Discontinued Haze Square

Djsleepy

Brand new Square Works Only Intermittently and Briefly
Could There Possibly Be a Quick Fix?
The brand new Square arrived yesterday, but the heater only comes on once in about every 10 tries. And, even then, it’s just for 2 or 3 seconds before it goes out again. (Replaced the heater coil with a fresh one, but it made no difference.) Returning the unit to Haze means that it’ll probably be gone for about three weeks… and I’ve not had a single puff yet! So I’m hoping that a kind forum member might possibly know of a fix?
Thanks

Did your unit have the square tips.brochure on how to.pack,grind,etc.? Test the coil by separating unit....in the center.where.it.latches .....look in there for the safety button.... press it down then fire up unit at same time this will let you see for sure if coil not firing.... Try and report back Hope it helps.......

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Peggasus

caspargomez

Not sure if I can help but even mine heats up extra hot to get to temperature and then cools down a bit but still hits good.

What's the highest temp everyone's using for dry herb? I'm using default settings and vaping mostly on the highest temp, didn't realise it remembers your last setting. Getting good results and even vaping, but avb not too dark. I heard that convection avb tends to be lighter, but can vape the avb in the dynavap and still get good hits. Think I need to bump the temp up a bit, but not sure how much I'm scared to combust.

Mrb58

Hi new to forum and to vaping
Currently using a Pax 2 with some hacks
( sandwich 0.07g between two 3D screens and then use the vented lid with screw on 3D screen -my thinking is this adds an element of convection to s conduction vape )

Looking for a good on demand option

Options
Haze square
Herbalizer

I know totally different categories
But that is what I Am looking for

Too clumsy to use glass or multiple moving parts

Any suggestions

And when will the micro dosing capsules for the HSq be available ?

Vale critic suggests using the concentrate pad to fill out the chamber for micro dosing. Any thoughts ?

decided against herbalizer- prob great unit - but quality issues w parts - and as comapany is closed- no guarantee re parts etc availability.

so now the front runners are HSq, Plenty and perhaps GMV1 ( getting better reviews now)

any suggestions from people who have tried at least two

my goal is to be able to go to garage - spend a couple of minutes and get baked - go back in for an hour or two . microdose strengths preferable. 0.1 gm or less. would prefer some stealth For which herbalizer would have been a good option and which is a mark against the plenty). Pax 2 takes too long- wife gets really mad w long interruptions to the netflix serial - and our treaty is that not allowed to use indoors). Obviously other uses as well - but this is the critical one. huge portability not an issue as i have a pax2 and generally use cartridges when out anyway. currently w pax 2 using 0.5 gm -1 gm/ day plus 1 big cart/ 2wks. and dont particularly wish to increase my burn rate.

Mrb58,

Djsleepy

Not sure if I can help but even mine heats up extra hot to get to temperature and then cools down a bit but still hits good.

What's the highest temp everyone's using for dry herb? I'm using default settings and vaping mostly on the highest temp, didn't realise it remembers your last setting. Getting good results and even vaping, but avb not too dark. I heard that convection avb tends to be lighter, but can vape the avb in the dynavap and still get good hits. Think I need to bump the temp up a bit, but not sure how much I'm scared to combust.

My go to temps are 380/395 and go as high as 420.....no.combust.....don't worry bump u p temp and try it out...hope it helps......

decided against herbalizer- prob great unit - but quality issues w parts - and as comapany is closed- no guarantee re parts etc availability.

so now the front runners are HSq, Plenty and perhaps GMV1 ( getting better reviews now)

my goal is to be able to go to garage - spend a couple of minutes and get baked - go back in for an hour or two . microdose strengths preferable. 0.1 gm or less. would prefer some stealth, which is a mark against the plenty. ( pax 2 takes too long- wife gets really mad w long interruptions to the netflix serial - not allowed to use indoors). Obviously other uses as well - but this is the critical one. huge portability not an issue as i have a pax2 and generally use cartridges when out anyway. currently w pax 2 using 0.5 gm -1 gm/ day plus 1 big cart/ 2wks.

I cant.speak for the vapes.mentioned but I take two hits and.put down and am good and ripped..then come back later.do two more...this thing is hit beast.....many of us compare.hits to bong hits...but I'm sure someone wil.respond re:comparing those.other vapes....hope it helps...

Last edited by a moderator:

caspargomez

Can't comment on the plenty or gmv1 , but I will say that the square definitely needs more than .1 but other than that sounds good for your use

My go to temps are 380/395 and go as high as 420.....no.combust.....don't worry bump u p temp and try it out...hope it helps......

Isn't 430 default max temp? I was thinking of going up to 450

caspargomez,

Djsleepy

Can't comment on the plenty or gmv1 , but I will say that the square definitely needs more than .1 but other than that sounds good for your use

Isn't 430 default max temp? I was thinking of going up to 450
Yeah it is....haven t gone over.430....

Djsleepy,

Peggasus

Did your unit have the square tips.brochure on how to.pack,grind,etc.? Test the coil by separating unit....in the center.where.it.latches .....look in there for the safety button.... press it down then fire up unit at same time this will let you see for sure if coil not firing.... Try and report back Hope it helps.......
THANK YOU SO MUCH for directing me towards the safety button. Had no idea there is one. With the safety depressed the coil fires up every time! Unfortunately, the part of the latch that’s meant to press down the safety button isn’t pressing it down far enough. I’m trying to figure a reliable diy solution, and will post if successful.
(Per your question, I already had the Tips brochure, but there wasn’t one in the box.)
Thanks again

Djsleepy

THANK YOU SO MUCH for directing me towards the safety button. Had no idea there is one. With the safety depressed the coil fires up every time! Unfortunately, the part of the latch that’s meant to press down the safety button isn’t pressing it down far enough. I’m trying to figure a reliable diy solution, and will post if successful.
(Per your question, I already had the Tips brochure, but there wasn’t one in the box.)
Thanks again

Awesome glad I could help ....if.you can't diy ....pm haze from this thread.and they will get you taken care of quick....

Djsleepy,

Mrb58

Here below are the images of the micro dose rings:

We will have two sizes:

1/2 and 1/3

These rings are made of stainless steel and they have unique structure to retain/transfer/divert the hot air and optimize the herb vaporization. They are removable for cleaning as well.

https://imgur.com/a/P21YrVf

https://imgur.com/Y1iP1LO

They should be available shortly. I will post a video of these to show them in action too. I may be able to get it sent to me tomorrow I believe.

will these be available with the unit if i purchase or only as an accessory.

I cant.speak for the vapes.mentioned but I take two hits and.put down and am good and ripped..then come back later.do two more...this thing is hit beast.....many of us compare.hits to bong hits...but I'm sure someone wil.respond re:comparing those.other vapes....hope it helps...

This primarily addressed to Haze Vaporizers but anyone . else feel free to answer as well

Have a few questions ( in no particular order)
1. No shipping or handling charges ? now only or for ever. relevant for accessory purchases. not clear yet what i will need and dont want to pay $ 8 shipping for a $ 5 item.

2. can i request the square with only steel canister pods and no regular ones and just pay the difference in cost ?

3. when will the microdose plates/ pads be available ? is it included in the pro package or extra? if extra - cost ?

4. usb C charging: is there a usb c port in standard square 159.99 version

5. do both versions come with a wall charger. wall charger connects to device via usb c / micro usb / round DC input

6. looks like the o rings and the heating coil need frequent replacement- do you offer a repair kit or everything needs to be ordered separately.

7. vape critic recommends using the stainless steel concentrate pads for microdosing- any thoughts on this

8. are all the phase 1/ 2/3 bugs removed on the devices being shipped now with latest firmware.

9. can you come back to partially used material in device at a later time with no decrement in quality ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrb58,

ginolicious

@Mrb58

USB C not equipped for non pro models.

You can vape half a bowl and then come back later and vape the rest. I would vape the same bowl over 4-5 days. That’s the beauty about convection on demand vapes.

O rings do not need to be replaced frequently. Coil yes, depending on how hot you vape.

Haze offfers packages on their site that comes with more than just the vape. Comes with extra accessories.

Rolando D2

My coil does not heat up anymore, until I've done 4 sessions. None produced steam, but the device heated, in the third session it stopped heating and in the fourth it did not overheat. The friend who bought with me had the same problem.

Rolando D2,

O-G-Reg

I had my unit for some time before the firmware update to prevent overcharging was released. Though i dont use this unit more than a couple times a month, I wasnt paying attention to charging and probably left it on the charger over night several times. I’m wondering if this could have reduced my batteries capacity. I can make it through one pod at ~390-420f but never get much farther than half way through the second pod before im in the red, performance//extraction drops off hard. So essentially i need to charge my unit after every pod. Is it possible my battery is very degraded due to overcharging several times? @Haze Vaporizers ? Maybe time i replace it?

O-G-Reg,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@Mrb58

USB C not equipped for non pro models.

You can vape half a bowl and then come back later and vape the rest. I would vape the same bowl over 4-5 days. That’s the beauty about convection on demand vapes.

O rings do not need to be replaced frequently. Coil yes, depending on how hot you vape.

Haze offfers packages on their site that comes with more than just the vape. Comes with extra accessories.

Is pretty much the only way I will likely be using this vape-especially if I fill more than one chamber-I hesitated for a while, but then realized that due to my needs preparing some vapes ahead of time is actually an excellent idea, so allowed myself to pounce.
*I Cannot say enough good about on demand vapes! *Used them exclusively until this year.

I had my unit for some time before the firmware update to prevent overcharging was released. Though i dont use this unit more than a couple times a month, I wasnt paying attention to charging and probably left it on the charger over night several times. I’m wondering if this could have reduced my batteries capacity. I can make it through one pod at ~390-420f but never get much farther than half way through the second pod before im in the red, performance//extraction drops off hard. So essentially i need to charge my unit after every pod. Is it possible my battery is very degraded due to overcharging several times? @Haze Vaporizers ? Maybe time i replace it?

It is very likely your battery degraded- I can't remember what page, or if it was on the website- but haze has mentioned this before- overcharging- to any degree can damage the battery.

@Mrb58
"3. when will the microdose plates/ pads be available ? is it included in the pro package or extra? if extra - cost ?" -
The microdose plates/pads were not included with my Pro kit-
I'm also very anxiously staying in for these.

django7

Let me tell You guys a story....about Haze CS .....so I wasn't firing and coils were melting.....reached out to Haze.....they Sent me a video on what to look for and how to fix ....now I have no need to send in and I am getting ripped as I speak..

Thanks @Haze Vaporizers !!!!
I just had something similar happen to me today. I was getting no heat, and when I checked the coil it looked ok at first. I pulled it out, and found that one of the legs had melted off.

I replaced the coil and it seems ok, but if there's something else I should check, I'd like to know!

ginolicious

Super excited. Gonna be using my girl tonight. Also have some creamy cbd strains with low medium thc content coming in the mail.

Has anyone packed a nice dab in the square and hit the dab one day and then come back a day later and finish it off?

ginolicious,

Djsleepy

Super excited. Gonna be using my girl tonight. Also have some creamy cbd strains with low medium thc content coming in the mail.

Has anyone packed a nice dab in the square and hit the dab one day and then come back a day later and finish it off?

Do you remember how.to treat.your girl?...lol.....glad.you will be back amongst other "squares"....that was bad.....sorry

Djsleepy,

ginolicious

Do you remember how.to treat.your girl?...lol.....glad.you will be back amongst other "squares"....that was bad.....sorry

Not sure. I have a bowl packed in there from a while ago. May need to tamp it down. Hopefully no hiccups tonight.

ginolicious,

O-G-Reg

How many pods do you guys get through on a single charge and at what temp?

Last edited:
O-G-Reg,

ginolicious

I vouch for the tight pack. Just hit the vape at 390 on a tight pack. Vapor in first hit. I let it warm up twice before my first hit cause this thing hasn’t been touched since August 14. But yeah tight pack and instant vape after a full draw. Since the pack was semi tight I did have to pull hard. But damn. Even the wife got vapor on her two hits. I’m done after one. This is some high THC percentage. Can’t wait for my high cbd strains. I’ll be using this a lot more.

ginolicious,

caspargomez

Been getting 4/5 bowls I think.

Combusted for the first time today. Usually wait a couple seconds before hitting,but maybe I didn't this time? Instant smoke on first draw. Sucks wasted my last bowl.

Any tips for getting the taste out?

caspargomez,

ginolicious

Combusted for the first time today. Usually wait a couple seconds before hitting,but maybe I didn't this time? Instant smoke on first draw. Sucks wasted my last bowl.

Full deep clean. Take everything apart and clean. Clean all air paths. Clean the silicone. Everything.

What’s everyone’s go to temp? Right now I’m feeling 390. Getting nice visible vapor on the first draw. Not too hot. Doesn’t even feel like I’m inhaling anything. But then releasing a nice cloud

ginolicious,
Reactions: Shrike

O-G-Reg

Thanks! I Definitely have a battery that suffered from the overcharge bug. probably Not to the point of being degraded enough to get it via warranty though. I guess it was good i could still use it.

Usually you can use those tweezeers and pick out the charred flecks mostly. I found a qtip dipped in iso on the mouthpiece, the mp hole, and pod was enough to get any burnt taste out without the need for a deep clean.

O-G-Reg,

caspargomez

Full deep clean. Take everything apart and clean. Clean all air paths. Clean the silicone. Everything.

What’s everyone’s go to temp? Right now I’m feeling 390. Getting nice visible vapor on the first draw. Not too hot. Doesn’t even feel like I’m inhaling anything. But then releasing a nice cloud

I don't have the tool can I still do a deep clean?

I pretty much keep it at 430 all the time. Never had a problem with combusting if anything the temp feels low. Not sure what caused it this time.

Thanks! I Definitely have a battery that suffered from the overcharge bug. probably Not to the point of being degraded enough to get it via warranty though. I guess it was good i could still use it.

Usually you can use those tweezeers and pick out the charred flecks mostly. I found a qtip dipped in iso on the mouthpiece, the mp hole, and pod was enough to get any burnt taste out without the need for a deep clean.

Thanks, I ended up dropping that bowl on the floor so no need to pick anything out at least... I'll probably try run a couple pods through it and hopes it clears out

caspargomez,

ginolicious

Yikes. 430 is my concentrate temp. That probably produces a lot of vapor. When I first got this thing I was vaping at 350. I now run 390,400,410,420,430. Can do bob conetrnate and flower on those pre sets. But I should probably increase the 430 to 440 or 450.

Don’t need the tool to deep clean. Makes it easier. But not required.

Last edited:
ginolicious,

MinnBobber

I don't have the tool can I still do a deep clean?
I'll give an alternative opinion vs ginolicious.
I found it nearly impossible to do a deep clean without the Haze tool.
I also bet some buddies they couldn't do it without and never had to payout.

I'd get the full tray loaded but then inserting it, it always spit out one or more
SS screens and had to start over.
The slightest twist would spit out parts.

Can someone post a video of this, without the tool?

Top Bottom