Accessories Attachment and Mouthpiece (fitted inside the blue silicone seal).
With the Accessories Attachment, our FURY EDGE is extremely versatile. As with our FIERCE device, the standard bundle includes the Accessories Attachment and a straight glass mouthpiece that slides into it. We also offer several glass upgrades for the Accessories Attachment which include a black bent mouthpiece, a WPA (water pipe adapter), and a glass bubbler as pictured here:

fury-edge-edited_orig.jpg

Accessories attachment as inspired by @Vape Dr. See his 2017 post here: Accessories Attachment

edge-aa-white-1_1.jpg
edge-aa-white-2.jpg

What’s in the box:
  • 1 FURY EDGE Device
  • 1 Protective 'Smell' Cover
  • 1 Mouthpiece with Glass Vapor Path
  • 1 Accessories Attachment for Glass
  • 1 Glass Mouthpiece for Accessories Attachment
  • 1 Wall Charger
  • 1 USB-C Charging Cord
  • 1 Stainless Steel Oil & Wax Pad
  • 1 Extra O-Ring & Screen Set
  • 1 Wax & Cleaning Tool
  • 1 Cleaning Brush
  • 1 Tweezers
  • 1 User Manual
Our FURY EDGE official launch date is August 12, 2019.

Price: $149 including the Accessories Attachment, straight glass mouthpiece, and one free gift. Gift choices are: SHRED grinder, black bent glass mouthpiece, or glass WPA. + Free USA shipping - as always.

We sincerely hope you thoroughly enjoy our FURY EDGE :).

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Very exciting! Can’t wait to give it a go.

For those of you who click on the link to see the inspiration for mp - if you hit “reply” on the post, the images will show up in the reply box. (I know many already know this, but just in case)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi All! Welcome to the FURY EDGE thread! It has been over two years since we first launched our original FURY and subsequent FURY 2. We are now excited to bring you our newest, most powerful, and slightly taller FURY EDGE!

• Much Larger 2300 mAh battery - almost 45% larger than our FURY 2 (43.75% to be exact).
  • Kirksite alloy body.
  • Vibration Notifications: Vibrates when turned on/off and when reaching set temperature.
  • Mesh stainless steel screen on Accessories Attachment and Mouthpiece for better airflow.
  • Stainless steel coil.
Of these main features - the following eight are upgrades & updates from our FURY 2:
  3. USB-C Charging (not USB): Fast charging and non-directional (vs USB on FURY 2).
  4. Vibration Notifications: Vibrates when turned on/off and when reaching set temperature (vs LED light on FURY 2).
  7. Stainless Steel Coil.
  8. Mesh stainless steel screen on the Accessories Attachment and Mouthpiece (fitted inside the blue silicone seal).
With the Accessories Attachment, our FURY EDGE is extremely versatile. As with our FIERCE device, the standard bundle includes the Accessories Attachment and a straight glass mouthpiece that slides into it. We also offer several glass upgrades for the Accessories Attachment which include a black bent mouthpiece, a WPA (water pipe adapter), and a glass bubbler as pictured here:

Accessories attachment as inspired by @Vape Dr. See his 2017 post here: Accessories Attachment

edge-aa-white-1_1.jpg
edge-aa-white-2.jpg

What’s in the box:
  • 1 FURY EDGE Device
  • 1 Wall Charger
  • 1 USB-C Charging Cord
  • 1 Wax & Cleaning Tool
  • 1 Cleaning Brush
  • 1 Tweezers
  • 1 User Manual

Price: $149 including the Accessories Attachment, straight glass mouthpiece, and one free gift. Gift choices are: SHRED grinder, black bent glass mouthpiece, or glass WPA. + Free USA shipping - as always.

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

Awesome! Love the black bent glass

Just one question about the accessory attachment, is it possible to also remove the steel mesh screen and blue silicone, so you can insert the glass stem down into the oven to use it as your bowl as in the Fierce (and Fury2 without a sheath)?

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Awesome! Love the black bent glass

Just one question about the accessory attachment, is it possible to also remove the steel mesh screen and blue silicone, so you can insert the glass stem down into the oven to use it as your bowl as in the Fierce (and Fury2 without a sheath)?

Thank you for the question! You cannot use the FURY 2 glass stems with the FURY EDGE accessories attachment. However, you can use your FURY 2 glass stems inside the FURY EDGE chamber without the accessories attachment - just as you would with the FURY 2. We hope this answers your question.

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

sickmanfraud

• Kirksite alloy body.
  • Stainless steel coil.
  7. Stainless Steel Coil.

edge-aa-white-1_1.jpg
edge-aa-white-2.jpg

What’s in the box:
  • 1 FURY EDGE Device
  • 1 Wall Charger
  • 1 USB-C Charging Cord
  • 1 Wax & Cleaning Tool
  • 1 Cleaning Brush
  • 1 Tweezers
  • 1 User Manual

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

How much for international shipping?

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Thanks for posting SneakyPete’s review. He doesn’t like the fact the screen can be scratched - you can put a screen protector on it.

If HR would accept my F2 as a trade in for an Edge I might consider it for the longer battery life. I do like the accessories attachment option too (I have the POTV accessory attachment for my F2) and loading stems is not my favorite thing to do and it doesn’t work well with how I store my ground flower in narrow vials.:peace:

GoldenBud

• Kirksite alloy body.
  • Stainless steel coil.
  7. Stainless Steel Coil.

edge-aa-white-1_1.jpg
edge-aa-white-2.jpg

What’s in the box:
  • 1 FURY EDGE Device
  • 1 Wall Charger
  • 1 USB-C Charging Cord
  • 1 Wax & Cleaning Tool
  • 1 Cleaning Brush
  • 1 Tweezers
  • 1 User Manual

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

Nice! the bigger battery and USB-C are AWESOME upgrades!
Is the new coil bigger than the old Fury2's one?
Are the airpath holes changed somehow?
thanks

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
True,
But it doesn't say what the air path from the intake to the heater is made of.

You are speaking of the holes at bottom that bring in the cool air? Wouldn’t it be the Kirksite alloy body?
Or am I misunderstanding you? Someone who has more knowledge with the mechanics should be able to help you more. @OF you have any knowledge to drop on us?

Top Bottom