Discontinued Haze Square

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Can't wait for this to release fully! Been dying for a perfect on demand vaporizer to share with a group of friends while hiking or at festivals. Price seems very fair too! Was thinking of getting a Fury 2, but I might just wait it out for the Square!

I feel like laser engraving the body would make it so beautiful too, or vinyl wrapped with a wood or granite print.

junny89

Can't wait for this to release fully! Been dying for a perfect on demand vaporizer to share with a group of friends while hiking or at festivals. Price seems very fair too! Was thinking of getting a Fury 2, but I might just wait it out for the Square!

I feel like laser engraving the body would make it so beautiful too, or vinyl wrapped with a wood or granite print.

im trying to get hold of one my self!

on a side note, im looking at all the accessories on haze website.
Looks like they stock every part!!
However, im still a bit confused, are the coils not for life? are they meant to be replaced every so often? as i see they have spare coils also so think you h ave to replace?

Last edited:
junny89,

MonkeyTime

im trying to get hold of one my self!

on a side note, im looking at all the accessories on haze website.
Looks like they stock every part!!
However, im still a bit confused, are the coils not for life? are they meant to be replaced every so often? as i see they have spare coils also so think you h ave to replace?
I'm sure it's based on individual use styles and such, but I believe they said an average user would replace them about once every six months.

There's only one, so for the cost of a pair per year, it's not bad maintenance overhead IMO.

MonkeyTime,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I too am curious about coils. Would different material, strand quantity, gauge, resistance etc affect performance if you could theoretically wrap your own coils (if that's a possibility even)?

deadlytoaster,

junny89

I'm sure it's based on individual use styles and such, but I believe they said an average user would replace them about once every six months.

There's only one, so for the cost of a pair per year, it's not bad maintenance overhead IMO.

They are $5 a pair, so the cost is very minimal i see.
so yes you are right its barely nothing.
I just wanted clarification as i did read somewhere these coils did not need replacing hence the confusion!

Anyone compared this to the ArizerGO?

@MonkeyTime i dont see you being able to wrap them your self. if you see the product item on the haze website, they look complicated however you never know!

junny89,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Hi guys,

The first batch will start shipping out tomorrow and will resume on Monday. We received inventory 10 minutes ago and currently our team is doing their count and also doing the end user QC on them. I am not able to respond to all status inquiries until Monday so i apologize for those who PMed me but i will respond as soon as i can.

b0

Cloudy...
Hi guys,

The first batch will start shipping out tomorrow and will resume on Monday. We received inventory 10 minutes ago and currently our team is doing their count and also doing the end user QC on them. I am not able to respond to all status inquiries until Monday so i apologize for those who PMed me but i will respond as soon as i can.

Yay! Next week reviews will start coming!!:popcorn:

MonkeyTime

I logged on to see if there was any news and was expecting some :clap: Just paid my invoice for all my extras, I figured that might signal both shipments and my inclusion in them!

A full set of everything, whole top, 4 extra pods, mouthpiece, just about everything except concentrate extras and chargers. I have a really good feeling about this one and can't wait.

Now it's a race to the first tracking # :rofl:

junny89

I logged on to see if there was any news and was expecting some :clap: Just paid my invoice for all my extras, I figured that might signal both shipments and my inclusion in them!

A full set of everything, whole top, 4 extra pods, mouthpiece, just about everything except concentrate extras and chargers. I have a really good feeling about this one and can't wait.

Now it's a race to the first tracking # :rofl:

Standard or pro?

junny89,

junny89

Pro FTW! If it's financially possible, I see no reason not to upgrade, even if only for the charging difference.

I also just got my email and tracking number, it's not been posted/received yet, but that means we're close!

Yeh I see no point getting standard over the pro, is it like $30?!

Lucky you!

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
When does the pre-order period end? I want to pre-order one for all the benefits but I don't have the funds ready just yet and I don't want to miss out on those benefits!!

deadlytoaster,

Alexis

When does the pre-order period end? I want to pre-order one for all the benefits but I don't have the funds ready just yet and I don't want to miss out on those benefits!!
End of March I believe. I am in the same boat, very attracted to this device and hoping to have available funds in time.

Only one other thing holding me back right now- a little unceratinty for me personally (being so reactive to many substances and materials) regarding the heat treated SS herb pods, which is clearly showing signs of wear in early photos. Im not worried about shavings and wear, more about normal use in case there is some component of the QPQ treatment I could react to.

I am still not 100% clear from the answer Haze kindly gave me on this whether the herb pods themselves contain any aluminium in the priduction units (beta pods did) or if it is only the outside housing of the Haze Square that is aluminium. I was a little unclear with the phrasing of this sentence:

"The beta version pods used anodization and base/housing Aluminum. Production units still have housing as cast Aluminum." (Or any other parts inside the vape such as tray etc?)

So Im not sure if this means: the pods are now aluminium free, and only the outside housing of the Square is aluminium...OR- the herb pods themselves "still have housing as cast Aluminum".

I dont wish to trouble and annoy Haze on this anymore so if anybody knows how to interpret this correctly my very slow brain would really appreciate any insight.

Alexis,
Reactions: vapen00b

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
My takeaway is you really want this vaporizer and hope really badly the aluminum won't cause problems with your allergies!

I think it means the pods are will be aluminum? I agree, hard to interpret that one!

Zondo

Just that dude
End of March I believe. I am in the same boat, very attracted to this device and hoping to have available funds in time.

Only one other thing holding me back right now- a little unceratinty for me personally (being so reactive to many substances and materials) regarding the heat treated SS herb pods, which is clearly showing signs of wear in early photos. Im not worried about shavings and wear, more about normal use in case there is some component of the QPQ treatment I could react to.

I am still not 100% clear from the answer Haze kindly gave me on this whether the herb pods themselves contain any aluminium in the priduction units (beta pods did) or if it is only the outside housing of the Haze Square that is aluminium. I was a little unclear with the phrasing of this sentence:

"The beta version pods used anodization and base/housing Aluminum. Production units still have housing as cast Aluminum." (Or any other parts inside the vape such as tray etc?)

So Im not sure if this means: the pods are now aluminium free, and only the outside housing of the Square is aluminium...OR- the herb pods themselves "still have housing as cast Aluminum".

I dont wish to trouble and annoy Haze on this anymore so if anybody knows how to interpret this correctly my very slow brain would really appreciate any insight.
Just the housing has aluminum. If you go to their website's store and look at all the individual parts, it will tell you which ones contain aluminum.

https://www.hazevaporizers.com/store/

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Preorder period ends at the end of March. We will receive production inventory at the beginning of April and all shipments will start as of April.

Tray is going to be still cast Aluminum and that did not change. Pods initial run as well as beta units has been cast Aluminum. Production units will be QPQ stainless.

Baron23

Just Justin

Interesting....I had never heard of QPQ but its an interesting looking finish and looks to be perfectly suitable for the pods. Very cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quench_polish_quench

That's interesting, I had no idea about QPQ.

I wonder if that Ceramic Coating on the SLX grinders is suitable for heat and herb chambers? That stuff is seriously non-stick!

I like the glass idea too, wonder if that's possible? I've wondered about different materials for the Crucibles of the Ghost MV1 and see how that would influence the vapor? I know they picked Ceramic for its low thermal mass, so it cools rapidly, keeping your material cool between draws.

Top Bottom