Discontinued Haze Square

scottg402

Yep I am not an engineer myself but I do know and understand quite a bit on how this works. We are working hard to bring a unit like no other. We want great vapor quality and a great user experience. I will keep everyone posted. We have slightly different hardware now (similar to pics but not exact) and we are tweaking software before we do more testing internally.

C No Ego

Yep I am not an engineer myself but I do know and understand quite a bit on how this works. We are working hard to bring a unit like no other. We want great vapor quality and a great user experience. I will keep everyone posted. We have slightly different hardware now (similar to pics but not exact) and we are tweaking software before we do more testing internally.

I thought of something yesterday that would help the user know which of the four part rotating bowls have already been vaped. it could get confusing knowing which are ready to vape and the ones that are cashed...

Philreal187

I think having a simple dots or some marking to indicate which chamber is which would help. Possibly have it only turn in one direction so after one bowl its one turn to the left and the fresh bowl is ready. Just some thoughts and I'm sure you guys have something already in store to make it simple like the haze!

C No Ego

Exactly Phireal187- that's about as far as I got, add a dot on there, lol.

with those 4 herb chambers in there together could the heat from the one chamber doing the vaping at the moment affect the other three somehow if they are pre loaded? if anything it would maybe just dry out the herb some and that's all.

Mr. Me2

I think having a simple dots or some marking to indicate which chamber is which would help. Possibly have it only turn in one direction so after one bowl its one turn to the left and the fresh bowl is ready. Just some thoughts and I'm sure you guys have something already in store to make it simple like the haze!
I think it's that helps, but having a way to note"cooked" would be ideal

Philreal187

I know we have paints and other materials that can change color when heated. Idk if that kind of stuff is safe for the temps we deal with but possibly a heat sensitive dot that is light when good and dark when spent... I really dont kno just throwing ideas around.

I'm sure if we keep brainstorming some of these ideas can reach the techs and possibly come alive.

Keep them gears turns!!

scottg402

with those 4 herb chambers in there together could the heat from the one chamber doing the vaping at the moment affect the other three somehow if they are pre loaded? if anything it would maybe just dry out the herb some and that's all.

It requires further testing but I seriously doubt this will be a problem. Yes the other load may feel some heat (just like the Dual) but not enough to vaporize or even dry out. We don't have these problems in the Dual where the chambers are actually closer together and constantly cooking, so I don't anticipate this problem with the Square.

Last edited:

scottg402

So I got prototype V2 last night. Did some testing and all I can say is I am pretty pleased with the progress we have made! We have a working vaporizer and with limited testing, I was really impressed on the vapor quality and uniform ABV. All this with absolutely no stirring! I will release more details when I can. Happy Friday Everyone!

Edit: please no PM's asking to be a beta tester. It's a bit early for that and we don't know how many units we will have for it. I have some folks in mind and if I need more I may take some requests but I will let everyone know. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

scottg402

Too early for all this....I really have not had enough time with it myself but I am pleased as to where we are at and I think if we can tighten up some aspects of this we are going to have a kick ass vape! Especially at the price point we are aiming for. And no I can't discuss that now either! :)

Beyond that I try to avoid direct comparisons on the boards. It's not too popular on FC anyway and even stickier as a manufacturer. I have owned/tried all those mentioned and for now all I can tell you is I feel like we are in really good shape to compete against them any others that come to mind in this category.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@scottg402 any comparison to a gh/crafty, when you have a moment?

If you're really gonna go there, I'll add ff2 to the list...

Please don't put @scottg402 on the spot. As a manufacturer's rep, his comparison would be ineffective anyway. Under our rules, he is not allowed to make a negative comment on any other company's product. That includes claiming that his product is better. That pretty much eliminates anything he could say except that the other guy's device is better. I don't think Haze wants him to say that, even if true.

Mr. Me2

Please don't put @scottg402 on the spot. As a manufacturer's rep, his comparison would be ineffective anyway. Under our rules, he is not allowed to make a negative comment on any other company's product. That includes claiming that his product is better. That pretty much eliminates anything he could say except that the other guy's device is better. I don't think Haze wants him to say that, even if true.
No problem. Obviously didn't mean to put him on the spot (or violate any fc rules). And what you say makes sense.

VaporSipper

Here are my 2¢ on the used/unused thing...

Like the dual, I assume that the Square having multiple chambers is not just for the sake of capacity, but for variety. You might want to have different strains or even concentrates in different chambers. This completely negates the "only turn in one direction" system as you might want to skip to different chambers for different uses.

Of course, I have no idea what the electronics of the Square are; will it even have a screen, etc. But, my feeling is that to implement a good used/unused system, the Square needs to have a method to keep track of which chamber is which. That's easy enough with a multitude of strategies, be they mechanical, optical, electrical, etc. But then there needs to be a way for the user to specify if the chamber is empty, full, or used, because I don't see a feasible way for the Square to know that itself (just because you have rotated to a particular chamber and applied heat doesn't necessarily mean that the load is spent). One easy way would be to have a button and LED (or display on a potential screen) that the user could press to mark a chamber as empty/fresh/spent (different colors, like orange/green/red). When you rotate to another chamber, since it knows which chamber it is, it'll display the appropriate status previously set by the user. You would now know the status of that chamber, and if need be, update its status with the button. There could also be a reset button to clear the status of all chambers at once, perhaps located inside the loading section so it could only be pressed when the Square is open, to avoid accidental resets.

I think something like this would be cool and help differentiate the Square even more. But a used/unused system could be as simple as colored dots on either side of a reversible pod -- definitely not as cool or convenient, as you would have to keep opening the Square to check.

What do you think, @scottg402 ?

scottg402

Great idea! There is nothing for this at the moment. We are really trying to keep the cost down on this so I am not sure we could do something unless it was inexpensive but I agree. It would be cool to know the material type in each chamber and understand if it is new or used. If anyone has some low cost ideas, we are all ears!

Philreal187

@VaporSipper I like the idea of using 3 colors definitely makes sense and would be very useful.

Maybe instead of electronics just put a small switch on the corners with each chamber that the user can slide from green to yellow to red.

I would imagine it definitely would take some testing to find something small enough to not be an eye sore but also strong enough to not switch while in storage of a pocket.

YungLeaner

Great idea! There is nothing for this at the moment. We are really trying to keep the cost down on this so I am not sure we could do something unless it was inexpensive but I agree. It would be cool to know the material type in each chamber and understand if it is new or used. If anyone has some low cost ideas, we are all ears!
I understand people's desires to make things even easier, but I don't see a light or a switch as a solution that would be worth the bump in retail price. Something as simple as the chambers being visibly numbered 1-4 would work perfectly fine in my book, and that seems like it would be pretty cheap to implement in the manufacturing stage. I can tell when my convection vapes need to be re-packed MUCH easier than my conduction vapes, because the convection vapes will just stop producing vapor, while the boundless cfx or a pax will keep giving whispy hits essentially forever. So you could just hit bowl 1 to completion or satisfaction, slide to bowl 2.

Top Bottom