Discontinued Haze Dual V3

h0neybee

10000000% agree!!!

You spent $250+, what's $7?
No offense @h0neybee just being blunt.(no pun intended):cool:

Didn't spend that much, I waited for a good sale and it paid off, but I get what you're saying :)
$7 is almost another set of all purpose cans or an 1/8 of medicine. I need to help support a family in addition to living with a chronic illness, so saving money is kinda important to me. It may not seem like a lot, but every little bit counts. Just sayin.

Yes, good points from trevorzamani. Thanks. I did try to search for the information I was looking for *before* asking, so I'm sorry I didn't see the "several times this was discussed" part. There are many, many pages to scroll through. Sorry for making you repeat the information.

UnshavenFish

So, to be clear, this is what it looks like if you peal away the Haze casing, correct? I read that if you peel away the Haze-branded casing they will no longer work. Why is that or is it really true?

Would these work in the Haze even though they don't have the Haze-branded casing?:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-NCR...id=1432612278&sr=8-7&keywords=18650+NCR18650B

Would using these non-branded batteries void Haze's original warranty even though the model number and 3400 mAh is the same? They look identical except without the Haze-branded casing on them so would they still work?

What does "protected" mean in this instance?

The Haze-branded batteries cost $29.99 US. A set of these currently costs $22.95 US. Are we paying $7.04 more for the branded version or is it really a superior product?

(It looks like the "protected" button part costs a few extra bucks. The kind with a flat end (assuming this from the product images) without the "button" cost $18.95 US + free shipping)

Sorry for the late reply, we got that timezone thing going on, yes that's what is under the wrapper, and I would not advise anyone doing this, I knew before I started that after what I planned on doing the battery would be unusable (in the haze at least) the battery is not in anyway damaged or unsafe (for my intended use for it) But by removing the wrap you expose the PCB and the wire that connects it to the + and - , although it is held with solder there are many things that could go wrong here and turn the battery from a battery to a hand grenade! Chances are when removing the wrap the cover that stops the connecting wire from shorting out the case will be damaged, so this alone would make the battery unusable in the haze unless you have the knowledge and equipment to put this right.

The batteries you posted, will they work? Probably yes (if they are what they claim), but they are not exactly the same battery (the haze battery's are 3200mAh not the advertised 3400, this is one of the differences between the B and the BE versions) and the PCB will not work the same , at first when there was talk about a 'custom' PCB I was a little skeptical but after seeing it I can say it is custom and has more going on than others I have seen, the PCB is a kind of fail safe, keeping the battery working in the 'safe zone' how different from the standard the haze PCB works I could not say 100%, but just that I would rather go with something made/designed to work with my haze.

And yes the button part adds £ as this is used to connect the PCB to the + end, the PCB will also be part of the added £, as far as 'protected' goes this is the PCB, as standard it will stop the battery voltage from going too high or low and reverse polarity, then you have things like heat or changing the working voltage range that can be added/changed just to name a few.

Something else to consider is where you get the battery from, there are a lot of good sellers out there but a lot more bad sellers, things like receiving different battery's than advertised can happen, used laptop pulled battery's being rewrapped and I've even had some protected batteries where the PCB was just a blank and not even connected and some that didn't even have a blank lol, this is part of the reason companies only recommend a battery they have tried and tested, I have also heard that Amazon uses reviews for multiple items if the codes match up which while good for some items not so great for something like these batteries where using a different seller (than the review was for) could result in receiving something unsafe.

At the end of the day what you choose to do is your decision, but while money is important I'm guessing yours and your family's health/safety is more important, this is the reason I always recommend OEM batteries as I would hate to give advice on a battery and someone to get a bad quality/fake product then have it go wrong in the way these can.

I don't want people to worry about the safety of these batteries, as when they are what they claim and used in the correct way they are perfectly safe, but just want people to think about the options and make informed decisions based on their knowledge and research, I should also add I don't think of myself as a battery expert in anyway far from it, but it is something I have had an interest in for a few years and while I might not always follow my own advice, I do consider myself educated on the risks, how they happen and how to avoid them.

IMO if you have any doubts stick with OEM.

Sorry for all the waffling, but hopefully someone can decipher some useful info from my ramblings, things don't always make it from my brain to words the way I intend :mental:, and as always if I've missed anything or got anything wrong please correct me :tup:

h0neybee

Sorry for all the waffling, but hopefully someone can decipher some useful info from my ramblings, things don't always make it from my brain to words the way I intend :mental:, and as always if I've missed anything or got anything wrong please correct me :tup:

Fantastic response! Bravo! Thank you so much. This is what I needed to know :) I so very much appreciate how geeky you are. Thanks for investigating this. It makes me appreciate the build quality that much more because of how you elaborated on it. :)

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Hi Guys and Gals

Here are the images of the new upcoming Haze carry case. More info will be posted on our website once it is closer to the release date:

haze1.jpg

haze2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
Hi Guys and Gals

Here are the images of the new upcoming Haze carry case. More info will be posted on our website once it is closer to the release date:

haze1.jpg

haze2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

case5.jpg
That looks pretty sweet... I love the little tool holder part. I like the room for the haze, batteries and cans carrying case. Think I may have to throw some $ out and get one (depending on price) ... spell proof? :p

trevorzamani

It is great since it looks like I can pack more than 2 batteries in there and that pouch may fit a lot of cans/screens etc. It looks like a nice thick case which is not that big. The belt clip is a nice addition and hidden zipper line adds a quality touch. Love the design Haze guys and gals. Is this available only in black?

h0neybee

I wonder if it's smell-proof? Waterproof would be awesome too for going camping, but I imagine you could treat it with some water repellent if not.

I like the big zipper tails. Good accessibility design there. Though the black is super stealthy-looking, it would also be awsome to see these cases in the same Haze colors. It could still pass as a camera case.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Hi Guys and Gals

haze1.jpg

haze2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

Looks good but I'll probably be sticking with my case.

It would be nice for the batteries to have something to secure them rather than just loose banging against your unit. And the single strap holding the haze doesn't look to great either being off center. Looks like it could fall right out if tipped. I do really like the divider tool holder piece though.

Not trying to hate, just adding my :2c:

Micke

@h0neybee

Re: Other brand batteries: Count Vapula covered what fits and what doesn't (and some brands he trusts) in some detail earlier in the thread. Appears protected 18650's vary in length by quite a bit and some are too long or short. It may be easiest to find this in the Haze Best Of thread since these are in like the last 3 posts. If memory serves, the Fenix 3400's worked very well but salvaged unprotected 18650's didn't do so well.

Link to Haze Best of Thread - CV's battery posts begin at 140:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-haze-vaporizer-thread.16685/page-6

Based on thread input here, I went with Haze batteries and like others have said, they are working well for me, too. Seeing as how Haze is so customer oriented, I'm glad to have sent the dinero their way.

Regarding the Haze Case: I like it! Someone in here said that an 18650 battery case fits 3 or 4 Haze cans nicely. So having seen the Haze case... if one were to use a double 18650 plastic battery storage case and use one side for a spare battery and the other side for cans, I wonder if that might work well?

For my case, I'd previously ordered the Ryot PackRatz large sized case. They shipped super fast and the case is nice quality. It is soft, though. There is no built in hardshell protection. It holds:

The Haze unit
2 small threaded storage cans (nice!) as recommended by @scottg402
Bent mouthpiece and Nu-SONG
Extra battery
Pinnacle Hydrotube

Everything fits but the side dimension of the Haze plus the hydrotube makes it a bit too tight when working the zipper to be right. It's safe enough and I'll use it but with anything wrapped around the hydrotube for protection, it gets probably a bit too tight. Got lazy about pics since the fit isn't optimal.

Last edited:

Count Vapula

So, to be clear, this is what it looks like if you peal away the Haze casing, correct? I read that if you peel away the Haze-branded casing they will no longer work. Why is that or is it really true?

Would these work in the Haze even though they don't have the Haze-branded casing?:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-NCR...id=1432612278&sr=8-7&keywords=18650+NCR18650B

Would using these non-branded batteries void Haze's original warranty even though the model number and 3400 mAh is the same? They look identical except without the Haze-branded casing on them so would they still work?

What does "protected" mean in this instance?

The Haze-branded batteries cost $29.99 US. A set of these currently costs $22.95 US. Are we paying $7.04 more for the branded version or is it really a superior product?

(It looks like the "protected" button part costs a few extra bucks. The kind with a flat end (assuming this from the product images) without the "button" cost $18.95 US + free shipping)

I would stick with the Haze batteries. There are other options but most of them are at a higher price point. The quality looks to be right up there for the Haze batteries. There will be no question about the warranty if sticking with OEM.

The cost of a quality 18650 protected or unprotected is justified by the fact that it provides viable power for any device that needs higher voltage and current than can be provided by other battery chemistries. All of this in a rechargeable cell that can fit into the palm of your hand.

UnshavenFish covered everything pretty well. It looks like those batteries could possibly work. The few reviews look good. They do have the Panasonic label which shows that they are made in Japan. The choice is yours. Would I take the chance? Maybe.

I did an experiment with an old unprotected 18650 that I harvested from a laptop battery pack and was not pleased at all with the results. I wouldn't recommend anyone try it unless they are willing to accept possibly damaging their Haze. I'm just a mad scientist like UnshavenFish. :science::mental:

We know enough to be safe while being dangerous.

Last edited:

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
So Haze thread, a really good buddy sent me about 3ft of whip among other goodies, and I got to work right way.
I attached the 3ft of whip to a bubbler that I have that has a 14mm removable mouth peice option. The inside diameter of the tubing was perfect to fit over it and now I have taken my Haze to whole new level. I dont have to take long draws to get those big rips. I made a vid for my fellow Hazers and Hazettes. This video displays just how powerful this portable truly is, Enjoy!

Show Off. :D I have to call you out here. Include the Haze unit in the video as well. Is it not the true shining star of the show with supporting cast members. ;) Great video, cheers ! :cheers:

Nice to see all these new Haze lovers. The word is out and there is so much more to come! Haze came out swinging in 2014 and I'm hoping they knock it out the park in 2015! I can't wait to see!

Bet, all in! I have seen what is on the horizon and it is good. :brow: Well stated my friend, I could have not said it any better.

I have been busy at work conducting more heater strength tests. I'm the only one failing these tests as I am having trouble keeping up.
ofENbV2.jpg

What I have here is
1 HAZE V2.5
1 Eds TnT WonG
1 SSV J- Hook w/clip
3 feet of Whip
1 Ash catcher with triple honey comb perc

The Haze is still blowing my mind in versatility. I am only using dry material, but I can only imagine a dry+shat+dry sandwich. Sounds like an assignment.....

Once you make a delicious sandwich it's more like a welcome assassination courtesy of thee Haze! I'm happy to see someone else is geeking around with the Haze also.

A buddy invited me over for some partaking last week and I brought my Haze. He combusts about 4-6 cigars daily. He didn't really comment much when we used it, but he did say taste was great and clouds were nice. We did a dry session and used conduction screens with some platinum material.

Fast forward to today(exactly 1 week)where he calls me up and invites me to come over and asks me to bring my Haze. He said the effects felt so natural and amazing. He's been trying all week to get those same effects, even tried a pipe. No cigar paper no burn taste. It had been on his mind all week. He even told his best friend about it and how much material you save! Hes really into it. Hopefully I have a convert on my hands.

Tonight I will bring my whip and bubbler and blow his mind!

Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience with us all. It is not only about the Haze but also the health, education and all the benefits that come when one says fuck combustion.

I have had some similar experiences myself with others that combusted their herbs or concentrates. I luckily ( wink wink) had my Haze with me for these green horns to the vaporizing world. Thanks for always having my back Haze Tech. !!!!

Most of these uneducated and I say that with no ill will and truth .... just get into a routine. Once they tried the Haze or vaporizing in general for the first time, liked it in the end or even sometimes right away.

It is just mind blowing to me that a few have not even tried to open up to the idea of the Haze of vaporizing. They just cannot realize all of the pluses even after Haze sessions talking about how great they felt. Only to later be like "it takes to long" or " so much to deal with". Yet even with these people they still ask if i can bring over my little black beauty.

It's hard to see the hegelian dialectic hard at work in some of the most brilliant people. I say to them all. Give me Haze or give me death, well that n liberty too. :lol: Cheers!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Finally able to start posting. I want to comment on the Haze as I have had and been through 3 of these units. I still use it as my daily vape (I'm hooked), but feel there is a design flaw with the unit. The reason I have been through 3 of them is the plastic selector that switches between the ovens breaks because of built-up resin. Trust me I follow a very rigorous cleaning (especially after the first one broke) and still after time..snap it goes when switching between ovens. Have to get Haze a big thumps up because both times they replaced. This time I decided to take apart the Haze (voided warranty I know), but I wanted to see why? What I discovered was a build up of resin inside the unit and especially around the plastic collar that attaches the air tube to the selector. I'm not a rocket scientist, but there is no way of "cleaning" that area without taking the unit apart. I still love this unit (ordered another one) and maybe it is just my bad luck.

Also as soon as any ISO contacts the unit the paint peels or curls or dissolves....so much for them white dots..maybe when they release v2.75 the coating will be different.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Finally able to start posting. I want to comment on the Haze as I have had and been through 3 of these units. I still use it as my daily vape (I'm hooked), but feel there is a design flaw with the unit. The reason I have been through 3 of them is the plastic selector that switches between the ovens breaks because of built-up resin. Trust me I follow a very rigorous cleaning (especially after the first one broke) and still after time..snap it goes when switching between ovens. Have to get Haze a big thumps up because both times they replaced. This time I decided to take apart the Haze (voided warranty I know), but I wanted to see why? What I discovered was a build up of resin inside the unit and especially around the plastic collar that attaches the air tube to the selector. I'm not a rocket scientist, but there is no way of "cleaning" that area without taking the unit apart. I still love this unit (ordered another one) and maybe it is just my bad luck.

Also as soon as any ISO contacts the unit the paint peels or curls or dissolves....so much for them white dots..maybe when they release v2.75 the coating will be different.

Welcome to FC and nice first post. I noticed the same thing but I haven't had one break on me yet. Good to know they replace it if that does happen. Hopefully Haze is looking into a solution for this as I'm sure you're not the first. Thanks for taking the hit on the warranty n checking it out. Good luck with the new one.

h0neybee

I'm glad you mentioned the ISO causing the peeling so now I know to be careful when I clean mine!

That reminds me...what ISO do you guys recommend or does it even matter 71% vs 91% or whatever. I'm just curious as I never gave much thought before when buying it for the medicine cabinet. TIA

Micke

Pics sent a few days ago; Haze has followed up today asking for the cans suspected of possible counterfeiting be sent in. Shipped cans/packaging/invoices w/tracking #'s pm'd to Haze earlier today.

I continue to be very impressed with their continued interest in customer well-being, professionalism and unusually customer-friendly nature overall. :)

Thanks, Haze! You're aces with me. :tup:

I'm actually kinda' hoping the lightweight cans are legit; just thinkin' about how fast the significantly lighter weight would heat up! I won't consider using them they're counterfeit, obviously.

I'll be leaving future comments on the provenance of these cans in the thread to Haze. They have my trust.

Last edited:

UnshavenFish

I use this ISO
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/isopropyl-alcohol-1-litre-re71n

It's 99.7% minimum :tup: others will work but this stuff drys fast due to less water content, I cleared them out when they had a half price sale in my local store a while back, still have 7 cans left lol.

We know enough to be safe while being dangerous.

Well, sometimes I'm just dangerous when I'm being dangerous :mental: but that's in my shed not my house, and it's that whole double negative thing going on dangerous + dangerous = safe, right? :lmao:

Count Vapula

I'm glad you mentioned the ISO causing the peeling so now I know to be careful when I clean mine!

That reminds me...what ISO do you guys recommend or does it even matter 71% vs 91% or whatever. I'm just curious as I never gave much thought before when buying it for the medicine cabinet. TIA

A higher percentage ISO is more distilled which means strong with less water content and will evaporate faster. I'm sure it will cut faster through resin. I don't know if it's any cleaner unless you've been buying some shady black market ISO. :suspicious:

I always get the 99% stuff. I use it to clean old thermal paste off of various computer parts. No skimping allowed. Has always worked great on my glass pieces but never did a side by side comparison.

Wanted to follow up to this post. I only vape dry herb and I use the cans with lids exclusively...thank you

Mainoffender

Well I've got my Haze rocking nicely thanks to all the advice garnered here since joining. I'm getting such big hits off this thing (herb in cans at level 3-4) I'm only able to take 4 or 5 second hits without my lungs exploding so thought I'd maybe try adding a bong or bubbler to cool things down a bit. Unfortunately I know nothing about them and have no idea where to start. To those that use them what's a good basic unit for Haze that won't break the bank? Thanks!

scottg402

Well I've got my Haze rocking nicely thanks to all the advice garnered here since joining. I'm getting such big hits off this thing (herb in cans at level 3-4) I'm only able to take 4 or 5 second hits without my lungs exploding so thought I'd maybe try adding a bong or bubbler to cool things down a bit. Unfortunately I know nothing about them and have no idea where to start. To those that use them what's a good basic unit for Haze that won't break the bank? Thanks!
Glad to hear you are enjoying the Haze!

Maybe check out the last 20 pages or so of this thread.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/

There are lots of cheap reliable options direct from China that can be purchased off DH Gate. I myself purchased the original FC-187 and it's my least expensive and most used piece of glass in my collection.

You are also going to want a way to pair the Haze with the Glass. Haze sells the @Ed's TnT WonG or you can get the nuSonG from @Ratchett which works well with the existing mouthpiece. Make sure you get matching sizes to the glass.

Good luck and let us know of questions!

Count Vapula

Welcome to the FC family.

Sounds like a possible design flaw that needs to be investigated. Can't have the oven switch snapping when you need your medication. Just wondering how long/heavy use it takes to reach that point of buildup? I'm sure others must be up to or past that point. Did you notice extra resistance each time it snapped? Do a lot of things tend to break when you're handling them? ;) Maybe it's just very bad odds as this doesn't seem to be a commonly mentioned problem. I have no doubt that Haze Tech will try to fix it if it's a problem.

Thanks, will avoid getting any ISO on the outside of the unit. There was a picture on the thread just recently of a Haze that had it's paint cracked. Place_and_time said it had been put into a container that had just recently been used for an ISO wash.

Micke

@Count Vapula

I'd also wondered if maybe some concentrate spillages might have contributed to any of the sticking switch/pivot failures PHB has experienced - but his clarification that he uses dry herb only removes this thought. Makes me wonder if the extra oiliness from 'trates might actually alleviate the problem? Seems unlikely. If defective memory serves, this is the first we've heard of this failure mode. I hope it doesn't become epidemic!

I do recall reading of some top levers coming loose; was that sometimes caused by pushing the switch lever too far or too aggressively? That's probably only remotely related if at all, but thought I'd mention it.

However, is it possible to use too much Iso wetting when cleaning any of the air path and maybe some Iso and resin flows or back flows over to the switch pivot? I'm guessing here, but I don't think I want even small amounts of Iso free flowing inside the unit.

@NickDlow - You use a lot of 'trates in your Haze, correct? If yes, do you do anything special in usage, cleaning method or cleaning intervals to keep your switch/pivot from binding up from resin buildup? Have you noticed any binding? I'm using wax and shatter only right now, hence my interest.

It's about time I clean my Haze for the first time. I'm a bit overdue for it and no binding yet, but it is still very early for this unit.

Will try to keep the 99.8% ISO off the paint to prevent crazing and lifting and no more than damp on the 3 Q-tips for cleaning the main air path versus very wet. For now, at least, until I learn more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom