Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

olivianewtonjohn

20191028-120652.jpg

20191028-120834.jpg

20191028-015930.jpg

Kind of funny how a vaporizer can be made with ultra portablity in mind (small, rugged, easy to use, consistent, USB-C, etc) yet preform so well in a completely different niche. My biggest gripe with the fury edge is that in order to fully extract I have to inhale at a high rate, my 3D stem might be compounding the problem (since it has more restriction). But this can be annoying when out and about because the vapor feels harsher (compared to the slower extraction of arizer devices). On the flip side this works well with a large, low resistance water pipe and adapter.

I have the WPA but I find a 18mm to 14mm reducer and the stock stem to perform better (lower resistance). Overall it compares surprisingly well with my splinter (yes splinter extracts better and is better suited for the task), fury definitely punches above its weight.

Last edited:

OF

Guys, wait, I don't have my Edge yet :)

From a different perspective some unknown no account has yours? We don't even know who. Only recovery is to alter destiny and lay some money on the line and get the one otherwise destined for someone else?

Regards to all.

OF

OF,
Reactions: BigJr48

C No Ego

FURY EDGE AND ALMOND BUTTER-
goes like this, I've got the almond butter jar open next to me on the couch... mess around with the fury edge right quick,slip and plop it goes into the jar!! I reach in and grab only to slip and further the progress into the brown sludge... now I'm calmly cussing / freaking out OLOL.... after a few cleanings I am almost positive to have cleaned it well enough... has a bit of back burnt peanut toast going on at the moment LOL...

after getting all visible almond butter off unit I used iso and a very small funnel to slow pour into chamber and let it soak down through the airway tube ... first cleaned herb chamber with iso soaked q tip upside down ETC... then the iso slow soak.
do not try this at home
Edit - do not touch silicone ring @ top of chamber with iso as it will shrink the silcone.... that tiny little rings helps hold in the glass pieces if you are using the glass inserts made for Fury2 in this edge unit...

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I used iso and a very small funnel to slow pour into chamber and let it soak down through the airway tube
I did the same to bring my F2 back from the dead (I hardly used it due to draw restriction). I used 99.9% Iso and used a syringe to keep filling the chamber until the iso stopped coming out the bottom honey-colored.:tup:
I also would not recommend doing this while your unit is still under warranty.:myday:

hippogriff

Got my FE yesterday. I've been doing only instant-convection for awhile, mostly Firewoods and RBT products. But the new Firewood is coming out, so I sold my old, got on the waiting list, loaned out my Splinter, and went on a t-break. That has a predictable way of bringing out VAS, and an Edge came up on Classifieds, so...

Even smaller than I expected, no wasted space at all, nicely shaped for holding, small and solid. Super simple interface - big fan of haptic over lights - and surprisingly strong heater, it really does well with fast draws. I didn't have my grinder, it's off w my Splinter, so from the start I just threw in the oils pad to reduce oven size, threw a nug on top, and got to it - impressively even and thorough extraction, as fast as I wanted to go, I'd say that test shows off the Edge's capabilities & ease-of-use pretty well. Now I'm searching for the best low-and-slow setting. I'm only four bowls in, still w the oils pad reducing oven size, but switched to ground flower, 360 still a little faster and darker than I want.

Solid little vape, almost technique-free, thinking I will recommend this as a first vape to friends.

shredder

I'm only four bowls in, still w the oils pad reducing oven size, but switched to ground flower, 360 still a little faster and darker than I want.

Try using capsules loosely filled. And bump the temps as the vapor thins. To me the loose packed caps are convection like. You can get thick vapor using the pads, but I agree with @LesPlenty

You can get a lot of nice hits from a dynavap size load. And you get temperature control without clicks to listen for, lol

I use mine 90% with water, it's like it was made for a small/medium sized pipe. The other 10% would be the 3d stem. I haven't used the old style mouth piece at all.

hippogriff

Thanks @LesPlenty & @shredder. Removed the pad, loose-packed a 1/4-1/3 chamber, now finding really exact extraction. Also passed the Dog Walk Test (can I get shifted walking the dog at a march uphill?) easily, as in while temp stepping 330-350, where many vapes require the most technique. Flavor not quite as good as my wood & glass vapes, but it’s too early to know for sure (using stock glass in accessories mouthpiece).

