Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

Sn4Pz

In my opinion, the Fierce doesnt have a problem staying hot when doing a 10-20 second pull (Through the WPA in a dual perc rig, 415F) , I mean how much more air can you possibly intake?

With the straw I havnt experienced any issues with flavor or vapor production

OF

In my opinion, the Fierce doesnt have a problem staying hot when doing a 10-20 second pull (Through the WPA in a dual perc rig, 415F) , I mean how much more air can you possibly intake?

I agree. I tend to 'sip' usually, so I usually use the 'two screen' technique from @Vape Dr. I think most/nearly all owners were of that opinion until they learned there was even more. I had a boss once that said the same about paychecks, guys are generally real happy with the pay they get until they find out someone else is getting more?

I have no doubt that someone, somewhere, can overrun the heater/control. Just not the typical customer?

The unit meets all the specifications we agreed to when we bought it without the upgrade........

In a fun way HR could have played this the other way. Announced the exciting new high performance FURY Turbo model. Maybe even add a 'T' to the logo on start up? Then they could raise the price 20 bucks (or more.....), given us current owners the option of free upgrades for ten dollars (to cover return shipping). And so make a bit of money on the process. Instead they do the righteous thing at their expense.

Of course there are those who think they deserve more, always seems to happen.

Regards to all.

OF

Manity

I agree. I tend to 'sip' usually, so I usually use the 'two screen' technique from @Vape Dr. I think most/nearly all owners were of that opinion until they learned there was even more. I had a boss once that said the same about paychecks, guys are generally real happy with the pay they get until they find out someone else is getting more?

I have no doubt that someone, somewhere, can overrun the heater/control. Just not the typical customer?

The unit meets all the specifications we agreed to when we bought it without the upgrade........

In a fun way HR could have played this the other way. Announced the exciting new high performance FURY Turbo model. Maybe even add a 'T' to the logo on start up? Then they could raise the price 20 bucks (or more.....), given us current owners the option of free upgrades for ten dollars (to cover return shipping). And so make a bit of money on the process. Instead they do the righteous thing at their expense.

Of course there are those who think they deserve more, always seems to happen.

Regards to all.

OF

Didn't know I signed up for an over 100° temperature drop on each rip and a 13 second recovery time after each pull! Please outline the fine print of these specifications you discussed above?

Sn4Pz

I mean, I dont think the Fierce hits the hardest ever. The vape thats provided the most powerful hit was my new omnivap, and that was honestly an uncomfortable hit ( no fat mouth piece yet)

BUT, I think thats something to be happy about. Im glad the Fierce doesnt hit so hard every time that my throat cant handle the smelly and terp rich bud that I enjoy. I think of the fierce as a porch-side sweet tea; its something that you sip and not something that you have to consume at any particular pace

Didn't know I signed up for an over 100° temperature drop on each rip and a 13 second recovery time after each pull! Please outline the fine print of these specifications you discussed above?
It sounds silly but are you outside when doing this? This weather has us freezing in upstate NY, and I would expect some sort of drop in performance, but yours sounds a little more serious.... Any shot you can send it back to HR?

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

What, specifically, did you 'sign up for'?

Again, I think most expected the sort of performance they bought. They got the model specified on the receipt?

TIA

OF

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Always blows my mind when a manufacturer admits their product has an issue but some people still try to defend it and say it has no problems and is perfect :lol:. For a manufacturer to come out openly and say it is an issue means it is ABSOLUTELY an issue. It may not affect you because you take small rips but that is irrelevant.

Sn4Pz

Always blows my mind when a manufacturer admits their product has an issue but some people still try to defend it and say it has no problems and is perfect :lol:. For a manufacturer to come out openly and say it is an issue means it is ABSOLUTELY an issue. It may not affect you because you take small rips but that is irrelevant.
I dont take small rips by any stretch of the word, and my heater is fine. I agree its a problem but thats why I was working to try and identify whats happening a little more with Manity, and I dont think that OF intended to say so either, hes just riled up from Manity :rofl:

Once someone updates the Firmware, can there be an experiment in which an updated Fierce goes up against a not updated Fierce. One empty bowl, one with 15 second inhales every minute, one with 30 second pulls every minute, and then one where a vac pump is set to a 'human level' and suck for a whole 4 min sesh. After every go about cant we put it in a charger that gives information about the cell? Mah, voltage, cell temperature, etc

Would be some very good data for Healthy Rips too

mellcrisp

Because certain people don't want to feel even a twinge of regret with their purchase and will go out of their way to defend the product. Despite the fact that some users may now be sending their units back for a second fix for unrelated issues.

