• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Square

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Would have been good to have eased into the highest temp, incrementally.

Hopefully it is only the (replaceable) coils, and not the batteries....

There may still be hope, aside from the other issues. GL.

Haze, I cry for you.

stark1,
Reactions: arb

Djsleepy

Nope both are dead.....I know how to.work this thing and she don't want to work....two days of trying hard to make it happen....boxed it up.and ordered a ghost .....on to the next.......

Djsleepy,

lorez1

I have two bricked haze Pros the power supply of the second square I bought seems to bricked each one as i used it. Trying to revive them .Has anyone a copy of the last firmware for the Haze Square Pro. Im a medical user and now I'll have to smoke it if I cant fix these two bricked square pros.

lorez1

While on the topic of unsupported hardware I phoned Mastercard to complain about the warranty. They said there is a 90 day warranty covered by the Creditcard. And that if you bought something with an extended warrenty and the company has disapered I would be covered by the CC's 90day warranty. your mileage may vary depends on how you bought the item.

Djsleepy

While on the topic of unsupported hardware I phoned Mastercard to complain about the warranty. They said there is a 90 day warranty covered by the Creditcard. And that if you bought something with an extended warrenty and the company has disapered I would be covered by the CC's 90day warranty. your mileage may vary depends on how you bought the item.
I wonder if visa does same ? I'll need to find out I bought second.one in nov....that would be great if I could get....did you have to provide proof they were closed?

lorez1

When You apply for the Warranty I'm quite sure the insurance co will check on the Ghost co.

lorez1,

wastedpotential

God bless you my friend.....I called and visa will do same thing and at least I will get back some of what is.lost....go toward ghost I just purchased....lol
great. Now it's like you got the Ghost at half price!

And you will be happy with the Ghost. Nothing special to learn.

Maybe the Ghost is the 'upgrade' Haze was promising. :) ha ha

Squatch

Exister
I have the 1.3.1 firmware .bin file on my laptop if anyone needs it. Not sure how to share it though.

Squatch,

Vaporware

For those having battery problems, did anyone get an answer about what the cause was?

My guess is that either the charger is over-charging or the Square is letting the batteries run down too low. Either one can kill a rechargeable battery.

Sorry so many people got burned here, and I’m glad you’re finding other options you like, but for those going to other plastic battery powered options with complicated electronics I’d recommend you take the lesson and at least have a very reliable backup like a VapCap or a good desktop with a solid track record.

Beyond that, I think it’s worth looking at the overall cost of ownership. If you spend $400-600 on something like a FlowerPot or a Volcano (or $60-200 on a VapCap) and it works reliably for you for many years, it’s a much better deal in the long run than several $100-200 devices that die on you after a couple of years (or days).

My DaVinci Ascent is fortunately still working, but I was never hard on it and it’s still had a couple of issues. If I had been a heavy user my guess is it would have died once or twice already based on issues that other people have had, and it isn’t even a particularly problem-prone device.

I hope this doesn’t come off as an attack on all of you and all of these kinds of vaporizers, but there are real trade-offs and real advantages to going for high quality reliable stuff. My VapCaps and FlowerPot should last a lifetime, and the Nomad Dan’s building for me should too, as long as 18650 batteries (or suitable replacements) are available since it’s free of electronics and it’s very user-serviceable. I probably could even get the specs and get a new heater made if that ever became necessary even after Dan stops making them.

I know that longevity is not the only important thing, and if the features of something else makes you want to try these then go for it; I’m glad people are pushing the envelope and trying new things, so I wouldn’t discourage people from trying any option that looks like it will be safe, durable and well supported, but I would encourage everyone who only buys based on low price or new features to seriously consider picking up a solid, reliable option that will keep you from getting discouraged or running out of working vaporizers and going back to combustion.

I wouldn’t post this here if Haze was still in business, I just hate seeing so many people getting burned here, especially those who don’t have other options, and I want to help make sure the next time something like this happens more users have solid backups available. :myday: :sherlock:

For anyone considering combusting again, if you have a glass stem that can handle some heat, you can put flower (or concentrates I guess) in the stem and heat either under your materials or preferably toward the end of the stem that you won’t be putting in your mouth. It’s not likely to be something you want to do long-term, but this (or anything similar you could rig up) is a way just about anyone can continue to fuck combustion until they can get a more solid option back.

If you try it, heat slowly to avoid accidental combustion! Maybe check out this kind of thing in the DIY section of the forum if you’ve got more time than money. :)

lorez1

I did note yesterday when I opened the squares the batteries at the connector = 0.001v so I measured the spare I had ordered also 0.001V hummmm most rechargeable batteries ship at 40% charge (no stress on the battery) very strange.

The individual chips on the motherboard were runnina at 35-50C I measured with a lazar reader

Last edited by a moderator:
lorez1,

lorez1

I have the 1.3.1 firmware .bin file on my laptop if anyone needs it. Not sure how to share it though.
is it possible to share it by dropbox i'm sure i'm not the only one who would like to reflash the firmware

lorez1,

Petunia Vanish

i'm wondering is there a stem (like ssv/lsv wand) that will fit into the haze square pod.
maybe i can get a proper seal...

i really want to get my now discontinued unit working.

i worked with it for an hour last night, and came up with the idea above...
url

Petunia Vanish,
Top Bottom