Discontinued Haze Square

ginolicious

Guys I will be the first to say I am a dipshit....ok was having bad air flow restriction couldn't hear much from vent ...tried everything three times over... By end of day I was sending her back....then my contact at Haze emailed me back at 6am ( can I get a clap for Haze CS???????) She said SOAK your pods... check your air filters...I was sure vent was blocked....well....I always ensure I check holes in pods in between uses to make sure all open ....well they weren't open ALL the way.... after soak Bam! Back in business! Hope it helps!

Lol. Now that’s a putz. But yeah I agree this vape needs to be spotless to get good hits. I forgot to clean it before a friend came over and we did not get any hits and I was embarrassed. He left and boom it worked after I cleaned it.

Last night on my fresh bowl of GSC was getting some excellent vapor. After last nights session I don’t think I can go higher than 395. Was getting very warm for me on the first few hits. Couldn’t imagine in the 400s.

ginolicious,

FC123

Anyone tried using the vape while on pass-thru (while charging)
Yep, I used it with the wall charger and a power bank. Works much better than a plugged in crafty. If you are using a power bank, make sure to use one with at least 3A. Best would be one with USB-C. Otherwise you won't get a faster charging. With normal charging the square needs a long time to charge...

FC123,

NiCkLeB474

Seeing people have been getting the latest phase for the pro version, anyone seeing many issues? i really want this vape! Long time smoker and used friends vapes before and this just seems perfect if the issues are ironed out :)

Edit: Also hows the delivery time to the UK? If any UK users know, cheers!

My phase 3 pro will not let me set custom temps without combusting, even if I set it to my lowest temp. Using the default temps yields good results but I would like to be able to choose my own temps.

NiCkLeB474,

Easywider

Simple is the way
If you are using a power bank, make sure to use one with at least 3A. Best would be one with USB-C. Otherwise you won't get a faster charging. With normal charging the square needs a long time to charge...

Does anyone have a power bank that they can confirm fast charges the square? I have an Aukey 5V / 3A USB - C charger that takes hours to charge and I usually plug in around 50% battery.

My phase 3 pro will not let me set custom temps without combusting, even if I set it to my lowest temp. Using the default temps yields good results but I would like to be able to choose my own temps.

I had an issues with custom temps combusting when I first got my unit. If you can update your firmware that's what fixed it for me.

----------

Whoever posted the Image tutorial on how to re-assemble your square without the loading tray, Thank you!:clap: It worked flawlessly. Will be my go to method now I think, it's super simple and I never have to remember where I put my tray. I tried finding the original post so I could repost the method but this thread is moving too fast! :myday:

Altanzik

Dumb question? I can't charge my vape with the stock square charger. Updated firmware but now all it charges with is over PC USB. Any ideas?

Altanzik,

Stdudez

Interesting stuff here. Thanks all for the great info.

I have been trying out higher temps to see how they do, and I seem to get more consistent results with a wider range of herb when using 450.

But there’s an oddness I have noticed. If I set my temp to anything under 450, I get fairly short heat-up times, but as soon as I hit 450 it suddenly takes quite a bit longer to turn green. Maybe that’s the reason I get good results at that temp. It seems to be some kind of sweet spot.

I have to use shorter draws, except for the starting one which heats the bowl. But once the bowl is heated, the short draw is all I need. I can adjust the length of draw to adjust how much vapor I get.

Seems to work well with wet or dry herb, medium ground. I have not tried fine grind.

I don’t think the herb is actually reaching 450, but that setting produces a very hot air stream which gets the vapor going. I never have to double press, that’s for sure.

Just putting this out there. It’s worth trying.

Edit: Forgot to mention, bowls last a long time using this method (12 or more draws), and the ABV gets nice and brown. Battery drains rather fast, but it always does.

I'm going to try setting my top temp to 450 tonight and give this a go. I personally like higher temps/huge clouds if combustion can be avoided.

Lol. Now that’s a putz. But yeah I agree this vape needs to be spotless to get good hits. I forgot to clean it before a friend came over and we did not get any hits and I was embarrassed. He left and boom it worked after I cleaned it.

Last night on my fresh bowl of GSC was getting some excellent vapor. After last nights session I don’t think I can go higher than 395. Was getting very warm for me on the first few hits. Couldn’t imagine in the 400s.

It seems to me based on all of your posts - you are just generally what I like to call a "conservationist". Low temps, few draws in a session, extend one pod over a 3-4 day period. Interesting method that I would say few daily users incorporate. 400+ is definitely not really that high considering, as Django said, the bud doesn't really reach that temp - that's most likely the ambient air temp in the device. I wish I could extend a pod out over 3-4 days but I'm too busy trying be high AF lol!

ginolicious

@Stdudez I only vape at around 9pm and go to bed around 10 or 11pm. So 3-4 hits is enough to get me stoned. If I’m on vacation or throwing a party then yeah I will go through a couple bowls for sure. But the amount of time I have to actually vape is limited. More of an end of day thing for me. If I had this thing back in university, would be a totally different story. But I work 50 hour weeks, 6 days a week and have two young children. Plus I quit weed for over 3 years. Got back into it in 2015 but from such a long break my usuage was reduced greatly. And this thing is so efficient. I can be high in under 10 minutes off a couple hits.

FC123

Does anyone have a power bank that they can confirm fast charges the square? I have an Aukey 5V / 3A USB - C charger that takes hours to charge and I usually plug in around 50% battery.
Strange. I use a Easyacc Powerbank with also 3A and I've got it pretty quick charged up. When I've time than I'll check how long it takes to charge it up. Pretty curious too but last time I used it at a festival, I didn't find that I'd to wait long for use it again.

Easywider

Simple is the way
@FC123 Good to hear! Hopefully it's just mine that's not working properly. I should try it again as I've updated the FW twice since I last tried. I'd love to be able to fast charge on the go.

Easywider,

KMizzy

I was having mouthpiece issues, fixed it easily. It was resting real loose in its hole, but not the storage area, in the storage area it was fine.

I took a little sliver of wood, tiny, I cut it skinnier and skinnier. I took out an o-ring, and laid my silver in the track. The o-ring fit over it easily, protruding more now. It is now snug in the hole, works perfect.

KMizzy,

Djsleepy

I was having mouthpiece issues, fixed it easily. It was resting real loose in its hole, but not the storage area, in the storage area it was fine.

I took a little sliver of wood, tiny, I cut it skinnier and skinnier. I took out an o-ring, and laid my silver in the track. The o-ring fit over it easily, protruding more now. It is now snug in the hole, works perfect.

yeah a couple of pages back I did this with a broke oring …. put a little piece in the track and rolled oring over it and bulges out more to make great seal. It definitely is a game changer for loose mp's ...whatever works!

Djsleepy,

Djsleepy

I just stopped taking mine out. That way I don’t wear down the o rings.

mine stays in except for travelling or if I cant clean it while its in....but I was travelling and removed it and I think heat caused it to stretch so when I pulled it out it just broke...but since doing it with a piece underneath oring my stuff has been solid (minus the stupid pod thing...shut up Gino! jk).

Djsleepy,

Petunia Vanish

Just had first combustion event on phase 3 unit may have been my fault using temperature for 40 I pressed and waited till it turned green I then released by accident and press the button again and it instantly turned green and when I drew that hit it was instant combustion. So technically it was kind of a prime warm up

Petunia Vanish,

O-G-Reg

Just had first combustion event on phase 3 unit may have been my fault using temperature for 40 I pressed and waited till it turned green I then released by accident and press the button again and it instantly turned green and when I drew that hit it was instant combustion. So technically it was kind of a prime warm up
Sounds like you experienced the first press overheat bugand then didnt wait quite long enough before the 2nd press/draw

O-G-Reg,

FC123

The stainless steel pods should introduce more induction to the herb, so my question is: Is it then easier to get vapor with the square? Would be cool for sharing with other people because of the lower learning curve.
I'm waiting for VapoShop for selling the stainless steel pods. Very interested.

FC123,

wastedpotential

You know you are high when it takes you three hits to realise you are hitting an empty pod.
Interesting. Because I did that completely sober. My problem was that I was getting very inconsistent hits, likely from bad seal and bad MP. (phase 1) So, it had become 'normal' for not getting hits. And a couple times I opened to find I was on an empty pod.

O-G-Reg

The stainless steel pods should introduce more induction to the herb, so my question is: Is it then easier to get vapor with the square? Would be cool for sharing with other people because of the lower learning curve.
I'm waiting for VapoShop for selling the stainless steel pods. Very interested.
Not to be a dick, but the engineer in me cant help it... the stainless steel pods might provide some level of conduction heating. I wont get into the difference, not super important in this context.

Now for some science based theory to help answer your question without actually having the SS pods
i’d expect it would make little difference if any. In fact the stock pods may be better.

for there to be any noticeable effect SS pods would need significant heat conduction improvement as opposed to the standard pods. Now i (fairly safley) assume the stock pods are anodized aluminum. This actually has better heat conductive properties than SS. Id expect that while in use, the stock pods conduct more heat.

So why SS pods? Still no hard evidence here, but id assume they might be a tad more durable, and there is no risk of the aluminum coating scraping off... possibly getting into your airpath.

Again i make no gaurentee of these results. This is just what i would expect, more of a hypothesis, please don’t hesitate to disagree!

Last edited:

ginolicious

Since we are on the topic of pods again I’m rather curious if the micro dose are going to be stainless steel or andonized aluminum.

ginolicious,
Reactions: AJS

FC123

Not to be a dick, but the engineer in me cant help it... the stainless steel pods might provide some level of conduction heating. I wont get into the difference, not super important in this context.

Now for some science based theory to help answer your question without actually having the SS pods
i’d expect it would make little difference if any. In fact the stock pods may be better.

for there to be any noticeable effect SS pods would need significant heat conduction improvement as opposed to the standard pods. Now i (fairly safley) assume the stock pods are anodized aluminum. This actually has better heat conductive properties than SS. Id expect that while in use, the stock pods conduct more heat.

So why SS pods? Still no hard evidence here, but id assume they might be a tad more durable, and there is no risk of the aluminum coating scraping off... possibly getting into your airpath.

Again i make no gaurentee of these results. This is just what i would expect, more of a hypothesis, please don’t hesitate to disagree!
No, thanks for the answer!
Yes, I misspelled conduction with induction. Of course I mean conduction. Stainless steel is better at heat retention, but since it's a worse conductor than aluminium, it takes a while to get to the preferred temperature. So I'm interested how the experience will be with ss. I think the reason why haze introduce ss is because some people find aluminum in the bowl not attractive. For example Boundless changed the bowl from aluminum to ss because people were concerned of aluminium and forgot that the crafty/mighty also has aluminum (as a heater). And they've got a medical certificate. But of course there are different ss grades.
In theory, I assume that the heating will be more "hybrid" (in vape terms). So it should be better at sharing, since the material will be heated more constantly. But will it introduce problems with the heating sensor, so that combustion is more likely? I also assume, that efficiency will get a bit worse but the convenience of the heat retention should do the work instead for you (so getting the material to the desired temperature with your drawing is less involved and in general less involved technique needed).
What I find very intriguing is the modular base of the square, so you can optimize your experience with different components and it's fun to experiment with it. I hope Haze introduce different materials in the pods. So despite the inconsistency I like what Haze is doing.

ginolicious

I’ve always liked what Haze does as a company. Wish they had a store close to me in Canada so I could check it out. I’m even open to working there haha. With pot legalized in Canada for recreational use we could kill the sales and competition? Okay I’m joking. Just slightly. They do have nice accessories. Maybe even a water pipe adapter or their own bubbler like they made for the Dual V3. I wouldn’t use it cause I don’t like that suction feeling and resistance. I use to be a big bong smoker. Not anymore. But I know others would hop all over it.

Top Bottom