Healthiest Vaporizer Recommendations?

musicmansinging

I'm a professional singer, and I'm allergic to smoke.

In light of that, I want to figure out the cleanest device to vaporize weed that makes it as clean, and flavorless as breathing air while still getting the desired medical benefits. I have been thinking about one that is glass based in light of that, and then running it through a water bong, but I'm all ears because I don't know enough about this.

Thank You!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I'm a professional singer, and I'm allergic to smoke.

In light of that, I want to figure out the cleanest device to vaporize weed that makes it as clean, and flavorless as breathing air while still getting the desired medical benefits. I have been thinking about one that is glass based in light of that, and then running it through a water bong, but I'm all ears because I don't know enough about this.

Thank You!

Most weed won't be flavorless when vaping flower. Quite the contrary, when not combusting then you get to taste the true herbaceous flavors that the various strains possess. So a sign of purity in vaping would not produce a flavorless experience. You would, however, not get the shitty, tar-like flavors like you would with combusting.

If you could mention the main ways that you consume your herb? Mostly at home, then a plug-in model like a log vape might be up your alley. If you want to vape on the go more often, then a portable might be more in order. There are many options for some solid portable vapes. Some better for group consumption than others. Most work well with various size bubblers. They also may run on battery or are blazed with a small torch lighter.

Choose wisely :myday: and welcome to the site Mr. Singer

Last edited:

musicmansinging

How allergic? Seems pretty counterproductive. How costly is herb itself for you, maybe edibles would prove to be less problematic.
Not severely, so realistically I don't know if I get more messed up than anyone, but any vocal irritation is bad, so I would ideally like to limit that.

I tried edibles, and tea, but I found that they irritate my stomach to the point that it irritates my throat from heart burn, so vaporizers have been the best thus far.

Most weed won't be flavorless when vaping flower. Quite the contrary, when not combusting then you get to taste the true herbaceous flavors that the various strains possess. That is one aspect that is appealing to most. So a sign of purity in vaping would not produce a flavorless experience. You would, however, not get the shitty, tar-like flavors like you would with combusting.

If you could mention the main ways that you consume your herb? Mostly at home, then a plug-in model like a log vape might be up your alley. If you want to vape on the go more often, then a portable might be more in order. There are many options for some solid portable vapes. Some better for group consumption than others. Most work well with various size bubblers. They also run on battery or are blazed with a small torch lighter.

Choose wisely :myday:
Thanks for the thoughts! I only consume it at home, typically before bed on nights of insomnia, but not all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Not severely, so realistically I don't know if I get more messed up than anyone, but any vocal irritation is bad, so I would ideally like to limit that.

I tried edibles, and tea, but I found that they irritate my stomach to the point that it irritates my throat from heart burn, so vaporizers have been the best thus far.
I think the Firewood and Sticky Bricks are very smooth and easy on the throat.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Going through water will definitely mellow out the vapor you are making, whatever vape you choose. A secondary effect is that it will be a mellower flavor... How much flavor is just depends on a number of factors. I suppose in theory you could choose a huge bong with lots of different percolators and what-with-yous and it should produce a less flavorful and extremely smooth hit.

Temperature. If you turn down the temp some you'll get a smoother vapor, too.

It doesn't sound like you need something always on, but you also might like on demand vs a session vape. Some vaporizers continue to cook the herb in the bowl when you're not taking draws, while others have a mechanical button or breathe recognition to turn on the heater just got the draw. Well, I guess here I'm thinking more of portables as heat up time for most convention desktops seems long compared to an on demand portable. Just saying.

For overall best bang for buck and reliability I'm going to recommend a log vape like Heat Island, Underdog, Enano, or Woodscents.
They connect easily to a bong, whip, or short little glass stem.

A Mflb is pretty near instant and very mellow. I found the battery upkeep to be annoying, which brought me to where I am now.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The MiniVap is a registered medical device made with certified medical materials. It's a large portable. I hear the flavor is really great.

Maybe using water filtration might help - try warm and try cold and see what works best. Drinking plenty of water is important so you keep your throat and body hydrated. Cannabis has that drying effect on the throat.

Probably lower heat levels will help too.

I personally really like a log vaporizer.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Thanks for the thoughts! I only consume it at home, typically before bed on nights of insomnia, but not all the time.

Lots of good suggestions here. There are many good vapes out there. I will always put in a plug for the e-nano log vape. There is good reason why it is the most posted thread in the active plug-in vape category.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/e-nano-from-epicvape.7844/

The e-nano uses a medical-grade ceramic heater to heat up an all glass air path, such as a 14 or 18mm gong for a bubbler of your choice. A great vape for vaping at home.

musicmansinging

I think at this point I am leaning towards something with a pure glass path for safety reasons and purity sake. Any recommendations in that category?

The VapeXhale looks like the best at this point, although the price is a little insane. For that much, I might design and build my own.

musicmansinging,
Reactions: Pyr0

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Love my Vapexhale, it's been my daily driver for over 24 months now. Best purchase I've made in a long time.
I am looking at the flowerpot too now though for more concentrate use

Pyr0,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I think you will be happy with a Vapolution 2.0 if you can find one :)). I think in your case you will have to abstain from vaporizers that use a lot of material and make dense and hot vapor , IMO the less you use the less irritation you will get.. Vaponic is another great option on the go ,but since you have little experience in vaporizing i dont know if it is perfect for your case ,mainly because it involves torch lighter .
The GLass core HI (heat island) is also a great choice, there is bamboo version which runs for about 50$ (+ you need to add a little extra for a power supply i think)
Another vapes you might wanna look into are the Tubo,iHeat,Milaana,,Mistvape Touch, i think they all do great with water. From that list I;ve tried only the TUBO and it is really smooth on lower temps but i've heard good things about the others from members which opinion has weight.
-------------------

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
For what its worth the Vapolution 3 has been on some sort sale for 159 for the past few months. I think its a wonderful device for low temps (like 356F low but 320F even works.). I wouldn't see any reason not to spend 60 more dollars for it over the 2.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
For what its worth the Vapolution 3 has been on some sort sale for 159 for the past few months. I think its a wonderful device for low temps (like 356F low but 320F even works.). I wouldn't see any reason not to spend 60 more dollars for it over the 2.
Well i think it is harder to use it inverted with water cause it is bigger + i hear reports of herb falling down to the heater (probably due the large id of the bowl ),also seems less durable :D.. Otherwise i dont see any other reason, i havent tried it so i cant speak for myself,but i have experience with the Vapolution 2 which is serving a friend of mine ,well for many year and was such a steal for 99$ .

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I have had herb fall down into the heater but those were from poor packs or herb not in the best condition to be used as a whole nug.

I don't think its too big for water, using inverted like a log is fine. If you have a 90 degree joint that works even better as you don't have to hold it if you wanted to preheat. Although maybe a couple years of using the Versa has gotten me more use the inverted usage.

I think a VXH hydratube would be a more convenient water attachment.

Alexis

Do you use weed that is grown organically? I know for a fact that chemical fertilizers are very aggravating to the vocal cords. I myself am allergic to cannabis actually, although I'm not sure it is technically a true allergy, but some type of reaction is occurring due to my immune system not behaving properly.

I have also had multiple infections in both of my lungs for over 12 years straight, and when there is a pathogen in a particular area of the body, one can experience a severe allergic reaction to one or many substances, which completely disappears when the pathogen is gone.

So my respiratory allergies are very likely related to the long-running presence of infection.

I'm not suggesting that this is the case with you at all. Smoke is generally very aggravating anyway and some people are more sensitive. Without question smoking is not going to be good for your vocal cords and will not benefit a singer in any way.

Contrastingly, I do know for sure that it is quite common for professional singers to vaporize cannabis before they perform, and generally daily, because they find it greatly benefits their vocal cords.

So vaporizing and smoking are not the same at all in this regard. So by all means continue to do as much research as you can to find the vaporizer you think will suit you best, following the excellent advice from many members here.

But definitely consider that your source of medicine and how it is grown could be a big issue as well. If you can switch to organically grown herbs. I hope some of this can help you, good luck and welcome!:)

Alexis,
Reactions: Squiby

little maggie

I've had several that have been recommended and gave them away- vapolution being one. The logs seem to be the healthiest vapes out there: underdog, enano, hi from the US and other countries have some good logs as well. The Hi comes with a choice of a stainless steel or glass core. The underdog comes with your choice of several stems.

little maggie,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Alexis

I've had several that have been recommended and gave them away- vapolution being one. The logs seem to be the healthiest vapes out there: underdog, enano, hi from the US and other countries have some good logs as well. The Hi comes with a choice of a stainless steel or glass core. The underdog comes with your choice of several stems.
Little Maggie I noticed that you didn't mention the woodscents as well. I'm just curious if there is a reason for this, but you really don't need to answer, Im always a curious cat

Alexis,
Reactions: Squiby

little maggie

I like my woodscent and all the work that Ed does. I think he is an incredible artist. But I prefer the stems on the other logs. I have quite a few vapcap vapes and it's nice that they can do double duty but I like using glass stems with logs.
And given that musicmansinging is looking for a glass system the HI or TT seems like the best log option. There is a waiting list but often people can get a bamboo log with glass core sooner than one of the wood ones.

bigbossgrayfox03

Well i think it is harder to use it inverted with water cause it is bigger + i hear reports of herb falling down to the heater (probably due the large id of the bowl ),also seems less durable :D.. Otherwise i dont see any other reason, i havent tried it so i cant speak for myself,but i have experience with the Vapolution 2 which is serving a friend of mine ,well for many year and was such a steal for 99$ .

bingo! I love the 2.0 because of using it sideways/inverted, and also I don't see any option for straight bowls for the 3.0. I'd probably own a 3.0 but I have a lot of older accessories like bowls and whips.

I'd probably love the 3.0 if I got it but I currently have two great working 2.0's.

But since they no longer sell that unit, I'd recommend the Vapolution 3.0. I would probably be very weird and unusual to hold at first, especially inverted, but the 2.0 is weird and usual to hold that way yet everyone I know who owns one does it that way. I only wonder about the lack of a straight bowl for use with a bong.

The taste, potency, and efficiency of the Vapolution series are what keep me loving the art of vaping! No grinding either.

bigbossgrayfox03,

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Wathever vape you choose (I would suggest enano if you go corded) use it through water, a lot of water (ash catcher + double percolators bubbler with big volume)
This way you will lost flavor (it seems you aren't interested in) and some active compounds but also most of the irritant factors (hot and dry vapor will become cold and moist)

Andreaerdna,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
No vape is healthy; they are simply less damaging than smoking; thats if you forget that you're inhaling pesticides from the non-organic weed- and keep a clean bacteria free vape.

Storz and Bickel do approved Medical versions of both the Volcano and the Mighty through their sister company... https://www.vapormed.com/eu/en/home/

Taking your comments into consideration I would get a vaporiser that allows you to choose the exact temperature. This will allow you to select the lowest temperatures which produce less irritable vapour with confidence. Vapes heated using the flame of a torch don't allow for this type of exact control, nor vapes with fixed temperature settings such as the Pax, that only allow for low, medium, and high settings. Interestingly enough according to something I read online, pax's settings are a lot hotter than they claim, the lowest temp was recorded as 179c, which is really not that low at all... I rarely vape above 180c. - https://www.whatsyourvapetemp.com/what-is-the-real-temperature-of-the-pax-2-vaporizer/

If you really want a healthy vaporiser, make one out of a carrot or apple, and then eat it after!

Last edited:
sativasam,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hiya Mr @musicmansinging
Lots of good advice from respected peeps^. For you, factoring in where/when you'll be vaping and what you want out of it, I would go with the many suggestions of a log vape. Specifically the eNano from EpicVape.

You'll have a choice of 2 lengths of glass "dry" stems with fixed-glass screen or adjustable metal screen. I prefer adjustable because it's just that much more control. Like everyone says, going through water will be smoother. If you plan on using a water tool, get yourself the appropriate gong, don't forget!

It has adjustable temp, and the only log AFAIK that is 110V AC. Others are 12V DC and will have the laptop brick adapter in the power cord. No big deal to most but you should know. So simple, very powerful, superbly efficient. You can control your experience with heat level, rate of draw, and screen placement. Small US company, run by an enthusiast for many years. I've not needed it but have seen over and over excellent CS/After-sales care and high rate of happy users in the forum @BabyFacedFinster linked to above. Check it out!

pxl_jockey,
Top Bottom