1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Haze Square

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by scottg402, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Djsleepy

Djsleepy Active Member

If you preordered thru Haze it's comes as a pre order incentive ....if through a retailer.....you would need to purchase tool....part of the reason to preorder!

And as @O-G-Reg said they may be out or wait ing on shipment.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 1:20 PM
  2. BuddhaPiece

BuddhaPiece New Member

I’ve been a lurker on the forums for a little while, after how much I loved the Dual V3 (one chamber stopped heating up sadly), I wanted to grab the Square. Great thread in here too, a lot of good information that got my excited to get my Phase 3 Unit.

It worked well for about a day, but now the unit won’t charge. When I plug the USB c cord in, there’s no charging light and I can’t get the unit to turn on at all anymore. Any help here or tips, emailed Haze yesterday but haven’t got a reply yet. Not sure if I have a faulty unit or not. Only got to use the thing for about two bowls until it shut off and died .

Was hoping to use the square while I sent my Haze V3 in for repair

CloudMaker likes this.
  3. JayPizzle

JayPizzle New Member

They got in touch and even provided tracking. The tracking may have gotten sent to my spam box. I was mostly concerned about just getting the items shipped out since they've always shipped them out in a timely manner.

4. RogueGuy

RogueGuy There's nothing like living in Southern Oregon

I did get one as part of phase 1. Awesome that they are making it standard with purchase. Makes rebuilding it such a snap. I've never used it to load the bowls. I just dropped my bowls in a shallow dish of ground flower and fill it that way.

A little tip if people haven't figured this out, if you put the tab for the bowl tray facing the left then bowl number one is top right and then they go clockwise. Easy to keep track.

O-G-Reg likes this.
  5. caseball2051

caseball2051 Well-Known Member

Just had my first, first hit combustion event.

It was unpleasant.

Had been preheating once as a habit to prevent this and space it out

Whisper likes this.
  6. Vapin in the usa

Vapin in the usa Hit em with the hein!

Phase 3 arrived:)

Will update soon.:brow:

Djsleepy and Mattyboo42 like this.
  7. Mattyboo42

Mattyboo42 Member

My unit will also not charge all the time. Sometimes it will if it is completely dead and I plug it in. Definitely a faulty board. Other than that charging issue my phase 2 is ok though. Still getting around to shipping it back. I love the thing when it works like designed, it is my favorite vape to use at the moment.

BuddhaPiece likes this.
  8. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Member

Silicon case is isn’t the best. I’d say you get what you pay for. Its pretty loose and i dont think it offers much profection aside from some scratch protection. I’m not confident it will survive long going in and out of my pocket.
    I wish there were better options, i dont want my units finish to get scratched up, ect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P. S. You it covers the pod numbers, DIY

dood44, Jill NYC, Mattyboo42 and 2 others like this.
  9. Stdudez

Stdudez Active Member

I agree with the silicone case being cheap. That little strap that is supposed to go around the mouthpiece is particularly annoying and I just cut it off flush and it works much better without it. Mine it solely used for scratch protection. I'm not expecting any sort of drop damage resistance.

Solomon likes this.
  10. KMizzy

KMizzy New Member

2nd day observations- I am really liking this so far. I am yet to have a combustion, so that's good.
    The mouthpiece is loose when I'm using it, not stored, so I'll try something to fix that.
    A weird thing is my square takes 2 minutes after inactivity to power off, the manual says 45 seconds, but I timed it tonight after notic9jg it was on for longer. It isn't a problem, maybe even a beneficial bug? Let's me hang out longer and be ready to go

11. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Member

What temps do you use?

12. RogueGuy

RogueGuy There's nothing like living in Southern Oregon

I have been carrying and storing mine in one of those free fabric bags you get when you buy sunglasses. Works to keep it from at least getting scratched.

Jill NYC, Mattyboo42 and Easywider like this.
  13. skidmark

skidmark New Member

Exact same thing happened to me, I sent mine in and am awaiting news. Ill let you know what they said about mine.

14. Djsleepy

Djsleepy Active Member

The silicone case imo is best for keeping your hands from getting hot when using unit. Yeah it s loose but man have you ever held this thing w/out it????? It's pretty warm....at least with it on ....holding it is more tolerable.

15. Stdudez

Stdudez Active Member

First concentrate from the square last night. Tried dabs between a sandwich of 2 concentrate pads on the highest temp (480). Several huge and smooth draws - completely finished it off, none was wasted - and the sandwich appears to be the way to go as the SS screen didn't really get gunked up at all.

I wasn't expecting much on the concentrate front - but honestly I'm impressed and this thing legitimately handles them well!

Another win for the Haze Square!

16. ginolicious

ginolicious Well-Known Member

Vaped did nice Grand Daddy Purple last night. First time vaping hag strain. Kinda has a cough syrup taste to it a bit. Not sure if I totally like the taste. But after a few draws was growing on me. Producing nice vapor. Some hits were so dense at 365 that I couldn’t draw for the full 10 seconds.

This vape is starting to remind me of the Elevape Smart Vape. With differences of course. Never bought one. Thank god I didn’t. Company went belly up. Something I doubt I will see happen to Haze!!!

dood44 and MinnBobber like this.
  17. Vapin in the usa

First Bowl used at 3:30 355 440.
    Dark brown AVB specks of black but no combustion

Little visible vapor tasted great. The wife commented the unit gets hot.

Second bowl 415 then 390.

Went to change to another Bowl counterclockwise and top popped off ...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 11:03 AM
  18. Haze Vaporizers

Haze Vaporizers Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Phase 3 locks only 1 way. If you force it other way around, you will break it

Jill NYC and Vapin in the usa like this.
  19. Vapin in the usa

Good to know! :cool:

Note: now pods go(turn) counting down from 4 3 2 1.

Just did complete deep clean took 30mins to reassemble (post your time).. The hardest was getting all air paths in correctly at the same time.

i watched video on YouTube ( doesn't help)... Called haze got help:love:
    https://www.hazevaporizers.com/faq-general/how-do-i-clean-remove-the-air-path-filters/

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 11:35 AM
  20. FC123

FC123 Member

I think its pretty easy to reassemble the square without the loading tool. Sure it's easier. Just use the main half as a "loading tool" so you just need to align it. When I have time, I'll make some photos.
    To performance wise I didn't get a hang of the square yet... its really annoying... But man I did get one amazing hit and if it does performs like that consistently, its a money shot

Hoping for Haze How to videos like ghost did.

And the microdosing... Getting a hang of it with .25 and every time a combustion is really annoying.. But right now I don't have time for trying.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 11:52 AM
    dood44 likes this.
  21. ginolicious

I don’t have any issue doing a deep clean. Just place the screens in. The lids on top and then push down.

Whisper and Djsleepy like this.
  22. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Member

Im getting super sticky resin coating the screens which then get coated in herb, which falls right off with a poke, but i wonder if its having an effect on the quality of my ABV. I haven’t gotten as even coloring or as full extraction as i get with my nearly as new Plenty. Either to be expected and/or I just need more practice packing it.

Anyone getting even//well extracted ABV... what are you using for your grind? I’m putting dry herbs once through a

https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Bell-Piece-Spice-Grinder/dp/B00XZZ0DKE?th=1&psc=1
    Maybe thats not enough? Or i’m possibly packing my herb too dense; maybe getting all clumped up when i grab pinches out of the grinder...

The resin is like light honey and i wish there was a practical way to gather it up. Reclaiming really intrigues me now that i’m vaping more as opposed to combustion...

23. ginolicious

Give it a stir. Try higher temps

24. Djsleepy

Djsleepy Active Member

I use some scultping tools to scrape and collect and put in silicone case.... working on a nice ball of reclaim...might end up in my cookies!!!!
    Using abv or already been vaped material is great for making butter which can used in all sorts of recipes.

O-G-Reg likes this.
  25. ginolicious

Contemplating pressing some Rosin today with a hair straightener and trying it out in my Square.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors