1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Haze Square

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by scottg402, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Haze Vaporizers

Haze Vaporizers Well-Known Member Manufacturer

We have been in constant communication with you. The Dual you sent several times have been abused and neglected significantly as you constantly spill concentrates all over it.

We still took care of you and serviced you so many occasions. We even said that maybe the Dual was not a device for you and offered you the Square instead at no cost.

Now you call Square a brick. You sent the threat email on going on forums and bashing us just yesterday so we did not have a chance to respond to it but you picked the wrong forum for your mission.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. RogueGuy

RogueGuy There's nothing like living in Southern Oregon

Would love to hear how it worked @Djsleepy . I think my coil is too close. I get small charing in every bowl at every temp. If this Charing could be resolved this would be an amazing vaporizer. When it hits properly it's amazing and then totally random char

3. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

The way Haze handles themselves is amazing. They confront the issue right at the onset and can back it up.

mfw0mb, Whisper, Shit Quiet and 4 others like this.
  4. Djsleepy

Djsleepy Well-Known Member

I have had those amazing hits as well just few and far between as of yet ….will let everyone know how it works. Ive been told by HAZE to not hold button down whole time drawing as it can char/combust due to fact you are leaving heater on whole time. I was told once it goes green it is at your optimal temp and you can draw till it cools or hold down longer for continous heat this is one thing I will be tesing when I get it back. hope it helps.

5. RogueGuy

@Djsleepy did they actually lower the ceramic body in respect to the metal plate?

I start drawing when I push the button and stop when it turns green and that seems to work well. I've gotten some amazing hits, its super potent. the Char is minimal but the fact that it's charging at all is just making me a little crazy cuz that's the way my head works.

6. Djsleepy

yes , that maybe why you are charring because you are starting draw before it turns green-this is what I was told by HAZE it goes to 800 degrees when button pushed to heat up coil and get materials ready for vaping then cools to your temp or preset temp when it goes green then you are supposed to draw - I will test this method as well

Alexis and KLo like this.
  7. Haze Vaporizers

Haze Vaporizers Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Just PM'd you. Can you please send me a picture of the bottom half?

ShovelHead and Jill NYC like this.
  8. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

Just got my Square a few hours ago, charged it up. First time plugged it in it started charging right away when I unplugged to check the bat level it took a long time to start indicating again so I think i'll flash this puppy with the new OS. I tightened a few screws nothing was loose more then 1/4 turn. Loaded up my first bowl and went to happy town.

Started on the lowest setting, got some tasty rips with no visible vapour so I bumped it up to mid level temp and had a few tasty rips with some whispy not so exciting vapour. As a lefty I need to find a better way to hold this without blocking the air intake. I then pumped it up to max and had a really nice rip, was starting to feel that convection heat right on the tip of the tung. I then did a double button press and could really feel the heat now ( in a good way, the feeling of thick hot vapour ) I started drawing hard as I thought I must be close to combustion, the square kept up really nice with the increased draw speed and I exhaled a nice fat vapcap like cloud. Really impressed so far. I could have gotten another nice rip out of this bowl but the day is still young and ima feeling niiiiiice. :cool:

Here's an AVB shot. I think another good pull and it would uniform coffee grind brown.

[​IMG]

Alexis, Sketch420, Stdudez and 5 others like this.
  9. Wrinklie

Wrinklie New Member

I stated my opinion and posted my evidence, so, I'm not going to argue with you.

Btw, here's a photo of the tray: https://ibb.co/dYuvMJ

10. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

@Easywider Thanks for those pics. The ABV looks great. I should be getting mine back in next day or two and hope to have similar results.
    Question for you - how far up bowl did you pack the herb? That looks like a really small amount, like no more than 1/4 full? Maybe even less?

11. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

We have rules on FC to prevent people from using the forum as a platform to bully manufacturers and vendors. You are allowed to post a complaint provided that you are respectful. The company gets one opportunity to respond. We do not allow any further posts on the topic unless they contain new information. You can communicate through PMs, but public posts will be deleted and could result in warning points. Once the dispute is resolved, both parties are allowed to make one post describing the resolution. If there's a stalemate, you can announce that but without further criticism or complaint.

Both you and @Haze Vaporizers have made your allowed posts. Please do not return to this subject unless there is a change in the dispute as I just described. Thanks for your cooperation.

mfw0mb, Stdudez, ShovelHead and 7 others like this.
  12. Easywider

I used some medium-coarse grind that I already had on the go. Filled it up 3/4way slightly tamped. I crumbled it up a bit with my fingers as I emptied it out so it's a lot finer now then when It went in. I just poured the AVB back into the bowl and it's about half full maybe a pinch over. Next bowl I'm going to try a finer grind.

