Heading to Hawaii... advice for device

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Bringing along a clean omnivap in case I bump into any flower.
But what should I bring for concentrates?

I have always preferred Load and Go styles of atomizers, but have been underwhelmed by the current generation of Source Orb4 and Omicron v4. I have historically avoided devices and pens that use oil pads, but I would consider if it is a true lung busting beast...

Any suggestions for something beastly?

FlyingLow,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Are you running a box mod or a pen battery? been really enjoying my KISS carts on a compact box mod, but they are pretty much the same as the Omicron coils. It hits very hard on my mod.

invertedisdead,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've only used variable voltage pens really... could you post a link to the mod you are using?
Perhaps I just need to bit the bullet and get a box.

FlyingLow,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/joyetech-evic-basic-40w-tc-box-mod.html
Coupon code MFS15 for 15% off first time customer.

Been using one since last December, built in battery makes it very simple to use coming from a pen battery.

Temperature control functionality will take you leaps and bounds further than a pen battery. The Uptech coils are awesome in temp control mode, predictable hits every time. Plus it's great to have a battery level on the screen, I hated never knowing if my pen was charged or not.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: grokit

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am going to grab one. Are there any adapters or anything else I should go ahead and purchase? Is there any reason to go with more power like a 75w box or greater when using with oil?

I think I am going to want one more pen/device as a backup. Additional suggestions are welcome.

FlyingLow,

subway13029

I've always had great hits and decent flavor with Yocan products..very very cheap and not bad for big hits with the dual quartz coil..I have the magneto which uses their ceramic and it doesn't hit as hard but better flavor..I really like them and suuuuuuppppper cheap..

subway13029,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I am going to grab one. Are there any adapters or anything else I should go ahead and purchase? Is there any reason to go with more power like a 75w box or greater when using with oil?

I think I am going to want one more pen/device as a backup. Additional suggestions are welcome.

I just got this 80W Primo Mini recently http://www.joyetech.com/product/evic-primo-mini-battery/?age-verified=f1670c6c48 which is pretty nice. More battery capacity and takes replaceable cells, but a larger device compared to the Evic Basic.

For concentrates the Evic Basic has plenty of power. It says 40W but it can be upgraded to 60W with a firmware update. I don't know any atomizer that takes over 30 for our purposes.

invertedisdead,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am so ignorant on mods... Will a Basic's battery get a heavy user through the day? Or am I better off with replaceable cells?

To me, the one you just posted looks much slicker...

FlyingLow,

virtualpurple

I would just snag the Evic tub, its like a portable EVO in my mind. It is currently running the show at my place.

I understand you want something for concentrates, but that tubo and the Omni both perform great with hemp fiber. Unless you're after that dab pen sort of experience.

virtualpurple,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I am so ignorant on mods... Will a Basic's battery get a heavy user through the day? Or am I better off with replaceable cells?

To me, the one you just posted looks much slicker...

Hard to answer, depends on how heavy of a user you really are and your vaping style. Are you a low temp flavor chaser or do you like large hits? Because low tempers tend to take more draws and ironically often need more battery life than cloud chasers in my experience.

I vape all day, as soon as I wake up to the time I go to bed. The Evic Basic will last me all day by myself, and even sharing with a couple people depending on their tolerance. The only time I had an issue with the battery life is last Christmas trying to keep 5 people on vacation with pretty good tolerance content. Even then it only died once or twice before the day was over, and that was using my most power hungry atomizer. It charges really quickly via micro USB if you need a top off.

The Primo Mini is pretty sleek, huge easy to read screen, fits in the hand really nicely since the corners are rounded and since it uses replaceable cells, has the potential for much more battery capacity. I have a 3000 mAh LG HG2 in my Primo Mini, vs the built in non replaceable 1500 mAh in my Evic Basic. But the Basic is a more compact mod.

Here's a size comparison of the Basic with popular items, including two types of Ego pen batteries and a Bic so you can see just how small this setup really is.

LYgtri1.jpg

And here's a size comparison of my two mods and a very small 10mm mini tube.

GCVhThg.jpg

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I should have ordered already but all links point to Hong Kong.
Know of anywhere in the US I might order the Primo Mini without the starter kit?

I need to order somewhere that can guarantee delivery in the next 7-8 days.

FlyingLow,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I wasn't able to find it without the starter kit in the US either. I would have ordered from China too because it's half the price, but I already had a store credit for myvaporstore. Make sure you get a proper 18650 battery if you go for the Primo Mini since it does not come with one. I'm using a 3000 mAh LH HG2 as I stated earlier.

invertedisdead,
Top Bottom