Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

OF

the temp STILL DROPS...

Of course it does, whether it's displayed or not. That's the way closed loops work, they literally run on error between the "set point" (target value) and "process variable" (the measure of what's actually happening). If the PV didn't drop with the hit (due to the added heating of incoming air) the heater would never 'kick in', right?

It's by modifying the PID values that it now kicks in faster/harder in response to that drop. This is at the risk of 'overshooting' (going too high in temp temporarily) or worst case 'oscillating' (over compensating then slamming off, then back on too hard........). A fine tune job on the I (integrate) and D (differentiate) parts of the formula.

In your car's cruse control, for instance, the same issues come up when you hit a hill. You want to 'power up' to keep the car from slowing too much, but you also want it to add more and more power if the hill is steeper than expected (roughly what happened with very heavy hits) but you also don't want to get a ticket from the cop at the top watching for cars that go too fast after cresting the hill?

I'm glad it's more to your liking.

Weekend regards to all.

OF

OF

Of course indeed

Fer sure, and lucky for us it is. Otherwise not only wouldn't FIERCE work nearly as well as it does, nor a lot of other vapes, but we'd need to rethink a LOT of science, math, and Engineering.

IMO it's getting 'mighty late' to start that.......good show this fits in with what's already there. I guess we could always go back to dismissing such stuff as magic?

Fun stuff, regards to all.

OF

OF,
Reactions: BigJr48

stark1

Lonesome Planet
What’s the difference between the old, and the updated version?

How much do the pods take for a full load?

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
What’s the difference between the old, and the updated version?

How much do the pods take for a full load?

Here's those exact numbers for the capsules:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/healthy-rips-fury.24408/page-136#post-1340454

(From Jill NYC)

I did a few measurements a few months ago. For each of these measurements I tapped the side of the oven/glass piece so herb could settle but did not tamp at all and filled to top. I used same herb for each measurement so it could be somewhat apples to apples, but every herb will be a little different. Here ya go - YMMV:

Fury 2 Capacities
Oven - .146
Capsule - .050
WPA - .042
Bent MP - .065

Fierce Capacities
Oven - .231
Capsule - .117
WPA - .197
Bent MP - .185
Glass MP - .175

VivaVape

Hello FC vapors, I’m STILL having an issue with HR. Since Feb 28 I sent emails to HR get my Fierce firmware updated. I haven’t heard anything back from them. Is Healthy Rips still doing the upgrades? I’m reading your experiences with the firmware upgrade and I would like to get that experience with my Fierce! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Hello FC vapors, I’m STILL having an issue with HR. Since Feb 28 I sent emails to HR get my Fierce firmware updated. I haven’t heard anything back from them. Is Healthy Rips still doing the upgrades? I’m reading your experiences with the firmware upgrade and I would like to get that experience with my Fierce! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Check the email address you’re sending it to. They’ve been stellar and nearly same-day reply to me on all my inquiries thus far. Their customer service is fantastic & most helpful.:peace:

VivaVape

Hi! We sent an email on Monday, 2/28/19 with instructions to have your FIERCE firmware updated. This email was sent to all the original FIERCE buyers who do not have the update. If you did not receive an email, please contact us at: healthyrips@gmail.com. We are always here to help you.

The firmware update is amazing - the FIERCE is now performing beyond our expectations! We just returned from the Champs show in Las Vegas. We were able to show off our updated FIERCE to many high-profile people in this industry (many you know from this forum). You should be hearing from them soon :).

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi @VivaVape, We always answer each and every email the same day during normal business hours - usually within an hour. We have had a client email us several times with the same question about the firmware update (possibly you). We have answered every time, but it seems like this person is not receiving our emails - maybe check your spam folder or your email address? No worries - we are going to PM you here now with FIERCE firmware update instructions :).

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Siblings?

Feels (to me) more like a hefty father, and small son. YMMV

2n0jvr5.jpg

kakoon

Hi All,

Great device and solid reading on this thread.

My Fierce's display just got lines all over making it quite hard to read (could die altogether?) - did anyone have any display problems and possible solutions? Hard reset maybe?

I live in Vietnam so sending unit to the US for repair isnt much of an option unfortunately.

Thanks ang happy vaping!

OF

My Fierce's display just got lines all over making it quite hard to read (could die altogether?) - did anyone have any display problems and possible solutions? Hard reset maybe?

Sorry you're having troubles. I don't recall anyone having such problems, nor any talk of a reset. Not that I think a reset would fix it.

It sounds to me like a display failure, either in the display itself or the driver controlling it. A hardware, not software issue? The good news is this shouldn't interfere with normal operation (although changing settings could prove a problem.....). Running the display is an 'output only' function. Like turning the monitor on your computer off and having the computer hum along still 'thinking' it's changing the display.

Perhaps someone will have additional insights to offer?

OF

Top Bottom