Alexis, Haze Vaporizers and Jill NYC like this.
  13. ginolicious

You should wait till the button goes green and then start drawing. This is what several users have recommended and have had great success.

14. Vapin in the usa

Vapin in the usa Hit em with the hein!

Is there a way to hook this up to 14 or 18 MM Glass

Summer likes this.
  15. Easywider

Updated my OS and it's charging instantly now no matter what I plug it into ( usb-c battery pack, wall charger, computer )

Working on a second bowl had to switch to some CBD Death Bubba 2:1 , this ones ground fine packed full and tamped medium strength.

[​IMG]

I don't really know what I'm doing here but I'm getting MASSIVE face felting rips. :razz:

I have the temp at second highest pre-set i'll push the button wait for it to go green and vibrate then I'll push the button again (keep holding ) and draw at a pretty high speed like I would if I was cleaning a water piece. I can feel really intense vapour and have to tap out every time before the 10second cut off. Exhale is this shockingly large cloud of vapour. Super smooth, I haven't tried anything else I could take that big of hit without needing water cooling. I'm still working on this bowl, I had to tap out after my third hit, will post ABV pictures later.

I've experienced small bits of charing so next bowl either gets less tamping or a coarser grind.

Edit: Here's an ABV shot , looking fully extracted. [​IMG]

Anyone run into an issue where the Haze won't heat up to the select temps.? I set some custom values but when I get past 410 It will just keep flashing like its heating but never go green and vibrate. I'm going to try a full charge and see if that will fix the issue.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  16. ginolicious

That ABV looks real nice. I cannot wait to get mine. So jealous of everyone.

Sonicboom1991 and Easywider like this.
  17. KLo

KLo No Ember

With the double, triple button approach, can the Square @Haze Vaporizers handle the user's intent? Just wondering if the tech gets confused and resets, then overheats somehow.

Could your personal charring this 'round be, in any way, due to using concentrate without silicone lid? Splatters on the coil as a result? Maybe after a few sessions the char will dissipate post organic burn-off? Or start again w/ a fresh coil. I received a coil as part of the accessories / postage barter when my unit got sent in for repair.

18. RogueGuy

I get no charing when I combine oil on pad with flower on top no lid. And only under this scenario am I 2 and 3 pushing.

I am having a hard time not charing otherwise. I find that I will get a bunch hits with amazing effect but then kook ABV to find a mix of green, brown and a little black but with somewhat even distribution.

19. Easywider

Waiting for my unit to re-charge, I loaded up all 4 bowls some Nukin Rosin, Whitecastle FSE, and 2 Red Congo flower bowls. I noticed when I was pushing the square back together Im getting some scuff marks on the bottom of my bowls from the heater coil.

Is this something I can remedy myself?

[​IMG]

20. deadlytoaster

deadlytoaster Canadian lost in Europe

Hey how do you like the Square compared to your Hopper(s) and Solo @easy? I love my Hopper but really considering swapping out for the Square instead

21. Easywider

Still getting it dialled in, more testing soon, but the hits I was getting off my second bowl where very hopper-ish! Not that I could take a hit that size off my hoppers natively but similar to a big hopper hit through glass. Strong hot vapour but not harsh in anyway, not even a tickle.

22. notoriousLrg

notoriousLrg sTrange cLouds

Yup, me 2 :(, on a Pro unit with both LED and Vibrate on, that has the seal fix. Full charge didn't help for me.

Easywider and WakeAndVape like this.
  23. Djsleepy

keep an eye on it mine got really bad due to pods rubbing heating element - I sent it in to have heating element lowered as you could hear it rubbing against the pods when turning .I have not got it back yet but someone in a post earlier today thought his heating element was too close to pods and they pm'd they guy so I would reach out to haze. they kind of gave me grief cause I messed up a few pods by using a pin to clear out holes and it pushed the metal down to wherethey believed it was the cause of the problem I explained I had two pods with no pin hole interaction that have the same scrapes on it, after hearing they lowered some more we will see Saturday if that fixes problem - this is second time I am first person to tell them about a problem and they are like its you and what you are doing. But I am sure they will fix it no matter how much it takes. They know the potential of their product and want us to see it to .

Whisper, WakeAndVape, Alexis and 3 others like this.
  24. Shit Quiet

Shit Quiet New Member

This is amazing news can’t wait for those new pods. Any news on a different mouthpiece They are extremely fragile I broke one already but it was user error I stuck the mouthpiece inside the storage the wrong way so it fell out and hit the floor and broke. Btw I’m loving my haze square so far.. Thank you for making such an amazing convection unit for such an afforable price. Keep on hazin

This is the way every company should be but unfortunately alot of companies aren’t

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2018
  25. Archaicrevival

Archaicrevival Well-Known Member

Get yourself a microscope I bet you will see at any temp above 320F The trichomes will be melted away showing even and proper vaporization.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors