Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Same. Just some feedback for the company. I love the Fury 2, but not sure why i would buy this. YMMV. I don't need a bigger bowl. Making it bigger requires a bigger heater, thus dropping run time. Pretty much the same design as the Fury. I don't want a proprietary battery with a separate charger. And when I need a quick swap I don't want to go the garage for a screwdriver.

Not saying this will not work fine, but it is so close to the Fury 2 that it seems the same just larger, which I don't need a larger fury 2. Maybe if you need to vape a 1/3 gram at a time, this is your vape.

I was hoping for good performance like the fury 2, better battery life with swappable non-proprietary batteries that I can charge with any charger (inconspicuously), and an improved water tool adapter system. The woobbly glass insert that become super hot on one end and spills herb is not that great of design (not that it does not work to get you medicated). I don't mind it being bigger since I would be buying it more for home use - and that makes a good water tool adapter system even more important.

There are other vapes that fulfill those issues in various ways, but to me it seems absolutely reasonable not to want the Fierce if you have and are happy with the Fury... After all a Fury 3 could still come out some day, but the Fierce does resolve quite a few issues many have with the Fury if not necessarily perfect for everyone.

While I have plenty of 18650 vapes and batts myself, I still think the dedicated batteries here sound good based on the reasoning and prices given. I highly doubt a screwdriver is needed to swap batteries from the looks of it, but it also seems like battery life will be quite long as it may not even be needed for normal use to swap on the go... I do like that you have the option of using it as is, replacing when it dies some day, OR buying a couple or more to swap and charge.

The larger bowl also gives more flexibility allowing you to pack more when desired (with groups) OR use dosing capsules/screens to load less (it may also work fine with less loaded regularly as it does in the Fury) so that too seems like a win along with the more glass pathway. Yes this does raise more issues of hot glass with breaking potential, but I am used to that trade for flavor purity at least. As always I would want less silicone and plastic regardless.

I think the one thing I really would've liked to see in the Fierce that we didn't get was for it to be taller than the Fury. And that is purely to avoid the potential for pinky blocking the air intake (a big newbie issue) lol Maybe for the Fury 3 and Fierce 2 or eventual new model! :lol:

Dirtrider

Snacks, seems like the only improvement is the larger bowl (I don't need this) and the changeable battery. The battery change is great even if not what I would have preferred.

It just seems like a large fury to me, which might be good for parties or passing around when you pack the bowl full. Not my use though but might be perfect for others. I don't see much else there different. Adjustable time only save me from pressing the button three times if I want to run it again - hardly a game changer.

The biggest change I was hoping for was the water tool adapter. Look at the Boundless. That WPA is tight and secure - much better. Let's get real, packing the tiny glass bowl and is a PITA and defeats the purpose of a large bowl. Plus, it is wobbely, gets freeking hot, and can just as easily separate from your vape as your bubbler/bong. Sometimes my water tool connection is tighter than my vape to adapter connection but if I hold onto the glass adapter part, I burn my hands.

I don't mean to be debbie downer, I was just hoping for something different and not a big Fury. I love the fury 2 and will keep using it and recommending it, but just providing an alternative opinion that is on is not for me for these reasons. Might be perfect for others, particularity if they don't have a Fury 2.

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Same. Just some feedback for the company. I love the Fury 2, but not sure why i would buy this. YMMV. I don't need a bigger bowl. Making it bigger requires a bigger heater, thus dropping run time. Pretty much the same design as the Fury. I don't want a proprietary battery with a separate charger. And when I need a quick swap I don't want to go the garage for a screwdriver.

Not saying this will not work fine, but it is so close to the Fury 2 that it seems the same just larger, which I don't need a larger fury 2. Maybe if you need to vape a 1/3 gram at a time, this is your vape.

I was hoping for good performance like the fury 2, better battery life with swappable non-proprietary batteries that I can charge with any charger (inconspicuously), and an improved water tool adapter system. The woobbly glass insert that become super hot on one end and spills herb is not that great of design (not that it does not work to get you medicated). I don't mind it being bigger since I would be buying it more for home use - and that makes a good water tool adapter system even more important.

I also have a drawer full of 18650's and generally hate proprietary batteries (actually I have never owned a vape with proprietary replaceable batteries,) but in this case the $20 batteries in question have ~33% more capacity than the 'best' 18650's and 2.5x the capacity of a Fury2 battery. So I really can't put up too much of a fight. Really the only thing I'm annoyed about is that I have to put that charging dock somewhere.

Truthfully I think it meets all of your other criteria though! Really we don't know if the WPA setup will be better or worse than the Fury2 WPA just yet.... And as @Shit Snacks said, a larger oven gives you more room to use dosing capsules to reduce the chamber size back to Fury size of ~0.1 to 0.15. You can always make an oven smaller (within reason of course) but you can't make it bigger. I for one am definitely looking forward to a larger oven :nod:

Edit: just saw your reply to Snacks but I will leave this to avoid confusion :)

Dirtrider

I just saw that HR makes a bubbler. I might order one. Might eliminate some of my issues. I guess I would load the bowl, then insert it in Fury, and then fill with water, then when done, pull from fury and empty water while trying not to drop spent herb on floor. I have a great hydro tube - works great

Dirtrider,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I just saw that HR makes a bubbler. I might order one. Might eliminate some of my issues. I guess I would load the bowl, then insert it in Fury, and then fill with water, then when done, pull from fury and empty water while trying not to drop spent herb on floor. I have a great hydro tube - works great

I was looking at that bubbler the other day as well. I couldn’t figure out it would work without spillage, breakage or burn-age. Curious if it’s easier than it looks.

TITANB324

The fierce sounds awesome! Your interaction with fc community is great!
Few point that would really improve the already great sounding fierce:
-the ability to use it as a power connected vape, a addon that you plug instead of the battery and has a wire that you plug to the power outlet, that addon allows you to use the fierce connected to electricity and give you the convenience of not wasting the battery while indoors/using it while the battery is in the dock if you dont have another battery...
--increasing the auto shutdown feature to be user controlled, the user would have the ability to set it between let's say 1-30m... Gives you the convenience of the battery reserving from the auto shutdown but not the inconvenience that happens when slow users that like to take time between hits and fhe vape auto shutdown so you have to re-turn it up and let it reheat...

Thats for now,i have to praise again HR's cs! If i have any more ways to improve future experience i would definitely would be happy to inform you

TITANB324,
Reactions: AtomicPB

Rasputin

Bobcat @ VLife. Le__Bobcat @ IG
The fierce sounds awesome! Your interaction with fc community is great!
Few point that would really improve the already great sounding fierce:
-the ability to use it as a power connected vape, a addon that you plug instead of the battery and has a wire that you plug to the power outlet, that addon allows you to use the fierce connected to electricity and give you the convenience of not wasting the battery while indoors/using it while the battery is in the dock if you dont have another battery...
--increasing the auto shutdown feature to be user controlled, the user would have the ability to set it between let's say 1-30m... Gives you the convenience of the battery reserving from the auto shutdown but not the inconvenience that happens when slow users that like to take time between hits and fhe vape auto shutdown so you have to re-turn it up and let it reheat...

Thats for now,i have to praise again HR's cs! If i have any more ways to improve future experience i would definitely would be happy to inform you

Welcome to the forum!!!

Many vaporists like pass-thru charging.

I love the idea of shutoff timer options. It's one of my few critiques on the Fury 2.

Excellent points! ✌✌✌✌

Rasputin,
Reactions: AtomicPB

Peacebon3

Just joined FC to share my excitement about this device! Seems to check all my boxes on my next purchase.

Two questions though:
1. Is this pure convection or a hybrid like the Fury2?
2. Will the mouthpiece be easier to clean than the Fury2? I've read iso breaks down the material over time.

Other than that, the Fierce seems absolutely perfect. I will pre-order it this june regardless. (Hopefully it will be available in Europe at this time aswell. @VapoShop )

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
I believe the convection technology will be the same as the fury.
I would not like to see any change in the heating tecnoligy as it is close to perfect for me, just more power for the bigger bowl.
As for cleaning the MP did you try the WPA as an easy clean option.

Peacebon3

I believe the convection technology will be the same as the fury.
I would not like to see any change in the heating tecnoligy as it is close to perfect for me, just more power for the bigger bowl.
As for cleaning the MP did you try the WPA as an easy clean option.

I want my vapes to work straight out of the box, with as little modification as possible. I'll probably get the kit with the included WPA anyway

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Any updates for us?
Its now May. :-)
Hi, Thank you for your question! We are getting very close. We have a trial production run scheduled for the first part of June - then there is a month of testing those units prior to mass production. We should have our testing completed and our first units for public sale by early July. We are currently making the final tweaks/adjustments and will be posting more information about the FIERCE and accessories soon. We are extremely excited about the FIERCE - its performance is exceeding our expectations :)

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

analytika

I don't recall much use of LiPo in the convection vaporizer space, for understandable reasons.

Can you please discuss how you've addressed the significant short risk (with venting of high temperature gas & fluids) in LiPo batteries after even a minor impact (drop/accident), the severity of which I understand is elevated using cells with high amp drain, as required for a convection vaporizer application?

Do you recommend at a minimum the safe disposal of the battery pack after dropping the unit? Do you have any built in diagnostics that monitor and assess impact damage and risks to the battery? Are you using the newer style LiPo electrolytes that bias toward venting smoke/gases verses hot fluids upon a short?

Last edited:

mfw0mb

Dr. Octagon
skipped out on the fury because of the battery size, and like the looks of this. Going to keep an eye on this one for sure...

mfw0mb,

analytika

Because of my love for the Fury 2, I have my eye on this Fierce thingamajigger. If the same basic formula is followed I can't see how this vape won't be a winner.

:nod:

The most significant difference between lithium-ion and lithium-polymer batteries is the chemical electrolyte between their positive and negative electrodes. In Li-Po batteries it isn’t a liquid. Instead, Li-Po technology uses one of three forms: a dry solid, which was largely phased out during the prototype years of lithium polymer batteries; a porous chemical compound; or, a gel-like electrolyte. The most popular among these is the last one, which is the type of battery you’ll find in newer laptop computers and electric cars. The catch is that plenty of companies are not actually selling you a true Li-Po battery, instead it’s a lithium-ion polymer battery, or a Li-ion in a more flexible casing.

http://blog.ravpower.com/2017/06/lithium-ion-vs-lithium-polymer-batteries/
That chart is a jumbled mess of contradictory and misleading information.

But setting that side, are you saying the Fierce won't have a true LiPo battery?

The Fury reports LiPo in its specs, doesn't it? But it's not a pure convection vape, and its power requirements are therefore substantially less demanding. You can't point to it to assuage concerns about the Fierce.

None of your other points touch upon the safety of LiPo in a pure convection vape.

Still waiting for the company to weigh in meaningfully on the short risk upon impact damage, whether they have any LiPo battery damage diagnostics built in, and what are their recommendations for replacement after impact events.

analytika,

analytika

Well, forget the chart then if you dislike it or find it difficult to understand. There were links to two articles (you may have missed) on the topic you can read.

All the information I have found states the li-po batteries are more safe than li-ion because there is less of a chance for an electrolyte leak. So it seems you have it flip-flopped with your concerns of li-po batteries.

:)
What I've posted are well know concerns about LiPo which I hope the company addresses seriously.

Seems that you need to do some basic reading on short risks and impact damage as regards alternative battery technologies.

analytika,

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi, Not trying to ignore anyone - this is a prototype thread. We are still in the final development stages of the FIERCE - we will post specific and detailed information once we have our final product.
If anyone is concerned about our batteries - we do not use Lithium Ion batteries that have a hard shell and can explode. We have medical staff on our advisory team and we have personally seen numerous and serious injuries caused by Lithium Ion batteries. We use safe Lithium Polymer (LiPo) batteries that have a soft shell and do not explode. The only downside to using LiPo batteries is they must be soldered in and that typically makes them non-user replaceable like our FURY 2. We had to get creative with the FIERCE because we wanted the best of both worlds...user-replaceable and safety. Our 'user replaceable' solution was to create a battery pack to house the LiPo battery and add a small circuit board to the pack to communicate with the vaporizer board.

Our opinion
is that we are doing what is in the best interest of our clients and the long-term prospects of our company. We are not going to argue this position - we encourage our clients and prospective clients to do their own research and make their own decisions.
You can read all about the Health and Safety of our vaporizer on our website: https://www.healthyrips.com/health.html

From our website:
All of our vaporizers undergo all of the rigorous testing listed here:
1. Wire tension test Coating adhesion test Cosmetics-resistant test
2. High temperature storage test Cryogenic storage test
3. Cryogenic drop test
4. Cryogenic storage bending test
5. High and low temperature exchange test
6. Salt spray test Defective test
7. Battery protections: Low voltage protection, Over voltage protection, Over current protection, Short circuit protection, Open circuit protection, Overheat protection, Reset protection, Lithium Polymer battery overcharge & over-discharge protection.
8. Static battery test
9. Button life test Switch life test
10. USB plug/unplug life test
11. Vaporizer dropping test
12. Carton dropping test
13. Simulation of transport drop test
14. Wire bending life test
15. Assembly and disassembly life test

All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Can you please discuss how you've addressed the significant short risk (with venting of high temperature gas & fluids) in LiPo batteries after even a minor impact (drop/accident), the severity of which I understand is elevated using cells with high amp drain, as required for a convection vaporizer application?

Do you recommend at a minimum the safe disposal of the battery pack after dropping the unit? Do you have any built in diagnostics that monitor and assess impact damage and risks to the battery? Are you using the newer style LiPo electrolytes that bias toward venting smoke/gases verses hot fluids upon a short?
Can you shed some light about this "significant short risk/venting" that you refer to here? I'm no battery expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I do know that I use LiPo batteries in my drones and I crash those fuckers hard all the time. I was led to believe that LiPo's are used with drones because they are safe even when taking abuse. You seem to imply the opposite, so I'd appreciate it if you can point me in the direction of data to the contrary.

:peace:

Top Bottom