Discontinued Haze Square

Djsleepy

Sorry to hear your frustration .....there is a learning curve with this unit.....I do a fine grind with mffg...no tamp ......draw hard but slow .....it takes a few times to get it ...I start at 365 and get good clouds by third draw.....ramp up temp every two hits 380,395....hope it helps...

Also dbl.press causes coil to warp quicker .......

UpdAte ...if you don't have a mffg....then turn your grinder upside down is how some have gotten a finer grind....

Last edited:
Djsleepy,

frank grimes

Is there anyway to not fully pack the pod and get good clouds? Or does do I really have pack it to the top and make it fairly tight? My typical dosage in the grasshopper is .1 to .15g and I get 2 big hits from it. That’s what I would like from the haze square. Is that even possible? I think it was stickstones who said he can pack the pod with .35g. That is way too much for me and I’m going to go thru my herb like water if I do.

frank grimes,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@frank grimes are you getting a head change, flavor etc. just not vapor? I find you can get really high with no vapor and that is what Haze says.

That being said here is what I have found works. Super fine grind, full bowl with no tamp, temp 390+, first couple hits have mass flavor but no vapor, slow even draw, it seems 2-3 hits gets the bowl warmed enough to then produce vapor, step up temp with each couple of hits. I find the warmer the entire unit the better the performance.

Hope that helps.

As far as having to send in a unit, mine is going in Monday, IMO the performance more than makes up for the hassle.

Djsleepy

Is there anyway to not fully pack the pod and get good clouds? Or does do I really have pack it to the top and make it fairly tight? My typical dosage in the grasshopper is .1 to .15g and I get 2 big hits from it. That’s what I would like from the haze square. Is that even possible? I think it was stickstones who said he can pack the pod with .35g. That is way too much for me and I’m going to go thru my herb like water if I do.

Haze is currently testing microdose pods...in the meantime the ways described above and previously are the best ways to get good results imo......

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

frank grimes

Thanks for everyone’s reponses.

Another question:
Anyone who is successful at getting clouds, can you describe your draw? How hard are you drawing? And do you feel the vapor in your mouth and do you feel the heat from it?

My first few pods I thought I was drawing fast and hard but I didn’t feel any vapor or heat and the lack of cloud production reflected that. So difficult to tell because there is no resistance. My last few pulls on my most recent pod, I pulled steady but this time I pulled like it was a milkshake or like I was a man dying of thirst (although it was still free flowing) and I got 2 nice clouds. Almost combusted though but then again I was at 450.

frank grimes,

Djsleepy

Thanks for everyone’s reponses.

Another question:
Anyone who is successful at getting clouds, can you describe your draw? How hard are you drawing? And do you feel the vapor in your mouth and do you feel the heat from it?

My first few pods I thought I was drawing fast and hard but I didn’t feel any vapor or heat and the lack of cloud production reflected that. So difficult to tell because there is no resistance. My last few pulls on my most recent pod, I pulled steady but this time I pulled like it was a milkshake or like I was a man dying of thirst (although it was still free flowing) and I got 2 nice clouds. Almost combusted though but then again I was at 450.

450 with a fast draw can cause combust....I draw slow but deep/hard if that helps.....I feel vapor and heat as clouds get bigger....just remember your job is to get hot air pulled thru pod bottom....so fast will cool it down....I have learned that even once you perfect your draw you need to pay attention/or don't get so high to what are you doing or you can combust....point being.... this baby needs your attention when using ...hope it helps....

Djsleepy,

b0

Cloudy...

If you do a quick search you will find some post from me, explaining how to use an eq screen to reduce the size of the bowl and it improves efficiency as well :)

Djsleepy

If you do a quick search you will find some post from me, explaining how to use an eq screen to reduce the size of the bowl and it improves efficiency as well :)

thanks @b0 I couldn't remember who did post regarding eq screen.....

Djsleepy,

frank grimes

450 with a fast draw can cause combust....I draw slow but deep/hard if that helps.....I feel vapor and heat as clouds get bigger....just remember your job is to get hot air pulled thru pod bottom....so fast will cool it down....I have learned that even once you perfect your draw you need to pay attention/or don't get so high to what are you doing or you can combust....point being.... this baby needs your attention when using ...hope it helps....

That’s my problem, I am having trouble feeling any vapor and heat when I draw. I think my seal is good because when I pull, the only place where I feel a leak is the from the vent where I am guessing it’s pulling in air to heat up. That’s why I’m thinking I’m not pulling in enough air.

Maybe when you say you draw slow but hard, I’m not understanding what you mean. My draw strength through the mouthpiece could probably pick up a tissue. With your draw, what in your estimation could you pick up from the other end?

Thanks b0, I tried that too. I managed to cook it brown but it took me like 5-6 draws with little to no visible vapour production. Can you get clouds from the using the eq screens? What is your draw technique?

frank grimes,

caseball2051

@frank grimes

In addition to inhaling with my lungs, one other thing I've used to help me get my technique down is using the vape in a silent environment at first. It helped me listen to my draw speed and I could more easily dial things in . You'll notice your mouth and ears will work together to help you.

Hope you can get things working. I'm seriously loving this unit. I can get clouds on all my presets from the first hit without any issues.

My enano was out on repair and in it's absence this had become my favorite portable vape since I've had no desktop at home. It works great as an on demand unit and you can session with it.

I've been using the SS screens and I am finding I prefer them. But more testing needed.

Last edited:

buchee

Mine is in quarantine, too. And school starts on Wednesday. I neeeeeed it.
hehe I know what its like to not have it when you neeeeeeeeeeeed it the most. I had to bring my dual v3 for a week at cottage and it just wasn't the same. The only upside was having the swapable batteries but now that I have my 20 charge battery pack I feel that its no longer an issue.

Thank God for the U.S. Postal service .....sorry you had to work today .....but guess what came in the mail....I am about to put this unit thru some serious work.....start off with a Durban cookies and sunset sherbet ... Let You guys know things are in a little bit......I'm so excited .....thanks @Haze Vaporizers for your amazing cs!!!!! :clap:
What was your turnaround time. Seems to me like you just sent it in. I had to wait almost 2 weeks. Now that is torture. :cry:

Edit-- enjoy your Durban cookies and sunset sherbet...btw how's she working since you got her back?

Last edited by a moderator:

KLo

No Ember
My team said that it is a generic placeholder label until our legal team get some specifics on what is required.

Was on a tear with the last comments. Apologies. Pain is disorienting and brings out alter egos. Just wish we could get on a regulatory standard that works for patients of all ailments , including gov. They got issues up in there ! Not to digress, but I hope it gets sorted out next year. Canada's in good formation (sigh) :razz:

It makes sense to be a little nervous when reading of issues, but life has issues. It's how we deal with those issues, and improve, that builds durability. Take note of how Haze responded to all reports. Nervousness should come from the unknown, and Haze customer service is not an unknown -- they are what should make you comfortable about a purchase.

preach

KLo,

Djsleepy

@buchee 12 day turnaround......

Hitting like an out of control freight train ......I LOVE THIS VAPE!!!!! Flavor and clouds....ahhhhh.....I have been trying something different.....I start my first hit at highest temp(395 right now)......then on second hit......go back down to my low temp(350) and start the journey back up.....what this does is really heatsoak pod so second and third and so on hits are really good.....great clouds.....glad to be back.....

Stdudez

@buchee 12 day turnaround......

Hitting like an out of control freight train ......I LOVE THIS VAPE!!!!! Flavor and clouds....ahhhhh.....I have been trying something different.....I start my first hit at highest temp(395 right now)......then on second hit......go back down to my low temp(350) and start the journey back up.....what this does is really heatsoak pod so second and third and so on hits are really good.....great clouds.....glad to be back.....

This is what I love to see - congrats man!

Hoping my baby comes back to me in the same manner this week!

wastedpotential

That’s my problem, I am having trouble feeling any vapor and heat when I draw. I think my seal is good because when I pull, the only place where I feel a leak is the from the vent where I am guessing it’s pulling in air to heat up. That’s why I’m thinking I’m not pulling in enough air.
Frank, check with Haze. This sounds similar to mine.
I was getting frustrated. I felt like I had a good seal, as I could feel the draw from the side vent. The mouthpiece was a bit loose, but I worked that out. Yet, still, I was not getting consistent results.

I was tempted to start complaining/bashing the Square, it was that bad. But when it performed properly, I really wanted to keep it. I didn't want to sell anyone the piece of junk, that is how inconsistent the performance was.

Seeing how others were raving about their Squares, and how Haze was proactive on issues, I decided to have Haze look at it. They have been very open with everything in this forum, and since we see so few companies with such traits, I feel basically 'obligated' to give them a chance. After all, isn't that what we all want, a chance to give and get respect?

I was not disappointed. I sent my Square in, and when it returned it was like a different device. I don't know what they did, but now my Square Pro works great. I'm getting that same great experience others are reporting. It is working so great, that I can create clouds from 'cleaning' the airpath screens of residue using an empty pod on high heat (around 450).

So, if you are not getting consistent hits, please let Haze help you with it. It is worth it.

frank grimes

Frank, check with Haze. This sounds similar to mine.
I was getting frustrated. I felt like I had a good seal, as I could feel the draw from the side vent. The mouthpiece was a bit loose, but I worked that out. Yet, still, I was not getting consistent results.

I was tempted to start complaining/bashing the Square, it was that bad. But when it performed properly, I really wanted to keep it. I didn't want to sell anyone the piece of junk, that is how inconsistent the performance was.

Seeing how others were raving about their Squares, and how Haze was proactive on issues, I decided to have Haze look at it. They have been very open with everything in this forum, and since we see so few companies with such traits, I feel basically 'obligated' to give them a chance. After all, isn't that what we all want, a chance to give and get respect?

I was not disappointed. I sent my Square in, and when it returned it was like a different device. I don't know what they did, but now my Square Pro works great. I'm getting that same great experience others are reporting. It is working so great, that I can create clouds from 'cleaning' the airpath screens of residue using an empty pod on high heat (around 450).

So, if you are not getting consistent hits, please let Haze help you with it. It is worth it.

Thanks for telling me your experience. I’ve only done about 6-7pods so I’m trying to give it a chance before considering the possibility that it’s broken. How easy is it for you to get vapor? As simple as drinking water using a straw or do you have special technique? And how do you pack your pod?

I wish you were told what was wrong because while this forum is useful, the experience/expectations/results of owners has been polarizing. Its kind of difficult to gauge if my problem is the same as theirs.

What phase unit do you have?

frank grimes,

wastedpotential

I was a phase 1, originally, and had even sent mine in earlier for the seal fix. In July I sent it in again (I contacted them on this forum first), and it came back working. To me, it doesn't matter what was wrong with it. They fixed it. That's all that matters.

I am saying that if you are not happy with the performance, talk to Haze. Troubleshoot it with them. Why try to figure it out on your own when you have top-notch customer service ready to help you?

As for my technique, I don't really have one anymore. I had tried different things when it was working correctly, and it was always intermittent. Now, I don't worry about technique. (though I keep forgetting to wait 2 seconds on first start up... I just combusted) I can pull light, or hard.

I pack medium grind nearly full, and place a pipe screen on top to slightly tamp it down. I use the screen so the flower doesn't stick to the main screens, and that keeps the system clean a little longer. I don't even have to wipe the screens down at refill. I have to assume that the fine grind must be getting into those airpaths, needing more cleaning.

My temps, I think, are 360,375,395,420,450(or 460).
I tend to keep things simple and will stick with 395 for most of the pod. Then bump up to finish off.
The top temp is mostly for concentrate.

I leave the mouthpiece in, because once I have a tight fit, I don't want to mess with the o-rings as they loosen up.

Again, before the magic fix, no matter what I tried, it was inconsistent. This past month after the fix, it has been very consistent.

The only issues I have now are with the mouthpiece (sometimes too loose, so I keep it in place), and the 'bug' with the first heat up where the coil stays glowing for an extra 2-3 after green/buzz, and gives combustion.

As for the bug, I wonder if it's related to the temperature monitor that regulates the temp. The unit goes 'green' when the temp is reached, HOWEVER, it is not a stable heat yet because the ceramic hasn't absorbed the heat fully to maintain. So, the extra 2 seconds, the ceramic becomes heated evenly and the coil can flicker as needed. Otherwise, the coil is glowing too hot for us to pull air into the material. It's a real pain, because you get used to drawing on the buzz.

Just let them help you. You will kick yourself in the butt after you realize how much time you wasted trying to figure it out on your own when you could have just ask for assistance directly from Haze.

wastedpotential,
Reactions: Stdudez

b0

Cloudy...
Well, I hate to bring bad news but I have a new weird problem with my unit. Not sure if someone else will be having the same issue and the answer I got from @Haze Vaporizers was totally unexpected this time.

I have a phase 3 updated to the last firmware. The first hit bug keeps happening randomly but I'm starting to not forget it so not that bothered anymore. Still can't understand why they can't accept there is a bug that happens randomly (I mean if sometimes it does it and other times works perfectly, that's what us coders call BUG, but whatever) Keep in mind this is my 2nd unit. First one was a Phase 2 that appart from the "bug" worked flawlesly until it died randomly. So here is the problem with my NEW unit:

1st button press is normal, sometimes overheats but that seems to be normal in all units on first hit, so let's just leave it there.

2nd button press it starts heating, coil gets super red, temp goes down to the right temp and it goes green when it's ready at temp. Normal, like it should be.

3rd button press and every single one after it in a row, button goes green in 1 second and AFTER IT IS GREEN starts heating. So if you hit it, you get combustion ALWAYS.

So does this happen to you guys? Because it seems like it's something normal but in the 10 years I've been vaping I saw no vaporizer in the market whose feedback let's you know you can draw while getting pipping hot and then you have to wait. For what you have the green light and buzzing then? To know that is the perfect time to keep waiting? :mental:

I mean, if you tell me this is normal, I want a refund. The funny thing is that my original unit never did that and work perfectly fine (apart from the random bug) and green always meant go, so that means my old unit wasn't working properly then? Wich one is faulty, the one that worked properly or the weird one that green means keep waiting? :shrug:

Oh, and all this happens with me not drawing and every time I do more than 2 hits in a row. I tried 3 different coils, re-flashing firmware and it still keeps happening ALWAYS unless I wait like 30 seconds between hits...

CS told me it was normal behaviour and it was cooling because of my draw? I mean, what thas has to do with my issue? I feel like they didn't even read my full message or maybe my English isn't good enough :hmm: And on top of that they told me it was fine as long as I wait after it goes green... Does that even makes sense? For what you putt the green light and the buzzing then? :shrug:

Last edited:
b0,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Well, I hate to bring bad news but I have a new weird problem with my unit. Not sure if someone else will be having the same issue and the answer I got from @Haze Vaporizers was totally unexpected this time.

I have a phase 3 updated to the last firmware. The first hit bug keeps happening randomly but I'm starting to not forget it so not that bothered anymore. Still can't understand why they can't accept there is a bug that happens randomly (I mean if sometimes it does it and other times works perfectly, that's what us coders call BUG, but whatever) Keep in mind this is my 2nd unit. First one was a Phase 2 that appart from the "bug" worked flawlesly until it died randomly. So here is the problem with my NEW unit:

1st button press is normal, sometimes overheats but that seems to be normal in all units on first hit, so let's just leave it there.

2nd button press it starts heating, coil gets super red, temp goes down to the right temp and it goes green when it's ready at temp. Normal, like it should be.

3rd button press and every single one after it in a row, button goes green in 1 second and AFTER IT IS GREEN starts heating. So if you hit it, you get combustion ALWAYS.

So does this happen to you guys? Because it seems like it's something normal but in the 10 years I've been vaping I saw no vaporizer in the market whose feedback let's you know you can draw while getting pipping hot and then you have to wait. For what you have the green light and buzzing then? To know that is the perfect time to keep waiting? :mental:

I mean, if you tell me this is normal, I want a refund. The funny thing is that my original unit never did that and work perfectly fine (apart from the random bug) and green always meant go, so that means my old unit wasn't working properly then? Wich one is faulty, the one that worked properly or the weird one that green means keep waiting? :shrug:

Oh, and all this happens with me not drawing (just in case, CS told me it was normal and it was cooling because of my draw? Obviously they didn't even read my first message properly) and every time I do more than 2 hits in a row. I tried 3 different coils, re-flashing firmware and it still keeps happening ALWAYS unless I wait like 30 seconds between hits...
We have been responding to you last 2 hours on PM and responded to the last message on PM as well and we do read everything. Are you not seeing our responses on your end?

Haze Vaporizers,

b0

Cloudy...
We have been responding to you last 2 hours on PM and responded to the last message on PM as well and we do read everything. Are you not seeing our responses on your end?

I didn't say you didn't answer to my messages, I'm just sharing this here cause you told me that my unit works normally and I'm asking other people if they have the same issue to see how normal it really is, that's all. This is a forum where we share our thoughts and experiences and as long as we don't bash a company (I'm not doing it) we can freely talk about it. I don't know why you're being defensive now, especially when you know I can see your messages cause I answered them...

We have our chat in private and I'm sharing this with the forum, that should be fine, no?

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
No defense my friend. I was responding to this comment here: "I feel like they didn't even read my full message". So all messages are read in full and responded in full unless they are not received properly.

Thanks!

Top Bottom