• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Dual V3

scottg402

Good to hear!!! @virtualpurple I ordered 4 more cans on top of the 4 I have cuz the preloading is badass lol thanks to Scott I believe. In the can on the 4th temp is my sweet spot. It's produces nice dense clouds and the session last a good amount of time. Well u won't be disappointed when it comes in. Enjoy!!

I am glad you guys are finding enjoyment on preloading the cans. This is such an awesome feature IMO.

I had been looking for something like this ever since I owned a portable vape and am thrilled it worked!

I use the same temperature setting Nick with the cans. .

I also find that four temperature settings is just fine. I like the ability to have different levels but personally don't have the need to adjust between just a few degrees.

virtualpurple

I'm about to start making my own also I jus bought my equipment. My problem I don't trust peoples prices n quality. I live in a mmj state also but I don't have a card because of my job. There are a few different ways of extraction to choose from so do ur research n be safe bro

My job also likely wouldn't be happy if I were to test positive as I work in the medical field. However, I never consume prior to work or at all during my work week.

Please keep us posted on how well your extractions work for you, I'll be very interested to hear the results.

trevorzamani

Virtualpurple looking forward to your feedback. I believe you will enjoy it as much as we do. If you figure out any other innovative ways like Scott, please share it. I love this fill the can concept. We smoked all day today without touching a grinder, cleaning or reloading. now using the last can watching the fireworks.

trevorzamani,
Reactions: NickDlow

NickDlow

Log Hog
IMO it doesn't impair me at work I'm in a construction type field. Honestly it keeps me from flipping out on stupid ppl lol

I will let u know when I start and my results but I'll prob be posting that in the concentrates for noobs thread

scottg402

Now that I know for sure that you can use herb in the oil cans for "PR" vape sessions I went ahead and ordered more. I dump the ABV and soak the cans daily but I only want to have to grind/clean/load once per week so I needed more to keep in the rotation. Either that or cut down consumption and that ain't happening! Lol

I also love how easy these are to load/clean. Just drop them in a pile of herb and smoosh it in there and throw the rubber cap on.

Cleaning is easy too. Scrape them out and drop them in iso. I use a small container with a lid so I can agitate them and they come out completely clean without having to wipe them down.

I used Mr. Weed's code (Thx). It worked on accessories but won't work on the main unit.

You guys cleaned the main yet? I dropped a q-tip dipped in iso down the channel where the mouthpiece goes. Got the amount of resin you would expect. Then soaked the mouthpiece in iso and wiped down the bowl tray's where the cans drop in.

So easy to clean this thing! Love it!

I also like all the accessories they provide. They didn't skimp on anything.

The tweezer/shovel tool is da bomb! I use it for everything! Pick material, scrape and clean, pull hot cans out, pull the mouthpiece out if it's sticky (that is what prompted me to clean). Nice touch there!

I also like that they provide two mouthpieces. Great if you have a preference (glass v. stainless) but also keeps you going. Soak one and use the other. Just like the oil cans you are never down. Also since one is metal you don't ever have to worry about breaking them all and not being able to use the device (like Ascent).

So for me here is the deal so far.....

This thing is better/as good as the Ascent in pretty much ever way with maybe the exception of water attachments (which I am sure someone will figure out for this thing).

The Pax has thinner profile but is longer and the oil can with herb solution makes the Haze a possible leader for taking it out and about.

Some feedback to Haze now for v2 to make it a sure thing over the Pax........

They need to come up with a shorter mouthpiece or one that clicks out in stages to full extension. I was goofing around and testing it's stealth capabilities. I tried to palm it and push the mouthpiece down (similar to the Ascent where you can leave it down). It kept dropping all the way down which would be fine except of the way the mouthpiece comes out of the hinge that switches the bowl heating.

Speaking of which, personally I would get rid of that whole design and move the switch. You can keep the entire design almost all together, just move the switch. That solves the plastic hinge problem and creates a smooth surface to pull on where you could probably leave the mouthpiece down and get some draw suction like you can do on the Ascent.

I understand that whole switch is supposed to prevent it from turning on and is a bit of a "unique design" marketing gimmick but for me it's kind of a pain.

I hope I'm not bursting someone's bubble!

I would rather have something more basic like a power switch somewhere else on the unit (with some sort of safety cover if you are worried about it getting turned on accidentally) and a simple mouthpiece that comes out of a smooth surface.

If they could fix that I would say the Haze would be better than the Pax in every way because although it's a bit wider you can still palm it but it is also shorter so a bit if the advantage there.

I want the ability to use this in a chill setting with the mouthpiece fully extended or pushed down in stealth mode when I would be out and about.

This is by no means a show stopper though. Still love the device as is. Just feedback to them and a way you could take away the only somewhat advantage the Pax may have over the Haze. At least IMO.....

As I stated before I am happy I still have my Pax but if I had to choose only one at this point in time I would choose.............

THE HAZE!!!!!

The dual bowl, removable battery and oil can solution are just too much. Plus maintenance is easier (with no fuggin lube!!), cool tools and a very small but slightly different footprint are just too much for the Pax. This is coming from a guy who swore by the Pax before I got my hands on this!

For me if they just make those adjustments I referenced above it would be an absolute no brainer for anyone to choose this over the Pax and it already beats the Ascent without any real argument.

That's all for now guys......more later....

Last edited by a moderator:

NickDlow

Log Hog
Yea Scott I totally agree haze knocked it out of the park with accessories. The shovel tweezer is the balls. I use it for everything just like Scott, the shovel is great to load my keif. Also taking out those hot oil cans and dumping while is out makes it less to clean.

Idk how much u guys use ur haze but if we're talking about cans I prob go through 8-10+ a day. So I've cleaned my main twice already, putting my guy through some overtime haha. Plus smoking that keif, some it got into the main so I had to clean that.

I kinda wish they had the mouth piece slightly spring loaded or some thing to avoid that resin stick. But it's no big deal to wipe some ISO on it and in the main quick.

Also I agree with you Scott, about the switch up top. There has to be a better concept. I have no doubt haze is already looking at that or that the impression I got from their email when I have them feedback.

So if these minute problems are corrected and they come out with a v2 I have no doubt in my mind I will be one of the first in line to get it discount or not. Tbh they seem like they take care of their customers so I bet they will provide a discount if u own one of their first gens.

As far as add on's, yea they're pretty cool but I bet we will be seeing some of those soon.

All in all this unit is top shelf but my pax is still right next to it haha. To say one is better than the other is still to tough for me. I think it's going to come down as my pax is for vaping at work lol. And my haze will be for everything and everywhere else.

Well all we can do is just enjoy this bad boy and wait to see if they do some upgrades. We are keeping this thread front page so gopefully more ppl see this and we get more members who own a haze giving feedback and new ideas.

Till next time guys,
Nick

@scottg402 or @trevorzamani, do you notice your heat up time around 3 min with a full can of herb? Cuz mine does. Also when it's sticky have u pulled up ur rubber stopper for the mouth piece? Neither are serious but I was just wondering. Let me know please guys thanks.

Last edited:

trevorzamani

Nick

When i use dry herb with any of the convection and conduction screens, it heats upto 4th temp in 1 minute. When i used Scott's method which is dry herb in oil can, i notice that it takes little longer to max temp. About 2.5 mins or so

trevorzamani,
Hi guys , I am new here. I received my Haze last week. I own an Ascent (since they first released it) and a Pax for last 6 months (which was a gift from my hubby). My initial experience with Haze is similar to what everybody else typed here. I think it is an amazing vaporizer. What you guys are talking about, using the oil can to vaporize dry herb grabbed my attention. Can you please explain further. Do I remove the wick completely for this? Thanks for your help. I can share more feedback if you like soon

JuliaTrento,
Reactions: 215z

trevorzamani

Yes Julia. You need to remove the wick and place your dry herb directly into the oil can. Place the lid back on and place the can into the chamber. You are good to go. Do not overfill the can. It performs better that way. I still use the screens at home but i take the cans out. We went through many cans yesterday. I will share some pictures when i get them from my buddy.

trevorzamani,

scottg402

Nick

When i use dry herb with any of the convection and conduction screens, it heats upto 4th temp in 1 minute. When i used Scott's method which is dry herb in oil can, i notice that it takes little longer to max temp. About 2.5 mins or so

Yep...takes a bit longer but worth the wait if you value the convenience when you are out.

Julia, congrats and welcome! Looking forward to hearing your opinion!

Nick, I still love my Pax a lot too. Just used it today and I wouldn't want to go without. Its just my opinion that I think the Haze makes more sense for those who only have the budget for one based on the versatility.

trevorzamani

Hi guys , I am new here. I received my Haze last week. I own an Ascent (since they first released it) and a Pax for last 6 months (which was a gift from my hubby). My initial experience with Haze is similar to what everybody else typed here. I think it is an amazing vaporizer. What you guys are talking about, using the oil can to vaporize dry herb grabbed my attention. Can you please explain further. Do I remove the wick completely for this? Thanks for your help. I can share more feedback if you like soon
Julia

To answer your question. This is how you do it below. I showed this to my buddy who just got his unit and we combined all cans together. See below.

You need to remove the lid of the oil can and remove the wick inside (it is for liquids and oils). After that, pack the can with your dry herb (like I said do not overfill for better performance. It still works fine but if you pack loose, your draws are very smooth). Once your cans are filled, place the lid back on. They should look like this below:

photo33.jpg

Once these babies are packed. You can drop them in the chambers. No mess, no spill, nothing to grind or refill, nothing to clean when you are out at a concert or camping. That's why I like it a lot, thanks to @scottg402 who gave us the idea. As you are done with one can, simply swap with a fresh one. See below:

photo4.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions. Please also share your feedback. One great concept came out of this thread like this one and maybe we can find more ways to enjoy this device.

Thank you Trevor.

This is so cool. I have been using Haze with keif and it works like a charm. I use much less content and get way longer draws out of it. My husband also does wax and dry and when I saw this thread. It grabbed my attention. Currently I have two oil cans. I will clean them tomorrow and will use it with dry as you explained. I may order more cans if this works as you guys explained since we are outdoors a lot and this will be a life saver.

So far both me and my husband like this product better than our Pax since it has much easier draw and it lasts way longer with a single full chamber. We have gone through half of our usual content for the same time period and we are heavy users. This will save me ton of $$$. My husband use MMJ for pain but I do for leisure. He has way more tolerance than me but even he is feeling this. I also like the removable battery. I got 2 extra so 4 in total. I like my Ascent but Haze is a step up for sure. It tastes better and way more effective in terms of the density of the vapor. Again, my husband is more hardcore than me and he never liked Ascent from the day we tried it first since it was harder to operate, difficult to maintain and he claims that he cannot get enough vapor out of it. I thought it was fine. If i have to choose between all 3, I would go with Haze now, so does Justin.

I will let you know how this dry herb can stuff works for us tomorrow. We have a deep seas fishing trip and I will pack both cans.

J.

NickDlow

Log Hog
I hear u @scottg402 if I could only have one bottom line... I'd choose the haze too. It's just way to impressive.

@trevorzamani great tutorial. Now everyone can get a look especially people who don't have the unit.

@JuliaTrento welcome to the Haze party. You and ur husband will like this unit even more with time. How does your husband like vaping the wax in this guy? Also the herb in the can is killer u will def be buying more cans. I know I have 4 on the way on top of the 4 I have now I don't even use my screens at all. I think the vapor is more dense in the oil can than the conduction screen to be honest. So if u n ur husband like thick vapor u will he satisfied haha. Well share your thoughts and ur husband's. I Can't wait to hear what u guys think.

Nick

NickDlow,

llamaman001

With the 10 year warranty and the multiple functions I might just have to pick this one up! What is the load size WITH and WITHOUT the oil cans?

Im considering this or going the super cheap route and getting a old school walkie talkie davinci, saving me 150

llamaman001,

trevorzamani

I wish they offered an affiliate program. I could make some serious comm out of this product. Since Thursday, 4 of my friends and my cousin bought Haze after using mine. By the way, I am totally out of wax and it is difficult to get here . Bummer !!!! Maybe Nick can teach us the way so i can make my own. I am going to stick with dry herb today. Also, did you guys notice how wax is evenly distributed at the bottom of the can and every bit of it vaporizes with drag after drag. One dab takes a long while . I know Scott does not do wax but this comment goes to Nick....i love this thing...

trevorzamani,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm curious about the thermal insulation between the two bowls. If you fill both with herb and run the first on max temperature (until depleted) is the second one still completely green or is it discolored a bit already?

I'm really intrigued by this device but learning that some parts that looked like aluminium were only coated plastics was a bit of a deception already, but the real show-stopper for me is the number of temperature settings.

You guyz seem to dismiss that important point when you compare the Haze with the Ascent. I couldn't imagine having a vape with so little control, seeing I adjust my levels with every different strain I have. I do anywhere from two to seven different temp levels per bowl, and the temps completely depend on what I'm vaping, so there's no "perfect spot" for me.

trevorzamani

With the 10 year warranty and the multiple functions I might just have to
With the 10 year warranty and the multiple functions I might just have to pick this one up! What is the load size WITH and WITHOUT the oil cans?

Im considering this or going the super cheap route and getting a old school walkie talkie davinci, saving me 150

The individual chamber size is larger than my DaVinci. It is smaller than Pax but if you pack both bowls, you get more in there than Pax. If you have the budget, dont think twice. Both Pax and Haze are way superior products.

trevorzamani,

scottg402

I think Trevor made a direct comparison between the original DaVinci and this so he is probably your best resource to discuss the differences.

As for load size, I haven't weighed it out yet but next time I am fooling with my prep work I will take some measurements and respond.

Some of this also depends how you grind and pack it too. I grind fine and pack a bit tighter (like a Pax) so my draws are a bit more restrictive but my sessions also tend to last longer.

Without weighting it out I would guess each bowl is taking between .25 - .5 grams.

You are going to load the cans with a bit less because those cans just drop right into the same bowl area and you need to leave room for the rubber top without completely over stuffing it like Trevor mentioned.

JMO now and admittedly I have never used the DaVinci model you are speaking of but just from comparing on paper you should consider this.

For $100 extra you get....

*dual bowl
*conduction and convection capabilities
*removable battery (comes with two so you are never down)
*oil cans that work for wax/oil and herb
*multiple mouthpieces that are simple to remove for easy cleaning
*a total package with all the tools you need to keep this thing running.
*10 year warranty which I assume is well beyond the DaVinci

To me it's worth the extra coin but I understand that to others the $100 is more important.

If that is the case and you still want the Haze you can maybe wait for a working coupon code from Vaporiserusa.net.

I got mine in preorder for less than $220 because at the time the promo covered the Haze. As of now I am not aware of a working code out there.

Good luck!

scottg402,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

trevorzamani

I'm curious about the thermal insulation between the two bowls. If you fill both with herb and run the first on max temperature (until depleted) is the second one still completely green or is it discolored a bit already?

I'm really intrigued by this device but learning that some parts that looked like aluminium were only coated plastics was a bit of a deception already, but the real show-stopper for me is the number of temperature settings.

You guyz seem to dismiss that important point when you compare the Haze with the Ascent. I couldn't imagine having a vape with so little control, seeing I adjust my levels with every different strain I have. I do anywhere from two to seven different temp levels per bowl, and the temps completely depend on what I'm vaping, so there's no "perfect spot" for me.
If you are particular with precise temperature and digital control, you are right. I never had an Ascent but my DaVinci has that. I do not play with the temperature settings much since i use few herb types but there are a lot of people who use precise temperatures. Ascent maybe a better choice at that time if it performs better of course. Like i said, i never owned one. Few people here commented that Haze performs better but i cannot be a judge of that. Regarding the bowl insulation on Haze, i have a picture of my cousin with his finger inside the unheated bowl where the other one is at 4th temp. :) it was a dare event and surprising. i will share tonight. The outside cosmetic cover is some form of a hard plastic and i cannot imagine that they can use metal over there since it would get too hot to touch i believe.

trevorzamani,

llamaman001

Ive tried nearly every portable vaporizer out there, except for the rip-offs and odd balls. I think Im going to sell what I currently own and snag one of these, Im half way there with the funds so getting rid of my other vape will give me some more room for some added accessories.

Maybe its just me but I HATE buying a new product. I like to wait a while to hear a few things but with the 10 year warranty and removable battery I think Ill be just fine!

llamaman001,
Reactions: scottg402

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don't know if I would like to only rely on temp 375 and 410 as my vaping temperatures. With the Ascent you can dial your temps to what you want. I find that some herbs don't respond as well when you can only have 2 vaping temps to choose from. Some herb I may want to vape at 385 degrees I wouldnt have that temp choice with the Haze.

It looks like a nice unit, but I don't know if I would purchase one because of the temp settings.

scottg402

If you are particular with precise temperature and digital control, you are right. I never had an Ascent but my DaVinci has that. I do not play with the temperature settings much since i use few herb types but there are a lot of people who use precise temperatures. Ascent maybe a better choice at that time if it performs better of course. Like i said, i never owned one. Few people here commented that Haze performs better but i cannot be a judge of that. Regarding the bowl insulation on Haze, i have a picture of my cousin with his finger inside the unheated bowl where the other one is at 4th temp. :) it was a dare event and surprising. i will share tonight. The outside cosmetic cover is some form of a hard plastic and i cannot imagine that they can use metal over there since it would get too hot to touch i believe.

I had the Ascent and you are right on the temp. controls. If that is a show stopper then this is probably not for you.

Personally I never worried about it too much.

For my Pax I use low in the beginning and bump to medium when I get about half way through a session.

When I had the Ascent I would also adjust it through the session but only once or twice and usually in increments of five degrees or so.

With the Haze I start on level three and move up to four mid way through the session.

Again sufficient for me but I respect others who have a need/want for additional control.

One nice feature the Haze does have is it blinks to let you know when is back up to ideal temperature after a draw. I am not aware of another device that does that.

Like Trevor said, probably annoying for some and useful to others. With my vaping style/preferences I didn't find it necessary to wait every time I took a draw but I am also the guy not too hung up on the overall temp. Good taste and thick vapor clouds is my measuring stick for success! .

Last edited:
scottg402,
Reactions: KeroZen
Top Bottom