Discontinued Haze Square

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The battery is not user swappable. Current price point iirc will be $169 and $189 for the faster-charging model.

Units for testing are supposed to arrive within a few weeks, so units could be available for sale pretty damn soon.

:peace:

Oh wow those are low low prices!
Thanks for the scoop Stu :tup:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah market is maturing and contracting, hence prices are getting lower and lower. Soon it will be pretty hard for independent makers to survive, as the prices are driven down to levels where only big players and Chinese companies can sustain their business.

Fast forward 10 years in the future, medium players will merge and consolidate with the few remaining big fishes and we'll be left with a completely over-ripe and opaque market where it's almost impossible to enter.

Factor into that the possible application of the new FDA rules and the outrageous entry price that will ensue...

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Yeah market is maturing and contracting, hence prices are getting lower and lower. Soon it will be pretty hard for independent makers to survive, as the prices are driven down to levels where only big players and Chinese companies can sustain their business.

Fast forward 10 years in the future, medium players will merge and consolidate with the few remaining big fishes and we'll be left with a completely over-ripe and opaque market where it's almost impossible to enter.

Factor into that the possible application of the new FDA rules and the outrageous entry price that will ensue...

I do not agree 100% with your analyse.

I do believe market is going to be harder (and it is already quite hard) towards manufacturers that are too greedy or too lazy / inadequate to be able sort out a good vape at reasonable price.

A solid product like Vapcap represents what I mean, it would succeed at anytime because of what it is: A real innovative product at a correct pricing, not only you avoid price competition (clones) but you will be sustainable in long term also because customers do not feel robbed ;)

If you want to sell a wooden bloc at 400 because you say you gave it a "disruptive technology" (while it is still a very basic wooden bloc with some wires and none real new idea) than I agree with you (and we know) it will be very difficult to sell more than a hundred

So in the end I am not pessimistic as you seems to be, on the opposite I believe a maturated market is a problem only for lazy/greedy manufacturer. For us (customers) it is a blessing :) as with same money we will get more!

Now haze 2 seems to be in the good direction (it has a nice innovative feature and pricing still correct) can't wait to hear some real use report

herbivore21

I got a bit more information about the Haze in video form, however I apologize for the Audio in the Haze section.

This is incredible (the Square that is). Only questions are what are each and every component inside of the unit made of. I wanna know of any and all materials in the airpath. Can the bowl and airpath components be removed for proper iso soak, or can this only be wiped with iso? At this stage, it is all about cleanability.

Oh and is that a removable battery? - damn just saw it isn't. I hope that this can give enough battery life for heavy use! Ideally, this unit should supply enough juice for all 4 bowls to be fully spent. That would be the most enticing vape on the market IMO. It'd be the only vape that allows you to have a long day's medication schedule loaded up in one vape with enough battery to see you through!

Last edited:

Bladesman

This is incredible (the Square that is). Only questions are what are each and every component inside of the unit made of. I wanna know of any and all materials in the airpath. Can the bowl and airpath components be removed for proper iso soak, or can this only be wiped with iso? At this stage, it is all about cleanability.

Oh and is that a removable battery? - damn just saw it isn't. I hope that this can give enough battery life for heavy use! Ideally, this unit should supply enough juice for all 4 bowls to be fully spent. That would be the most enticing vape on the market IMO. It'd be the only vape that allows you to have a long day's medication schedule loaded up in one vape with enough battery to see you through!
A whole day medication? i wish it was for me. I do around 2 bowls per hour or so. For me, it would be constantly plugged into the power.

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
@WakeAndVape that's what I am hoping this will be. I would prefer swappable, but fully charged under an hour is fine by me.

The four chambers, no longer teardrop shaped, I like more as well. From the video, I couldn't tell if all of the parts are able to be taken out and soaked in iso. The concentrate pads being used as well I really liked. The firefly 2 works very well with the stainless steel pads, and someone on reddit was able to cut one up and use it in the haze v3 cans with great success. The price for coil replacement was also a nice surprise. $7-8 every six months is about what I pay for mflb batteries so it's definitely something I would be OK with.

MinnBobber

Anyone else think, why 4 chambers?? Why not one or two at most, and a unit half the size of the Haze Square? Maybe it's just me cuz I've never even used the second chamber in my Haze...

My concern is also the smell---with 4 loaded up chambers of primo flower or spent ABV, isn't it likely to smell? Especially since the chambers have to rotate so there must be a lot of gaskets/ connections instead of solid fully-contained chambers that are more smell-proof.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I could see it being useful for situations where you are at a concert or something, and don't want to take the time to re-load during that period of experience. Or pre-shift at work so that you don't have to worry about loading during breaks. (If you do that sort of thing :p)

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Hello everybody,

Our team just came back from Champs and looks like Buzz beat us to it with his video. We will have a meeting with the Champs team on Monday to receive all feedback from the show and we will share more info here but I wanted to thank everyone here who already started sharing valuable opinion. I want to take a moment and answer few of the questions and comments:

The Square PRO has an internal battery but much stronger than most of its kind as a convection vaporizer especially considering its size. It has USB-C charger (20V charging). The complete charge from a dead cell takes about 30-40 mins and it has pass through feature as well. You can use it while it is charging. Our test results show that we can easily complete an entire 4 chamber operation without the need to charge the unit but the beta testers will provide us more feedback around this of course.

Please keep in mind that this is a Heat On Demand unit. By default, it is way less smelly than a session vaporizer and I think that we have a unique insulation to further prevent the possible smell. Our beta testers will provide feedback around this of course.

All parts can be removed to be soaked but it will not be necessary on an ongoing basis. I will get Tay to post another video here sometime this week or possibly early next week to talk about some of these points.

The biggest area of improvement from last year's prototype to this final one was the simplicity of operation and cleaning.

I will be back here for more info this week. We are also waiting for our parts to build our beta tester units very soon.

Thank you all for sharing your feedback.

herbivore21

Hello everybody,

Our team just came back from Champs and looks like Buzz beat us to it with his video. We will have a meeting with the Champs team on Monday to receive all feedback from the show and we will share more info here but I wanted to thank everyone here who already started sharing valuable opinion. I want to take a moment and answer few of the questions and comments:

The Square PRO has an internal battery but much stronger than most of its kind as a convection vaporizer especially considering its size. It has USB-C charger (20V charging). The complete charge from a dead cell takes about 30-40 mins and it has pass through feature as well. You can use it while it is charging. Our test results show that we can easily complete an entire 4 chamber operation without the need to charge the unit but the beta testers will provide us more feedback around this of course.

Please keep in mind that this is a Heat On Demand unit. By default, it is way less smelly than a session vaporizer and I think that we have a unique insulation to further prevent the possible smell. Our beta testers will provide feedback around this of course.

All parts can be removed to be soaked but it will not be necessary on an ongoing basis. I will get Tay to post another video here sometime this week or possibly early next week to talk about some of these points.

The biggest area of improvement from last year's prototype to this final one was the simplicity of operation and cleaning.

I will be back here for more info this week. We are also waiting for our parts to build our beta tester units very soon.

Please show us a video of all components being taken apart for cleaning when you guys provide said video :D

I love the Haze v3, but the section where the mouthpiece sits gets disgusting with reclaim and since one cannot see down there or open it up, cleaning is never complete enough. I will not buy another vape that has this problem, since IME a clean vape always tastes better and is less of a smell risk.

I really want yours to be my on-demand vape though, and from the sound of it, your battery life claims will deliver what I need! :D

@Bladesman and others, remember, 2 of the bowls are for concentrates, not dry herb. Two large loads of full melt bubble/rosin + a couple of loads of high quality flower will do me a day's outing on my own :D

@Haze Vaporizers were your tests of battery life done with the pro unit, or the cheaper unit? How much of what kind of concentrate was loaded in the concentrate chambers?

Mr. Me2

Hello everybody,

Will you be offering extra containers so that all 4 can be filled with the same material?

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Please show us a video of all components being taken apart for cleaning when you guys provide said video :D

I love the Haze v3, but the section where the mouthpiece sits gets disgusting with reclaim and since one cannot see down there or open it up, cleaning is never complete enough. I will not buy another vape that has this problem, since IME a clean vape always tastes better and is less of a smell risk.

I really want yours to be my on-demand vape though, and from the sound of it, your battery life claims will deliver what I need! :D

@Bladesman and others, remember, 2 of the bowls are for concentrates, not dry herb. Two large loads of full melt bubble/rosin + a couple of loads of high quality flower will do me a day's outing on my own :D

@Haze Vaporizers were your tests of battery life done with the pro unit, or the cheaper unit? How much of what kind of concentrate was loaded in the concentrate chambers?
Thank you...I will get this information and video as well. Please remember that you can customize the tray. You can setup all four as dry herb or all four for concentrates. The box comes 2 herb and 2 concentrate canisters on the tray but we will supply each type of canister as an accessory to be purchased. Matter fact the tray itself will be available as an accessory for our customer base since they love pre-pack & go concept. You will be able to prepare multiple trays while you are on the go.

Lookatmeglow

@herbivore21 I agree completely about the cleaning of the v3. Still love it, but the vapor path where the stem sits is the biggest problem area in my opinion. I hope sqaure fixed that.

I also thought that all four chambers could be used for herb or concentrate, e liquids as well. Could be wrong though. Definitely want to see a video going a bit more in depth with the components.

@Haze Vaporizers will there be another leather case and key chain accessory for the sqaure? The one for the v3 was the perfect size for traveling with and the key chain helped keep everything together neatly for large group use.

herbivore21

Thank you...I will get this information and video as well. Please remember that you can customize the tray. You can setup all four as dry herb or all four for concentrates. The box comes 2 herb and 2 concentrate canisters on the tray but we will supply each type of canister as an accessory to be purchased. Matter fact the tray itself will be available as an accessory for our customer base since they love pre-pack & go concept. You will be able to prepare multiple trays while you are on the go.
Outstanding man - multiple trays is such a great idea! Almost all of the portables out there disappoint me because I have to fuck around reloading too much. If this meets my cleanability requirements then sign me up!!! When are these gonna be available?

Last edited by a moderator:

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
@herbivore21 I agree completely about the cleaning of the v3. Still love it, but the vapor path where the stem sits is the biggest problem area in my opinion. I hope sqaure fixed that.

I also thought that all four chambers could be used for herb or concentrate, e liquids as well. Could be wrong though. Definitely want to see a video going a bit more in depth with the components.

@Haze Vaporizers will there be another leather case and key chain accessory for the sqaure? The one for the v3 was the perfect size for traveling with and the key chain helped keep everything together neatly for large group use.
We have a seperate design for the case for the Square but it is geared towards taking it out conveniently, similar to V3 accessories.

Battery life is the same between models.

herbivore21

We have a seperate design for the case for the Square but it is geared towards taking it out conveniently, similar to V3 accessories.

Battery life is the same between models.
Great news! Man you just made my day telling me that the bowls are interchangeable. I have wanted a vape like this for so long now for concentrates. Loading 4 bowls of full melt/rosin at a time, charging a battery and forgetting to worry about whether I have enough meds with me when I need to leave the house would change my life! I might end up one of the only people using the Square for concentrates only lol

EDIT: @Haze Vaporizers would the pro unit battery last long enough to fully spend 4 bowls of concentrate at concentrate temps?

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Great news! Man you just made my day telling me that the bowls are interchangeable. I have wanted a vape like this for so long now for concentrates. Loading 4 bowls of full melt/rosin at a time, charging a battery and forgetting to worry about whether I have enough meds with me when I need to leave the house would change my life! I might end up one of the only people using the Square for concentrates only lol
Thank you...Most of you guys already know this but we take beta testing very seriously. The Square's final features will be shaped based on your feedback and almost every other accessory we prepare for you , was created with your input. So one more time, i want to say thank you for your time and sharing.

herbivore21

Thank you...Most of you guys already know this but we take beta testing very seriously. The Square's final features will be shaped based on your feedback and almost every other accessory we prepare for you , was created with your input. So one more time, i want to say thank you for your time and sharing.
Glad to assist man, I know you guys have always listened to feedback from folks here and that is what drew me to the V3 in the first place.

One question - could we clarify what all of the internal components in the vapor-path are made of? This should include all surfaces where vapor travels as well as the composition of the heater, the herb/concentrate chambers and the tray itself. Also the mouthpiece. Do you guys have GonG attachments made yet? Please also detail the materials used for any o-rings etc.

Last edited:

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Glad to assist man, I know you guys have always listened to feedback from folks here and that is what drew me to the V3 in the first place.

One question - could we clarify what all of the internal components in the vapor-path are made of? This should include all surfaces where vapor travels as well as the composition of the heater, the herb/concentrate chambers and the tray itself. Also the mouthpiece. Do you guys have GonG attachments made yet?
It is made of steel and ceramic. We also have ceramic insulator inside. It is extremely clean pathway with no plastics or rubber/silicone in the pathway. We have not started on the GonG attachments yet. It will depend on the overall weight of the unit after production.

Lookatmeglow

It is made of steel and ceramic. We also have ceramic insulator inside. It is extremely clean pathway with no plastics or rubber/silicone in the pathway. We have not started on the GonG attachments yet. It will depend on the overall weight of the unit after production.

GonG? Oh yeah I will definitely need one of those as well. Everything keeps making this more and more attractive.

herbivore21

So even the black outer surface of the haze tray is steel? Is that soakable in ISO? Anything with a black finish tends to scare me with solvents.

Is the entire heater ceramic? No wires or anything in the path? What's the polymer in that mouthpiece o-ring I thought I saw? Not meaning to give you the third degree but I really need an exhaustive list of materials in the vapor path :)

As above, definitely make a GonG, many of us will not buy a vape that doesn't offer this functionality.

Top Bottom