Gear HE Carb Cap method

darkrom

Great Scott!
yeah, I'd be interested in, uh, more home-brew methods for achieving this... HE Carb Caps are backordered for months... super hard to get... in fact, anyone know any other manufactuerers of something similar... or, like I said, a way to mcgeyver it? I think I could balance the head of an indentical nail, upside down, on my normal nail... hhhhmmmmmm

What I do is take a glass flower bowl and stick it on top of my domeless. Tada free carb cap since I just happened to have one laying around.

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
That's why I felt I had to make this thread when I was shown the carb cap , it's amazing how much longer my oil lasts me now, and how much more medicating the effects are. I could easily go through a gram in 3 days without it, now I can make 1 last a week, like steama said you truly are waisting your oil using a Ti nail without a cap.

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
I have tested this method and approve of it.. Been a fan of low temp dabs the last month or so and have not been heating my nail as hot dabbing and then capping with the HE carb cap. However this method of putting the dab on a cool nail, capping, then heating through the cap gets me a longer lasting hit that can even be made sessionable with multiple people hitting off one dab that I used to suck down by myself in like 1 second.. :tup:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The carb cap interest me but can I use it with my classic Ti nail DYD 18mm or it just made for domeless Ti nail....

PPN,

kingtut106

I think some more videos need to be posted showing how everyone uses their cap. I will post one tomorrow, I hope others join in and dab up

Last edited:
kingtut106,

Detonator

My glass aroma bowl that came with my Solo fits on my dab esentials nail like a carb cap. I tried hitting it like the video and I did seems to get a few hits but I couldn't get good hits cause the hole in that thing is so small. I thinking of trying to bust out the middle a little, so more air can flow...

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
My glass aroma bowl that came with my Solo fits on my dab esentials nail like a carb cap. I tried hitting it like the video and I did seems to get a few hits but I couldn't get good hits cause the hole in that thing is so small. I thinking of trying to bust out the middle a little, so more air can flow...

Try just drawing on it slower and heat it just a tad longer, you may be more satisfied with the outcome

Monsoon

Anyone with an OmniNail is going to want to get the HE Minicap. The normal one can work if you cup it at a 45 degree angle but doesn't work as well as the Minicap which lines up perfectly. I also found the 1.75" V3 shaft and a small counterweight worked better than with the dabber stem in getting the Minicap into the right position on the nail. I have my index finger pressing down on the weight on the end and use the pressure to keep the carb in place.

Anyway I'm actually finding I'm using it more to take bigger hits but it still keeps me from wasting any. I'll usually heat the nail until it glows red, wait 10-20 seconds to dab the oil on and then quickly cover it and rip hard. At the end the oil should be completely gone so no loss. I also find that using the carb cap creates more suction too when taking the rip and in the rigs I've tried it on it's been an improvement. I especially noticed it with my new recycler, the water seems to circulate easier/better when it's on.

SD_haze

I think some more videos need to be posted showing how everyone uses their cap. I will post one tomorrow, I hope others join in and dab up
Made a very short video last week demonstrating the "finger carb cap"

Notice how thick the vapor gets after the airflow becomes restricted.
The dab fully vaporizes with no long plume of residual vapor on the nail.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I'm trying out @Detonator's Solo bowl recommendation, defintely feels restricted, kinda works.
I also have a HE DualiTi that I have sat on top of my SCS Omni nail, plug the center airflow tube with my finger, good to go. Definitely can see the potential, gotta work on technique now. Thanks all for this informative thread.

BHOMG

Fuckin science up in here... just backread forever... lots of different low temp methods... someone make a grid, we shall conquer them all

Bouldorado

You apply oil or reclaim to form a layer on your nail so that the oil does not bounce off like it does on a brand new polished nail surface.

Seasoning a carb cap would be pointless.

The best place to educate yourself about your Ti gear. You can read more about seasoning and other great stuff at the HE Blog:
http://www.highlyeducatedti.com/blog/?p=261

Idk if I'd trust that article. It seems overly speculative and the author even said he hasn't conducted experiments. IMO he just pulled that 300* temperature range out of his ass. Here's two excerpts:

In a study to determine waters leidenfrost point a group determined it to be at 339.8º F for a polished surface, and 505.4º F for a rough surface.

If I were to guess I would say essential oils probably have a slightly higher leidenfrost point than water, but that is only a guess, and I would assume painting and spreading oil on a brand new nail around 400-700º F will season it much more effectively than temperatures exceeding that.

Bouldorado,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Looks like knock-offs exist already.

The dabber design is simplified (but included free), and the cap seems identical to a real one. Maybe HE's far east manufacturer sold/leaked the design specs, or is just selling inventory themselves through grey channels on the sly?

Or do HE actually do their machining in-house, in which case these'd have to be copies of production hardware?

Edit: Tracked to the (or a) source, Carb Cap plus flat-end Dabber, US$10 the set. Only in lots of ten, but still. No excuses for not trying it out now.

Last edited:
Anonymouse,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I'm still hesitating about getting one for my SCS OMNI nail, I think I might be disappointed because it's not made for it.

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
I'm still hesitating about getting one for my SCS OMNI nail, I think I might be disappointed because it's not made for it.
I'm 99% sure it will fit, if the outside rim of the cap is not wide enough to exceed the maximum width of your nail head, I'm sure that it will at least sit on top at the maximum width still in effect creating a seal and achieving the desired effect, it just wont be very stable, as in prone to falling off easily if knocked or moved fast. All in all not that big of a deal, unless you like doing dab rips in the middle of a marathon run lol :)

DabComa,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I just ordered the Ti Rant cap from the same website. It's supposed to fit any domeless, I'll see !

Roger D,
Reactions: GSH
Top Bottom