I’ll add capsules and the bent glass mouthpiece next.

olivianewtonjohn

Thanks @LesPlenty & @shredder. Removed the pad, loose-packed a 1/4-1/3 chamber, now finding really exact extraction. Also passed the Dog Walk Test (can I get shifted walking the dog at a march uphill?) easily, as in while temp stepping 330-350, where many vapes require the most technique. Flavor not quite as good as my wood & glass vapes, but it’s too early to know for sure (using stock glass in accessories mouthpiece).

I’ll add capsules and the bent glass mouthpiece next.

The heater is very impressive considering the size. I also have experimented with packing smaller quantities ~1/4 bowl, then having it inverted on that large bubbler (probably less conduction inverted without a packed bowl). HealthyRips name makes total sense :bowdown::love:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Very happy with my bent stem. I was worried it wouldn’t work as well as the OG bent stem b/c it is shorter (b/c it doesn’t hold herb like the F2 one) but have been extremely happy with the performance. I even take it with me when out and about - which was too cumbersome to do with F2 one.

However, I am ashamed (and maybe a little proud) to admit that since the initial rinse when my Edge arrived, I have yet to clean the stem. Because it’s black, I have no idea how dirty it really is. And you know the old saying... what you can’t see, can’t hurt you (shhh, don’t ruin it for me! :lol:)

Anyone else slacking on cleaning it b/c you don’t see it - or is it just me, my lazy self, and I?

Last edited:

shredder

Very happy with my bent stem. I was worried it wouldn’t work as well as the OG bent stem b/c it is shorter (b/c it doesn’t hold herb like the F2 one) but have been extremely happy with the performance. I even take it with me when out and about - which was too cumbersome to do with F2 one.

However, I am ashamed (and maybe a little proud) to admit that since the initial rinse when my Edge arrived, I have yet to clean the stem. Because it’s black, I have no idea how dirty it really is. And you know the old saying... what you don’t see, can’t hurt you (shhh, don’t ruin it for me! :lol:)

Anyone else slacking on cleaning it b/c you don’t see it - or is it just me, my lazy self, and I?

I mostly use mine with water. The wpa is really easy to keep clean. Every load or two I swab with a dry q tip while it's still warm.

I bought the 3d stem smoke color and it's a little harder to clean. I've been using a zip lock and iso. I'm afraid to get it too gunked up because of the dimples.

I use the capsules and so removed the screen. (Gasket still in place) so that doesn't need cleaning. Works great btw, no Scooby snacks at all.

I've yet to try the native mouth piece. So it's pretty clean, lol.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I've been using a zip lock and iso.
That’s a great idea! Thanks. I don’t have an Edge but do have a couple of Furies and a few clear stems for them which are due for cleaning - and yes I can see what I’d prefer not to see in them. I’ll assume PBW would work in a zip lock too? Don’t have any yet but ordering it soon since it’s more eco friendly than ISO. Weekend regards to all.:peace:

MonkeyTime

That’s a great idea! Thanks. I don’t have an Edge but do have a couple of Furies and a few clear stems for them which are due for cleaning - and yes I can see what I’d prefer not to see in them. I’ll assume PBW would work in a zip lock too? Don’t have any yet but ordering it soon since it’s more eco friendly than ISO. Weekend regards to all.:peace:

PBW would work too....but, the hotter the water, the better it works. I use boiling or near. Cold water in my experience is almost useless. I'm not sure the bags could take the heat I think it t takes to work.

Vaporific

PBW would work too....but, the hotter the water, the better it works. I use boiling or near. Cold water in my experience is almost useless. I'm not sure the bags could take the heat I think it t takes to work.
True, I forget PBW works better with hot water which isn’t good for plastic bags. Agreed. ISO in a bag, in a pinch, is a great idea though. Thanks! Cheers. :peace:

OF

True, I forget PBW works better with hot water which isn’t good for plastic bags. Agreed. ISO in a bag, in a pinch, is a great idea though. Thanks! Cheers. :peace:

True enough, like most chemical reactions heat helps?

I'd suggest putting the bag of 'warm' PBW and water in a bowl or even the entire sink filled with hot tap water. Five minutes or so?

