Discontinued Haze Square

EconMan

Cannabis Economics
Thanks for sharing.... everyone here deserves to know .....and if true we all need to come together should a case develop....

Of course. In my experience gossip is not fully reliable but it is also often partially true. Just like plumbers, bankers talk to each other about problem cases... hence the gossip begins in truth from the "whisper game" and can easily be distorted in transmission. Regardless of criminality (that requires intent and I don't know), one thing that is pretty clear is their card "chargebacks" have skyrocketed, and their holiday shoppers clearly bought a product under false claims and material omissions.

I didn’t bother trying. I’m outside the 6 months anyway. Was bought in May for me.

Try anyway. What is the warranty on the Square.? If it is longer than 4 months, then explain to them that from your perspective this is a fraud case. They have NOT fulfilled their contract with you because now you have a device that now is unsupported under warranty. When you bought did you expect to have a warantee and company behind it as a factor in your purchase decision? If so, then you've been "damaged".

If you used a Credit rather than a Debit card you possess an enormous bundle of rights and privileges. The law specifically states that if one is subjected to such "frauds" you may not have to pay your credit card bill because it is the responsibility of the banks to police such businesses out of the network. Merchant Bankers "insure" against "chargebacks" to the ISSUING bank. If you successfully dispute your CC bill, it is not your bank that takes the hit, but the Merchant Bank (of the merchant's i.e. Haze in this case) that "guarantees" the charges.

Lastly, your bank is much more interested in keeping you happy than pleasing the merchant bank and much less the merchant, so benefit of the doubt goes with you. Worth a try, at least to me; else the monetary outcome is certain. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

O-G-Reg

Gave my p3 square a refresh: first new coil, new silicon for pod tray, new battery, deep clean... the thing still works great. I’ve never had any defect...
Great performance but a new battery did almost nothing in terms of getting me through more pods. I was afraid it might have been degraded from over charging, not the case apparently.

For me this is becoming a critical flaw. 4 bowls but I can’t even finish 2...
is it worth dumping 25 bucks more into it for a PD car charger?...

Maybe try a different convection vape thats easier to use and maintain? I don’t know.. this is my first/only portable... probably should stick to established products

O-G-Reg,
Reactions: EconMan

Djsleepy

Gave my p3 square a refresh: first new coil, new silicon for pod tray, new battery, deep clean... the thing still works great. I’ve never had any defect...
Great performance but a new battery did almost nothing in terms of getting me through more pods. I was afraid it might have been degraded from over charging, not the case apparently.

For me this is becoming a critical flaw. 4 bowls but I can’t even finish 2...
is it worth dumping 25 bucks more into it for a PD car charger?...

Maybe try a different convection vape thats easier to use and maintain? I don’t know.. this is my first/only portable... probably should stick to established products

Both of my units had same problem before they crapped out....I would not invest any money cuz at some point soon it's gonna stop working IME ....I am very happy with My MV1 ...just pick up and go....no issues no probs so far.....

Petunia Vanish

Both of my units had same problem before they crapped out....I would not invest any money cuz at some point soon it's gonna stop working IME ....I am very happy with My MV1 ...just pick up and go....no issues no probs so far.....
From someone with a unit that does not work...i wouldn't mind buying something to get mine working (even for a year, or life of battery)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Try anyway. What is the warranty on the Square.? If it is longer than 4 months, then explain to them that from your perspective this is a fraud case. They have NOT fulfilled their contract with you because now you have a device that now is unsupported under warranty. When you bought did you expect to have a warantee and company behind it as a factor in your purchase decision? If so, then you've been "damaged".

If you used a Credit rather than a Debit card you possess an enormous bundle of rights and privileges. The law specifically states that if one is subjected to such "frauds" you may not have to pay your credit card bill because it is the responsibility of the banks to police such businesses out of the network. Merchant Bankers "insure" against "chargebacks" to the ISSUING bank. If you successfully dispute your CC bill, it is not your bank that takes the hit, but the Merchant Bank (of the merchant's i.e. Haze in this case) that "guarantees" the charges.

Lastly, your bank is much more interested in keeping you happy than pleasing the merchant bank and much less the merchant, so benefit of the doubt goes with you. Worth a try, at least to me; else the monetary outcome is certain. :)

Ah this is interesting, but I also don't know how I feel about doing it... I'd love to get my money back, but to say I didn't know the lifetime warranty was a risk when I purchased would be dishonest.

For on demand convection I'd suggest Splinter/Milaana, Tubo, or Firewood (new one has five bowls apparently) and for session convection Fierce/Fury2 and FocusV Aero/upcoming Focus1

Last edited by a moderator:

ginolicious

Ah. I won’t be contacting the credit card company. I’m still using my Haze Square. It’s been getting me baked since I got it. It’s a fucking hassle to use. And sometimes doesn’t work. Unreliable. But it is what it is.

caseball2051

So I recently bought a lil bud for in demand convection and I'm absolutely loving it. Id highly recommend one.

With that purchase I received my first unit that uses basket screens. I ordered a handful to have on hand.

Last night i had remembered someone suggesting then as a microdose option. I think it was b0 that had success with them. The 18mm basket screens fit perfectly. I'm looking fwd to trying it out today.

Another interesting negative I've experienced with the square is the idle battery life loss. It just loses the charge so fast

Edit. Tested the 18mm basket screens and was surprised by how well it worked. If helped Jeep to upper screen free of debris as well

Last edited:

Petunia Vanish

Ah. I won’t be contacting the credit card company. I’m still using my Haze Square. It’s been getting me baked since I got it. It’s a fucking hassle to use. And sometimes doesn’t work. Unreliable. But it is what it is.
I thought you had the ONLY good square. :rofl:I didn't know yours doesn't work sometimes. What do you think is the problem

Petunia Vanish,

ginolicious

Well the weed I been vaping is so dry. It’s almost like dust. It’s been sitting in a mason jar for over 6 months. And I had 3 good sessions with the same bowl.

ginolicious,

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well the weed I been vaping is so dry. It’s almost like dust. It’s been sitting in a mason jar for over 6 months.

Boveda packs?

I'd love to get my money back, but to say I didn't know the lifetime warranty was a risk when I purchased would be dishonest.

You knowing there was a risk involved has nothing to do with anything. What matters is that part of your purchase price included the warranty which due to Haze going belly-up can't be implemented should need arise; as well as the future upgrade. And you are not able to purchase consumable products like heating coils for it to function. Call you cc company & talk to them. These are banks -- the cost of scenarios like this are written in to the retailers service fee & interest rates. Trust me, they are not taking a loss.

IFor on demand convection I'd suggest Splinter/Milaana, Tubo, or Firewood (new one has five bowls apparently) and for session convection Fierce/Fury2 and FocusV Aero/upcoming Focus1

Are you suggesting the Focus 1 because you are a beta-tester?

Petunia Vanish

I contacted Discover Card about my purchase. They are giving me a refund while they investigate the situation. They may still charge me again. Ill keep the thread posted.
Have you received product (haze square)?

They may tell you its out of 30/60/90 day buying period... But good luck!

Petunia Vanish,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Have you received product (haze square)?

They may tell you its out of 30/60/90 day buying period... But good luck!
Yah I told them I bought it in march. They did say they may end up charging me but as of now they have given me a refund.

RogueGuy,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You knowing there was a risk involved has nothing to do with anything. What matters is that part of your purchase price included the warranty which due to Haze going belly-up can't be implemented should need arise; as well as the future upgrade. And you are not able to purchase consumable products like heating coils for it to function. Call you cc company & talk to them. These are banks -- the cost of scenarios like this are written in to the retailers service fee & interest rates. Trust me, they are not taking a loss.

Hmm maybe... Look out for #1 I guess

Are you suggesting the Focus 1 because you are a beta-tester?

I got to try the first prototype, I don't believe they are ready yet beyond that. Aero is though and next is Carta

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom