Discontinued Healthy Rips FIERCE

elykpeace

exVASted
@elykpeace that makes sense. I've used an F2 that definitely didn't have a noticeable plastic taste. My Fierce is undeniably losing that flavor, though whether or not the source is the silicone I can't say. I'm honestly starting to think it's the rubber grip material.
just felt like i was crazy for a while and dont want anyone else to feel they have some crazies. i still smell it sometimes and my fury has been in my line up for well over a year. some of my buddies notice it and others dont. airpath is isolated like they all say so its not worrysome for me as far as my health just my personal preference. im sure the fierce is as good as they say

vape on brother

undies knows what im talking about :tup:

C No Ego

@elykpeace that makes sense. I've used an F2 that definitely didn't have a noticeable plastic taste. My Fierce is undeniably losing that flavor, though whether or not the source is the silicone I can't say. I'm honestly starting to think it's the rubber grip material.
fury 2 owner here... never a smell @ all since day one out of the box... I'm sensitive to smells too

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Mine is fine, but I got the "updated" one from HR directly.

I do get some slight stank, and vapor coming out the bottom if I hold it upside down while heating up, which I do sometimes since I'm paranoid of stuff falling on the screen if I'm packing the stem... Not sure if it's just crumb somewhere causing this or what.

Anyway... I still like mine pretty well... but, would really like some of those dimpled cooling stems in the short or even curved options if it were even possible. Everyone's doing it so fuck it rite m8s? The vapor isn't terribly harsh or dry but now, whether due to time, or my allergies or etc... I typically will have a cough fit at max temps even w bent stem.

Anyway I'm baked and rambling so cheers and goodnight folks

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I put together a review video for the Fierce

It's a great value at 220, but I'm less than impressed by it's power

Nice intro Troy. The music and graphics are great and I like how short it is so you get right back to business. Nice work on the review as always.

The dipping heater temp is a factor for sure. One approach is to use it at higher temps to start with since it isn't harsh with the bent glass stem. Like if 380 is really 350 after a ten second draw then just vape at 410 and it'll always be trying to reheat beyond the temp you prefer for extraction.

It's surely related to the limitations of the heater but a real silver lining for me is that the wimpy heater makes it more pleasant to use through the whole range of temps. I also like the wpa at max temp with a D020-d.

ohmygodimsohigh

Nice intro Troy. The music and graphics are great and I like how short it is so you get right back to business. Nice work on the review as always.

The dipping heater temp is a factor for sure. One approach is to use it at higher temps to start with since it isn't harsh with the bent glass stem. Like if 380 is really 350 after a ten second draw then just vape at 410 and it'll always be trying to reheat beyond the temp you prefer for extraction.

It's surely related to the limitations of the heater but a real silver lining for me is that the wimpy heater makes it more pleasant to use through the whole range of temps. I also like the wpa at max temp with a D020-d.

Thank you much! I try to plan a bit, knowing that I'm a rambling stoner at times.
The intro animation was done by a community member and fan! I believe he's since made a new intro for the vape critic.

Great points about the Fierce heater and the starting point. It's very true that the vapor isn't harsh, even starting at 428. I'm going to do that for my next Fierce sessions and see how it goes.

I should have used the WPA in the video but I ran out of steam.
I started the video wearing a different shirt. Shot half of the video. Changed shirts. Started over.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! We wanted to thank Troy for taking his valuable time to review our FIERCE. We apologize for this delayed response, but we wanted to take some time to figure out why our FIERCE had him “less than impressed with its power”. We were a little confused and disappointed with his statement because we know that our FIERCE heater has more power than it needs to easily and very effectively vaporize your material. Nevertheless, Troy really pushed our FIERCE with his long draws (Mr. Iron Lung) and revealed that a software calibration on our FIERCE was off a bit. To be clear, this is a software issue, not a heater issue.

The software was not optimized to allow the heater to recover quickly enough to keep up with very long draws. The good news is that we have already rewritten a new version of the software and have it ready to update all of the FIERCE units through the USB-C port. With this update, the FIERCE does not lose temperature and performs exactly the same as our FURY 2. We are going to take a few days to test this software update to ensure that there aren't any further issues. We will then be updating all of our FIERCE devices in our stock, and offering this free software update to all current FIERCE owners. We will begin updating the software by next Wednesday or Thursday. If you have placed a FIERCE order today, or will be ordering one in the next few days, we will be shipping your FIERCE at that time with the software updated.

This update is not required. However, if you are already an owner, (and we can manage to pry your FIERCE from your hands for a few days) we will be happy to upgrade your software. Please contact us, and we will email you instructions on how to ship your device to us for this software update: healthyrips@gmail.com.

We obviously would have preferred our FIERCE to have been flawless from day one, but some details simply do not materialize until they are intensely used by the masses. We want to thank all of you in advance for your patience and understanding as we are perfecting our FIERCE for the years to come.

Here is a video showing one of our FIERCE devices that has the software update. Notice how there is no temperature drop and how quickly the heater responds when clicking up the temperature:

Have a wonderful weekend!
Healthy Rips Team
https://www.healthyrips.com

Hi All! We wanted to thank Troy for taking his valuable time to review our FIERCE. We apologize for this delayed response, but we wanted to take some time to figure out why our FIERCE had him “less than impressed with its power”. We were a little confused and disappointed with his statement because we know that our FIERCE heater has more power than it needs to easily and very effectively vaporize your material. Nevertheless, Troy really pushed our FIERCE with his long draws (Mr. Iron Lung) and revealed that a software calibration on our FIERCE was off a bit. To be clear, this is a software issue, not a heater issue.

The software was not optimized to allow the heater to recover quickly enough to keep up with very long draws. The good news is that we have already rewritten a new version of the software and have it ready to update all of the FIERCE units through the USB-C port. With this update, the FIERCE does not lose temperature and performs exactly the same as our FURY 2. We are going to take a few days to test this software update to ensure that there aren't any further issues. We will then be updating all of our FIERCE devices in our stock, and offering this free software update to all current FIERCE owners. We will begin updating the software by next Wednesday or Thursday. If you have placed a FIERCE order today, or will be ordering one in the next few days, we will be shipping your FIERCE at that time with the software updated.

This update is not required. However, if you are already an owner, (and we can manage to pry your FIERCE from your hands for a few days) we will be happy to upgrade your software. Please contact us, and we will email you instructions on how to ship your device to us for this software update: healthyrips@gmail.com.

We obviously would have preferred our FIERCE to have been flawless from day one, but some details simply do not materialize until they are intensely used by the masses. We want to thank all of you in advance for your patience and understanding as we are perfecting our FIERCE for the years to come.

Here is a video showing one of our FIERCE devices that has the software update. Notice how there is no temperature drop and how quickly the heater responds when clicking up the temperature:

Healthy Rips Team
I do not know if you can pry the Fierce from my hands for a few days! I love the Fierce!

Manity

I'm in Canada... How does that work? I've also got an issue when swapping batteries... The unit doesn't always recognize the battery. I have to play with it and I had to add some tape to the underside of the battery door for the batteries to be recognized.

Besides those small issues this vape is a very good unit. So far I'm happy.

What could be better? The battery door! If you're swapping batteries like me it's a pain if you're mobile. The temperature drop on mine was moderate on long draws but the vape taste and vapor quality is good. The dosing capsules are a must and the glass attachments are all fantastic.

mellcrisp

Healthy Rips Team

Great news! Will we be able to update the software on our own?

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep

MonkeyTime

I love it when a good thing gets better!

I've been very happy with my Fierce. I love the capsules, just wish they were a bit cheaper. I'd like to have a lot of them. They make this a very convenient vape, and with three batteries and lets say 40-50 capsules, a few mouthpieces make this a complete weekend.

I've had an issue with batteries being changed and not being recognized. It's only happened a couple of times, and each time it was fairly cold out, so I'm not pointing fingers on that one.

Other than that, it's been the temp drop on my normal hits that are the only other thing I could mention. I know I still have my swimmers lungs, but I can take it from 430F down to 370F on a long hit thru a glass, dry mouthpiece or whip without water.

Looking forward to the update, already emailed!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Well, that's nice. Kinda a bummer we can't do it on our own, but I will email and send mine out Monday.

I thought it was normal behavior honestly... Will be nice to see how big of a difference this makes.

I have 2 sets of dosing caps and really prefer to use it that way with the glass mouthpiece.

Last edited:

zippy

Healthy Rips Team

That's good you have a work around , does it really have to be sent back as some boards can be updated at home , well like e cigs etc.. If it does have to be returned I take it the customer has to pay for the return ? Or is it covered by warranty , I also notice quite a drop but I do use it at high temp and with glass , not to bad but can be annoying apart from that it's a very nice vape.. Do you think there will be an option to update at home ?

OF

@John Coaltrain It is kinda surprising though.

Not really, it depends.......... Then again, doesn't it always?

Just because it's a USB connector doesn't mean all the required USB hardware is there. It doesn't have to be USB compatible WRT data while still able to use the power connections to recharge.

I play around with a family of Microcontrollers originally designed for artists, students, musicians and other 'non geek types'. That is it's intentionally cheap, easy to use, available in different configurations (for simple to complex projects). And it's 'open source' (no secret codes) and comes with free software and support: Arduino:

https://www.arduino.cc/

The typical model has a USB port, the processor, power supply and connections for external circuits:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11021

Removing the 'extra stuff' lowers the cost and much reduces size (things we consider good things in a vape......):
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11021

But this means you now need a special cable since the 'USB to computer talk' converter is no longer installed on each board, instead you need one of these to program as many as you wish:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9716

This is actually pretty common, often under the broad term 'Modem' for Modulate/demodulate (that is convert from one digital system to another for a communication interface. In fact, it's what I'd expect from a product that was never intended to be upgraded in the field. Doing so let's them build it a bit smaller and sell them a bit cheaper.....which I like.

OF

mellcrisp

Well, I am surprised, only because I have other, seemingly similar devices whose firmware is easily updated at home. But just because they seem similar doesn't mean they are in actuality, obviously.

OF

Well, I am surprised, only because I have other, seemingly similar devices whose firmware is easily updated at home. But just because they seem similar doesn't mean they are in actuality, obviously.

Again, two different systems. Don't get fooled by the connector. The rub is in timing. Just because the sending computer is ready doesn't mean the receiving one is, and will keep up through the transfer.

The communication is 'serial' that is one bit at a time on a single channel. Normally this is done by 'USART' (Universal Serial Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter) pairs. A separate device that stores data to be transmitted until 'the other end' is ready for it, then transmits at the rate you select on 'profiles' to it's mate. On receive it 'captures' data and holds it until the processor there (vape) is ready to receive rather than do other stuff.

In addition to the V+ and ground connections and the transmit and receive connections on USB real cases need other signals (the most important being DSR (Data Set Ready) and CLS (Clear to Send)) to make the system work. USARTS cover that for us.

If that hardware is installed (and software to support it) you don't need an external USART, but it cases like this probably is that function comes externally, generally with a 'smart cable' since the circuits needed are quite small. BTW there are 3 classes of these external circuits in common use, that's how big the market is.

Like most of life, it's a trade off.

OF

zippy

I more thinking of sending a home cleaned unit through customs it would proob be ok going but back to uk could cause issues.. I mention it as it be safer for healthy rips and the consumer. This why it be good if it could either be fixed over here if someone had the cable etc or if it could be done at home ..

Top Bottom