I'm happy with the device. I would also like it to function as intended. The manufacturer literally told us that while they function well enough, they are not functioning as intended. I'm just looking forward to hearing back from someone who sent it in for a "report".

Sn4Pz

Because certain people don't want to feel even a twinge of regret with their purchase and will go out of their way to defend the product. Despite the fact that some users may now be sending their units back for a second fix for unrelated issues.

I'm happy with the device. I would also like it to function as intended. The manufacturer literally told us that while they function well enough, they are not functioning as intended. I'm just looking forward to hearing back from someone who sent it in for a "report".

I cant tell if youre shading me or not, but I think youll be happy to find that Im sending my unit back, Im awaiting the email from HR right now :)

Cant wait to hear back, Once I get it again ill make sure to rip it enought to cool the oven down(or not! If all goes well)

mellcrisp

@Sn4Pz lol no. I'm a little surprised at how fervently some are trying to talk people out of being upset about all this... but I'm also surprised at how upset some people are about it. You don't seem to be in either camp from my perspective.

You gotta report back; tell us how long it took to ship and get it back and the results if you're willing!

OF

@Sn4Pz lol no. I'm a little surprised at how fervently some are trying to talk people out of being upset about all this... but I'm also surprised at how upset some people are about it.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of being upset, just to be realistic? The maker says this is optional. Optional, not necessary to work the way it was intended to?

We wanted a bigger more powerful Fury 2 along the same lines. That's what we bought? AFTER that an improvement comes along. 'Everybody' wants it (for free, of course). All quite normal. Some cite customs issues, no doubt genuine, but this too was part of the original deal (the obvious solution here is to deal with the dealer if possible?). FWIW, I don't think that means they should get a new unit free just because some other vape maker does so. My opinions.

I'm sorry if folks think I'm trying to talk them out of their opinions of what should be, just suggesting that we be realistic in our 'demands'. When the undiscovered software flaw that was 'bricking' units showed up a few times HR got right on it, stopped shipments and quickly fixed all the outstanding units. A real defect that could prevent the unit performing as specified. NOBODY COMPLAINED.

Now he's offering us the very same deal (send your unit in, they will upgrade it and return it ASAP), not to cover a defect but to provide better (potential) performance that the original and we have so much angst?

OF

mellcrisp

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of being upset, just to be realistic? The maker says this is optional. Optional, not necessary to work the way it was intended to?

I mean, what are they going to say? "Shit, we have a third issue, send 'em back"? It's business; of course they are going to say "you don't need this update". And I don't fault them for that.

I'm not accusing you have having some malicious ulterior motive here or anything like that, but it does kind of seem like throughout this thread you're trying to mitigate any negative impression anyone has of the device. That's your right. But your assertion that we got what we bought is not particularly meaningful -- yes, we exchanged money for a product, but that exchange does not explicitly mean we should be 100% satisfied with our purchase. I have experience with a Fury 2... I don't recall there being anywhere near as much "lag" on the temps as I'm experiencing with this device. Nor did that device brick, or have a strong rubber taste.

I totally agree that we should be realistic in our demands. I don't think "demands" are appropriate at all, actually. But saying that no one complained when they stopped shipments or fixed already purchased units is demonstrably false. People in this very thread complained. And it's not like we're the only users of this device. I bought a device that should operate as intended, and we shouldn't have to send it in multiple times to get to that point. You even tried to talk me out of being annoyed that I can't update the device on my own with a series of posts about your anecdotal, arguably unrelated experience. In reality, they probably don't want to put out any proprietary information/software into the wild, which again, I don't fault them for.

I don't think the pitchforks are even remotely necessary for HR. But I do think we have a right to want the devices to function as intended and expected. Only after a complaint about temps did we get a response from HR that that behavior isn't intended... like someone else said, I'm not sure why there needs to continue to be a discussion about it. The device does not function as intended.

OF

But your assertion that we got what we bought is not particularly meaningful -- yes, we exchanged money for a product, but that exchange does not explicitly mean we should be 100% satisfied with our purchase.

But saying that no one complained when they stopped shipments or fixed already purchased units is demonstrably false. People in this very thread complained.

The device does not function as intended.

I was trying to point to the legal issue. We 'got what we paid for'? A NIB FIERCE. No real basis for demands unless you can show the guy who sold it to you (not the maker if he didn't sell to you) made claims that are demonstrably false? That's how Contract Law works.

I wasn't clear enough, yes, many got upset and wanted to know when they could expect their unit to ship. That's not a factor now, right? All current shipments are upgraded. What I was trying to say is nobody complained about having to return theirs for repair (at least that I recall) and for sure nobody 'hinted' they should get a new unit sent to them instead?

Sorry, can't agree with the last part. The only guy who can really make that call is HR and he obviously deemed it OK after testing. And it seems all the units shipped were basically identical to that standard? Do we really know what his intended specifications are? I think we have to trust him when he says this is an optional upgrade (that is not upgraded functions as originally intended). Perhaps not as some owner intended, that's not the metric here....... HR must have been satisfied all the design goals had been met or he would not have released it after testing. His call, not ours. Perhaps not as some owners intended, but that happens?

I'm sorry if folks are upset and dissatisfied with their purchase, of course, but think perspective is needed there sometimes. I think it's a solid, useful unit. One owners should be enjoying.

Regards to all.

OF

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
/

There has been no vape manufacturer/retailer on FC any more expressly concerned about, and responsive to, their consumers than @HealthyRips.com ! Their transparency to the consumer is truly inspiring!

Simply said, they've earned my trust over the years and I think that of many others as well.

Hard to ask for anything more than that, don't you think? :rockon:

/

mellcrisp

@OF you're the only one talking about "the legal issue". And you don't need to agree; HR posted that they have solved an existing issue by updating the firmware. Whether or not you want to listen to them literally telling you that it's not functioning as intended is up to you. It's great that the device functions to your needs, but your needs are not the same as everyone else's.

@Fat Freddy totally agree, their responsiveness is definitely commendable.

OF

HR posted that they have solved an existing issue by updating the firmware. Whether or not you want to listen to them literally telling you that it's not functioning as intended is up to you. It's great that the device functions to your needs, but your needs are not the same as everyone else's.

@Fat Freddy totally agree, their responsiveness is definitely commendable.

Got it, different guys can read it different:

Hi All! We wanted to thank Troy for taking his valuable time to review our FIERCE. We apologize for this delayed response, but we wanted to take some time to figure out why our FIERCE had him “less than impressed with its power”. We were a little confused and disappointed with his statement because we know that our FIERCE heater has more power than it needs to easily and very effectively vaporize your material. Nevertheless, Troy really pushed our FIERCE with his long draws (Mr. Iron Lung) and revealed that a software calibration on our FIERCE was off a bit. To be clear, this is a software issue, not a heater issue.

After a lot of testing and a lot of reviews that didn't 'uncover' this 'defect', this shows up as "less than impressed" and needed research from the HR Team to confirm? I read that as 'it was working as we intended until XXX'. Can't see, 'this is a serious failure, recall is needed' like last time. They already had defined excess power and such. The product got used in a new way, so the design goals changed after the fact, we get an upgrade if we want in a most reasonable fashion I think.

This update is not required.

I read that as 'it will work as originally defined, if you want this extraordinary ability .....' You might easily differ.

What's the old joke about Germans (or whomever)? "That which is not mandatory is forbidden"?

For sure my 'needs' are different, therefore my usage. And that makes my opinion's only useful if well qualified. And even then it's simply a personal opinion. But I'll maintain my use is definitely 'within band'. The huge majority of us who tried it before this fellow Troy didn't find this issue (or at least didn't mention it). An exceptional fellow, literally? Good that adjustments could be made to the PID code to cover it (plenty of power on tap).

We totally agree on HR, first rate. And responsive here to boot. A real asset to the Market, IMO. I wonder what their next venture will be.....

And they support Vitolo in his (IMO noble) efforts by matching F2 for F2 your contributions. That is buy a F2 and ask them to send it to him, and they match it! They send him two for the one you bought. BTW the preferred configuration is the basic unit (no fancy glass stems) and a set of the 'Dosing Capsules'. Our Vitolo will see it gets to into some desperate hands, along with instructions and support. Two someones, really. Outstanding work, you can feel really good about yourself by doing it, and support the cause.......thanks to HR.

The world could use more 'outfits' like them for sure.

OF

Spelaeus

Got it, different guys can read it different:

After a lot of testing and a lot of reviews that didn't 'uncover' this 'defect', this shows up as "less than impressed" and needed research from the HR Team to confirm? I read that as 'it was working as we intended until XXX'. Can't see, 'this is a serious failure, recall is needed' like last time. They already had defined excess power and such. The product got used in a new way, so the design goals changed after the fact, we get an upgrade if we want in a most reasonable fashion I think.

I read that as 'it will work as originally defined, if you want this extraordinary ability .....' You might easily differ.

What's the old joke about Germans (or whomever)? "That which is not mandatory is forbidden"?

For sure my 'needs' are different, therefore my usage. And that makes my opinion's only useful if well qualified. And even then it's simply a personal opinion. But I'll maintain my use is definitely 'within band'. The huge majority of us who tried it before this fellow Troy didn't find this issue (or at least didn't mention it). An exceptional fellow, literally? Good that adjustments could be made to the PID code to cover it (plenty of power on tap).

We totally agree on HR, first rate. And responsive here to boot. A real asset to the Market, IMO. I wonder what their next venture will be.....

And they support Vitolo in his (IMO noble) efforts by matching F2 for F2 your contributions. That is buy a F2 and ask them to send it to him, and they match it! They send him two for the one you bought. BTW the preferred configuration is the basic unit (no fancy glass stems) and a set of the 'Dosing Capsules'. Our Vitolo will see it gets to into some desperate hands, along with instructions and support. Two someones, really. Outstanding work, you can feel really good about yourself by doing it, and support the cause.......thanks to HR.

The world could use more 'outfits' like them for sure.

OF
I'm not sure why you think that users are only taking notice of the issue since Troy's review. Go back in this exact thread and you'll see people talking about the extreme temperature dips during a pull (viewable by hitting the button to increase temp so the screen displays the current thermostat reading again). You'll also find several comments that it doesn't seem to be as much of a heavy hitter as its little brother, the Fury 2. All well before the recent review that prompted the response from Healthy Rips.

I myself have been a little disappointed with the power of the Fierce since I first got it as part of the first batch of pre-orders, comparing it directly to my Fury 2. And I appreciate Healthy Rips offering the free fix. That's top notch customer service. But it's extremely disingenuous to claim that users wouldn't even notice the issue if not for the review when this thread offers plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I'm not sure why you think that users are only taking notice of the issue since Troy's review. Go back in this exact thread and you'll see people talking about the extreme temperature dips during a pull (viewable by hitting the button to increase temp so the screen displays the current thermostat reading again). You'll also find several comments that it doesn't seem to be as much of a heavy hitter as its little brother, the Fury 2. All well before the recent review that prompted the response from Healthy Rips.

I myself have been a little disappointed with the power of the Fierce since I first got it as part of the first batch of pre-orders, comparing it directly to my Fury 2. And I appreciate Healthy Rips offering the free fix. That's top notch customer service. But it's extremely disingenuous to claim that users wouldn't even notice the issue if not for the review when this thread offers plenty of evidence to the contrary.
While I won’t take sides, Spelaeus has a point. I recall reading a few temp drop posts and a couple of underwhelming power posts, but mostly overall and positive with the device. Too tired and bit medicated during a weeklong biz trip to opine further.:peace:

ohmygodimsohigh

This thread is starting to taste funny.

I'm all for sharing opinions and relating with one another, I think it helps us all understand the variations in perspectives and expectations. We don't need to argue our opinions or weave dramatic narratives.

The vape didn't perform up to expectations.
Healthy Rips is updating it.

Like the weaker version? Cool, don't update.
Hoping for more power? Cool, lets hope its fixed.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I didn't notice because I wasn't clicking the buttons to refresh the display after every hit.

It still puts out vapor for sure, and I was using it at max temp more at first. Not sure what the fuss is about. I note over 40 degree drops regularly with my pulls.

I more thought it "tasted funny" that the fix was announced a day or 2 after the review, but I'm certainly not complaining. Now that I notice it's almost a game to see how low I can make it drop. I haven't bothered counting recovery time, but even at 3.5min I can still brown the load to an acceptable level

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I can't wait to hear if the update will turn the ABV as dark as a F2. Good on the early adopters of the Fierce, work out all those bugs so I can get one.:myday:
I live Version2 or higher vapes as it can be a hassle to return stuff, not being from Planet America.:tup:

I like watching Troy's videos because he calls it how he sees it, then shows it!

VivaVape

First off let me say I’m a newbie to this vaping stuff and my Fierce has put a smile on my face and the faces of people I’ve shared it with. I hope that the “Tune-Up”, makes a noticeable difference. I’m sure we’ll hear about it one way or the other. Which is a good thing. One of the main reasons I went with HealthyRips is because of their fantastic customer support. I can’t wait to watch Troy’s updated review on the tuned-up edition Fierce. Let’s hope for the best and we can all be on cloud 9.

zippy

Just had another email from HR they say they testing two types of firmware before they decide which one works best ... I am curious to see if the new update will change the taste signature as the heater stay at set temp more ? Does it also mean there will be more conduction? Sorry I high and thinking :ninja:

Top Bottom