Weekend regards to all.

OF

OF

In what way?
For openers, it doesn't end up evaporating and adding to the hydrocarbons there? Or end up down the drain to cause problems there (being a detergent, it's pretty benign)? Safer too, in that it's not extremely flammable, something we often don't consider.

And cheaper, too. And generally works better. Lots of good reasons on the PBW thread, started by our very own @t-dub no less!
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

Lots to recommend, solvents can only get stuff so clean.

OF

shredder

True enough, like most chemical reactions heat helps?

I'd suggest putting the bag of 'warm' PBW and water in a bowl or even the entire sink filled with hot tap water. Five minutes or so?

Weekend regards to all.

OF

I don't have hot water where I keep and clean my pipes. Pbw works fine in room temperatures, it just takes longer. I generally soak overnight.

It also works good for cleaning stainless concentrate pads. Be sure to rinse well though. It generates lots of tiny particles but they do rinse off.

Don't try pbw on aluminum or titanium though. It etches those metals.

Vaporific

For openers, it doesn't end up evaporating and adding to the hydrocarbons there? Or end up down the drain to cause problems there (being a detergent, it's pretty benign)? Safer too, in that it's not extremely flammable, something we often don't consider.

And cheaper, too. And generally works better. Lots of good reasons on the PBW thread, started by our very own @t-dub no less!
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

Lots to recommend, solvents can only get stuff so clean.

OF
I thought PBW could be dumped down the drain without impact. I could be wrong but that’s what I recall from a lengthy PBW discussion likely on the Fury thread.

Yes, lengthy room temp soaks with PBW, perhaps in zip loc bags, could work instead of shorter ones with hot water which will melt the bag. No matter, it’s good to have options - and knowledge of them. Thanks all! :peace: :peace:

OF

I thought PBW could be dumped down the drain without impact. I could be wrong but that’s what I recall from a lengthy PBW discussion likely on the Fury thread.

Yes, lengthy room temp soaks with PBW, perhaps in zip loc bags, could work instead of shorter ones with hot water which will melt the bag. No matter, it’s good to have options - and knowledge of them. Thanks all! :peace: :peace:

IMO it can. Basically it's going to be food for stuff downstream, one could argue that agricutural run off is already leading to kelp and other issues, but this is very minor. The chemicals fit in what's in the ocean already.

Yes, like washing clothes in cold water, you get clean just not as clean as fast. Whatever works for you is fine way I see it.

ISO down the drain not so much so.....

OF

hippogriff

Edge feels pretty complete w dosing capsules (so screen inside accessories module removed) and bent mouthpiece. Between the two I get just enough "feel" added back to a very technique-free vape. Also liking how it makes cleaning even easier - including the loading area, which otherwise catches a half-dozen little green specs along the edges that need air or a needle to dislodge. At the expense of being able to stir or easily check the color of your flower, I'm ok w that.

Has anyone found the perfect waterproof container for 2-4 capsules? Capsules are each 13/32nd D x 7/16th L (10.5mm D x 11mm L). In addition to best size match, I'm only looking for non-coated, galvanic-corrosion-approved metals (steel or titanium, tho it's extremely unlikely the titatium options that are priced the same as steel are actually titanium). Best I've found:

2 capsule:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MY9JUME

3 capsule:
https://www.amazon.com/TI-EDC-Keychain-Container-Emergency-Nitroglycerin/dp/B07HHXRLPM (maybe, the threaded lid might make this a 2 capsule container)

4 capsule:
https://www.amazon.com/GUS-Original-Made-Stainless-Keychain/dp/B00MY9JR0E
https://www.amazon.com/CIELO-Stainless-Container-Medication-Waterproof/dp/B00D2JKS6M
https://www.amazon.com/TI-EDC-Titanium-Container-Nitroglycerin-Medication/dp/B01LBAJF8A

mariowarner

Hey guys, so I've been happily enjoying my Edge for 2 months or so. But yesterday my weed started to taste slightly off. So I've tested with another vape to see if it was my weed but it tasted normal. I cleaned thoroughly the Edge, but still the same results. The plasticy taste is very recognizable when I heat the device up on an empty chamber and breathe in without any attachement. Did this happen to any of you? Thanks!

mariowarner,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom