1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Haze Square

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by scottg402, Feb 3, 2016.

1. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

Just remember what strain is in which bowl haha.

MikeG7265 likes this.
  2. Haze Vaporizers

Haze Vaporizers Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Sellers/Distributors will start receiving inventory during Phase 2. The incentives are only available through our preorder run on our website and it will be discontinued by phase 3.

3. KLo

KLo No Ember

What temp?

Have you tried w/ concentrates at 480? I attempted w/ default high temp ( red?) and the flavour got basted with silicone. Hate that. Guessing at 480 it may hit quicker, decreasing the chance of funky taste?? A bit dubious. Always have a side-eye on silicone.

While on topic of temps...a few posts ago I threw up the shoulders re backlight memory. My mistake. Somehow was colour blind. Been mostly hitting on lower temps and obv didn't register the subtleties blue-to-purp. Seshing in front of a color monitor switched up my vision. Will be customizing sometime in the future. Will be nice to switch up the lights. Haptic is on point, tho. Very sexy vibrations!

4. subway13029

subway13029 Well-Known Member

Packed a half bowl like usual at lunch today and with my usual method it combusted instantly..and i cleaned the pod out and was pissed so i loaded another and got a great hit and then combustion..totally gross..but im thinking i may have a clog? Or need a clean? Ive only used few times but material sticks to those ss screens..so my accesories serm to be lost in transit..usps sucks..my tracking keeps changing but ill have my deep clean tray and hopefully can clean thia baby up. And get back to great reaults..

Vapin in the usa likes this.
  5. Volteric

Volteric Well-Known Member

So having used quite a number of portable vapes my main faves have been FF2 and the Crafty. Imagine a FF2 or Crafty with4 chambers and viola! You have the Haze Square!

6. RogueGuy

RogueGuy There's nothing like living in Southern Oregon

The stock high temp which is 430 I think. No lid and when I hit this bowl I go button down. Double and triple press works great but I think it would be better at 450-480.

The more I use this vaporizer the more I like it.

KLo, Stdudez, jfkdidit and 2 others like this.
  7. Archaicrevival

Archaicrevival Well-Known Member

8. django7

django7 Well-Known Member

The Square is becoming my favorite vape ever. That is all.

9. RogueGuy

When you combust are you getting a few pieces or full on black char. I had a really good run and then a couple in a row. One just a little and one where, when the ABV was popped out like a cake, you could see the shape of the coil in black. Both on mid to lower presets.

@Haze Vaporizers any thoughts on bowls that are 1/2-3/4 depth to give some air space between the bowl and element?

I can also see that the coil sits slightly higher in the tray at the top of the loop. This also seems to loosely correspond with where I find charing.

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 10:53 PM
    Sonicboom1991 likes this.
  10. Barnacleaz

Barnacleaz Member

So, my toy came back home and I finally had a moment. Thanks @Haze Vaporizers for your continued diligence! Everything felt smooth, symmetrical, complete, and more consistent while turning chambers.
    After the mildest wiping down and prepping a few pods, and double-checking which-way-is-that, I had a few minutes alone to walk and play.
    There's really nothing to this, is there? Or do the AK-47 wielding, lemon cake girl scouts just make it look so simple? Press a few seconds, draw before haptic, forget you're inhaling, repeat. :sherlock:
    Anyway, all good, no hassle, little effort in the end. Love it!

KLo, Summer, Stdudez and 6 others like this.
  11. Vapin in the usa

Vapin in the usa Hit em with the hein!

Can anyone giving these rave reviews do a demo/video?

12. Wrinklie

Wrinklie New Member

I’m glad everyone is having such a good time with the Square. I just sent mine back.

February 15th, 2018.

I owned a Haze3 and like one commenter, I found that using concentrates could get messy. So much so that I sent it back to Haze for servicing.

March 5th.

When I hadn’t heard anything back, I sent an email asking when I could expect my repaired Haze3 back.

March 6th.

I get this response: “I see a part is ordered for this return which we will cover the cost under warranty. We should be able to ship this out late this week or Monday the latest.”

March 19th.

Thirteen days later, no vaporizer. No messages. After I sent another email, the real problem came to light when I was informed: “Our latest Dual V3 inventory came in with a material issue on units and parts and right now sent back to the factory for renewal.” So, not only did they NOT fix it, they didn’t even have the parts and then didn’t bother to tell me until I poked the bear thirteen days later. It seems Haze is in the same boat with it's manufacture as is Ford - inability to produce parts or even the entire unit.

March 20th.

It’s now been more than a month since this all started and I agreed to the compromise of exchanging the Dual for the Square since it looked interesting.

April 3rd.

When no replacement had arrived, I sent an email asking when I could expect my replacement.

April 26th. The Square finally arrived.

From the mailing back for repairs to my Dual until the Square actually arrived was 69 days. This, alone, is unacceptable, but there’s more. The Brick.

The first thing I noticed is that the Square is a brick. It weights more than my Pax 2 and my Crafty together. Next, the accompanying users manual states there’s an app for both Windows and Mac. There’s not. It also states: “For Pro Version (which I have) you may also use USB-C attached to a computer for faster charging.” When it failed to charge at all, I questioned what was going on? I got: "The USB to computer does not provide enough power to successfully charge your Square.” Huh? Ok, you can charge it with the wall charger, but, contrary to the user manual, not on computers.

But by far, the biggest problem is the incomplete burning I get. With EVERY packing, only half in each container was vaporized, the rest was unused. I tried various packings, light, loose, heavy, but I never got good vapor and the reason being it was not burning all the content. I sent photos of three separate loads, but all I got back was instructions from the manual - as if I hadn’t read or didn’t understand how to line up the sides or set the pods in the tray correctly or even where the tab part lined up with the open part of the top or, etc. I may be old, but I’m far from stupid.

I don’t use my vaporizer for recreation - it’s how I consume alternative medicine to the opioids doctors keep prescribing me. I’ve been using the Crafty (unreliable, but a great company that backs it’s warranty quickly - three times in my case), the Pax 2 (reliable and a great company), and a desktop that I quit using because it, too, consumed too much) and I’ve had the worst luck with Haze and the Square. As a “heavy user”, I rotate between vaporizers, since none are designed for constant use. I will remove Haze from the rotation and replace it with a Mighty. At least I trust them.

May 15th.

I sent the whole Square package back to Haze and, frankly, I don’t care what they do. I’m tired of messing with it.

I have the emails and receipts to backup this customer service horror story.

StonerSloth, Wildcat and steama like this.
  13. Djsleepy

Djsleepy New Member

hey guys I wanted to share my experience with HAZE so far... I got mine april 20th and first thing noticed was it taking forever to start charging sent it in and it fired right up for them so they fixed seal while it was there and sent back to me about two weeks ltr after mixed results noticed the bottom of my pods were scraping on the heating element down to the metal. before going any further I must explain the following- I had some pods that had clogged holes after cleaning with iso and blowing out so I used a pin to poke the holes open not realizing that the pin was making to holes bigger and causing pods to scrape even more . the techs said the pin pushing thru the metal had caused the bowls to bow out and scrape more, they lowered it for me and I informed that the larger holes had nothing to do with it because I am holding two pods I did not need to use pin to clean and they still had circular scratches on those???They went ahead and lowered it a little more we will see what happens when I get back in a few days - I will let you guys know, they also updated my firmware.

The reason for this post is to let you guys know HAZE will get you fixed, be patient - but provide as much info as possible this will help techs with issues and also with the FAQ on website! If something is still occurring let them know, they want a properly working square in your hands! I believe once all bugs worked out we will all have a new favorite vape! They have been great to me and everytime I have had a concern they have addressed it.

Jill NYC likes this.
  14. Haze Vaporizers

We have been in constant communication with you. The Dual you sent several times have been abused and neglected significantly as you constantly spill concentrates all over it.

We still took care of you and serviced you so many occasions. We even said that maybe the Dual was not a device for you and offered you the Square instead at no cost.

Now you call Square a brick. You sent the threat email on going on forums and bashing us just yesterday so we did not have a chance to respond to it but you picked the wrong forum for your mission.

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 12:13 PM
  15. RogueGuy

Would love to hear how it worked @Djsleepy . I think my coil is too close. I get small charing in every bowl at every temp. If this Charing could be resolved this would be an amazing vaporizer. When it hits properly it's amazing and then totally random char

16. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

The way Haze handles themselves is amazing. They confront the issue right at the onset and can back it up.

mfw0mb, Whisper, Shit Quiet and 4 others like this.
  17. Djsleepy

Djsleepy New Member

I have had those amazing hits as well just few and far between as of yet ….will let everyone know how it works. Ive been told by HAZE to not hold button down whole time drawing as it can char/combust due to fact you are leaving heater on whole time. I was told once it goes green it is at your optimal temp and you can draw till it cools or hold down longer for continous heat this is one thing I will be tesing when I get it back. hope it helps.

18. RogueGuy

@Djsleepy did they actually lower the ceramic body in respect to the metal plate?

I start drawing when I push the button and stop when it turns green and that seems to work well. I've gotten some amazing hits, its super potent. the Char is minimal but the fact that it's charging at all is just making me a little crazy cuz that's the way my head works.

19. Djsleepy

Djsleepy New Member

yes , that maybe why you are charring because you are starting draw before it turns green-this is what I was told by HAZE it goes to 800 degrees when button pushed to heat up coil and get materials ready for vaping then cools to your temp or preset temp when it goes green then you are supposed to draw - I will test this method as well

Alexis and KLo like this.
  20. Haze Vaporizers

Just PM'd you. Can you please send me a picture of the bottom half?

ShovelHead and Jill NYC like this.
  21. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

Just got my Square a few hours ago, charged it up. First time plugged it in it started charging right away when I unplugged to check the bat level it took a long time to start indicating again so I think i'll flash this puppy with the new OS. I tightened a few screws nothing was loose more then 1/4 turn. Loaded up my first bowl and went to happy town.

Started on the lowest setting, got some tasty rips with no visible vapour so I bumped it up to mid level temp and had a few tasty rips with some whispy not so exciting vapour. As a lefty I need to find a better way to hold this without blocking the air intake. I then pumped it up to max and had a really nice rip, was starting to feel that convection heat right on the tip of the tung. I then did a double button press and could really feel the heat now ( in a good way, the feeling of thick hot vapour ) I started drawing hard as I thought I must be close to combustion, the square kept up really nice with the increased draw speed and I exhaled a nice fat vapcap like cloud. Really impressed so far. I could have gotten another nice rip out of this bowl but the day is still young and ima feeling niiiiiice. :cool:

Here's an AVB shot. I think another good pull and it would uniform coffee grind brown.

[​IMG]

Alexis, Sketch420, Stdudez and 5 others like this.
  22. Wrinklie

Wrinklie New Member

I stated my opinion and posted my evidence, so, I'm not going to argue with you.

Btw, here's a photo of the tray: https://ibb.co/dYuvMJ

23. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

@Easywider Thanks for those pics. The ABV looks great. I should be getting mine back in next day or two and hope to have similar results.
    Question for you - how far up bowl did you pack the herb? That looks like a really small amount, like no more than 1/4 full? Maybe even less?

24. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

We have rules on FC to prevent people from using the forum as a platform to bully manufacturers and vendors. You are allowed to post a complaint provided that you are respectful. The company gets one opportunity to respond. We do not allow any further posts on the topic unless they contain new information. You can communicate through PMs, but public posts will be deleted and could result in warning points. Once the dispute is resolved, both parties are allowed to make one post describing the resolution. If there's a stalemate, you can announce that but without further criticism or complaint.

Both you and @Haze Vaporizers have made your allowed posts. Please do not return to this subject unless there is a change in the dispute as I just described. Thanks for your cooperation.

mfw0mb, Stdudez, ShovelHead and 7 others like this.
  25. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

I used some medium-coarse grind that I already had on the go. Filled it up 3/4way slightly tamped. I crumbled it up a bit with my fingers as I emptied it out so it's a lot finer now then when It went in. I just poured the AVB back into the bowl and it's about half full maybe a pinch over. Next bowl I'm going to try a finer grind.

Alexis, Haze Vaporizers and Jill NYC like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors