1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Discontinued Haze Square

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by scottg402, Feb 3, 2016.

1. scottg402

scottg402 Well-Known Member

I will do the best I can to get to these questions later tonight. Have to concentrate on sales at the show now and taking care of all the customer inquiries that came in through our website. Some of this I can answer, some I cannot.

2. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Yeah @Slow Draw McGraw got it @Vapor Loop I meant true pass through, so that way there is no strain on the battery. The next gen Solo's use while charging feature could degrade the battery, as it can in other vapes, limiting its total life span, which can be annoying when the batter is non replacable. I don't plan on ever using my GH while plugged in for this reason, even though they are swappable, they're easy to charge with plenty of spares, and of course I have plenty of other vapes too :p:2c:

3. UnshavenFish

UnshavenFish Well-Known Member

I still think this will be a great vape...but the fixed battery for me is a no go, means it would end up like my crafty, a vape I love but don't use as much as I would like to because I don't like the idea of having to send something overseas for a battery replacement (once my crafty warranty is up I will be doing it myself).

And vaping while charging is also something I avoid unless the battery is swappable, but even then I tend not to unless that's my only option at the time, true pass through would be different but I don't think that would be possible using micro USB.

I think the technology would allow user swappable just not with this design/layout, personally I would rather have just had two bowls with the extra space used for this.

I'm probably in the minority with regards to the battery as lots prefer a fixed battery, and I'm really not trying to put a downer on the square I'm sure it will be a success with haze behind it, but right now with my current line up I have every situation covered, so anything new has to tick all my (sometimes unrealistic) boxes.

:2c: :peace:

4. Jack Sprat

Jack Sprat Well-Known Member

I think that with a non user replaceble battery the price point would have to be lower than the competition with user replaceable batteries as it's essentially a disposable item for many.

5. UnshavenFish

UnshavenFish Well-Known Member

I see what your saying and kinda agree, but I'm sure haze will probably offer a replacement service once enough time has passed, and it was mentioned in the first post that price is unsure yet but aiming for similar to other on demand vapes out/coming out now so I'm guessing around the $200+ mark even upto 300 but that's just a guess.

If I was in the U.S. It would be less of a deal breaker for me but unfortunately I'm not.

Jack Sprat and woolspinner like this.
  6. scottg402

We haven't discussed the battery replacement plan hopefully you all know by now that we will take care of our customers. Regarding the price point, it's not finalized but I am hoping to make it a pleasant surprise for everyone. :)

7. seaofgreens

seaofgreens My Mind Is Free

Looks great man, really looking forward to some usage videos whenever they become available.

Definitely +1 on cheap user replaceable battery option for whatever the design entails.

8. woolspinner

woolspinner Well-Known Member

Oh, I also forgot to say: lovely external design. Very discreet and sleek. I like the look of the silver. As always, I am a fan of orange or green. :brow: I think either of the Haze devices would look lovely in a subdued burnt orange.:whoa:

9. perennialflare

perennialflare Well-Known Member

Dang, just when I thought I was fine with just a Firewood 3 and a grasshopper pre-order. The dual chamber of Haze v3 didn't entice me very much, and since I'm pretty much herb only, the main selling point of being able to vape everything didn't effect me much.

On the other hand, something about that 4 chamber swivel action speaks to me. So does on demand convection. The form looks pretty sweet so far as well (I wasn't expecting to be intrigued by a square shape but maybe it's because everything else portable is mostly rectangles/cylinders). Definitely looking forward to seeing the design progress

10. Hashtag46&2

Hashtag46&2 Trichome Technician

Holy shit... FML!!!

Dude, @scottg402 .

Straight killing me.

Anyhow... Awesome work ..

Keep reaching for the sky guys, I will be part of the Haze Revolution.
    My future is Hazy indeed!

11. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

That looks really sweet, @scottg402 !

This looks to get the size and bells and whistles right...now let's taste that vapor!

12. ean

ean Well-Known Member

Beautiful, cant wait for this to come out. May sell my grasshopper to my brother for this one =).

SSVUN~YAH, Derrrpp, scottg402 and 2 others like this.
  13. PeteSeattle

PeteSeattle Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Keeping my eye on this one @scottg402

Good luck at the convention. Play a five on red for me ;-)

14. stark1

stark1 Freddie Kahlo

There G(r)O(ws) my VAS! :doh:

Again....

15. savorntrees

savorntrees Well-Known Member

16. brybell

brybell New Member

Of course after doing a lot of research to buy a new vape, then I find this, only to find out it was just announced haha.

17. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

It seems to be very close of release after reading the review to posts before....

18. NickDlow

NickDlow Log Hog

The reviewer also mentions the vapor quality "just as goo(d)" as the v3. If it's pure convection, I'd expect it to be a lot better not just as good. Hopefully their taste palate sucks lol.

19. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

@scottg402 - maybe a dumb question, but can you use the same material in all 4 chambers (convenient preloading), or is each designed and limited to a particular use?

Hate to admit you've piqued my interest too, damn you! ;):lol:

Another fc thread to follow!

20. stark1

stark1 Freddie Kahlo

The concept of a multi-loader is indeed brilliant!

Not to foreshadow possible critics, but to suggest possible improvements, I for one would be pleased to see a vaporizer from Haze which fits ergonomically in ones hand, compact, almost invisible in its fold.

&, taking the multi-load path, make it a six-shooter. A legend, of cowboys. And cowgirls.

A wild, wild HAZE legend.

21. Slow Draw McGraw

Slow Draw McGraw Well-Known Member Company Rep

Before I start, I remember Scott saying its still in proto type and there were some changes to be made which equates into 'not released yet' which this guy states In the review says has been 'released'

Regarding that review, I gotta say, everything was very vague as if just regurgitated information. As if he's seen it, knows all about it, but doesn't actually have one. Those pictures look like they could have been taken at champs. Everything he said didn't come off as a user based. No temp mentions or anything else? Lots of descriptions but no actual details on usage?
    :2c:

22. scottg402

These pictures were taken at Champs. I have a feeling this may have been posted early in error. Nobody has used the Square including employees at Haze. However I can see something like this getting posted prematurely. There was a point in time that I myself would do reviews. When I get a new item I would start by taking pictures and construct the "bones" of the review by populating the specs and basic information. Then I would physically test the device and fill in my opinions on performance. Just a guess but that's what I'm going with here.

Edit: @Mr. Me2 Any material can be put over any slot. It's just not determined how many of each will be included but all canisters will be sold separately if you have different needs than what the package includes.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  23. Slow Draw McGraw

Slow Draw McGraw Well-Known Member Company Rep

I hope so because he did comment on the vapor production.....

24. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

It's a review after being at Champs. He did the same thing with the sidekick, only without comments about the vapor.

Prolusio, SSVUN~YAH, Derrrpp and 8 others like this.
  25. scottg402

Like I said, I'm not really sure but I am sure these units were not physically tested.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors