• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Square

bobo305

geeze, have never seen a new vape take so long to come to market. maybe design problems? this was shown at Champs 2016 and 2017 lol...losing interest.

bobo305,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
geeze, have never seen a new vape take so long to come to market. maybe design problems? this was shown at Champs 2016 and 2017 lol...losing interest.

I have seen many take longer... Nothing unusual here, I'm sure we'll hear more soon, this is a unique design that offers features no other vape does... Definitely still interested

Shit Snacks

never have seen the same vape presented at Champs 2 years running except this unit.

I don't know about champs necessarily, but there are several vapes that even did pre orders then took two years to be completed... Also the Indica i2 has been at two champs shows now I think with no product in sight either, at least this one was said to be a prototype and the current version different (Indica's been changing too)

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
never have seen the same vape presented at Champs 2 years running except this unit.
Probably because it's not the same vape. The first one was a prototype that never had any guts in it. It had a lot of things that needed changing so the one at year two is significantly different.

But it takes a lot of time, money and energy to put a quality device out there and most folks don't realize how small most vaporizer companies are. Haze is a private company that never took outside money to get started and never did any crowdfunding either. It's also a pretty unique and somewhat complex design compared to a lot of the competition so of course it's going to take a bit longer.

Last edited:

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Champs show is a B2B show which we took the Square prototype to get feedback from business owners who deal with all products and who have experience in what consumer demands are. Most other companies may come to that show for selling their products. We attend mostly for feedback and building relationships.

Based on that feedback, we not only improved a lot of design factors but also added new features to the Square.

@bobo305 , if you saw the prototype Square at Champs, you must be a business owner since they are pretty strict not to let general public in.

As a business owner, i am sure that you will appreciate a product that your customers will be excited about, use it safely and with minimum complaints.

We also had to deal with newly announced FDA regulations. Most brands and even some of the very well known brands (i am not going to give out a name here out of respect to the community) mentioned to us that they did not even submit their application because they don't think that FDA will be able to enforce their regulations for the next two to three years.

As much as it is expensive for us and it is very inconvenient to spend our money and time for compliance, we believe that there can be valid basis to the regulatory demands from FDA for consumer safety and overall well being.

It took us over 9 months to add/change to the project for compliance application.

We are now almost at beta testing phase for the users. If the feedback is positive, we will get this product out very soon. If our beta testers point out common improvements, we will take our time to improve.

We may loose a few customer's interest in the process of course but we believe that our final product will be the one which not only is the most unique in the market but also the most versatile to satisfy customer needs without sacrificing quality.

P.S: Beta test unit's first batch arrived Friday. Engineers will be reviewing them this week and our goal is to ship them out next week. The second half will arrive later next week and will be shipped out the following week. Thank you all for your patience.

jfkdidit

I made an account for this reply.

This is the exact reason I have been religiously following this thread for months. You guys are doing this thing right and have earned whatever money I have. I can not wait for this thing to ship so I can keep you all in business. Thanks for doing customer service right and making sure you are doing the right things for your customers. We appreciate it.

[Edit: grammar. I'm at a 7]

Last edited:

elykpeace

exVASted
From the vids @Haze Vaporizers posted awhile back it has morphed into a really awesome portable. If the battery life is great it is a perfect vape for on the go. I like the ability to "cache" one section and turn it with a fresh orb is SWEET it can be a taste testing vape with different combinations of flower/concentrates.
OrB? What are we calling these pods? I'm glad they aren't tear drops any more that was sad. :brow:

:lol:@ohmygodimsohigh how did you miss that??:doh:

Edit:words

Baron23

Champs show is a B2B show which we took the Square prototype to get feedback from business owners who deal with all products and who have experience in what consumer demands are. Most other companies may come to that show for selling their products. We attend mostly for feedback and building relationships.

Based on that feedback, we not only improved a lot of design factors but also added new features to the Square.

@bobo305 , if you saw the prototype Square at Champs, you must be a business owner since they are pretty strict not to let general public in.

As a business owner, i am sure that you will appreciate a product that your customers will be excited about, use it safely and with minimum complaints.

We also had to deal with newly announced FDA regulations. Most brands and even some of the very well known brands (i am not going to give out a name here out of respect to the community) mentioned to us that they did not even submit their application because they don't think that FDA will be able to enforce their regulations for the next two to three years.

As much as it is expensive for us and it is very inconvenient to spend our money and time for compliance, we believe that there can be valid basis to the regulatory demands from FDA for consumer safety and overall well being.

It took us over 9 months to add/change to the project for compliance application.

We are now almost at beta testing phase for the users. If the feedback is positive, we will get this product out very soon. If our beta testers point out common improvements, we will take our time to improve.

We may loose a few customer's interest in the process of course but we believe that our final product will be the one which not only is the most unique in the market but also the most versatile to satisfy customer needs without sacrificing quality.

P.S: Beta test unit's first batch arrived Friday. Engineers will be reviewing them this week and our goal is to ship them out next week. The second half will arrive later next week and will be shipped out the following week. Thank you all for your patience.
Thank you, very nice reply.

When qualification testing at your facility and/or during beta, please put an emphasis on reliability and maintainability factors. Too often testing is only oriented toward user interface and principal vape functions. I think we have seen with a number of recent vapes, which attempted to push the state of the art forward, also displayed terrible MTBF, contradictory and ambiguous failure symptoms, and many RMAs on the same device indicating either high failure rates or very possibly lousy fault detection/isolation in the design.

Just saying, everybody gets excited about the bells and whistles but after they buy what pisses them off is an unreliable device and sometimes ambiguous failure indications.

Cheers

Last edited:

Just Justin

I'm still interested in the square! Looking forward to another on-demand vape, something I hope to see more of these days and makes more sense to me than a "session" style vape. I like to take a hit when I want, not have to wait and not be rushed by a device that's always heating, vaping my material and draining my juice!

ginolicious

Thank you, very nice reply.

When qualification testing at your facility and/or during beta, please put an emphasis on reliability and maintainability factors. Too often testing is only oriented toward user interface and principal vape functions. I think we have seen with a number of recent vapes, which attempted to push the state of the art forward, also displayed terrible MTBF, contradictory and ambiguous failure symptoms, and many RMAs on the same device indicating either high failure rates or very possibly lousy fault detection/isolation in the design.

Just saying, everybody gets excited about the bells and whistles but after they buy what pisses them off is an unreliable device and sometimes ambiguous failure indications.

Cheers

Also cleaning and upkeep is very important to the user and should always be tested. The V3 is quite easy to clean even if you wait a month to clean it.

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I still need to be L7'd and checking in almost daily.

Haze always gets it's correct and will do everything to make the unit the best it can be. They've always focused on health, reliability and function. A damn good combination for the win!

I'm positive this portable device will be a most wanted once it's finally complete. Remember, good things come to those who wait. :tup: Haze is a game changer, Cheers! :cheers:

bobo305

Yeah I hope they announce something soon. I was all about this for a year or so, now I'm pretty satisfied with my current line up, and this will have to be a real home run for me to jump. There are so many vape options now.
was about to buy the mighty but decided to wait for an upcoming convection portable. the new boundless and ghost vapes sound light years ahead of Haze Sq. still think their having problems despite their statements to the contrary.

Philreal187

I believe the square is out in beta testing right now. If thats the case I would hope that it starts to come to life in about two months, if the beta testing goes well.

I'm really excited for this one too! The haze dual oven v3 was a really solid vape and treated me well for quite some time! I imagine the folks at haze want the square to be equally as good in quality and won't rush a good thing! I would hate to see a quick release and then 6 months later an updated verson released to iron out kinks..

Do it right or do it twice is what the chef at my old job use to preach.

Patients is key!

:peace:

Shit Snacks

I believe the square is out in beta testing right now. If thats the case I would hope that it starts to come to life in about two months, if the beta testing goes well.

I'm really excited for this one too! The haze dual oven v3 was a really solid vape and treated me well for quite some time! I imagine the folks at haze want the square to be equally as good in quality and won't rush a good thing! I would hate to see a quick release and then 6 months later an updated verson released to iron out kinks..

Patients is key!

Nope pretty sure that hasn't started yet, they said their engineers had to verify the first beta units, and my guess is they weren't quite there yet. Still excited about this one expecting big things, nothing else on the market offers these features yet... So probably a little complex

Baron23

Patients is key!

My catch phrase as a PM in telco network industry was "measure twice, cut once" and so I agree with the sentiment expressed by your friend the Chef, above.

But they came here and teased it pretty good then nothing but deafening silence. The competitive landscape is changing very quickly for portables and they need to keep this on peoples radar, I think. There are new vapes coming down the line here this summer.

If with beta team, how come no beta team reviews/reports???

frank grimes

So no updates...should we take that as things aren't going too well?

On a brighter note, there's some new vapes on the horizon that look very promising...one in particular that the vape critic is promoting :tup:

Top Bottom