1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Haze Square

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by scottg402, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Haze Vaporizers

Haze Vaporizers Well-Known Member Manufacturer

The coil will glow for couple seconds and it will go into modulation. It is normal and expected. The coil will never glow like the first cold press again unless you up your temperature.

I see many people talk about vapor production but what is the scale? Vapor expectations will be different.

I think i would recommend you all to play with temperatures. I personally tested this one unit which came back to the office with vapor production complaint and right outside of the box, it was creating way too much for me for a low temp for my liking. So it is extremely dependent on the person and the expectation. I like low temp taste with medication and some other person may think that something is wrong with the unit. I can see how that is very possible.

For those who experience charging issue, please apply the firmware or send it in and we do it for you.

KLo, Shit Snacks, jfkdidit and 4 others like this.
  2. Sonicboom1991

Sonicboom1991 Well-Known Member

I don't have a square in my hands yet. But all of my convection vapes, I start out with a slow sip like draw just to pull the heat into the chamber, then speed the draw up as the herb gets hotter.

3. Volteric

Volteric Well-Known Member

First time doing a deep clean. A little frustrating re-assembling the screens and silicone. Look, there’s no free lunch. You get a full gram on the go. Keeping this thing clean is paramount for peak performance but it is a bit cumbersome and clunky to deep clean. I feel like I need to deep clean this every 3rd full 4 chamber session. It’s like any other portable vape but you’re technically cleaning 4 vapes (chambers) rather than one. Anyway, the deep clean is exactly what you need for better extraction/airflow and peak flavor.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Flame Gucci, Stdudez, Whisper and 7 others like this.
  4. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

I never thought of it like that. But yeah? When you need to clean it, it’s like cleaning 4 vapes. Mind you the Dual V3 was the same with two bowls, but you didn’t need to clean it as frequent. Ah the more vapes you have the more will be clean. Keep them on a rotation haha. I have a vapir rise that is always clean.

Volteric and WakeAndVape like this.
  5. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

For me personally, it is full extraction.

The herbalizer doesn't product thick visible vapor either... but when you are done with a load the material is spent.

with the way my Square functions; after I can't get anymore vapor and i check a load it still has a great amount of 'skunky' smell lingering...That combined with the small amounts of visible vapor made me think something wasn't right...

If i understand you correctly my unit functions as expected?

with my new technique, I am finally getting fully extracted AVB, it just feels weird having to press the button 2 or 3 times during every draw to make that happen

All that being said... I like the Square and I am happy that I am finally getting consistent results.

sounds like the method for the milaana...but I know draw speed is the first thing you adjust when trouble shooting a user experience...I have a handfull of convection vapes and know how they work (i think)

FC123, Shit Quiet, Alexis and 5 others like this.
  6. Lazy Lighting

Lazy Lighting Well-Known Member

I thought having to constantly press the button meant it has seal problems.

Jill NYC and WakeAndVape like this.
  7. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

I had the seal repaired already and I readjusted it myself last night to make sure every thing was copestetic.

I personally think my coil isn't keeping a consistent temperature under normal conditions.

I may just shoot an unlisted video later to show what I mean... it sure beats the hell out of explaining it.

8. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

Holler at me...

R2-D2, WakeAndVape and MonkeyTime like this.
  9. Solomon

Solomon Talk to the Beard

Sent my unit in for the seal issue last Monday, got it back Saturday (amazing great turn-around!), and I finally got to test it yesterday (Sunday). Wow, what a difference! I am still working on the 4th bowl so I haven't opened it up to check the ABV, but boy is it working good! We found 375-385 produced great vapor and impressive clouds all day (single charge too). Everyone that tried it was impressed, no bad draws. We tried hard fast draws, slow draws, sippy draws, they all worked. No real technique needed.

I used 2 different strains, 2 full bowls (.2g?) and 2 half bowls as a test. Regular grind - nothing special. I was very surprised at how well the half bowls worked - great vapor and many hits for .1g. The full bowls produced a denser, slightly hotter hit that we seldom drew until the buzz. All bowls seemed to produce about the same number of hits - around 10-15 - the biggest difference seemed to be vapor density. A couple of big hits off a full bowl sent our heads spinning, but no coughing. (One of my friends compared it to a "bag" hit).

My normal use would be to take an occasional hit throughout the day and take advantage of the on-demand design. So far that has also worked well - you can take hit or 2, set it down for 2 hours, and come back to it and it doesn't taste "already vaped".

Gonna check the ABV after I finish off the last bowl. (I learned my lesson the hard way about opening the unit up before finishing all the bowls).

So far, so good!

GreenHopper, b0, mfw0mb and 11 others like this.
  10. ginolicious

Stories such as yours makes me itch for my tracking number real bad. But I gotta wait till end of the month.

Post pics of ABV after!!!

Shit Quiet likes this.
  11. Lazy Lighting

Lazy Lighting Well-Known Member

Did you get the updated firmware as well?

WakeAndVape likes this.
  12. Solomon

Well, I'm in North Florida and they're in Georgia, so our ship times are like 1-2 days.

I will take a pic of the ABV and post here later today.

For Haze -
    Suggestion: make the blnking LED color match the current temp color while heating. Based on only a few days use, starting a new bowl at the wrong temp because the last use was finishing off a prior bowl at a high temp was a common mistake. Knowing the temp as soon as you start heating would fix that (that's how most pens work too)

[update]
    Finally opened it up and took a pic.

[​IMG]

So clearly the advice to not fill the bowls completely seems true - the 2 half filled bowls were completely vaped tan to brown, while the 2 full bowls seemed to have a lot of incompletely vaped parts mixed with some over-vaped parts. Keep in mind, all the bowls vaped wonderfully, but I'd guess the filled ones didn't have enough free space to spread the heat evenly. So I'll follow the advice already on this forum and fill no more than 3/4 and keep it loose.

13. Vapin in the usa

Vapin in the usa Hit em with the hein!

After
    What temp

14. Solomon

15. ginolicious

Those are huge bowls haha. I never thought them to be so big. I hope the microdosing is released soon. Curious how those will work and look.

Stdudez, StonerSloth and WakeAndVape like this.
  16. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

for a bit of perspective on size...the chamber is the size of a US dime.

THAT is what I'm looking for out of my experience!
    AFAIK they did... Luckily with the new technique I have been having some AMAZING sessions even on low temp, I just have to see if battery life changes...But with the 10year warranty I'm not super concerned and the true cause of the issue should emerge with further use.

Overall: happy with the Square.

17. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Yeah doing the double press can work well for me too, but can easily overdo it then, getting over cooked at low low temps even. I'm going to try starting at upper temps without temp stepping as I usually do. I am sure I will find a way this works best for me, there is always a learning curve with a new vape and the square is extremely new in every way. Despite whatever imperfections mine has, I am still impressed with this product not to mention the company.

18. retteric

retteric New Member

So I noticed that the battery is user replaceable, but not by the most intuitive means. Sounds like you need to open up some internals to replace.

However, the warranty states
    • The internal security seals of the unit are broken. You can avoid this by not opening the outside covers of the unit. Disassembling the unit will void the warranty.
    Does replacing the battery, hence, void the warranty?

19. Haze Vaporizers

Haze Vaporizers Well-Known Member Manufacturer

This applies to Dual. The Square battery is user replacable and we sell the extra batteries.

WakeAndVape, Alexis, Jill NYC and 4 others like this.
  20. KLo

KLo No Ember

After a week's dedicated use and several charges on the block i still haven't deep cleaned. Ha! Don't know if anyone's tried/posted but in a curious and procrastinative state flipped the top screens (sticky as they were) and reassembled the upper seal :D This not only saved me a deep clean, but was able to utilize risidual oils in the second, third, fourth...and still going rotations. I did brush out each bowl after the loads were finished, examining for clogs through usage. The only issue was resin and by turning the screens, you get a clean surface to work with ! Plan on going through as many pods until things get hot, or taste shifts or clogging forces the inevitable clean. Avoid turning over screans with any botanicals stuck on as it may cause ill effects, combustion, flare-ups, etc

I dig. My Square defaults to the lowest (blue) setting every power up. Thought it would remember the last setting, but :shrug: seems an easy fix. Your idea of color sync is a completely do-able !
    Not a big deal. So many great features to focus on.

Alexis, Solomon, MonkeyTime and 3 others like this.
  21. Shit Quiet

Shit Quiet New Member

Can not wait for my haze square to arrive. It
    Quick question for you guys. I know this may sound dumb but once I receive my haze square do I need to register the vape in order to qualify for the upgraded haze square whenever an updated version is available or do I just wait until the day ya make another haze square then email ya to receive the free upgrade?

mfw0mb and Haze Vaporizers like this.
  22. Volteric

Volteric Well-Known Member

Man, after that deep clean I’m back to fresh, flavorful hits. I fill 3/4, somewhat loose. I’ve had the same experience with spot charring when packed too tight. The Square has I think a perfect draw resistance.

KLo, WakeAndVape, Alexis and 5 others like this.
  23. Barnacleaz

Barnacleaz Member

+1 for "procrastinative". Hopefully I will check once a week, which probably means I'll remember every other.

Anxiously waiting for mine to leave the shop again so I can start comparing notes with the pros here!

KLo and WakeAndVape like this.
  24. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

I must admit that I was somewhat disappointed when I first got my production model. It didn't perform as well as the beta unit I've been testing. Well, I sent it in to Haze and got it back today. They fixed whatever was wrong with it and I'm happy to report that it now performs great. I'm just one data point, but I'm a satisfyingly stoned point of data if that means anything. :ko:

Keep up the great work, Haze.

:peace:

25. Shit Quiet

Shit Quiet New Member

Awesome This gives me great hope. Haze is legendary :rockon:

WakeAndVape, Haze Vaporizers and Stu like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors