• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Dual V3

UnshavenFish

I work in a vape shop with access to a bunch of different 18650 batteries and none of them work, Haze has a chip on the bottom that makes it a tad longer than a normal 18650, as much as I hate to pay full price for batteries I'll be sticking with theirs. Also I had the same "pop open" issue with the battery door when I first got it until I realized it was my fault not the designs, you have to make sure you push the door down and slide it back fully

oh and pick up an Efest Luc v4 charger if you want to charge quickly, mine charge in about 30mins from dead on a 2amp charge

I would guess in a vape shop most if not all the batteries are unprotected so will be shorter, the haze batteries have a PCB top and bottom (if you feel yours you will feel the connection down the side of the battery) there are lots of others like this, i own a few for various torches.

IMO the main reason companies recommend their own batteries is to cover themselves if people get fake/bad quality ones and end up hurt same goes for chargers in most cases. For me the haze battery price is nothing considering the use you should get from them, and i can also recommend the xl batteries :tup: great stuff.

On a charger note IMO the Efest is a good charger with lots more options than the nitecore (which IME acts a lot like the haze charger) and cheaper in the US, but remember the faster the charge is the more effect it has on overall battery life so if your short on time go quick but if you have the time go slower and be kinder to the battery.

And your spot on about the battery door, i never had the pop open issue but i closed mine too much and had the opposite problem of trouble getting it open :lol: But over time it has eased to the point i can close mine all the way so i know its not going to open but still easy when i want it open.

5Niner

Yo,

Just stopping by again. It's been several months since I purchased the Haze and asked my own series of "noob" questions regarding the unit. I feel I have enough time with the Haze to give a little back. I'll do my best to keep it short and helpful!

I've never used vapes prior to the Haze but I can't imagine other units being any better at performing it's job. I struggled with the right grind/screen/temp/draw etc at first. The forum made several fine suggestions and got me further down the road. I've settled on temp 3 for the most part and go to 4 on occasion. Initially I gravitated to the convection screen but struggled. I found conducting a fine to medium grind worked best for me and did so for several weeks screen and struggled. I found a happy medium with the convection screen but still felt I wasn't quite figuring it out. My clouds were inconsistent to say the least and disappointed me at first. Folks suggested using just the can.... so I used just the can....quite literally. Needless to say it didn't do the trick until it dawned on me (go ahead and laugh lol) the silicone lids were in the package still. It took all of about 3 rips with the lid in place to realize the can was it for me! A medium grind works just fine so no more "grind-a-thons" trying to get a heavy cloud and it seems that packing your product by gently tapping it on a flat surface and adding a tad more seems to really amp it up. So much so that the first few times had me coughing like a goon not expecting the hits to be so massive by comparison! Now don't get me wrong! The clouds haven't seemed necessary in getting the ultimate job done as friends have pointed out. That's pretty much my first couple weeks with the device and enjoy it up to this very minute!

Now for the integrity of the Haze. So far...so good. No mechanical issues whatsoever. It's never failed in any way and sees a minimum of 14 bowls a week between both ovens. I can tell that the seal around the oven lids (attached to honeycomb gate) are starting to separate and fear they will come dislodged soon......that was 8 weeks ago and still remain snug! That's about it to report. For as much as it's been used.....I wouldn't hold anything against it if it did lol!

*Edit: Just wanted to add that it seems to me that letting the unit sit for a solid minute or more before using seems to help. Whether it's the consistency of temperature or most likely removing excess moisture that makes any difference at all remains uncertain. I'll be paying more attention to this in the future now that I have a consistent method.

Last edited:

UnshavenFish

Yo,

Just stopping by again. It's been several months since I purchased the Haze and asked my own series of "noob" questions regarding the unit. I feel I have enough time with the Haze to give a little back. I'll do my best to keep it short and helpful!

I've never used vapes prior to the Haze but I can't imagine other units being any better at performing it's job. I struggled with the right grind/screen/temp/draw etc at first. The forum made several fine suggestions and got me further down the road. I've settled on temp 3 for the most part and go to 4 on occasion. Initially I gravitated to the convection screen and struggled. I found a happy medium with the convection screen but still felt I wasn't quite figuring it out. My clouds were inconsistent to say the least and disappointed me at first. Folks suggested using just the can.... so I used just the can....quite literally. Needless to say it didn't do the trick until it dawned on me (go ahead and laugh lol) the silicone lids were in the package still. It took all of about 3 rips with the lid in place to realize the can was it for me! A medium grind works just fine so no more "grind-a-thons" trying to get a heavy cloud and it seems that packing your product by gently tapping it on a flat surface and adding a tad more seems to really amp it up. So much so that the first few times had me coughing like a goon not expecting the hits to be so massive by comparison! Now don't get me wrong! The clouds haven't seemed necessary in getting the ultimate job done as friends have pointed out. That's pretty much my first couple weeks with the device and enjoy it up to this very minute!

Now for the integrity of the Haze. So far...so good. No mechanical issues whatsoever. It's never failed in any way and sees a minimum of 14 bowls a week between both ovens. I can tell that the seal around the oven lids (attached to honeycomb gate) are starting to separate and fear they will come dislodged soon......that was 8 weeks ago lol! That's about it to report. For as much as it's been used.....I wouldn't hold anything against it if it did lol!

Good to hear your enjoying your Haze :tup: And don't worry if the oven seal is the bit I'm thinking of, if it comes off it should just clip/push back on :clap:I'm sure it has happened to others here, i could be wrong but i think it was designed that way so if it got stuck to the oven it comes off rather than snaps.

Edit: ok so i got interested and ripped my bit off my oven door:D (The thing that holds the two metal plates) and it does go back on :tup: Not as easy as i thought it would be but not too hard.

The trick is there are four bits that hold it and the two lower ones have a kind of flap on the black rubbery bit that go around the clip on the honeycomb to hold it, the top two just push on though, i used a plastic poker from my firefly and poked though from the honeycomb side to fit the rubbery part over the holder.

Last edited:

5Niner

Good to hear your enjoying your Haze :tup: And don't worry if the oven seal is the bit I'm thinking of, if it comes off it should just clip/push back on :clap:I'm sure it has happened to others here, i could be wrong but i think it was designed that way so if it got stuck to the oven it comes off rather than snaps.

Very cool to know!

5Niner,
Cool thanks again. I checked real quick on the Haze site and they are still accepting the FC420 code. 2 spare xl batteries came out to $24 Not bad at all. If you need accessories for your Haze, you may want to jump on that while the code is still active!

Regarding the battery door, I noticed the same thing as well. Its all about how you slide the thing back. It will lock if you do it correctly.

I dont know if Haze still checks this forum but if they do I would recommend that they make the next models oven door with a button latch or something because with the basic snap it in to lock it set up, the door can be very difficult to open. Its not a deal breaker for me, more of an annoyance but as I mentioned, it could be a deal breaker for someone with arthritis or tendinitis. Just a though.
Massdrop has it for 160 right now and haze still covers warranty

troubleontrac,

Philreal187

Finally got home from work and helping get a table for my girl friend knowing my haze was on my porch waiting. So while I have these batteries charging I started just tinkering with the unit. I noticed my glass stem has a very light fit super easy to move never locks into place very well. My stainless steel on is so tight it doesn't even slide down. I haven't tried to force the ss mp in fear of breaking something. I thought maybe once the unit is on and up to temp it might slide in better...?

Any one have feed back to whether this is normal?

NickDlow

Log Hog
Finally got home from work and helping get a table for my girl friend knowing my haze was on my porch waiting. So while I have these batteries charging I started just tinkering with the unit. I noticed my glass stem has a very light fit super easy to move never locks into place very well. My stainless steel on is so tight it doesn't even slide down. I haven't tried to force the ss mp in fear of breaking something. I thought maybe once the unit is on and up to temp it might slide in better...?

My solution is get a wood stem from Ed's TnT. He puts a groove in them so the oring fits in perfectly. I have 2 :cool:

h0neybee

Hi all! I am so excited!! My orchid Haze just came today!!!! It's beautiful and smaller than I thought which makes me very happy! I hope it's cool to post coupon codes here because I got mine from vapor seller dot com with code REALHAZE and they take $60 off. I just checked now before posting this to make sure it's still legit and it is but I'm not sure for how much longer. It's part of their anniversary sale.

The multipurpose cans are also on sale for $8.99 so I picked up a set of those. I got the Haze vaporizer, a spare set of cans plus a grinder for $198 no tax and it got here in 5 days free shipping. Anyhow I hope it helps someone here.

I am so excited to try it with my medicine. So far I've sterilized it and the parts and am waiting for the batteries to fully charge. I did try it out with just a small amount of MMJ and with some chamomile only because I wanted to show my husband.

I'm a little concerned though because there was no vapor cloud at all from either bowl but the taste was awesome. I also tried some crushed mint as well. I had to get to an appointment so I couldn't really try the medication much but I will again before bed tonight. I think I read that no visible vapor is normal with the convention screens and AP can but I'm coming from an Arizer Solo so maybe I'm spoiled? Will it take time getting used to no cloud output? If that's the case I'm even more excited because that makes it even more stealthy with no visible cloud but being able to get medicated!???

I skimmed through a few posts above and will dig in more later now that I finally have one, but I wanted to say I too and struggling a tad with the battery door. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon. Also the "switch" flips really easier, without much resistance and that kind of surprised me. It seems like it's almost "too easy" to flip the switch and I wonder if it will get switch on accidentally while transporting it. This is just my initial impression though. I'm still so so so excited to finally have it. I was having trouble transporting the Arizer Solo on the go and also drawing from it was hurting my throat. It seems like the Haze will soon be a dream come true!!

UnshavenFish

Mine is the same, glass is easier (As with most glass i think this will vary from piece to piece) to slide in and out but holds fine, i mostly use the steel mp as my haze is my out and about vape.

I find turning/twisting as i insert makes it easier to get it in there (make your own joke here:lol:)

Now heat might help but the oven is a bit of distance away and with no mp i don't think it would get hot where you need, but maybe using the glass mp for a bowl then try inserting the steel could help.

And remember no matter how loud you shout at the charger it wont go faster :lmao:Just gotta wait to get hazed:science: I would wish you luck but you wont need it:tup:

Edit: Ed's TNT WonG also works nice as a mp :clap:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Hi all! I am so excited!! My orchid Haze just came today!!!! It's beautiful and smaller than I thought which makes me very happy! I hope it's cool to post coupon codes here because I got mine from vapor seller dot com with code REALHAZE and they take $60 off. I just checked now before posting this to make sure it's still legit and it is but I'm not sure for how much longer. It's part of their anniversary sale.

The multipurpose cans are also on sale for $8.99 so I picked up a set of those. I got the Haze vaporizer, a spare set of cans plus a grinder for $198 no tax and it got here in 5 days free shipping. Anyhow I hope it helps someone here.

I am so excited to try it with my medicine. So far I've sterilized it and the parts and am waiting for the batteries to fully charge. I did try it out with just a small amount of MMJ and with some chamomile only because I wanted to show my husband.

I'm a little concerned though because there was no vapor cloud at all from either bowl but the taste was awesome. I also tried some crushed mint as well. I had to get to an appointment so I couldn't really try the medication much but I will again before bed tonight. I think I read that no visible vapor is normal with the convention screens and AP can but I'm coming from an Arizer Solo so maybe I'm spoiled? Will it take time getting used to no cloud output? If that's the case I'm even more excited because that makes it even more stealthy with no visible cloud but being able to get medicated!???

I skimmed through a few posts above and will dig in more later now that I finally have one, but I wanted to say I too and struggling a tad with the battery door. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon. Also the "switch" flips really easier, without much resistance and that kind of surprised me. It seems like it's almost "too easy" to flip the switch and I wonder if it will get switch on accidentally while transporting it. This is just my initial impression though. I'm still so so so excited to finally have it. I was having trouble transporting the Arizer Solo on the go and also drawing from it was hurting my throat. It seems like the Haze will soon be a dream come true!!

If you use the conduction screens, I think you will find the clouds satisfying. Solo is conduction :worms:which is why you see those big vapor clouds. I own both. Love them both. Work them both

:whip:Haze V2.5

P.S. Welcome you and your Husband to the Haze Family.

Philreal187

Thanks for the replies,
I kept gently working with the steel and it found its way in the hole haha. It was a tight fit but once worked thru a few times it smoothed out.
I knew Ed made wongs for the haze but just a few days ago i found out that he makes stems and piu has them in stock!! Now I just gotta figure out if i need to get a quick fix or wait and place a custom order with ed... My gut says wait and do it up right, but my mind saying get the stem and have ed do something later down the road haha tough chooses.

What really drew me into this vape for replacing my pinnacle pro was the all purpose cans. So to start my haze journey I wanted to do my initial burn off with the cans. The first one i turned to temp 3 let sit for a min and then bumped to 4 until the automatic shutoff kicked in. I repeated the same steps for the second. But half way thru I opened the door to the bowls. I seen decent about of off gas which i believe was coming from the silicone lid.
So i went thru the cycles again with each chamber and still noticed visual gases when i open the door. I got to thinking because i wanted to try this vape before the i was asleep that i would cut a screen to replace the silicone. So I found an old whip screen to my vapor bros hose and cut it to fit. I packed a can placed the screen on top and set it to 3. It was a bit wispy just seemed a little thinner than i was hoping for. I am not using this as any judgement upon how the haze functions because this was a desperate stoned modification in order to vape more haha. But I did do 2 sessions on the can and got the abv very dark, much like u could get on setting four with the pnp.

With that battery having around 6 sessions I pulled it to be charged.

I took one convection screen and one conduction screen packed each one nice and full. Put my other full battery in and slid the metal mp into place. The haze is ready to see a full 12 plus hour day at my work. Im hoping to find time to try these 2 bowls and really get a feel for how the haze performs.

Over all my first opinions on the haze is its a huge upgrade from my pinnacle pro which was my first portable.Really like the all in one style, the mp and 2 bowls packed ready to travel in one small flask shape. The exchangeable batteries are all new to me but its starting to sink in how nice and convenient it is to just keep going. I really like all the aesthetics the haze has to offer. I'm excited to keep experimenting every way to use dry herb with the haze as my traveling stealth vape.

h0neybee

If you use the conduction screens, I think you will find the clouds satisfying. Solo is conduction :worms:which is why you see those big vapor clouds. I own both. Love them both. Work them both

:whip:Haze V2.5

P.S. Welcome you and your Husband to the Haze Family.
Thanks!
Finally got to have a session with it all to myself. HOLY COW...soooo much easier to draw and I finally saw vapor and it was fine. This is so much better than my Solo.
I really want to stick with convection because I don't want my herb to come in direct contact with the heat source.

Now I just need to figure out how to prevent particles from coming up the mouthpiece. I'm using the AP cans but I think I grinded too fine.

Also, how is the silicone cap on the cans not exposing our lungs to anything dangerous? I know it's "food grade" silicone, but what does that mean? Doesn't anything leech out when heated? I haven't been able to bring myself to bake food with silicone bakeware yet either but I imagine this is similar?

UnshavenFish

burn off with the cans

Now i could be wrong here but with empty cans the temp should get hotter than normal, i think i remember others have had "off gas" this way.

I never noticed this but never tried a empty burn off until after i had ran a few bowls through, so it could be worth trying an AVB bowl or two then try empty see if this helps.

Also the can lids direct the air flow so without them your results will be less.

@h0neybee a fine grind should be ok but try tamping the load down a little so its about 3/4 full, although the haze is versatile so will give results almost anyway you use it:clap:

Last edited:

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
yeah I noticed some burn off gas the first time I turned it on, but then just said screw it and didn't notice any taste or anything and just vaped n pretty sure its gone so I wouldn't really worry.

as far as grind goes I either go with a pretty avg, nothing all that tiny or sometimes don't even grind and just pluck a few small pieces and throw them in the can

NickDlow

Log Hog
Now I just need to figure out how to prevent particles from coming up the mouthpiece. I'm using the AP cans but I think I grinded too fine.

I personally, cut a conduction screen up into threes and place one on top of my herb in my cans then place the lid on. You can grind as fine as you want with no worries. In the haze best of thread, I believe my little tutorial is there with pics n all.

Count Vapula

First off, I thank all on FC for helping me decide on the Haze vaporizer. Swappable protected 18650 battery, dual chambers, vape just about any material, so it seems. 10 year warranty and what sounds like awesome CS. I guess I should also thank Haze Tech for making such a great product and being a great company.

This is my first vaporizing experience. Used many pipes, bubblers, water pipes(bongs), steam roller, an occasional pop can, paper towel tube with foil and a couple hot knives with a paper cone. Gave it up because I was tired of burning my throat and lungs. Also was not fond of inhaling butane.

Now here I am with my very own Haze vaporizer which I received on Thursday. Nice packaging and product. Used my Xtar vp2 charger to charge up the batteries at 1A setting. Topped both batteries out at 4.2v, no problem. I noticed how similar the Haze charger is to the Nitecore i2. I'm thinking they are made by the same company.

Used the Haze last night for the first time. Started on the lowest setting and worked my way up to the highest...setting. Great flavor transmission and stayed cool enough through all settings. Didn't notice any off tastes. Didn't get a lot of visible vapor but I wasn't standing under a spotlight looking for it, either. I could tell the unit was doing its job and doing it with 5 stars.

I also tried it with my Fenix 3400mAh flashlight battery and it seemed to work fine. Will have to do some more tests with that one, since I was already Hazed up by the time I swapped batteries. Unprotected 18650s won't work without modifications, which is probably a good thing for most. I would try but I don't see much point, unless I start having some serious vape parties. The Haze has a way to indicate low battery voltage, which would help keep one from over discharging an unprotected battery.

I did notice that the battery door is a bit fiddly and the locking mechanism seems a bit weak. I would be worried about dropping the unit on the battery door. I saw a picture of one of the tabs snapped off after the unit was dropped. I also agree with the opening of the oven door being slightly difficult. I don't have problems with my hands but it could cause pain or difficulty to those that have problems. A sliding switch lock would be a nice feature to open the oven door and possibly battery door.

Probably do some more testing later on today. Will also introduce it to couple of combusters today and have a feeling will make them converts.

Last edited:

scottg402

I demo'd a bunch of vapes for one of my combusting buddies yesterday. Regarding the portables, between the Air, Crafty, Solo and Haze, he seemed most interested in the Haze. I simply described the features and price for each one and let him hold them.

He liked the look and feel of the Haze and thought it was cool it had so many screen/can options.

I asked him if him or his friends knew anything about vaporizers and he said they knew about them but hadn't been around it (he's normally using j's and bong's).

Then we tried it and he was blown away by the flavor. Said he never would have noticed the complex taste of the strain we were using if he was smoking. I'm like yeah, I know. You are never going to want to go back to smoking.

I went on about the other benefits of vaporizing including health, efficiency and smell. He seemed interested. I brought my Solo to leave him so I explained how that one works. I would have left him my backup Haze but that's not available now. When I get it back I'm giving it to him and hopefully I can convert him and some of his buddies!

It's amazing how little people know about vaporizing. I see that changing dramatically in the next five years and I'm doing all I can to help!

Last edited:

h0neybee

I did notice that the battery door is a bit fiddly and the locking mechanism seems a bit weak. I would be worried about dropping the unit on the battery door. I saw a picture of one of the tabs snapped off after the unit was dropped. I also agree with the opening of the oven door being slightly difficult. I don't have problems with my hands but it could cause pain or difficulty to those that have problems. A sliding switch lock would be a nice feature to open the oven door and possibly battery door

I agree. My concern is for medicinal users like myself who suffer from chronic pain and some with hand arthritis could really have a hard time with the battery door as it is now.

I would like to see Haze improve battery door design and function to accommodate accessibility issues.

In regards to the door, I like how it's tough to open as it should be, but perhaps an illustration in the manual showing how you need to use several fingertips to pry it open. Once I figured that out I was happy. I kept accidentally turning the unit on. I kind of wish the "on switch" part had a tad bit more resistance. I noticed after heating it up it is working better. These are just small growing pains and constructive critiques of the unit. I'm in love with it!

Vapor Loop

My solution is get a wood stem from Ed's TnT. He puts a groove in them so the oring fits in perfectly. I have 2 :cool:

I remember the first production model Haze had a groove in it's ss mp. I figured they stopped because it pulled out the o ring. I am simply just guessing on why they stopped.

As far as burn offs go you just need to do that on new can lid's, They gas pretty heavy too. I like to go 20 min each myself.

Count Vapula

I noticed a slight stem rattle when carrying the Haze in my pocket. I have thought about getting a small o-ring gasket or something similar that fits around the top of the stem. Some sort of sleeve to silence the rattling noise. I like to be silent and stealthy.

I also had an idea after reading a post a few days ago asking about making the stem shorter for more stealth missions. I don't recall the poster but I thought about holding the stem just above the vapor inlet on whichever oven is in use. This could cut the stem length in half. Might have a tiny bit of air coming in the gap at the top of the stem. My rubber o-ring silencer might double as a half height stealth stem holder and seal.

Vapor Loop

Just a head's up other stuff does rattle a bit in there too. I know this because i normally use mine enough to get a stuck stem while out, So i don't even store it in the unit. I even notice a little rattle even with no batteries or cans in the unit.

Vapor Loop,

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
I noticed a slight stem rattle when carrying the Haze in my pocket. I have thought about getting a small o-ring gasket or something similar that fits around the top of the stem. Some sort of sleeve to silence the rattling noise. I like to be silent and stealthy.

I also had an idea after reading a post a few days ago asking about making the stem shorter for more stealth missions. I don't recall the poster but I thought about holding the stem just above the vapor inlet on whichever oven is in use. This could cut the stem length in half. Might have a tiny bit of air coming in the gap at the top of the stem. My rubber o-ring silencer might double as a half height stealth stem holder and seal.
not sure which but I remember seeing a video review where the guy took the stem out and flipped it upside down... would really only be a decent method for the bottom(right) oven but its something

vapebuddy13,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Count Vapula

I agree. My concern is for medicinal users like myself who suffer from chronic pain and some with hand arthritis could really have a hard time with the battery door as it is now.

I would like to see Haze improve battery door design and function to accommodate accessibility issues.

In regards to the door, I like how it's tough to open as it should be, but perhaps an illustration in the manual showing how you need to use several fingertips to pry it open. Once I figured that out I was happy. I kept accidentally turning the unit on. I kind of wish the "on switch" part had a tad bit more resistance. I noticed after heating it up it is working better. These are just small growing pains and constructive critiques of the unit. I'm in love with it!

Yes, thinking about someone with your condition that may not have the easiest and pain free time opening the doors. A slightly recessed spring loaded door release switch or button might be nice, instead of the snap lock.

I guess if it's a problem for a lot of people then Haze will most likely consider the idea.

Top Bottom